• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superboy (all Kryptonians?) Existence Erasure resistance

Is this a feat for Existence Erasure for Superboy (Conner Kent) and could it scale to other Kryptonians?

In the Hypertension storyline, we learn being struck by bolts of Hypertime erases someone from existence in EVERY hypertime reality. (Superboy vol 4 (1994) #63)

In the next issue, Superboy's evil alternate Black Zero is hit with a blast of hypertime energy and is erased. Conner is not erased, and presumably neither were his other Hypertime variants though this is unconfirmed. (Superboy vol 4 (1994) #64).

Counter argument: Superboy in the next issue (Superboy vol 4 (1994) #65) speculates Black Zero had to survive because he (Conner) wasn't erased.

Counter to that counter: Both editions of DC's Encyclopedia state Black Zero was destroyed by the Hypertime wave.

This would scale to Conner, and POSSIBLY Full Kryptonians.

I'm sorry but Superboy never gets hit in any of these scans. Is there a case of him getting hit by one of the bolts you didn't post?

I'm sorry but Superboy never gets hit in any of these scans. Is there a case of him getting hit by one of the bolts you didn't post?

That's what the scans are about.

Superboy never hets hit, but his Alternate BLACK ZERO got hit and was erased. In the previous issue, it's explicitly stated getting hit by one of those bolts erases not only you, but every alternate of you as what happened with Paul Westfield.

To put it simply: Only one alternate version of you needs to be hit for every version of you to be erased.

Conner wasn't erased when Black Zero was erased, despite all logic meaning he should have been as well.

Black Zero even notes that if Conner is erased, he'll be erased too.

Last edited:
Oh, I wasn't getting that Black Zero was an alternate Superboy.

This looks good then.

I wouldn't give it to all Kryptonians without a greater reason as to why Superboy didn't get erased involved him being a Kryptonian but he should be good for it

To support the possible tag: Conner grabs June Robbins just as she's struck with a bolt at the same time she and Red Ryan were hit. Red is erased, but June survives and is "Swapped" with an alternate counterpart, June Walker. They state the only reason they didn't "lose her altogether" was because of Conner.

While it's open to interpretation that Red and Black Zero survived, the context, and the fact that Red nor Black Zero ever appear again indicate they failed to find him, which added to the Encyclopedias stating BZ was destroyed, makes it more likely TO ME that Conner resisted erasure.

To support the possible tag: Conner grabs June Robbins just as she's struck with a bolt at the same time she and Red Ryan were hit. Red is erased, but June survives and is "Swapped" with an alternate counterpart, June Walker. They state the only reason they didn't "lose her altogether" was because of Conner.

While it's open to interpretation that Red and Black Zero survived, the context, and the fact that Red nor Black Zero ever appear again indicate they failed to find him, which added to the Encyclopedias stating BZ was destroyed, makes it more likely TO ME that Conner resisted erasure.
It seems like this scan is saying the only reason why she wasn't erased is because Conner didn't let go of her. You can see in this scan that the part Conner was holding on to was her arm, which wasn't caught in the storm

Back