• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ex-Soldier vs Damiyo

Eminiteable said:
Guess I vote Oden via higher AP.
Higher AP? The gap is less than 1.2X. For all intensive purposes, they're basically at the same level of strength. Any differences would be so small that it wouldn't even matter.

Oden scales to scarring Kaido who no one else in the verse has done as well as contending with prime whitebeard and Roger. Supposedly Kaido would win in a fight against an old Whitebeard (not sick however), and it's implied despite Kaido being kept in captivity by marines and his fellow Yonko that none of these 8 Teraton characters could scar him. All of this scales above old sick Whitebeard who performs the feat.

Now mind you despite all that the AP difference isn't going to be insanely big, but, I think Oden can deal with Bullet's arsenal with his higher AP and ranged slashes.

Even if one were to take Oden being stronger than Kaido, you also have to consider this: Bullet is massively more powerful than 6.7 teratons. That was feat was done by Zoro in the Stampede movie, who Bullet out classes completely. So you have two characters who scale higher than their respective feats with said feats having a negligible gap in their respective calcs.

He's saying Bullet outclasses Zoro completely, but that's not true as he never fought stampede zoro in the movie.

Unless you want to argue Zoro would do any better than Luffy or any other character who fought Bullet, Douglas' scaling is legit.

As far as the movie is concerned the only person who bullet has fought that is stronger than zoro is potentially either sabo (who fought the big big golem) or gear fourth luffy who actually fought comparatively with bullet.

If what you're trying to say is that Zoro is stronger than Luffy until he uses G4, let me laugh.

At worst they are comparable. And don't forget this theoretically takes place after Whole Cake Arc, meaning Luffy is in his Post-Katakuri state whereas Zoro, neither manga nor anime, has feats to put him at such level.

So by simple and classic scaling Luffy > Zoro. G4 makes it worse for him. Especially when Bullet fodderized the Supernova gang with such ease.

I'm inclined to say Bullet takes this overall

In terms of feats they're comparable but Douglas edeges out overall in skill due to his feats against Luffy and is arguably more versatile

Also what's a Solider

With the current revisions going on it's not conclusive if we scale Luffy with gear third to Fujitora completely.

In this movie both fought evenly with no restrictions, my point being that if Gear fourth > Zoro that means Bullet is > Zoro. Not completely outclasses as that simply didn't happen in the movie.

He did outclass Snakeman which is comparable to Katakuri, who in fact overpowered the attack that sent Issho flying.

Unless I missed something, the scaling isn't the problem but the number of the feat.

I just disagreed with the statement of completely, I still agree bullet scales above his feat decently just have an issue with the wording is all.

The scaling goes like this:

Bullet > Snakeman >=< Katakuri >>> Gear Third >=< Issho.

You know where Zoro is placed at here. He gets completely stomped by Bullet who, in fact, wasn't using his 100% against Snakeman like he did versus Boundman. Just by logic, Zoro stands no chance against Bullet and he used his strongest move to perform this feat.

Adding the versatility edge Bullet possesses with Geppou and his Devil Fruit, he gains control over the battlefield. Oden has dealt with flying opponents and Bullet needs to get close to get in the fight since he has no ranged options while you could argue Oden does.

Skill wise is a bit complicated. Bullet is a trained soldier whereas Oden is the peak of potential from a country with many competent swordsmen, but Bullet's training seems to be more complete and he outclassed Luffy who has a great amount of feats while all Oden has is besting Kaido and getting slapped aside by Roger.

If Bullet relies on his Haki to protect himself, Oden will have a hard time putting any notable injury on him. Through the movie Bullet's Haki was constantly referenced by the fact he can use it in his massive golem, something we know by looking at Luffy struggling with Gear 4th isn't easy at all. So we could say Bullet possesses one of the best feats for Haki in the verse. Oden, on the other hand, is the standard for Proficient users for being able to put Haki in his swords. His Observation Haki isn't any better as the best showing of it is by reading Roger's aura as that of a wild beast, while Bullet fought with Luffy who has Future Sight. However, going by this logic Oden should be well considered as he contended with the likes of Roger, Shirohige and Kaido, who should be at a competent level at the very least (Shirohige could prevent getting killed by Ace while sleeping for example). But in the end, they'd cancel each other out in Observation while Bullet destroys in Armament.

Edit: To dig further into the scaling, Bullet ended up clashing with Boundman, which is > Snakeman.

Bullet takes this mid-diff.

Back