• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evil Lord Wrath (Jaldabaoth's True Form)'s power

Ainz literally only used super tier magic at the end of the fight. All other damage was done by normal spells.

Apeironaxim said:
Damage can also be done by spells that are a weakness to the enemy, like how the Dominion Authority could hurt Ainz, even if it was just a tiny bit
Not all of Ainz's spells hit weaknesses or did bonus damage on her though.

Yobobojojo said:
Ainz literally only used super tier magic at the end of the fight. All other damage was done by normal spells.
Yeah, and barring Perfect Warrior a lot of it was from hax.

Can you name off some 9-10th Tier magic he uses that has no hax that harms her?

Call Greater Thunder

Hold of Ribs

Obsidian Sword

Thousand Bone Lance

These are spells that hurt Shalltear but whose tier is unknown, I'll list more if I find them

As it stands, it's more then likely that Wrath can at least harm Ainz, especially since durability isn't something you can hold back. I'd still be comfortable with a "possibly" rating though.

There's also the fact that the Evil Lords were considered threats to other Supreme Beings.

If the caster was weak, she'd be immune to even tier-ten spells, but against a powerful caster - like Ainz - tier one was probably the limit.

This is during Ainz and Shalltear's fight and it explains how Shalltear's magic resistance works, so spells above tier one can hurt her, but just not a lot I would assume if they are low-tier

I forgot about Reality Slash. My bad. But it's clear from both that quote and the battle that Ainz can harm her even with Tier 2 spells.

That only describes getting past Shalltear's resistances, though, not the spell's capacity to harm her.

Apeironaxim said:
The Primal Fire Elemental was in the upper 80s in terms of levels and would have done significant damage to Aura if it hit her
With Lord Wrath being around level 84 iirc, we could scale him from the Primal Fire Elemental, but that's about it as far as I know

Although the Elemental was also specifically stated to have extraordinary destructive power, so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be really strong for its level, although I may be looking too deep into it
I said this earlier, but as you can see I would still question the validity of using this method

Yobobojojo said:
It describes her lacking immunity to them past that point, which means it refers to overall harm.
Again, that's just her immunity to the spells. I don't remember Ainz using tier 1 spells to harm her.

Lacking a immunity to them is quite literally lacking the ability to tank them without any effect. Not to mention by what the quote states Ainz would have to use a Tier 2 spells.

Yobobojojo said:
Lacking a immunity to them is quite literally lacking the ability to tank them without any effect. Not to mention by what the quote states Ainz would have to use a Tier 2 spells.
No, it's just the spells actually managing to hit as opposed to being noped entirely.

Like Apeiro mentioned he had to boost the spells to tier 10 strength. And even then, it wasn't nearly as effective as the super tier spell you're suggesting Wrath to backscale from.

I don't believe every single spell he used was boosted to that level, but I'll check again.

If it bypasses her resistance, it means it harms her. Especially considering her resistance is based on strength rather then tier.

In short, Shalltear's resistance is based on the strength of the caster rather than the tier of the spells they use.

Wrath doesn't backscale from the super tier spell. He backscales from Ainz. Those are too separate things, especially since they aren't even the same Super Tier spell in question.

Yobobojojo said:
I don't believe every single spell he used was boosted to that level, but I'll check again.

If it bypasses her resistance, it means it harms her. Especially considering her resistance is based on strength rather then tier.
Yeah, because many of the spells were actually tier 10 or like before were hax.

A tier 9 spell with immunity/resistance negation would get past the fire resistances of a tier 8 character, but the AP wouldn't be enough to harm it. The quote isn't saying that the spells are strong enough to harm her, they're saying Ainz's level as a Caster means her immunity doesn't outright negate them.

Anyway, unless we're assuming Ainz's non-super Tier spells can easily by tanked by anyone who is 6-C, there isn't even really a argument to be made.

Yobobojojo said:
Only Magic Arrow was, due to it being a tier-one spell it would be nulled by Shalltear's magic resistance

Yeah, because many of the spells were actually tier 10 or like before were hax.

A tier 9 spell with immunity/resistance negation would get past the fire resistances of a tier 8 character, but the AP wouldn't be enough to harm it. The quote isn't saying that the spells are strong enough to harm her, they're saying Ainz's level as a Caster means her immunity doesn't outright negate them.

Except her resistance doesn't work in that way. It's done based on raw stats rather then tier.

Yobobojojo said:
Wrath doesn't backscale from the super tier spell. He backscales from Ainz.
... who scales to a super tier spell.

I'll assert again the context of the fight shouldn't warrant scaling.

Yeah, but his other magic scales as well. Otherwise we'd have him as 7-B, 6-C with Super-Tier magic.

Yobobojojo said:
Yeah, but his other magic scales as well. Otherwise we'd have him as 7-B, 6-C with Super-Tier magic.
And Ainz can control how much of his power that he uses. And often limits himself and doesn't use his full power in fights.

Dargoo Faust said:

I'll assert again the context of the fight shouldn't warrant scaling.
Wrath is far superior to the Pleiades, so he would be "At least 7-B" imo, but I could also see "At most 6-C"

I could see that, as Ainz even stated Wrath would be "hard-pressed" to stand against him even with Enhanced Doppelgängers helping him, which means even though Wrath is no doubt strong, he's not on Ainz's level

Okay, I could agree to that.

Assuming we use that as the justification I'd be fine with 7-A+ as his rating as opposed to a 7-B lowball assuming we can get some supporting feats.

After taking a punch from the Evil Lord's maul-like fist, Ainz felt pain ― though it was immediately suppressed.

They're using a pincer attack of two people who can do bludgeoning damage, which is my weakness.

Here we have Wrath hurting Ainz by an unknown amount, but it is later stated that Wrath does bludgeoning damage which is his weakness

So I assume Wrath would do some amount of damage by himself, but his attacks being classified as "bludgeoning" let them do more against Ainz

Yeah, that helps as support.

7-A+ seems like a good bet to me considering the specifics of the fight.

In addition, this spell also generated all kinds of negative status effects such as poisoning, blindness, deafness, and so on, but anything of the Evil Lord's level would be able to resist it with their raw statistics alone and the Pleiades' equipment ought to have made them immune to all these effects.

This is talking about Nuclear Blast btw

This gives some resistances to Wrath and the Pleiades

Back