• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evil Lord Wrath (Jaldabaoth's True Form)'s power

I'm in the process of making a profile for the Evil Lord Wrath, who is a prominent character in volumes 12 & 13. He is about level 84, so this means he should be in a lower tier than the floor guardians, but still far above characters like Evileye and Fluder Paradyne. I'm currently looking for quotes in volume 13 that might help, but some input would be really appreciated.

IDK if Ainz was going all out, though; keep in mind Ainz purposefully faked his death during that fight.

I've yet to read that far in the Light Novel, though.

He had more difficulty than he would've if he were to go all out since in this case he had to defeat Wrath and the doppelgangers without killing them. Ainz won, and then told them to pretend to defeat him. In other words, Ainz gave it everything he had, and he only faked his death after the real fight was over.

Hm. I'll take your word for it; although I am still uncertain of scaling a summon of a guardian to Ainz, even through backscaling.

Was Wrath/Jaldy actually capable of harming a fully-equipped Ainz and tanking high-level spells from Ainz like Shalltear did? If so, could you link where that happens?

Wrath was capable of tanking Ainz's Nuclear Blast spell.

"Alright, now get out of my face. ÒÇîMaximize Magic Nuclear BlastÒÇì!"

"!"

Before Ainz's eyes, the space between him and the Evil Lord flashed and swelled, consuming everything in an instant. Yuri was surprised, but that was only to be expected, because Ainz had been caught in it as well.

Using the ninth tier spell ÒÇîNuclear BlastÒÇì as an attack was a questionable choice. It did composite damage ― half fire, half bludgeoning ― and it was one of the weaker 9th tier spells in terms of damage

Wrath later has a pretty big battle with Ainz in the sky.

It would seem they were going to fight again in the air.

Crimson spheres and glowing spheres blossomed in the sky.

Each of these spells could probably destroy an entire city district by themselves, and they were hurling them at each other in wild flurries. However, they looked kind of cute from a distance.

Even so, that was an exchange of power within a realm that mankind could never reach.

I think 6-C is just fine for Wrath.

I mean that also says Nuclear Blast is one of the weaker 9th tier damage spells

So I still don't see a solid 6-C rank for Lord Wrath

The Primal Fire Elemental was in the upper 80s in terms of levels and would have done significant damage to Aura if it hit her

With Lord Wrath being around level 84 iirc, we could scale him from the Primal Fire Elemental, but that's about it as far as I know

Although the Elemental was also specifically stated to have extraordinary destructive power, so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be really strong for its level, although I may be looking too deep into it

Assaltwaffle said:
Being above an unknown nuclear attack and city-destroying attacks isn't justification for 6-C.
Their point is that he can tank Ainz's attacks and damage him significantly if given the chance, so he should be scaled to him to a certain extent.

Their point is that he can tank Ainz's attacks and damage him significantly if given the chance, so he should be scaled to him to a certain extent.

Yeah no.

Tanking 9th Tier destructive spells =/= Tanking a super Tier spell, by any measure.

And like Assalt said Ainz purposefully staged the battle to fake his own death. He wasn't serious.

Yobobojojo said:
Ainz wasn't holding back. Otherwise his training wouldn't have worked.
I'm pretty sure if Ainz wasn't holding back he would have prepped and opened with a Super Tier spell or just hax Jaldy to death.

Not holding back physically. That whole battle was supposed to give Ainz some sort of training. I doubt that could have happened if Wrath couldn't even scratch him.

Ainz can't use super tier spells on demand due to the cast time (and the fact that he didn't want to waste cash items to speed it up), and Evil Lord Wrath is resistant to Ainz's hax due to the fact that he was chosen as one of Demiurge's subordinates.

Yobobojojo said:
Not holding back physically. That whole battle was supposed to give Ainz some sort of training. I doubt that could have happened if Wrath couldn't even scratch him.
Ainz isn't 6-C physically though, unless he was using Perfect Warrior to fight Jaldy.

FDrybob said:
Ainz can't use super tier spells on demand due to the cast time (and the fact that he didn't want to waste cash items to speed it up), and Evil Lord Wrath is resistant to Ainz's hax due to the fact that he was chosen as one of Demiurge's subordinates.
Then I don't see why we would scale Jaldy to the yield of a super tier spell, if Ainz wouldn't have had the chance to deploy one. From the looks of it Ainz didn't even dip into 10th Tier magic.

Heck, Jaldy is technically just a summon of Demiurge.

Ainz isn't 6-C physically though, unless he was using Perfect Warrior to fight Jaldy.

He is 6-C in durability though

While we're at it, I'm going to point out that Demiurge wouldn't have Wrath as a summon if he wasn't at least capable of damaging a 6-C foe.

Ainz was purposefully staging his death, though. Of course he'd let Jaldy harm him so it looked genuine.

And no, not every summon of a guardian is automatically 6-C. I feel like this is far too liberally scaling the potency of Super-Tier magic. An evil Wrath Lord shouldn't be comparable to any of the guardians, let alone Ainz by any metric.

Yobobojojo said:
Ainz didn't state his death until after the fight was over. The fight itself was training.
So was Ainz' fight with Clementine as Momon. What's your point?

The fight itself was just sparring. Ainz had a wager with Albedo on whether he'd win the sparring match or not, so she tried to make sure it was as difficult as possible for him. Whether he won the match or not, he was going to fake his own death afterwards.

Yobobojojo said:
Ainz literally considered Clementine too fodder to use magic on, which is definitely not the case here.
And who's to say Ainz wasn't using his full power on Wrath here? Again he only uses up to 9th Tier magic. Impressive, but again, nowhere near super tier.

Comparing Ainz's match with Jaldy to his match with Shalltear in regards to scaling makes no sense.

No one is comparing it to the Shalltear match though? Shalltear is definitely above Wrath and probably above Ainz in overall ability.

It was true that a single level 80ish Evil Lord would be hard-pressed to stand against Ainz. However, even the addition of Yuri and Lupusregina did not make it a very powerful opponent.

Found this in the fan translated V13 (as there is no official release yet), not sure if this helps, I'm just trying to find stuff relating to Wrath's strength

Yeah, Wrath admittedly isn't as powerful as Ainz. At the same time though, we're back scaling it and feats >> offhand thoughts by the narrator or Ainz

I agree that Wrath shouldn't scale to Ainz directly since he needed the help of the boosted doppelgangers to pose a threat, but he should still be close tier-wise.

Yobobojojo said:
Yeah, Wrath admittedly isn't as powerful as Ainz. At the same time though, we're back scaling it and feats >> offhand thoughts by the narrator or Ainz
Again, it's hardly even a feat. Ainz clearly wasn't using the full extent of his power and strength and the whole match was for training (which says little of AP).

Backscaling would be less powerful but comparable to Ainz with super tier magic. But he never even uses it. And again, Ainz never uses even 10th Tier magic to fight it; while 9th Tier magic was matching it.

Ainz isn't just 6-C with Super-Tier magic though. He was clearly able to harm Shalltear with Tier 9-10 spells.

Yobobojojo said:
Ainz isn't just 6-C with Super-Tier magic though. He was clearly able to harm Shalltear with Tier 9-10 spells.
Most of the Tier 9-10 spells don't significantly harm her and the ones that do are hax-based.

Damage can also be done by spells that are a weakness to the enemy, like how the Dominion Authority could hurt Ainz, even if it was just a tiny bit

Back