• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World 5: Kill of the Night

A group of people from different universes has suddenly been transported to another world. They've all started to try and get by in these unknown environments. Most of them have also seen warnings about the dangers of the night and are now preparing themselves...

Meta/registration thread

List of players

Previous thread

When I say the time it will be in GMT.

Everyone:

- has Dimensional Storage for their equipment.

- Resists Mind Manipulation with the potency to affect a thousand minds.

"And I could summon wave of bullets to kill it, I guess?...And also teleport it inner and crush it between my hand."

I said, while I put my hand on the chin and ponder with my eyes close.

"I can create a rain that weighs down and slows all who are drenched by it."

@Monarch

I scratch my right cheek with my index finger

"You sure have a bad habit of speaking too fast."

My stomach then rumbles.

"Hey, would either of you mind if we took this discussion to a resturant or something ?"

I ask to Jessebell and Carol Danvers

[@Everyone it's 00:00 GMT]

@Paul

Nothing seems to be happening.

@Tota

You're now in London where it is midnight now.

@Tor

The article gives information about the mysterious murders and disappearances that have been accuring at night around the world. They seem to mostly occure in secluded areas near or in cities, although it has become more common for them to appear in places like malls and alleyways. The cause of these murders has been dubbed 'The Killers of the Night'. There doesn't seem to be any footage of the incidents and apparently there's also never any DNA or other traces of the killers to be found. Then the article goes into detail about new discoveries. Apparently among the mysterious murders and kidnappings there have now also been found bodies that were clearly killed by man made weapons like swords. It seems that there's a third party involved.

@Crim

You find out the same things Ted found out when he read the article. The latest incidents where the third party was involved seem to be in Rio.

@Stand

They tell you you're in Dallas.

@Dragon

"You don't have an adress? Then could you give me the adress of your closest relatvives or partner?" she says.

@Yobo

You find that there's still a suprising amount of people walking around considering that it's midnight. Maybe it's safer here because Heteka lives in London?

"Oh I know it just happens when I get excited I've tried to stop but I just can't do you have money for the restaraunt because I wasn't carrying a wallet when I got pulled into the void"

"Dallas, huh? I guess this universe really isn't that different from my own I guess." I start looking for a restaurant since I'm feeling particularly hungry.

"Uhm ..."

I put my hand on my chin, doing a thinking expression as i use telephaty to read the mind of a random person to discover the name if the city we currently are, along with the infomation about which resturants are in the area,

"City of Dallas, Texas."

I respond to Carol, while moving my hand away from my chin.

"Very good. We should make the preparations as we can then. The element of surprise is often enough to decide a battle. Ah, I had forgotten to introduce myself to you then, I am Luminaris."

He says as he turns to Non, Luminaris then materializes several illusions, they appear identical to the members of the group.

"Now would be the time to cloak ourselves."

He then becomes invisible, while still remaining visible to the three with him.

Vitus decides to investigate the locale looking for a hotel which he can temporarily reside. His Mesmer could help him with that or his more traditional magic.

@Andy,Phoenix,Everything

"As a precaution I will provide coverage from above" I say, to then fly and become invisible.

"Uh...yeah. Good. O could really go for getting something to eat right now. I...don't suppose you know of a place nearby?"

"Well, the plan is to take the attacker by surprise. Hence the illusions. We hide ourselves while the illusions remain out in the open to attract whatever is responsible for these events, then, as it attacks the illusions, we strike. It would be best if we could incapacitate instead of killing, as that would allow us to discover the purpose of these attacks, however if that is not a possibility, killing is fine."

@Yobo, Exodus

There's still a few bars and a nightclub open.

@Tota

Vitus is succesful.

Alexander then goes into Spirit Form, and creates rain clouds which would increase the effort it would take to move on everyone it rained on, everyone except for the four of them who would be dry in the bubbles Alexander created around them.

Vitus decides to head to a cumpter store, before he truly relaxes in his hotel room which he has a feeling he will be residing for quite a while. Looking for the highest quality computer they have, if it's open he uses mesmer so that the Cashier buys it. and if not, he uses his invisibility suit to help him stealthily steal it taking off anything that could be used to track said computer.

Jackythejack said:
"Uh...yeah. Good. O could really go for getting something to eat right now. I...don't suppose you know of a place nearby?"
"Actually, i do."

I respond

"There's one in this direction."

I say while pointing towards a seemengly random direction.

Jessebell blinked and stared at that random direction. "Uh...while I'm sure that we'd eventually see a restaurant If we head down that path, you...just got here. I don't think you know this place that well."

Nothing's happening yet, maybe I should go walk around and check things out Koharu thinks

She then hops down and enters spirit form to walk around the city and see if anything was happening

Maybe it's some kind of monster that comes out at night, or aliens, maybe a murderer has been active at night She runs through the possibilites while walking

@Jack

"Actually, i've read the mind of a random citizen of this city and learned about all resturants near-by."

I respond nonchalantelly

@Yobo, Exodus

You find a hotel. Behind the counter is a man looking at you with a worried face.

@Paul

After a bit of walking you feel a chill creeping up your spine.

@Phoenix, Faruel, Andy, Everything

A woman with a phone in her hand comes walking towards your illusions.

"Hello, do you happen to know they way to the nearest bus stop? It suddenly started raining so I'd rather get there quikcly."

@Stand

The man behind the counter looks confused.

"Pardon?"

The illusion of Luminaris replies.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but I don't, we are not from here and are waiting for someone, I've heard it isn't safe outside at night, so you should get going as soon as you can."

Meanwhile, the real Luminaris says to the group.

"Should we attempt to help this woman?"

"I don't see why we shoudln't, besides if we go with her she might attract the danger and we can procede with our plan whie saving her."

What the

After feeling a chill Koharu, still in spirit mode, turns around to see if something or someone was following her somehow

"Well, I did learn a few things about this place from peering into the minds of the people we met, I think we should have the illusions follow her while still remaining out of sight and following them. That would allow us to keep the woman safe, as well as proceed with the intended plan."

"Oh? Outside the shore, while holding a phone in the middle of the rain...Sure, why not!"

I said in agreement, while taking picture of the local

Back