• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World 4: very slow actually (aka thread 16)

"Sorry darling, I go where I want to," I say, reappearing sitting on the throne of Eden.

"Besides, your reaction is rather childish ... I let your little band of lizards escape, wow what a wicked one I've been" I say sarcastically.

"But if this can make you feel better ..."

With a simple gesture I rewind time to the point where the musicians were, making them reappear in the moment before I arrived through the portal.

The Eden that was in hell shrugs and goes back to Etheria to continue what he was doing.

The Eden on the the throne watches all of this happen

This isn't going to end well he thinks

"You know, I might not have made a good impression on you ... but give me some time ... and maybe I'll be able to make my presence more welcome to you" I say with a slight smile.

"I've known you for more than four thousand years ... and I still can't stand you," began a voice with a rough tone.

A shiver runs down my spine.

"Ah!" I exclaim, and then teleport myself behind Eden and peer over his shoulder with a trembling gesture.

"Oh ... h-hi, Partfind" I exclaim with a frightened smile.

There was a person dressed in the same clothes as Maverik suspended in mid-air, but he had short red hair, obsidian eyes and a rather pissed-off look on his face.

"Oh, great, now there's two uninivited guests"

Marta says, clearly annoyed by the event, while leaning on the right arm of her armchair.

"I was on my honeymoon with my wife ... and at some point I get a call from Maverik where he tells me he sent his copy to take care of the Metal Empire and at some point ... he didn't give any more no signal "says Partfind, approaching Maverik.

"But then, after a few hours ... I detect an extreme source of cosmic energy in hell ... and I find you, the copy of Maverik very easily massacring Lucifer," he says in an extremely angry tone.

"Now, I give you the opportunity to explain the reason for your surge of individuality ... or I can assure you that you will spend the worst five seconds of all your short existence"

"Emh ..." exclaimed Maverik.

Think of an excuse. Think of an excuse. Think of an excuse. I think.

"Am I on vacation?" I say uncertainly.

That answer was enough to make Partfind nervous and punching Maverik in the face.

(...)

"It's unbelievable! Every century that passes you always find a way to raise the auction of stupidity!" Exclaims Partfind, walking to the right and left in an angry way.

"But this time you broke every conceivable record!"

"Hey, what can I say ... I'm the best at what I do" I say, shrugging as I press a bag of ice to my left eye.

Partfind emits a snarl that makes me retract a step.

"Can you give me a damn explanation of what happened to you ... and who the hell they are !?" he asks, pointing to Eden and Marta.

"Oh, they are Martha and Eden ... besides as far as I could understand, I entered in this multiverse and got new powers ... I don't know how though"

"And examining the memories of a guy named Aranil ... apparently the same thing happened to them two ... and to other people here"

Partfind raises an eyebrow and then turns to Martha and Eden.

"Is it true what he says?"

"Yes it is." Eden responds

"Who are you, are you a friend of his?" He asks the newcomer while gesturing to Maverik

"I'm Partfind, Guardian of the Way of Chaos ... although most of the time I have to fix the trouble caused by this idiot," he says irritably, turning a look of disappointment towards Maverik.

I give him a nervous smile.

Partfind emits a tired sigh.

"I apologize for any trouble he caused," he says, turning back to Martha and Eden.

"We got our powers from this one guy that lives in a room outside of normal reality, he was probably the one that gave them to the clone too."

Marta tells to the newcomer, while re-putting herself in a normal sitting position.

"Also, apologies accepted."

"Ah ... at least this answers a question," says the Scarlet-haired Guardian, then turning to Maverik.

"Now lift your ass, cross the portal and reunite with the original Maverik," he says, opening a portal.

"Aww, now? I'm on vacation ... can I do it, maybe ... in a month?"

Partfind looks at me very irritatedly.

"Move. Your ass. NOW!" he screams.

"Okay, okay ... no need to get angry" I say, then go to the portal.

Partfind emits another sigh.

"I apologize again for him, despite being the most skilled leader and guardian of the corporation ... it is still the equivalent of a human migraine"

"I see, quite the weird guy indeed. Anyway, i hope you farewell."

Marta tells the Scarlet-haired guy.

I don't knoe why, but i feel like situation is about to go south.

"Emh ... Partfind ... there is a problem"

The Guardian groans with annoyance.

"What problem?" He asks.

"I can't get through the portal"

Partfind emits another irritated sigh.

"Did you destabilize your physical structure again? Ah! I'm going to call Irontree!" He exclaims, crossing the portal.

I look at Eden and Marta.

"Irontree is the Guardian of the Way of Matter and he is also our technician ... he will solve the problem in five minutes" I say with a confident tone.

(...)

"Sorry, I can't do anything," says a boy in the same uniform as Maverik while he was lying in a metal bed, a globe levitating above him, scanning him.

He has short brown hair, eyes of the same color and wears welding glasses.

"What do you mean you can't help me !?"

"It means that your physical structure is normal ... everything else is wrong"

"Can you explain yourself better?" Asks Partfind.

Irontree makes a holographic screen appear.

"You see, our multiverse is imbued with cosmic energy, from the smallest insect to the stars ... and manipulating that energy allows you to change the laws of physics at will and open portals for other universes," he explains, showing various graphs.

"Now ... Maverik or rather his copy ... no longer has that energy, it was completed replaced by other cosmic energy ... along with other powers of a mystical, divine and metaphysical nature" he continues.

"Our cosmic energy functions as an identification card that allows us to cross the portals to return to our multiverse ... and without that ... now the copy of Maverik practically is stranger, a non-native of his own universe who actively denies access "

"Well, normally we can bring people outside our multiverse with us, we emit a cosmic aura that envelops those around us and allows them to cross the portal and we can extend it to the size of a solar system ... but for covering all the powers of Maverik we should have cosmic energy equal to or greater than that of Valistar, the entity that donated the powers to Maverik and chose him as Guardian, "explains Irontree.

"And can't we ask Valistar to do it?" I ask.

Irontree turns a doubtful look to Partfind, who then looks at Maverik.

"Let's be honest, even if Valistar cares about you very much ... he certainly won't violate the multiversal balance by entering another multiverse ... especially to help a copy"

At those words I look down, distressed.

"So ... what do we do now?" Asks Irontree.

I still look down and then think about what to do.

I show a determined look and get out of bed.

"Here's what we'll do, you won't have to say anything to the real me, this multiverse ... it's a total mess and he won't have to know that I'm involved"

"But of course he will ask questions about the fact that one of his copies was discovered at any moment," says Partfind.

"Make up a lie, something like ... didn't I want to face the empire so I blew up with them, convincing enough?" I ask.

Partfind and Irontree look at each other.

"Enough" they both say.

"But what will you do here?" Asks Partfind.

"I have ... some problems to solve, but you don't have to worry ... besides I am not even the real Maverik, he is drinking a cocktail with Adralia on the beach, so nothing will change" I say, showing a sad smile.

Both look at me doubtfully.

"So ... is this goodbye?" Asks Irontree with a sad tone.

"I'm afraid so"

The technician approaches and hugs me.

"You were the best leader I could ever have," she whispers.

"And you the best mad scientist I could meet" I laugh.

Irontree breaks away and opens a portal, looks at me one last time and then enters.

Partfind sighs.

"Do you want to say one last insult to your best friend?" I ask with a smile.

"You ... are Lord Maverik"

"Well ... I already knew this"

"The most irresponsible, reckless, careless of the rules and irritating man that can exist throughout the multiverse"

"Aww ... you know how to rejoice" I laugh.

"If there is a problem you don't solve it like anyone would, but wait until the situation gets worse and then get out of it with a stroke of luck, when you face an enemy you don't face it like anyone would, no ... you mock him to the point of exasperation and in the end you knock him down when you have the chance "he exclaims.

"For you existence is a huge stage in which you stand as a pompous protagonist, never taking anything seriously, oblivious to any form of social interaction and thinking only of yourself" he continues.

"Emh ... now you're ruining the moment ..."

"And yet ... you are here, after all the times you died, you came back ... stronger and more irritating than before, the multiverse should not fear cosmic horrors ... but you"

"Now you're a little hurting my feelings"

"What I'm trying to say ... is that nothing can stop you and if you want to protect this multiverse ... which sincerely seems to me already condemned, then ... that existence pities the poor idiots you will face ... because you are Maverik, you make the impossible possible ... and healthy people of mind, crazy, "he says, showing a small grin.

I look at my teammate for a moment and then smile at him.

"Thank you, Partfind"

"No, thanks to you ... Master" he says, bowing slightly and then going to the portal.

"Remember what is engraved, as long as there is life, there is hope ..." he says.

"As long as there is only one Guardian alive, there is hope," I reply.

Partfind nods and then turns and leaves.

@ Overlord775, Paul

I turn slowly towards Martha and Eden, my gaze is rather downcast.

"Well ... this is the end of an era ... you spend more than five thousand years protecting your home with your companions, your family ... the people you spent the most time with in your whole life ... and by chance ... everything ends "

"I was prepared for this eventuality, but ... only when my universe died and was reborn, but this ... was too sudden," I say, then sigh.

"But ... it's not a problem, the real Maverik is with them, to fight, to laugh, to joke ... to live" I continue, showing a sad smile.

"And then ... it's not so bad ... and as I said before, I'm on va...va...vacation!" I exclaimed, bursting into tears.

Eden looks at Maverik with pity in his eyes

"Why don't you try to enjoy this vacation then, there are plenty of things to do and interesting people in this reality. You could easily lose yourself and forget all about everything else." He says looking upon the crying man

"Alternatively I could erase the memories you gained from the real Maverik, instead you will only have the memories you gain from this moment on."

I look at Eden for a moment and then cry louder.

"Emh, Sir Eden ... I think you hurt Sir Maverik's feelings," exclaims Dynamo, appearing next to Eden.

Eden sighs

"Then what should I do about him?" He asks Dynamo

"I think the simplest way to handle this would be to erase his memories but he doesn't seem to want that."

"Well ... I know what can be ironic said by an artificial intelligence" says Dynamo.

"But I think the best thing for him now is just ... simple comfort, Maverik is strong ... he will accept it ... he has lost more than you can imagine, even before this ... but he will get up, for now ... he just needs comfort and understanding "

"Hey, think about it in this way:

When your mission you have been made for would have been completed, you would have been re-absorbed back by the original and thus you existance would have ended, but since you're stuck here, you will continue living, with the added bonus of being able to contact those you care about if you want to."

Marta explains to the clone of Meverik.

"Technically he would have continued to live as part of Maverik, all the copies he creates are part of him," explains Dynamo.

"Moreover her words do not help, Miss Marta"

"Ehhhhh, well, why do you go have fun with the powers you just got ? I am sure you have plenty of stuff to keep yourself entertained."

Marta continues speaking

I am trying my best, but i'm not exactly the most adaquate person to cheer someone up ...

Christian Higdon said:
"....Welp, I have nothing else to say." Boris said, shrugging.
[You know, Boris' family is still themre, which you should RP has since i have no idea of how their personalities are]

[Okay.]

"So how you guys been?"

"It's been nice, sweetie! And you?"

"Not the same without ya, I guess."

"Awwwww, cmere, buster!" The father said, giving him a noogie.

[It's a joke ... ah, forget it!]

"Sniff ... No ... I just need sniffs! ... some time alone ... to think and ... accept the thing" I say, wrapping me in a time bubble.

Dynamo turns to Marta and Eden.

"I think it will stay there for a long time"

The bubble dissolves after a few seconds, showing Maverik with a less dejected look.

"Hey ... I spent a couple of centuries inside the bubble and ... I learned to accept it, now ... I think I'm ready to continue with my life ... and as Guardian"

"And besides I thought of another thing ..." I say, to then show them a smile.

"Martha, Eden ... congratulations, from this moment I declare you Guardians of the Multiverse, the work is not paid, the holidays are not stable and honor, fame, glory and respect are not included in the package ... but the sense of satisfaction yes"

Eden stares blankly for a second

"So now we have to help protect the multiverse? Do we get a say in this?" He asks

"You are free to say what you like and if you have any questions about what a Guardian does, know that it is 20% combat and 80% sit on the sofa waiting for the cosmic horrors"

"Well, then. Could ya stop giving me a noogie, it kinda hurts."

"You got it." He then let go of Boris.

"So...ya wanna play the old traditional game we used t' play?"

"Sure."

Back