• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

@palace

Serafall stays seated and watches the others launch their attack through the feed.

"Do you think it's stronger than the last time they fought it?"

@Palace

Aleia raises her hand once more, and begins directing demonic, corruptive energy at the mushroom person.

"You'll have to accept a contract with me for this to work to its full extent."

She notes, before turning to Serafall.

"Almost certainly, yes."

@Overlord775

The metallic shape creaks and groans under the weakening of its body, almost ceasing movement entirely well before Archenemy is fired.

But then, a small, shimmering globule breaks off from the center of the shape's chest, connected only by near-invisible metallic threads. As the massive ball of shadows, being Archenemy, approaches, a strange light bursts from the globule and seems to engulf the attack.

Once the light has dissipated, one could momentarily see the shape's head be flung around until it comes to rest in it's normal position, a mockingly familiar smirk spread across it, despite how much it blends into both itself and the surroundings of the void. In a moment, it's limbs and general body plan elongate noticeably, becoming unnaturally lithe, before a hellish shriek is let loose by it. While before, the shape has showcased considerable power through this medium, this is something entirely different now, folding and stretching the void as the fluids of the Mushroom's body explosively boil away. If one were to view from a considerable distance away, they would see the shape appear to meld into the void over a short instant before disappearing entirely.

@Nuuk 2 gang

Before even Aya can be puppeteered back into shape and enter combat herself, it is clear that the thing and the figure are not a fair matchup. While the thing has landed a grand total of zero hits despite clear efforts on its part, the figure has hit center mass multiple times, leaving smoldering, greenish craters along the thing's body. However, Aya's own attacks are quite effective, cutting cleanly through the thing several times even as it wheels to face her and futilely attempts to maneuver away... but then a strange, but familiar feeling comes over the area, being exceedingly clear to Aya and Aleia: the thing's world is reasserting itself, even if in a stunted, neutered fashion that still cannot totally stop the spatial slashes.

This is of course followed by Ernest's four-fold attack. The clone attacking from behind is mostly successful, although it finds the thing's hide far harder and stronger than it should be, and gets a close-up view of something quite peculiar: inside the wounds produced by Aya manipulating the environment, despite those having gone clean through the thing, is pulsing, wet flesh, red like all the dead skin and many layers of living skin were pulled off someone. While the other two clones attack, the thing, momentarily blinded by having it's entire face blasted, presumably, off, flails out with the strange appendages emerging from it's left shoulder, knocking the clone that attacked from the left hard, even through the forcefield, with a deafening clang. The clone is very much alive, saved by Ernest's armor and tossed quite a distance, which humorously and quite brutally shattered the stingers of many of the appendages and even broke some off entirely at varying lengths down towards the shoulder, but their brain most certainly felt the impact, spinning and concussing like a ************. It has the distinct impression that, were it not for the armor, it would've become a piece of abstract art.

When the haze from the right clone's attack, as well as Dieman's gout of flames, clears, the thing's face is mostly gone, but what seems to have been revealed is not any better. Beneath the cracked and disintegrating remains of a face, of which only a corner of the mouth and the right eye still remain, is a bone-like slab, covered in one winding, coiling line. Those nearby find it difficult to avert their gaze or concentrate on much else, as though their body and instincts were registering something that their conscious mind refused to comprehend. Even more concerningly, now the thing's world, far weaker before, now bellows outwards like a raging tide, seemingly emboldened by whatever change has overcome it with the damage it has accrued.

Last edited:
Corrin spins both her scythes, and steam emits from Senketsu as she dashes towards the monster in a red-and-blue blur. As she charges straight at it, she suddenly kicks sideways off the ground, causing herself to launch to the side, spinning rapidly. With both scythes out, she appears to be a darkly-colored tornado as she makes a wide arc towards the beast, severing it with both the power of darkness and the immortal-killing harpe.

"Even if you are resilient, you will be defeated! HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT..."

Dieman continues the barrage, keeping his distance as his allies move in.

Giju would rearrange her nanomachines, so her Buster is combined with her Repulsor Rays, with one hand firing the Time Stopper towards the beast, then firing a combined shot of her Repulsor Ray and a Buster Shot! As she runs towards the beast, flying as she does a slice towards the lower part, spinning repeatedly.

Noah threw an absurd amount of card at the creature.

"ahhhh" each card had a power that anyone would describe as a concentrated nuclear bomb.

Jumping over to a building near the Ernest clone giving the spirit a wide berth he uses the sun chains (with everything but them being compressed gas not on) to grab them and out them out of combat in the moment, checking them over to see what damage they took "Not that bad on the outside, but uh yeah that is bad, thta is definitely some brain damage, a concussion to say the very least, let's see what I can do" he outs a sigil onto the clone and tries to transfer half of the damage after eliminating any sense that wasn't his 5 sense, danger sense and instinct.

Sam now transforms into a wall of firearms and explosives and activates her sacrifice powers for until the creature is ash

"I'm getting real tired of you coming back, you nature-lovin' piece of shit!"

My left arm, moving almost as if a puppet of my rage, twists and break, my humerus sticking out of my elbow, before reforming into what i can only describe as a bio-metal railgun. Information is transmuted into fine energy, space bends to compress the incoming blast as much into the thing as possible.

The tip of the railgun explodes into a blood spear covered in purple energy, explosively flying towards the thing faster than lightning.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Something forces its way into Aleia's realm, but it does not seem hostile. Reality seem...restless around the new arrival. As if it's unable to decide on a form to take.

"Oh, have they already gone to fight it?" Elfen muses, floating through the pocket dimension.

Last edited:
@Nuuk 2

"I imagine you all might know this already, but the nature spirit doesn't exactly like to stay down. He's quite persistent."

Aya noted to everyone present.

The thing's world might be reasserting itself, but this is the place where Aya has the most possible power. She is stronger here than anywhere, this dimension is of her creation, not to mention it being filled with utterly massive amounts of corrupting demonic energy that she released while awaiting it and the entire time conversing with it.

A telepathic message was sent to those present.

If you can keep it still long enough, I can attempt to seal it.

Its world might spread, but regardless of its spread, the demonic world was not one that would be taken easily, and even with its attempts to assert itself, would not only crash down against it, but also corrupt it through the spread of demonic energy, turning what was once his, into hers, and forming openings.

This is what Aya was focused on at the moment, pouring ever more demonic forces into this place to break down the thing's world and make it her own entirely.

Though, even so, waves of extreme cold were released at the being as a defensive measure to further slow its advance.

@palace

Aleia creates a paper and a pen for them to sign it with, as that'd be the most simple. At a glance it mostly involves things like not being able to use these powers against her and things of that nature.

She then looks at Serafall.

"You going to stay here? I don't mind, just curious myself."

She inquired.

@Yobo_Blue

"I could use some help here, or the extra firepower of your projects here, as things have turned a bit bad now."

The Aleia there noted.

@WHYNAUT

Given the direness of the current situation, Aleia didn't bother blocking or denying entry. The new arrival could feel reality being different here. As if their powers are being washed over by the nature of the realm to some extent.

A young male demon appears nearby, seemingly out of nowhere.

"They have. What brings you here, visitor?"

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Accessing the realm was easier than it could've been, so Elfen was in a good mood. Despite how different it is in this place, the distortion in reality persists.

Elfen glances at the demon. "I see. I've come here to help...maybe. Could you perhaps give me some directions? I have an idea of where they are, but I do not know the best path towards it yet."

@palace

Serafall gives a nod without looking over.

"Mmhmm, they have it covered, my assistance is unnecessary. And there's that saying humans have, about too many cooks in the kitchen, or something like that."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The mushroom-lite quickly takes the pen and draw an X on the signature part, agreeing to it.

@Hl3_or_bust

Welp, looks like the mushroom gained a nemesis today.

"How fun."

The mushroom unsarcastically comments to itself while floating in the void, calling back it's sword and wating for it's healing factor to fix the wounds caused in the fight.

Meanwhile, as the fight is over, the connection between Nevada and China is starting to be repaired.

@deonment

The clone pulls an herb from its pocket. Fumes coming from the herb healing you and bolstering your strength two-fold.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

“Aya....”

You’re still here. Good. I’ll slice his arms away from you. My life is nothing. I’ll die so you can live.

Ernest leaps away from the waves of territory. His clones boosting their speed and slowing time around them. Flying away from the corruption.

Runes glow within their armor. Their fingers bend and crack in gestures. Sending waves of gravity to weigh the beast down.

The remaining injured duplicate rises from the dirt. Charging towards the beast with daggers in fist. Each footstep creating blades from the ground. Impaling the the beast’s legs, joints, and body if possible.

Explosives wrap around the double’s body. Detonating upon the beast’s hide and blinding it with light of successful. The double’s perception of time and time around it slowing so it may react to any danger.

Ernest begins to vibrate with magic. Conjuring ice. Fire. Acid. Energy. Stone. Darkness and waves of nullifying magic. Homing into the beast’s skull.

Last edited:
@Palace

The mushroom feels itself being infused with demonic power, becoming less fungus and more demon proper.

[I'll come up with something unique for this later but it generally gets demonic properties and is powered up]

"Do they?"

Aleia wonders at what Serafall said, tilting her head.

"I'd imagine your power would add a fair bit, but I suppose you could wait in case of emergency instead."

She notes.

@WHYNAUT

"It's a pocket realm within a pocket realm. A pocket of dislocated time from the main world. I can take you, or our lady can if you wish. In the throne room, there is a monitor to observe the situation."

The young demon explains.

"Our lady had noticed your activity some time ago, she had intended to send someone to contact you, but was distracted by other matters thus far."

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"Make sure to keep your safe, I'm not that important."

Aya noted.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Is that so. Well no matter... Anyhow, it would probably be just the slightest bit faster if you took me there."

Elfen's voice had a slight reverb to it and sounded both like the voice of a man and a woman at the same time. They spoke calm and clearly, though it seemed like their voice didn't come from themselves, but from the surroundings, the world itself.

@palace

"They probably do, even if it got stronger, so have they. And if they don't have it, and do start losing with no signs of a comeback, I guess I could come in for backup, but I doubt it'll come to that."

After a quick search for the figure, who seems to have disappeared for the moment, the thing digs it's tail-like appendages into the ground in front of it, the latter growing larger, thicker, and darker all the while, and drags them in an arc about a dozen meters in front of it. This results in towering, crystalline structures bursting from where the tails were, being of a coloration similar to the venom previously seen exploding out of Aya and dripping itself, like partially hardened sap. This doesn't stop a good portion of the attacks coming towards it, though, although the ones caught behind it, even those of a magical nature, appear to "melt: well before making contact with the crystals, and the wafting scent alone is enough to make those around feel like the inner lining of their trachea is attempting to crawl back up and out of their mouth. Unfortunately, the previously launched clone of Ernest is not able to make it before it's immediate path to the thing is cut off.

Of the attacks that got through, are a good many of the miscellaneous elemental attacks launched against the thing, Matricardo's blood rail-projectile, Giju's attacks, a few of Sam's faster attacks, and, of course, the variety of attacks that lack any delay between usage and attempted effect. These all slam against the thing, their combined force enough to send it tumbling backwards off it's feat, even if it does quickly right itself, and just as Corrin and Giju themselves close in. And for those two, they get to experience the harshness of the thing's world up close: a hellish worldscape filled with poisonous flames and perpetually conflagrated botanical minutia seeping into every opening, even those as small as skin pores. They would persevere though, this only becoming debilitating quite close to the thing, where they were already attacking and likely intended to spend as little time as possible. However, their chosen methods of attack are not exactly ideal versus this kind of opponent, only cutting gashes of middling depth into it or at best snagging into an already wounded area and cutting deeper, but not seeming to cause any severe damage. Although, at the same time, it seems initially unable to do much to avoid these hits, given it's general predicament and the newfound weight given to it by Ernest's magic, which is also sending thick blades of miracles into various sections across it's body, which don't appear to stick particularly and shatter upon it's violent thrashing.

But then. the thing counterattacks. Seeming to focus on Corrin, giving her a look that, despite it's lack of any real face, seems especially enraged, it simply thrusts it's upward-facing arm towards her head, catching Harpe as it goes. This results in, for lack of any technical term, Corrin's face becoming detached from her skull, and an imprint of Harpe's blunt end put into several deeper portions of her brain, additionally shattering the top two vertebrae and rendering her eyes... unusable, to put it palatably. That was not a lethal attack, but it sends Corrin flying and it hurts like a ************, the contents of the thing's world taking root not exactly helping the situation. And that's not even starting on how it is now closing the distance, seeming to intend to finish what it started. Curiously, as opposed to the stunted, bestial gate it maintained in their previous confrontation, it now stands tall, almost dignified, as much as it can be.

On the fringes of the thing's world, now spread enough to press against the back of the aforementioned crystalline barricade, it fights with suicidal ferocity against the demonic energy that Aya is battering it with. As small portions are corrupted or destroyed, the others seem to reach out and destroy them, creating a sort of vacuum or no-mans-land that it immediately expands back into. To somewhat aptly compare it to an animal, it was though for every cubic meter removed, a hundred more were spawned from the thing. However, the expansion of this invasive world is halted for the time being.

Last edited:
"Hmm... **** it, knife."

With the thing rapidly approaching and fire proving somewhat ineffective, Dieman intercepts it's charge towards Corrin, drawing a butterfly knife and flipping it open, before lighting it ablaze and attempting to shank the creature several times. It's passive effects of incinerating and insickening whatever comes close shouldn't be nearly as effective as Dieman, so this should serve at least fairly well to stall their advance and deal further damage.

Conceptual symbols fills my hands in a swirl, as "Life" is defined by my chants. It sizzles and blazes until it all explodes. Spanish prayer fills the air.

My arm explodes, a flood of blood flowing towards the thing. Midway through, the blood turns into gasoline, which explodes into flames as it starts making contact with it.

It is then i release a spell towards not the thing, but the thing's world. An atempt to force it out, by turning it into a "Anti-Life" zone that aims to kill and unmake all that could be considered Nature.

"Okay, good to- GAK!"

Corrin, originally responding to Aleia's commands, is cut off as she's defaced by the thing's attack, sent flying dozens of meters. Even without her eyes, she can still sense it rapidly approaching... and the fact that it dared hurt her pisses her the **** off.

She stands up, blue fire engulfing her face and hiding its wounds from the others. With a flick of her wrist, she switches out her scythes, manifesting instead a crystal in one hand. as she grips it, flame engulfs her entire body, as she takes on a fully draconic form, four legs and horns like antlers. The ground around her suddenly becomes peppered with blades.

_9yr2GFNh9qqFgECgv4Sg0H69cNKC8MbujivPEdKERc.jpg

"Ophiucos Alter - Lord of Limitless Blades."

The blades all rise to meet the beast's charge, shooting towards it like a swarm of arrows, each exploding into various effects upon impact.

Giju would try to separate herself from the beast, quickly creating an Ice Bomb along with Acid, throwing it with the best of her extent, aiming towards the head! As she dashes back, quickly combining her arm into the fused blade... And fusing other parts of herself, this time firing a mix of her Smart Missiles and her Sonic Crackers, and finally... she fired a couple of her buster shots! Trying to deal as much damage as she could against this beast.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The demonic shroom looks happy.

"Alrighty, so should i get in to help now or do you want me to wait untill back-up is needed ?"

It asks Aleia.

@Hl3_or_bust

With the wounds recovered and repairs to the infrastructure on their way, the mushroom decide to have a moment to relax and as such they decide to go meet with its """family""", teleporting to the highest concentration of other outerwordly fungi that was found.

Once arrived there, the Blue Shroom approches its brethrens and calls upon them, talking in their native language, the language of chaos. For to the untrained mind it might look like they are simply mindless toadstools, but it knows full well that consciousness is there, even if in it's developing stage, as it and them share the same nature.

@Nuuk 2

Aya would, for the most part, focus on support. She was actively combating the thing's world with her own, the raging demonic forces that surrounded this place that was born of Aya herself. This place was hers, and she wasn't about to let that change anytime soon, the very idea of demonic power being inscribed into existence around her, facing off against its world.

In terms of support, she would grant healing to them when possible, as well as demonic energy to empower them as necessary. Her territory would be a place they could return to, to be replenished as quickly as possible. As a result, her direct offense was minimal, at this moment merely being chains she created that shot towards the thing in an attempt to bind it for the others to attack.

If any of you could aid me in crushing this world or allowing my energy to flow more freely into it, I would be able to do much more to aid you.

She telepathically spoke to her allies.

@Palace

"I'm sure you could fight just well alongside them as is now, there is plenty of room in that place, but it is up to you, I suppose. Is there anything you'd like to speak about in the meantime?"

She said to Serafall, before turning to the mushroom.

"I'll send you in when I see a good opportunity."

@WHYNAUT

The demon looked over Elfen.

"It seems you assert yourself over the world similarly to our lady. As such, I would ask that you aid with the spread of her power in that place, as the spirit is fighting it with its own world. Your power would be greatly useful. I will take you there when you are ready."

He answered, doing so when the target was willing.

@Phoenix

I have just the thing.

Corrin stretches her wings as she slams her claws onto the ground, continuing to strike the monster with her infinite blades.

I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unaware of loss, nor aware of gain
Withstood pain to create infinite weapons
Yet, my flame never ends
So, as I pray...

A ring of azure fire forms around Corrin's body as her inner reality begins to manifest itself onto the world.

Unlimited Blade Works!

“You are to me.”

The double’s feet swerve. Shifting past the crystals and swinging his blade. Crashing waves of energy at the beast’s back with four-fold strength. The energy homing into it. His feet pedaling away from the territory and the beast’s grasp.

The other clones toss herbs to everyone around them. The fumes bolstering their strength two-fold and sealing any wounds shut.
(@ZephyrosOmega)

After that barrage, the clones begin to peddle away. Cracking bows and arrows into existence. A barrage of arrows carrying bombs crackle down onto the beast. Each projectile steaming with four-fold the strength of the other.

Ernest sheathes murmur from his shell. Bolstering his strength and speed four-fold. Squeezing and cracking his palms under the hilt. Lifting it into the air. His eyes attempting to predict the movements of the beast.

“DO NOT BREAK, BLADE.”

The blade crashes into the floor. Ringing vibrations within the earth and away from the crystals. Rattling towards the beast’s heart.

Sam decides to stop shooting worried she'll interrupt Corrin.

She starts summoning explosive vats above the creature and gets close enough to provide her passive ally buff.

@palace

"Well, you saw some of what me fighting would be like when I tested things in that room. Lots of indiscriminate things that affect everything in range, not the easiest thing to stop from hitting others unless I stood far enough that they were out of my range and sniped the thing from afar." Serafall responds, before putting her hand to her chin in thought.

"In any case, what did you plan to do with that guy that was in there earlier when you find him again?"

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"We can go."

@Nuuk 2

When Elfen arrives their will ripples throughout the isolated space and starts crushing the creature's world, while keeping the ones of allies intact. After that they attack, but not before giving a telepathic warning to the rest: "Do not stay near that creature."

In front of Elfen a domain starts taking shape. It appears as a black orb, big enough to blast the thing into pieces. From the moment it manifests it travels towards the thing at extreme speeds. It's as dark as a black hole and instantly displaces all air it collides with, because this was a domain that allowed absolutely no interference.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Alrighty then ♪"

The small demonshroom says with a cute smile, as it sits down on the right handle of her throne (or by her side if she has got up from it), waiting for the demon goddess to ask of it's service.

"Say, do you think there could be more nature spirits like this one ?"

It asks Aleia.

[I probably should've let people know a while ago but eh]

[For those wondering why this came to a dead stop, some... rather pertinent IRL issues came up for someone I cared about, and it really took me out of my game. I'm getting back into the mood for this, so expect this to start again in another few days[
(That's alright dude. Any case you need anything, we're here for you. And when you're back, we'll still be here, and in full action!)

[Back in business, hopefully]

While Aleia's world is working quite well at keeping the thing's at least in it's current place, it seems to be at a stalemate for the time being. This is unlikely to last given her efforts, but it is still an issue. At least, this is until Corrin introduces her world to the mix, shifting the balance ever-so-slightly.

More actively, Matricardo's magic takes effect rapidly, shriveling away the particulars that formed the miasma of the thing's world, but that alone and his fire-based attack set off a chain reaction. Moisture leaves the minutia as it dies, being consumed by the ever-present flames to perpetually intensify that conflagration, to the point that Matricardo's naturally produced flame is instantly smothered. Of course, the thing itself was not unaffected by the aforementioned spell, but it seems to be holding together far better than the previous particles.

Of course, this presents quite an issue for those who are personally within the thing's world, and although Corrin is saved from the worst of that, even Dieman and Giju, with their unusual biologies, is clearly being damaged quite severely. The effect is such that, despite still striking true into the thing's back, Noah's electric attack was markedly inhibited and few of Giju's non-energy-based attacks simply melt into slag or are reduced to vapors. On a more positive note, Dieman's attack is allowed to complete itself, given the thing's pre-occupation and the other damage it is receiving, with Giju's Sonic Crackers appearing to have significant effect judging from the rapid appearance of micro-fractures and ruptured flesh all across the thing. Even further, Elfen's strange black ball appears to slam clear through the thing, although not before seeming to begin to dissipate as a result of the thing's world.

Even further, the efforts of Ernest's clones produce quite an outcome, slamming into the thing hard enough to stumble it, even if the barrage of arrows is almost entirely ineffective, although they do occasionally land due to Sam's efforts creating however-brief gaps in the flames. However, the attack of Ernest himself reveals something disconcerting: while his attack does land as intended, even if his predictions of the beast are... hampered, to put it lightly, it doesn't seem very shaken by the internal attack. If one was close enough, under the roaring flames, they would hear a quiet squelching, proving that the vibrational attack did land, but there was no heart to attack. Rather, the area where a heart should be in a human is affected.

However, the thing itself was most certainly not idle. With all of it's previous wooden shell either destroyed or simply knocked off, a sort of fleshy, humanoid shape is briefly visible before the inside of the thing's world becomes a roaring flame. Dieman is knocked away by what appears to be simple wild flailing, a not-undue response, and Giju is tagged by one of the thing's stinger appendages. While it is obviously not working as intended, as she is not composed of flesh, it melts into her like an impossibly strong acid, almost moving at a free-fall rate. Against a target of particular distaste, Corrin, while the thing was able to burn her for a good moment due to complexity of her actions, she is, at the time, out of the flame's reach. Producing more of the aforementioned appendages, followed by a horribly wet sound, the thing momentarily rears back before its attack bursts forwards at a frightening speed.

Only to be met by both Unlimited Blade Works and the barrage of Ophiucos.

The soaring blades rip through the blackened, both by simple innate coloration and by flames, scorpion tails, only to be themselves rendered destroyed by the contained toxin seeming to, for all functional intents, erase anything it touches, to the point of falling deep into the ground if any had the time to check. However, the appendages regenerate quickly, and position their damaged portions, on those not entirely severed, through the barrage with a concerning degree of skill. Eventually, following by great, billowing flames, one of the stingers approaches Corrin, it's toxicity an easy scent to lose your entire nasal cavity to, something she experiences first-hand as it leaks onto the blade-covered ground beneath her new form. It is abundantly clear that even just being near those things is an extremely bad idea. And this is not an easy thing to avoid any more, it seems, as the speed of the appendage's regeneration and growth is now outpacing the rate at which they can be damaged, even in Unlimited Blade Works where the carried supernatural effects are not stunted, if not outright negated entirely, by the thing's world, as well as due to Corrin simply making herself a much larger target with significantly reduced mobility in this situation.

@Overlord775

After a short moment, the ground seems to shift beneath the mushroom, the mycorrhiza of the fungus lifting up through the ground, as though being awoken.

Last edited:
Back