• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

"Well, the stick figure was the only one to currently survive dipping into this body of water. Alfred, are you sure about burning this lake up?"

The spirit of nature itself... i guess there's not really arguing against this. From his point of view, we may as well be a bunch of mass murders... but, humans just want to live too.

I start carefully following the thing at his own rate.

"What do you mean, more vile? Where the hell are you going?"

The man scratches his chin, thinking.

"Depends on who ya ask. Media types will say... August 24th, I think. But we don't actually know who the first people were, or exactly where they were, so not knowing when is kind of agiven. The 24th is just when it became an immediate issue in the Philippines."
"Okay and what are its infectious effects?"

"An extreme flu and nervous system failure?" asked Noah

"What is this place? it's as though it's been ravaged by an Eidolon..."

In Greenland, Corrin Blue keeps searching. With this new information it's time for her to search for more... inhabited areas.

"My apologies, now my nail bullets were able to cut through this strange material so there shouldn't be much of an issue burning it."

@Hl3_or_bust

Serafall sighs and ignores the incoming footsteps, opting to speak the men instead as she didn't have any better options anyway

"Listen, I understand you're scared of individuals with powers here, but if I were here to hurt you, don't you think I'd have done it rather than try to talk to you? I've already talked to some of your people, but I came to seek out the ones in charge here, hoping you'd have more information." She reasons

I am unsure if I should take the equipment or not. I should try to find signs of infection online. I should bring the dead sheep. Didn't others go this way should I look for them. Are my sheep ok I should have kept them with me. These are the thoughts running through my head. Sam takes a deep breath and decides to use a grenade throwing it high in the air to attract attention I then wait hoping someone with more common sense finds me as I realize I should have used fireworks.

@Paul_Frank

"That sounds about right. Any private location would do, really. She was going to send Aya there, though if your lady insists they might hold the meeting within her palace as well."

Ewald explained, shrugging at the start about the oddities of Aleia.

@ZephyrosOmega

"Ah, it's nothing quite so complicated, she just doesn't like being seen in person much, so she uses the form of Aya instead. Plus she can do more in that place than she can out here. There's a whole lot going on in that place too, not just out here. Also, for the other summoned before us, they do not know their current locations, however they do have last known locations."

El answered.

@Hl3_or_bust

"Last known locations will do, for now. As for the ones that appeared with me, none seemed outright hostile to humanity from what I could tell. They had their oddities, to be sure. One example was a living stick figure and the other a 20 meter tall lizard creature, but even they did not seem hostile to this place. Some even seemed intent on helping in whatever ways they could."

Aya answered, noting the man's tenseness though not commenting on it.

Dieman loses focus of everyone else's activities, and starts to think within his own mind.

"... Not much seems to be here... The only life is... Others with powers... Perhaps I should head elsewhere..."

Dieman begins running across the ocean, first going to New York.

“Oh ho, I does notice it make the latte feel clearer and more delicious...So that’s basically it huh?”

I said, as I keep sipping the coffee, wondering if I should get some anti-fungal product.

“Ahhh...I see. You keep lying to yourself. Filling our head with your sick fantasies that anyone would even want to see you! THAT ANYONE WOULD CARE ABOUT YOU! That there is someone just like you who struggles as you do...You’ve failed to realize that we have no one and we never will. When you were bleeding and near death before the moment of your entrance...no one came to save you. Nobody cared or wanted to notice your gaggles for help. You could’ve died right then and there and NO ONE would have even noticed you ever existed at all! The only thing they would’ve known about you is that shinning shell and the odor of a rotting corpse seeping out of it...”

“I...didn’t want anyone to notice.”

“No...I KNOW YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW YOURSELF. I knew you wanted someone to save you. Someone to clasp your hand at that moment and tell you everything would be alright. That there was something,whatever it may be,worth living for...but WE KNOW THOSE ARE LIES. THERE IS NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL! I know..why don’t you do it now? Press that dagger across your throat and be at peace! Let us be done with it,enough of the delays! The end will come whether you want it to or not.”

“Yeah...maybe I should.”

SHHHHHNK

He draws the dagger,slowly pressing it on his throat.Concaving his flesh lightly with the tip of the steel fang.

“No. Not right now. I thought of those who we saw right as we crashed into this place. They felt...real. Looking back,these creatures don’t seem very hostile. There might be a chance for a brokerage of peace with them as well. Let me just...keep moving for a little bit longer.”

“Lie to others but not yourself! I know you simply want to die by another’s hand,because you are to afraid to die by your own!”

“Maybe,but I’d like to maintain a little positivity.”

Ernest lowered the dagger from his throat, holstering it into a hidden part of his shell. He wanders off out of the Moroccan shore,heading further West (NY/NJ). With a mild tune of course.

Last edited:
"This isn't likely to work but it will be fun." I say organizing fireworks.

"I know that is not super safe so let's try some practical thinking. I can run really fast and can assume several things. Stores, museums and libraries likely caught the others attention. They are smart and aren't active hostile. They will find me before I find them and I am out classed by them." I think out loud. After a minute of thinking she decides to get the sheep and have them look around.

X can hear two sets of rhythmic noises, obviously footsteps, from inside the building. While the front door would be easy enough to open, it's unlikely that it's meant to be opened outside of specific times considering where this place is. A rather large ventilation system can be seen across the top and back, that being the side that faces away from the sun most of the day, that should be easy to enter.
Entering quietly through the ventilation, X spies into the room from within it.

"Well, let's go Thrasher."

Nika decides to stand up and follow behind Dante as well, motioning for her golems to be behind her as well.

@lake gang

@CrimsonStarFallen

The thing continues moving, but is clearly annoyed at Matricardo's insistence.

"It seems even expecting you to keep up with the actions of your comrades was too much of a burden. Just typical."

It speeds up, outpacing Matricardo by a significant degree.

@Oliver_de_jesus

"The list of symptoms is long, and frankly unpleasant. Just saying that it tends to cause extreme behavioral alterations and rather sudden death beyond a certain point will probably suffice."

@Listentomyrhytm

The man goes right back to being confused, seemingly even more than before.

"... what exactly are you doing here, then?"

@ZephyrosOmega

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that any settlement was left untouched, much less inhabited. The only one that seems still inhabitable, Kangerluk, is still completely empty, seemingly having been evacuated, not like there were even many to begin with considering it's size, or lack thereof.

@Paul_Frank

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"A... what?"

The man silently asks himself.

"As for their intentions, I have some footage you may want to see if you believe that most of them are benevolent."

From a door behind the man's seat, another person in similar protective clothing wheels in a cart with a somewhat small, yet distinctly modern, television set on top, connected to some devices on a lower rack. The other person, clearly a younger man through his facial coverings, hurriedly pushes the cart to be in line with the man, facing Aya, before running out at full speed.

The older man interviewing Aya stands momentarily, taking a remote of some kind from behind the set and turning it on before taking his seat again. After an initial screen of static, it flicks through a series of live video feeds. The first is... disconcerting, showing several of Serafall's Angelos eating live humans and firing blasts of white energy at presumably inhabited structures before the feed cuts. The next is an aerial shot of a massive, squid-like creature scrounging around some ruins and eating the corpses found within. Another is helmet-cam footage of what seems to be a woman with visible mechanical parts slaughtering a squad of soldiers before crushing the camera. The others are much of the same: people Aya has either seen or felt doing rather violent things, although one is quite strange, that being another aerial shot of a man in multi-colored knight armor creating small objectss out of ice and summoning a massive four-headed dove before a white light obscures the visual feed.

The man gets up again, and turns off the set before sitting back down.

"Now, would you please explain all of that?"

@DMUA

[insert another loading screen gag here]

@Andykhang

The man shrugs.

"I've heard a lot of other strange things happened. Cities disappearing, large areas of land being scorched to the bedrock and the like. I've never seen any evidence for that, though."

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Many of the men react to Ernest's light with immediate panic, seeming to assume he's calling down some attack, but as little happens, they move back to their positions, although noticeably further away.

Just before he leaves. one of the men can be seen shakily approaching Ernest, but fails to close much distance before he leaves.

@Spider_Kaiju @HowManyMemes @Totadileplayz

Having headed south, Mr. Greenwood eventually finds a small village, identified by a sign on top of an inland-facing hill as Qeqertarsuatsiaat... however the hell that's supposed to be said. However, it shows itself to be just as desolate as Nuuk.

@Lou_change

Sam's sheep don't find much but more rubble, although actual corpses can be found further inland, even if they tend to be mulched or crushed far beyond recognition, to the point that most aren't even clearly human.

@Edwellken

The first rook X finds seems to be a break room. He notices that the door that appears to lead out isn't where the actual outside door was, meaning there's likely some chamber between the doors, probably for security purposes. The rest of the room is rather well-furnished: a refrigerator is set against the inside-leading wall and a television set and a nice-look sofa face the outside door. After a moment, a rather casually dressed man walks into the room to grab something from the fridge. X can easily see that his belt is quite well-adorned with tools..

"Stratos may have been right..." Corrin frowns. There's a sad thought.

Her duplicate continues to fly aimlessly across the country, relying on pure instinct instead of going by any map of population centers. She relies on not just sight, but all of her senses. If there's a human presence out there, anywhere at all, she'll pick up on it.

“Ah ha, sound mysterious...”

Probably those guy I supposed. I ponder, finishing my latte.

“Well, thank you for the info, I will keep that in mind...Well, I have to go now. Goodbye, hope we meet again.”

Taking out money from my pocket, I give it to him, before going out and keep heading my way to Paris, after going enough distance away from the Starbucks and fly toward the destination.

I sigh in relief before explaining the plan to them. I use blood as paint and write follow me on their wool. After that turn on doom and run back to the pile of dead sheep.(can I put the corpses in hammer space)

@Hl3_or_bust

"Strange, albeit not outright impossible. Many of them likely don't care much for humanity, even if they are not actively malevolent. That said, some of these are very odd. And some of those I don't even fully recognize at all."

She seems a bit surprised.

"The one with the angels, especially strange. They are more an organization than an individual I suppose, so they may have split off from the ones I met, or perhaps were interfered with in some way. The ones I met were seeking ways to aid the ones here and discover what happened. Either way, none of these are any of my own."

She casually answered.

"This world is a mess of all kinds, so I can't fully tell the source for all of these. Not to mention the fact that I can't exactly see everything that ever happens, even if I am able to see more than normal people can. Either way, one of us, one of the ones not seen here for that matter, is asking for the last known locations of the other beings, so I would appreciate it if you could provide those."

@ZephyrosOmega

"They haven't answered yet. Humans are certainly rather slow."

El commented, yawning.

@Paul_Frank

"If that is what your lady wishes, then so be it. Such a thing can be arranged. That said, Fortitudo, how aware are you of the movements of your angels? Because it seems that according to the humans that Aya met, some may have gone on a rampage of some sort. I trust that was not the intent?"

Last edited:
@Oliver_de_jesus

"The list of symptoms is long, and frankly unpleasant. Just saying that it tends to cause extreme behavioral alterations and rather sudden death beyond a certain point will probably suffice."
"That sounds ugly, is there any way to tell if someone is sick other than a medical team? Like a physical effect on the human body, just in case" Noah was interested in if he meets someone at a future time and not have nothing to examine the possible infecte.

@Hl3_or_bust

"..." Serafall looks to think for a moment before clapping her hands

"Right, bullet wound, I guess that needs help."

She grabs the man telekinetically, and brings the both of them into Paradiso in an instant, causing both to vanish, she then places him inside a Seraphim's cradle to recover faster.

"I guess I can ask you once you've recovered then." She says into his mind

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"None of the angels of Paradiso should do such a thing, especially considering our master's degree of control over us." He replies

"She'd not let any angels under her command do such a thing, so either that human is lying, or someone somehow got control of some of us, in which case, our master would likely be able to tell and deal with it."

(Thanks,just clarifying it).

The patter of his feet stop. Right before he left the coast towards the western lands he dispelled his illusion of invisibility and perception skewing magic. Appearing from what was “thin air” his helmet’s six eyed gaze jolted into the man who approached him.

“WHAT?! ARE YOU MAD?! THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! Did you not see the fear in their eyes?! Look at their faces,their scent spells confusion and shock! They are panicking! WE WILL BE BIT AND RIPPED INTO PIECES...unless-”

“No. Just a gift for them.”

SHNK

He pulls a dagger from his steel shell,flipping it and pointing it’s dim handle at him. For any man,the presentation would look like one giving a gift. Kneeling before them and placing said dagger on the dirt.

AS SOON AS YOU TURN YOUR BACK THEY WILL JAB IT INTO YOUR THROAT”

Digging deep into his armor, he bestowed piles of flowers stranger than what this world could have ever offered. Herbs with thousands of small pedals,glowing with red and violet colors swirling around its body. It’s torso giving way with just a touch,it’s delicate nature unmatched by any flora within Earth. Fumes bursted around the flowers, closing wounds and bringing limbs banished back into their owner’s arms.

Clop

He rises back to his feet,uttering this towards the man and those around the park:

“╎⎓ i ᓵᔑリ ⍑ᔑリ↸ ||𝙹⚍ ᔑ ↸ᔑ⊣⊣ᒷ∷ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ᓭ⍑𝙹⍊╎リ⊣ ╎ℸ ̣ ╎リℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᒲ|| ʖᔑᓵꖌ ╎ᒲᒲᒷ↸╎ᔑℸ ̣ ᒷꖎ|| ᔑ⎓ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷...ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ’ᓭ ᔑ ᓵ⍑ᔑリᓵᒷ i ᓵᔑリ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎꖌ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ 𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ᓭ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑ⍊╎リ⊣ ᒲ|| ⍑ᒷᔑ↸ ꖎ𝙹ʖʖᒷ↸ 𝙹⎓⎓.”

(Translation: if I can hand you a dagger without you shoving it into my back immediately after...there’s a chance I can talk the others without having my head lobbed off!”)

Underneath the helmet, he smiled. It was unstable,but still there. Even with the fear making him sweat,he still turned his back. Making his shell visible before walking away.

Last edited:
@Phoenix

"Well, your words ring true from my own experiences, but I'm not sure as to what you refer to in the current moment."

@ZephyrosOmega

"They haven't told the last known locations yet is what I refer to."

@Paul_Frank

"Could it be someone else with a similar power, then? It was a direct recording, and there were others, so it seems likely to be true at the very least."

Ewald noted.

"Would your lady wish to meet soon on account of this, then?"

Back