• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

"...Sorry, for...throwing up at this."

Nika stands up from her crouching position, calling her golems back to her.

The mushroom spreads, though it's not visible to the eye as it's hidden in the wet, moisty, undeground, as the scourching Navadian surface is not good for an organism made 99% of water, though ... plans to fix that are already at work.

Meanwhile, goatmen are venturing outwards, their blurred and indistinct forms traveling to cities to spread ravel and chaos, using their mind enchantments to start causing extreme and massive rave parties, the depravity and hedeonism becoming fuel for their master.

"...Sorry, for...throwing up at this."

Nika stands up from her crouching position, calling her golems back to her.
"It's perfectly fine. I've just had training in restraining those impulses. It is a most sorry state. Can you please have your golems take the bodies onto the bonfire?" I Say as I Light it.

"It's perfectly fine. I've just had training in restraining those impulses. It is a most sorry state. Can you please have your golems take the bodies onto the bonfire?" I Say as I Light it.
The girl simply nods at this, the golems taking the bodies and dropping them onto the bonfire.

"Do you...believe in an afterlife?"

@Hl3_or_bust

"Yes actually. I wanted to know whatever you knew about the other individuals with powers that have caused the world to enter its current state. Its clear that your people are afraid due to it, so I wanted to see what the one in charge, that being you, knew about the situation. I wanted to possibly find these people, or at least know what they're capable of in case I ran into them."

Dante says a silent prayer to the Plarian Pantheon, and replies. "It's really hard to disprove otherwise. The Afterlife is a simple logical induction, even if the living can't venture there. We know three things. One The soul exists." I turn into my incorporeal and invisible soul form for illustrative purposes. "We Also Know Endless pocket realms exist." I create a portal to the wealth dimension to show an example. "Finally The Plarian Deities exist. As this is the strongest evidence for the afterlife. For they have come down to the world and have clear historical records of appearing which are rather hard to disprove. Though, unfortunately as I'm not a priest nor a God I can't show proof of that particular variety."

"I see..."

Nika takes all of this information in as she looks at the current fire in front of her.

After getting Greenland I look for my dead sheep.[assuming all goes well I grab all 38 and return to the hospital by teleporting there but a few meters too high and falling like a idiot.]

Dieman sees the sheep spontaneously disappear from right in front of them, teleported away.

"... Well, I must keep looking, then."

Dieman starts sweeping the area at complete random for anything important and leading to a quest of some sorts.

[I don't think anyone has interacted with my living sheep but you.]

After landing I walk towards the hospital.

@ZephyrosOmega

Corrin fails to find any people that were alive by the time he arrived, so he goes forwards with resurrecting them. Burning eight Bifrost Staves to resurrect those whose bodies wouldn't cause them to instantly die again, the process seems to go off without a hitch. Obviously, many are badly damaged still, although that is easily fixed, but they're all... silent, with a vacant, un-lively glare.

@Andykhang

The rusted portions appear to be affected so by natural forces, that being prolonged oxidation. Within the myriad micro-crevice's, a literal petri dish of mosses, tiny plants, and funguses can be observed, all fighting over each other for the barest hint of sunlight and moisture. However, it seems entirely normal, not doing so preternaturally fast or with unusual vigor or direction.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Aya's mental intrusions find little to nothing of note, only vague intuitions and... something else. A variety of minds she encounters, including the one right before her and two standing quite nearby, are jumbled, as though she's listening to a badly tuned radio. Words can be made out, but have no relation to those before or after and make little sense, but a few words are noticeably common, those being: "Reaver", "Messenger", "Higher-ups", "Fake", and "Reading." Aya has a feeling that she's being watched as this occurs

The man seems to prepare himself to respond again, seeming annoyed despite the creation of the supplies, before he stops himself. A light buzzing in his ear, some kind of earpiece he's being spoken to through, can be heard, but it's yet so low that making out exactly what was said is impossible through the man's plated suit.

He silently stands up and leaves, two others visible, waiting, as the outside door opens, entering behind the man. The most immediately strange aspect about them is their appearance, that being its... vagueness, for lack of a better term. It's like looking at a smudged image, something you know is trying to be something, but all the fine details and nuance have been sand-blasted off. They appear dissimilar, despite this, one younger and one older, one taller and one shorter, respectively. Their clothes appear more similar to stream-lined military garb than anything else, much less the bright yellow, bulky protective suit used by the man before.

The man identified as older takes a seat in the now-open chair, the younger slightly behind and to his side, as though a body-guard.

"Apologies for my friend's rudeness. He's been rather stressed lately, as you can imagine. Your little intrusion didn't help, but he won't notice until he takes off the protective suit. Onto the matter at hand, though, would you kindly retake your seat?"

The man speaks, his voice quite... understanding, for lack of a more comprehensive term. and accented.

@Listentomyrhytm

"Where are you from, anyways"

One of the men further back asks, receiving a look from the front man in response before he echoes the question, seeming to acquiesce to the pertinence of the question.

@Oliver_de_jesus

"..."

The man doesn't respond.

Having been moving for a few hours by this point, having made a few movements towards a western direction, a shore comes into view. [If Noah has a decent knowledge of geography, he'd know this is somewhere along northern Europe]

@Moritzva

Valen's efforts have a distinct effect, reducing the conflict significantly, although it is certainly still present and, furthermore, still being aggravated.

Distantly, beyond the shimmering air and colors, he can see a figure. Its exact dimensions aren't clear given the view Valen has, but its at least twice the size of a normal person. Trailing behind it is a black storm, writhing with sparks of lightning and raining a deluge of bullet-like hail. The feeling from before is further intensified, as it is clear the thing is glaring directly into Valen.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Ernest finds quite a bit, but little of particular note. Crushed bodies, collapsed buildings, and some black, twig-like thing running abou-

Wait a second, that's certainly not normal. It seems to enter a building, but doesn't come out as quickly as it did some others Ernest observed.

@Paul_Frank

The mayor waits a moment, seeming to gather his thoughts.

"I... I don't know much about them, I don't think. They haven't been spotted at all for at least a month, I believe, and I've only seen pictures of them. As for their capabilities... I don't know either, I've simply been told to enact all emergency procedures immediately if any are spotted, regardless of where or when."

@Lou_change

[das wurks]

@Edwellken

As X uses what seems to be a service lift to go down into the innards of the facility, lead to a specific floor by simple intuition and trailed by the obvious panic of the two men above, it comes to a stop after a scant few seconds. Before him is a dimly lit hallway with seven rooms visible, three on each side of the hall and one at the end. From the final door on the left comes an... unusual scent, not unlike excessive preservatives, like formaldehyde and bleach.

@DMUA

Dieman finds very little beyond what he's already seen here, but when approaching the corner of a lower floor of a nearby building, he can hear... something. It seems to be labored breathing and chuckling, breathy and high-pitched, but its coming from somewhere that should be solid ground, just outside of the structure.

@Overlord775

The goatmen fulfill their purpose without much resistance, although slightly more than should be expected from normal people. A few soldier-types try to fire at them, but it wouldn't do much even if the bullets hit.

@WHYNAUT

[google translate romanian]

Elfen finds a somewhat normal city, even if the actual defined area of it seems larger than the physical area, like it was downsized at some point. The effects of his presence are noticed by some and whip others into an immediate panic.

@CrimsonStarFallen

While it doesn't appear that any one country is the safest, some of the examples of nations or areas that recovered quickly are the United States, Germany, Russia, and most of the Middle East and Northern Africa.

Last edited:
“... Halt! A vagrant!”

Velan takes up his sword from his scabbard and points it at this new foe, preparing all his defensive amplifications as well as enemy reductions, with an escape teleportation readied to boot, in the case of conflict. This looks like things are going to turn... particularly bad.

That starts to get Corrin 1's attention. She gets up from her spot in the museum and quickly makes her way outside, arriving at Velan's location in a matter of seconds.

"I was still in the area. This appears to be somewhat of a problem. Do you require my aid?"

---

Corrin 2 waves a hand in front of one of the people. "Can you speak? Are you even aware of your surroundings? Give me some sort of sign if you are."

"...Come on, let's go...and try find others, away from this continent."

Nika gestures for her golems to walk over to her.

Looking like nature rust, despite not being a thousand years ago just yet...intriguing.

“Since it’s in that direction also...let head toward the source of it, shall we?”

Saying so, I head toward Seine.

@Oliver_de_jesus

"..."

The man doesn't respond.

Having been moving for a few hours by this point, having made a few movements towards a western direction, a shore comes into view. [If Noah has a decent knowledge of geography, he'd know this is somewhere along northern Europe]
Noah looked around, analyzed his position and wondered what he was up to on this adventure.

"Why are we here?" The mutant asked to no specific person

Last edited:
@hl3__or_bust
"Where I come from... The specifics I do not know of, but it was a place similar to this Earth. However I was created... for purposes I do not like, by a bunch of asshole mechanics and scientists." She responds.

@Hl3_or_bust

"Telepathy defenses. Impressive. Maybe I underestimated you all a slight bit. Judging by your appearance, you are hardly normal too. Sure, it seems there's something of interest here after all."

Aya sat back down, meanwhile the other demon observed for the most part, while unloading the various supplies. If anything was used to check them, they could tell that the supplies were genuine and hadn't particularly been tampered with. Some of the foods inside were odd though, perfectly edible and even good for humans, but they seemed to be of culinary styles that just didn't exist anywhere in this world.

"So, what are you willing to tell me, exactly? I was just going to copy over whatever data you all had on these and then leave, but it seems there is more to this here."

@Paul_Frank

Ewald taps his foot casually around the remaining angels as he waits for Serafall to arrive. He takes up his time by shaping a few illusions around them, building something of a grandiose illusory door.

“THAT...THING...OVER THERE.”

“That can’t be real...yet I can feel it from the corner in my eye. Did he cause this?!”

Shock boiling into anger, his heart became a drum. A drum that’s gave life to a stiff body. Ernest clutched his blade, his teeth grinding into the nerves exposed within his molars.

THUMP THUMP

He charges into the building after him.

BOOM

Ramming into the side of building,the armor sliced through the bricks like paper. The footsteps come to a halt. His neck twisting in a way akin to a cat’s. Breathing and grinding can be heard from his helmet as the glare underneath would pierce through the metal.

“No...his scent. It’s off. I can’t tell what it is,though it smells horrible.”

“HE CONCEALS HIMSELF. HE MUST’VE BIT AND GNAWED THROUGH THE BONES OF THE BODIES SCATTERED. I CAN FEEL THAT THING...STARVATION...it is curious. Looking for a meal,and we...YOU...have just waltzed into its den. Crush its head in. Squeeze it. Just like those bodies underneathe the rubble!”

“It vaguely resembles the creatures we met. Just...hideous...much more...strange. Must be a traveler...or maybe those who dropped into the world with us. The ones we wanted peace with..”

Ernest had plucked a bouquet of herbs and flowers from his armor. The fumes healing any wounds upon the stick man and giving an aura of relaxation.His arms weak with anger,he struggles to lift it as an offering.

“!¡-!¡ᒷᔑᓵᒷ”

(Translation: P-Peace...)

Last edited:
@Hl3_or_bust

The goatmen litterally dance around the bullets, as they use mind enchantments on the soldiers to try turn the over to the reveling ... or if that's doesn't work they will have the crowd maul them.

It's a win-win scenario, either the number of people in the rave increeses or they just found a new party game.

Meanwhile, the master mushroom continues using it's magic to form clouds to weaken the sun's influance over the land, though as that will require a rather extensive amount of time, another direction of expansion is taken for now.

The underground is, after all, up for grabs, thus the grandshroom's servants begin digging the rock and stone to create systems of caves and tunnels.

Last edited:
@Hl3_or_bust

"I come from the north. And what do you mean by that exactly?" Vie answers the lady.

Elfen descends onto the streets of the city. They start marching towards the center of the city, while glimpsing further information from the minds of nearby people. Now that Elfen is in the city, the sky looks yellow and the city now only has varying shades of purple, with some white and black mixed in. The only thing that remains the same is Elfen.

Dieman finds very little beyond what he's already seen here, but when approaching the corner of a lower floor of a nearby building, he can hear... something. It seems to be labored breathing and chuckling, breathy and high-pitched, but its coming from somewhere that should be solid ground, just outside of the structure.
"... You do not seem to be breathing well, are you well?"

Dieman naturally pays no need to the fact it is clipping into the ground, whatever it is.

didn't like this. He readied himself for a fight as he steadily moved across the hall and to the door that smelled like a high school science class.

@ZephyrosOmega

Corrin 2 sees the eyes of the newly resurrected vaguely follow his hand, but only two respond in any way. The first, a man who seems to have died from hypothermia and was buried under several feet of snow, just quietly sobs, while the other, an older woman drudged up from underwater, actually speaks, in an incredibly hoarse voice.

"What did you do?"

@Andykhang

The Seine, being a sizeable lake running through the remnants of Paris, is a bit different from what ILEK may remember. Its course seems to have been altered by several collapsed buildings, and the water is almost transparent, revealing normal-looking flora and fish, although accompanied by a vaguely greenish material coating the bottom.

@Oliver_de_jesus

The older man jumps, as though being awoken, but Noah is responded to by one of the other men in a hazmat suit, seemingly having just come up to the deck.

"We're a few kilometers off the coast of Finland, I believe."

@Listentomyrhytm

While they seem to appreciate the explanation, the exact contents don't seem to be particularly pleasant to hear for the soldiers. Raising his shield slightly, although not into a totally defensive position, the front man speaks up again.

"What would those purposes be?"

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The seated older man nods.

"For later ease, please call me Al. Anyways, as for what you're after... I don't remember the exact details, but..."

"Al" explains that the last-known locations he has, being as distant and unconnected as they are from his own explanations of them, probably aren't of much help, given how they are over two months old. He rather informatively puts it as "being more likely for them to be found by simple dumb luck rather than specific exploration."

"You won't find much of what I've told you in many other places. Some of these individuals have capabilities that extend over electronic equipment or devices connected to a network.

"Now, what more... specific information could you give to us in return?"

@WHYNAUT

"People... did not trust the media for the longest time, so many simply ignored the news when it talked about some big new disease going around. As for your question... things are much better now, I think. At least compared to when it started, but that's not a fair comparison."

Elfen's presence continues to inspire a truly comedic level of panic in those nearby, with even those apparently sent to deal with him, soldier-types in black body-suits carrying somewhat large rifles, taking cover at quite a distance. As for what was causing their... prior mental conditions, that is now understood as well. [You know the basics of the situation, about what Crimson initially did]

Distantly, he can feel something that is already quite strange, without his presence: a preternaturally strong sense of revelry and merriment, yet clouded in mental fog and outright madness. Most concerningly is the number of minds acting in such a way, being even more than the number he's already near. [This is Overlord's things btw]

@Paul_Frank

The mayer scratches the back of his head, obviously apprehensive.

"I've been... 'politely' requested never to do that with people outside of the United Nation's direct jurisdiction, so technically you'd have to take it up with then, even if I doubt they'd listen particularly well, much less do it at all."

@DMUA @ThisThingisReallyBroken

The noises stop immediately, and from the darkness of the corner, at an elevation that should be sitting right in front of Dieman's face given the position of the wall, two green orbs can be seen turning to face him, like the eyes of cat in the dark, before it immediately does a double-take. While Dieman imagines a normal person would react with an appropriate level of fear and confusion to this situation, it seems the confusion part has been shunted over to whatever that thing is, especially as it catches sight of whatever Picasso painting Ernest is supposed to be.

@Lou_change

While Sam does find a few surviving MRI machines, none are fitted for the different proportions and shape of her sheep compared to humans, and even if they were, the power in this hospital is long-since gone.

@CrimsonStarFallen

[lod]

@Edwellken

Opening the door, X finds a scene he would expect to find in the opening to a movie involving hackers: a man sits in a rather large chair in front of several large monitors arrayed around the wall in front of him, each glowing a sharp blue-green against the otherwise nonexistent light. Curiously, X can in fact see a light switch just in from of the opened door on the left, but that's not what he senses first. That would be smell from before, but even worse now, like taking a few deep breathes in a paper mill.

Strangely, the small portions of the man's skin, mainly on his face and right hand, that the light is set against are... unusually shiny, almost plastic-looking.

@Hl3_or_bust

"There exist divination abilities that can divine the past of a specific location, so it may yet be of use, even if I personally don't happen to have abilities like that. I suppose I might have to go around scanning minds myself though, if I want any clue."

Aya explained, briefly sounding a bit different but quickly returning to normal.

"That said, that depends on what you want to know, I suppose. I could, for example, try to recount in general terms how we even got here to begin with. I could tell you some of how I intend to operate and such. I don't know much about the intentions of the other summoned, I'm afraid, so you'd be mostly out of luck there. They mostly split up once we appeared, going their own ways to do as they pleased."

She suggested.

@ZephyrosOmega

El finally spoke up once more.

She then explained the locations she'd been told. [Aka ask Hl3 cause he didn't give set ones]

"They said that these locations are unlikely to hold much of use though. Do you have the ability to see the past by any chance?"

(@Phoenix Corrin left to go check out what Velan was doing)

The red-clothed dragoness looks out at the humans. "I healed you. That is all. You will surely die again if you remain out here in the cold."

[El would generally have followed her, as that's what she was sent to do, unless something prevented her from doing so]

Back