• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"That could be possible. Our lady is currently in Paradiso waiting on someone to heal to ask them things, so when she decides to meet depends on how long he'll take to answer her. I suppose I could let her know about this to get her attention now though."

@Hl3_or_bust

After leaving the cellar, Vie starts wandering around to try and find out why some people seem to be bothered by something and others are not.

Meanwhile Elfen teleports to a point along the west coast of the U.S. leaving the their domain in the care of one of their servants. From there they start exploring by flying around at mach 500. Any place they come across is warped into a land of strange shapes and colors, but they return to normal after Elfen leaves the area.

The first rook X finds seems to be a break room. He notices that the door that appears to lead out isn't where the actual outside door was, meaning there's likely some chamber between the doors, probably for security purposes. The rest of the room is rather well-furnished: a refrigerator is set against the inside-leading wall and a television set and a nice-look sofa face the outside door. After a moment, a rather casually dressed man walks into the room to grab something from the fridge. X can easily see that his belt is quite well-adorned with tools..
Probably not who X was looking for. X would for now follow the man while remaining out of sight, but in the meantime look for a map of this facility if it existed in any database anywhere. Same with the man. X assumed he was some sort of maintenance worker, but he searched the database of several government agencies, criminal organizations, etc to see if he could find a matching ID.

Once they accelerate, i stop in my tracks, clicking my tongue in annoyance.

"Damnit, if only i... no, there wasn't much i could have done. Still, what the hell is this place?"

The mysteries of this world only grow more and more, and i clearly need answers. I take out my phone and search about how the US is doing, and where i would need to go to find someone of high societal power.

@Listentomyrhytm

Seeming to calm, if only a little, the man at the front stops leaning backwards, and the rest look around at each other.

@ZephyrosOmega

Corrin doesn't find much, if a number of human presences counted on only two hands, although they're clearly... off, in some manner. Like the simultaneously distinct and subtle differences between images of the living and of the dead in similar states of bodily composition.

@Andykhang

On the path to Paris, ILEK passes through or by a good number of smaller cities and towns, most of which are clearly affected by whatever happened, but are still mostly inhabited. Paris itself turns out to be mostly abandoned, with large swaths of land in a radius of the Seine being uninhabited, although it seems like civilization as rebuilt further out for the most part.

@Lou_change

[ye]

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The man shuffles in his seat.

"No, I don't think so. All of the footage has been confirmed to be undoctored through our channels. I feel we'd both be much more interested in how exactly these things are benevolent or ambivalent in any way."

@Oliver_de_jesus

The older man scratches his chin for a moment, before remembering something.

"Once info started going around, one of the main ways people with it were found by... excessive salivation. There's a technical term for it, but I'll be damned if I could be assed to remember it."

He chuckles lightly.

"Another was an unusually heightened libido, which was usually noticed in unrelated medical exams."

@DMUA @Dusty_Raider

Dieman and Thrasher finds a devastated skyline, bleached like Nuuk yet conventionally destroyed at the same time. A bit further inland, they see... a small group of sheep, with "follow me" written in blood on their fleece. Considering their reaction to Thrasher, they don't exactly seem unusual, but they all run in what seems like a specific route.

@Paul_Frank

The mayor, now more clearly visibly as a suited man with a vaguely orange skin tone and light, receding hair continues screaming and writhing for a moment, before trailing off as he realizes the lack of pain he feels from where the bullets had struck. He looks around, obviously extremely confused, before seeming to check his pulse.

He clears his throat, attempting to calm himself, before looking back to Serafall.

"Where... where is this?"

@WHYNAUT

Vie's investigation doesn't give much immediate evidence for any particular conclusion. As best as she can tell, it seems as though it affected some much more than others.

Elfen finds little beyond small, bleached settlements and scorched wastelands where presumably a much larger city once sat, now a blasted no-mans-land assailed by flames and unnatural weather constantly.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

The soldier shakily grasps the knife, and as Ernest turns his back, he himself turns to his comrades. The message, as strangely as it was communicated, seems to have been received, given by how the man appears to be calmed significantly.

@Edwellken

Given how there's no mention of this structure's existence anywhere, not even in the database seemingly based there, it's obviously a top secret emplacement. The man's ID, one Andrin Jhallovok, is found rather quickly, showing him to be a maintenance engineer with respectable credentials, although he is officially missing.

While X looks all of this up, Andrim simply takes a seat on the aforementioned sofa to drink a soda he took from the back of the fridge, seemingly being on break.

@CrimsonStarFallen

As far as Matricardo can tell, the US is still reeling from the deaths of essentially everyone involved in the top-level governance of the nation, which, curiously, seems to have only happened a week or two prior to the current day. Following the rather thorough destruction of Washington, the remnants of the national government moved shop to Lincoln, Nebraska.

@Moritzva

At the edges of his influence, Velan can feel something unusual. A slight fraying of his power, like something tugging and pulling at his territory itself. It can be clearly felt to be intensifying over time.

Upon seeing the desolate town of Qeqertarsuatsiaat, Nika sighs as she lets the golems decide to check the place out.

"Hmm... a lead..."

Seeing no problem with the fact that the message is written in blood, Dieman follows the sheep.

whistle, Talk about social distancing. I think I could get some good picture here”

I then head toward the Eiffel tower, while also setting up an electric forcefield to block and burn the fungi, just in case

Dante, Sighs trying to figure out a means to go even further out, as he says. "It appears the problem is more wide-spread then the single town. We might need to travel much further to figure out what we want. Thus, I bring up a most curious quandary does anyone have any clues on how to travel further then this land of ice and snow?"

@Hl3_or_bust

"This is Paradiso, a realm which is like the human idea of heaven, a mostly peaceful place inhabited by the servants of the creator, I brought you here to heal."

A few of the higher ranked angels descend from Paradiso to investigate the angels that were attacking humans, spreading out to locate them.

Last edited:
The trip back was a lot easier especially after remembering she could teleport.[I don't know the range so I will wait to do my next]

@DMUA

[At the end of their path is a series of fireworks and something painted on the ground in blue(my infection). "I will be back in a minute or 5." They're not going there yet however.]

@Hl3_or_bust

"Oh, I don't doubt them to be real. I just doubt that the one involving the angels was an action taken by the newly summoned, as that seems contradictory thus far. Maybe the older ones are taking this chance to make their reappearance. Now seems like an opportune time. I wonder what they're like. Anyway, for those that were benevolent, several expressed the desire to discover and permanently end the source of that illness that had wiped out the cities, and to undo the damage it has done. And the ones I spoke to were appalled at the idea of such unnecessary destruction undertaken by those angels, so they are working to find what caused it."

Aya noted, shrugging.

"Some didn't even care. Immortals and all that, you know how they are. Well, you probably don't, but I do. The actions and matters of humans being mostly pointless to them as their lifetimes are but a blink to such beings. Some might also wish to reform the world in some way, or end oppression or some such. Grand ideals like that. I wonder if you'll try to stop them."

She continued.

"And some, like me, aren't even real at all. But that's besides the point. I'd like those last known locations now. It's getting boring just sitting around here, and I'd like to go check them for myself. As thanks for this information, I'll give you some resources. Food, metal, water, whatever it is that you all probably urgently need right now."

@Paul_Frank

"I see. Well, our lady is in her palace as she often is. I would meet with Lady Serafall and open a gate for her when they are to meet. You all should likely look into those rogue angels that were seen."

@Oliver_de_jesus

The older man scratches his chin for a moment, before remembering something.

"Once info started going around, one of the main ways people with it were found by... excessive salivation. There's a technical term for it, but I'll be damned if I could be assed to remember it."

He chuckles lightly.

"Another was an unusually heightened libido, which was usually noticed in unrelated medical exams."
"Well I think that's enough about the effects, I suppose you are here to study and find a way to prevent that it expands more or kill it completely, right?" Noah ask

She frowns as she urges her mount to descend down, in front of one of the small groups. "You are... humans, yes?" She asks as she lands in front of them.

@Moritzva

At the edges of his influence, Velan can feel something unusual. A slight fraying of his power, like something tugging and pulling at his territory itself. It can be clearly felt to be intensifying over time.
How odd.

Velan, interested, traverses through instant teleportation to a safe area in that secluded, warped part of his territory, interested in seeing it up close.

@Hl3_or_bust

Vie walks up to the closest human. "Excuse me, could you please tell me what the current state of affairs is here?"

Elfen tries using to their psychic ability to sense the minds of any people in a radius of roughly twenty kilometers.

X decides to just explore the facility on his own, looking for the other presence and repeating the identification process if/when said person is found.

“I...was...right.”

“N-”

“I was right.”

“They-”

“I WAS RIGHT! AHAHAHA! YES! Can you believe such a thing?! Those creatures,those beings. I handed them a knife and turned my back away. They didn’t try to kill me...oh...god. Has it really been this long?”

Ernest clutching his hands.Squeezing his steel gloves shut and holding the burning feeling in his eyes. Water nearly floating out of them,he raises his head and inhales a deep breath. Holding back any visual signs of grief. With the breathe of his lungs, he bellows such:

“ᔑᔑᔑᔑᔑ⍑ᔑ⍑ᔑ. ||ᒷᓭ! ||ᒷᓭ.I ∴ᔑᓭ ∷╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣.I ∴ᔑᓭ ∷╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ᔑリ↸ ||𝙹⚍ ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ∴∷𝙹リ⊣! i ⍑ᔑ⍊ᒷ ʖᒷᒷリ ʖꖎᒷᓭᓭᒷ↸ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ 𝙹!¡!¡𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ⚍リ╎ℸ ̣ ||!”

(Translation: AAAAAAHAHAA. YES! YESS. I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT AND
YOU WERE WRONG. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH OPPORTUNITY!)

Every step began to resonate with a pep,as his happiness took physical form. Backflipping and leaping bounds above the air to release his pent joy. Small sparrows began to fly around him in an illusion he chose to believe.

“𝙹!¡!¡𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ⚍リ╎ℸ ̣ || ⎓𝙹∷ !¡ᒷᔑᓵᒷ,𝙹!¡!¡𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ⚍リ╎ℸ ̣ || ⎓𝙹∷..⍑⚍⎓⎓ ⍑ᔑ!¡!¡╎リᒷᓭᓭ..⍑⚍⎓⎓....𝙹!¡!¡𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ⚍リ╎ℸ ̣ || ⎓𝙹∷ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ𝙹リᒷ..⍑⚍⎓⎓...ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᔑᓵᓵᒷ!¡ℸ ̣ ᒲᒷ”

(Translation: Opportunity for peace...huff...opportunity for...huff...happiness....opportunity...huff..for acceptance...”)

He continues his trek west. Hope covering his steps. Boosting his speed further.

@Paul_Frank

Ewald nodded, before giving a simple bow.

"Very well. I imagine I shall meet your lady here, then. Thus, I shall remain here and wait to take her to the location."

Aleia herself began to prepare a number of resources in her palace, as well as have her subordinates prepare for Serafall's visit. She also hastily hid some parts of the structure for now, dislocating them spatially.

Somewhere in Nevada ...

Mushroom is granted form.

in order to deny that of the world.

Fields of blue glowing shrooms start spreading, in which eldrich abominations and goat bois roam.

Space and fate begin bending over a bit, concepts are sneezing somehow, a storm is looming ...

@HowManyMemes @Totadileplayz @Spider_Kaiju

Nika's golems don't find much in the town proper, although several small, unmoving silhouettes can be see in the nearby waters. Those in the group with sufficiently enhanced sensory abilities can tell them to be rather thoroughly decomposed human bodies, seemingly dissolved into the surrounding water to a noticeable degree.

@Listentomyrhytm

Lowing his riot shield, the front man steps forwards.

"Well, you aren't who I assumed you were, considering your question..."

He chuckles lightly to himself, before continuing.

"This area seems to have been effectively wiped clean by a... rather virulent fungal infection, to be informative. We expected to find some people, since the area receives drinking water from further inland, but that evidently didn't happen."

@Andykhang

ILEK finds the Eiffel Tower to be... decent condition. It's not exactly about to fall over, but nature has reclaimed it to an extent and some areas along the legs facing the Seine are significantly rusted, while others seem to have been taken out at some prior point.

@Paul_Frank

The investigations of Serafall's Angelos reveal... nothing. Nothing appears to have been working out of line or improperly.

Meanwhile, the mayor seems puzzled by Serafall's explanation, but brushes it off for the moment.

"Well... I suppose you had something you wanted from me?"

His words have an unusual undertone of familiarity with this situation.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"And again, I do not believe I will be doing that. The most we have for these thing's benevolence is your word, and you did just see the collected footage, so I'm inclined to believe you are either lying to me or were lied to yourself, and you aren't exactly making the latter seem the most likely."

@Oliver_de_jesus

"No, that's still in the works to a degree, but that's something I have essentially no info on beyond it being an endeavor being taken at all. The groups stationed on board here were sent out to find possible survivors and collect data on late-stage infection if possible. Unfortunately, it seems we've only been doing the latter so far..."

He stares out over the ocean for a moment, before turning back to Noah.

"As you've probably gathered from us leaving, we've searched every community that wasn't killed by supply shortages independently of the infection."

@ZephyrosOmega

Landing in the middle of a stark-white plain, Corrin stands directly on top of one of the presences: an obvious corpse, given the three feet of snow between them and Corrin. The others aren't much better off, and even much worse in some cases.

@Moritzva

At the border of his land, Velan finds a rather strange occurrence: a constant, swirling warp along the entirety of this edge, as though the world was divided on what rules to follow. As he observes this, he can, distantly, feel something encroaching upon him, something carrying an utterly suffocating and transcendent hatred that wafts out like a bad wind.

@Edwellken

After a few moments, exacerbated by the time taken to avoid security hardware, X finds another rather normal man, identified in another easily accessed civilian database as John Cahpton and, just as with Andrin, is listed as missing. His attire is similar to Andrin's, although considerably more form-fitting, making it clear he's also here with some purpose. They momentarily converse about organizational issues, referring to the literal organization of their equipment and it's shoddy state.

While this occurs, X feels something come over him, an implicit, yet conscious knowledge of something: there are other people here, or more specifically, one other person. He needs to go down.

On an unrelated note, he can feel the characteristic pressure changes of a brewing storm overhead and a few dozen kilometers north-east.

@WHYNAUT

Vie ends up conversing with an older-looking woman seated on a park bench, appearing to rest while walking her yippy dog.

"Oh, de unde ești? Au fost vești mari în ultimele luni. Deși, îmi amintesc de unii oameni mai reclamați care nu au prins până când ... ciudat de recent."

The language she speaks sounds like gibberish at first, although Vie's connection to Elfen should help significantly in that department.

As for what Elfen is doing, he can sense a large community of minds further inland, roughly north-east. They're in similar states to those observed by Vie, although considerably more nervous overall, likely due to whatever happened to the scorched land.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Ernest eventually comes to see a ruined skyline in the distance. Glass and metal pillars jut hundreds of meters up into the sky, even while seeming cut down significantly given the visible damage. A good few buildings are bleached, like the few he saw before, but there's a far greater volume of more conventional destruction present.

Further into the built wasteland, his senses pick up a few unusual smells, mainly concerningly fresh blood, as distinct from the old and omnipresent scents of aged rot and dried fluids, and something he can only really identify as "fear", or a rather characteristic smell most mammals give off when panicked.

Corrin's expression is stoic as she looks at the others, doing her best to gauge their health and respective closeness to death as she pulls out a staff, healing each human one by one. As she does so, she starts to speak.

"I am not at all partial to your kind. But if you tell me everything that has been going on in this world, you may yet avoid meeting the edge of my blade."

“Apocalyptic Eiffle Tower, cool.” I said,
As I take an instant selfies. “You don’t see that everyday”

“One part seems rusted though...was it by the effect of the shroom?” I ponder “ Do I even have something to find out I wonder.” I said, as I send out sonars into the rusted part to see if there’s anything worthwhile

@Hl3_or_bust

The girl tilts her head.

"Since when did I have to prove anything to you all anyway? It's not like you're any level of threat to me, remember, I'm not even real. If I was lied to, I will discover that, since the notion of someone having that much guts is an interesting one. It's rare to see a person that is willing to lie to the face of a demon, after all."

She said, sighing.

"It's always sad to encounter people so uncooperative. And here I thought we might have a useful exchange. Either way, I'll be taking the information I asked for. Don't worry, I won't hurt any of you, if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have taken the time to listen to you after all."

She said, before proceeding to read the minds of everyone in the facility to find out the information or where it was stored.

"It's just that you won't be able to stop me."

At that moment, a demon, although entirely human looking, exited from a portal and wheeled in some supplies. Food and water, for the most part, in a container way larger than this demon would have any right to move.

Aya then stood up.

"You know, I could've just brainwashed all of you to get the answers I wanted, but I didn't. That means something you know, good will and all that. Either way, you can keep these in exchange for the information you did actually give me."

Last edited:
@Hl3_or_bust
"A fungal infection? I see..." Giju notes this down mentally. Perhaps it was a being that could control funguses? Or maybe a massive fungus that could spread. "Well, I'll try to look further into it."

@Oliver_de_jesus

"No, that's still in the works to a degree, but that's something I have essentially no info on beyond it being an endeavor being taken at all. The groups stationed on board here were sent out to find possible survivors and collect data on late-stage infection if possible. Unfortunately, it seems we've only been doing the latter so far..."

He stares out over the ocean for a moment, before turning back to Noah.

"As you've probably gathered from us leaving, we've searched every community that wasn't killed by supply shortages independently of the infection."
"Oh, that sounds like it's not a bad mission except for the lack of survivors, let's hope I'm not the only person you find" said Noah, who was already fine with the answers obtained

I must correct this error with haste and dispatch.

A flood of arcane energy flows from his fingertips and into the surrounding area like a great cloud of stabilization, the rebuttal of the mastermind, with the zeal and passion of a soul that never rests and the potency of a fist that never settles. Rebellion! It clashes with the air around him, providing an additional force of pressure to shove this noxious, horrible aberration back and away from his presence. To correct the sins of corruption and leave his almighty Lair intact within - so he strikes back!

Not without worry and cautiousness, however, his eyes sharp and other hand ready with a runic orb to strike at whatever may come next.

@kveld

“No...”

Ernest’s laughter came to a halt. The birds vanishing from the skies as he arrived into the city. His chest burning and his tongue stinging with a hate that rung inside head, taking the form of a loud ringing within himself.

“No...Who did this?! WHO?! I’LL TEAR THEIR THROAT...no...I’ll eat them... I’ll eat them. Fatty flesh in my stomach as I squeeze their lungs.”

“They did this to themselves! Another warring species tearing them apart, eating each other until there is nothing left! When will you learn?! That’s what I have been trying to tell you. You couldn’t let go of your own desire for relief,for comfort to see what was right in front of your eyes! That brokerage of peace...they want you to become another dog,just another man to carry their burdens for them! Just like her!”

GASP

Air squeezing out his lungs in shock,his muscles froze. Denying him movement.

“I can’t....t-this...can’t be.”

“Deny it,but you cannot look away from truth.”

Thud

Nearly collapsing,Ernest drove his sword into the ground. Using it as a crutch as the rest of his muscles began to continue the trek.

“This must be the work of a beast! L-Like the tales our m-mother used say to us before wrapping us into bed. This w-world is far different to our own right? Maybe a two headed dragon or a thing with feathers? Yes, that must be it! I will
shred the animal to pieces, everything will be fine!”

His body gained momentum,he rushes towards the source of the fear and deeper into the city. A sword clasped in fury and denial.

Upon the sight of the corpses, Nika throws up against her better judgement.

"There are decaying human bodies in the water."

This is getting fustrating at this point. Need to calm down.

"Then... how about... safest countries in the world."

I imput that, and "most advanced" countries into the google search.

@Hl3_or_bust

Vie relays this to Elfen, who grasps the meaning of these words from the elderly woman's mind. It is then put into Vie's mind, not only translating it for her, but giving her the first sliver of understanding of the language.

Elfen decides to take their time and flies towards community, rather than teleporting there. Of course reality still gets warped around Elfen as they traverse the wastelands.

Dante pales, and says. "Thank you for telling me. I suppose There's only one way to do them any justice." I open up a portal to suck out the water, and portal out some African Black Wood. A Bonfire burial to send them to the afterlife was what he was planning on he starts building the bonfire. As the portal drains the water out so he can access the corpses.

Back