• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Establishing combat skill requirements

You just said the minimum to be genius in combat was being comparable to ******' Bullseye what do you MEAN that ain't wank--
Because that's the current level of combat of the street gang (DD, Iron Fist, Shang-chi, etc)? Nobody goes above Genius atm, with the exception of Taskmaster, so I just used it as an example. You could literally just say "Yeah that's sounds like a requirement for EG" lmao.

Because that's the current level of combat of the street gang (DD, Iron Fist, Shang-chi, etc)? Nobody goes above Genius atm, with the exception of Taskmaster, so I just used it as an example. You could literally just say "Yeah that's sounds like a requirement for EG" lmao.
In the terms of some of the crap Bullseye pulls with his precision yes

And that's the weakness here, Ranged skill feats aren't covered, and I do not have any idea how to cover them

When it comes to Omniscience and Nigh-Omniscience, I disagree with removing it, specifically because of characters who are or represent their concept, and thus are totally knowledgeable on it. The best example I can think of is Kratos, as when he became the God of War, he became essentially nigh-omniscient/omniscient to all battle, demonstrated by him seeing the battles of the future, down to even Desert Storm, with it being specified that battle across all time and all space is his kingdom that he now knows as he gains Ares’ power. (The names, tongues, etc. instantly becoming understandable despite not have knowing what any of this is when he was Mortal.)

I think, personally, Nigh-Omniscience and Omniscience for combat intelligence should limited to examples like this, where they have fundamental cosmic understanding of all battle in their verse. Whilst this is technically through a hax ability, we often count things like that for intelligence sections.

So it would be something like, “Genius normally, Nigh-Omnscient/Omniscient in combat as the God of War, as his powers give him fundamental cosmic understanding of any and all conflict across all space and all time, well as knowledge of the combat used therein for his own gain.”

If that makes sense to everyone here.

As i have said, knowledges is irrelevant when it come to combat, what matter is how the character applies their knowledges in combat
demonstrated by him seeing the battles of the future, down to even Desert Storm, with it being specified that battle across all time and all space is his kingdom that he now knows
This have nothing to do with combat feat, but Cosmic Awareness, Clairvoyance feat. Combat is how the character demonstrate their skills, techniques in combat, not just seeing and have knowledge about some battles

As i have said, knowledges is irrelevant when it come to combat, what matter is how the character applies their knowledges in combat

This have nothing to do with combat feat, but Cosmic Awareness, Clairvoyance feat. Combat is how the character demonstrate their skills, techniques in combat, not just seeing and have knowledge about some battles
Yes, but this awareness gives him know and skills of combat for his own use. Similarly, Ares from DC Comics knows all combat skills to ever exist from the beginning of time, and can directly apply that information into combat. They are nigh-omniscient in the ways of combat skill.

I disagree with the idea of categorizing skill levels at all. As this thread has already amply shown there isn't a consensus on what is better than what, and the standards presented by the OP are already very silly. I don't think good standards for this sort of thing can exist, and they definitely haven't been proposed to far.

Last edited:
categorizing skill levels is making things harder for ourselves for no reason
No, it would make it easier as currently it is hard to say, for example, what would "Supergenius" fighting skill be

Catagorizing like we did with normal inteligence is nescesary, expecially given how no examples of "fighting skill" in EG and SG exist in their descriptions currently

Again, shouldn't we let the "can this character who does this" talk for another thread? This is only bloating tbh

Look, i know you guys want to know how skilled the chars you like are.......but that has to be for another thread, not this one

In the terms of some of the crap Bullseye pulls with his precision yes

And that's the weakness here, Ranged skill feats aren't covered, and I do not have any idea how to cover them
at this point, i would recomend asking for permission and create a new staff only thread, and also ask this one to be closed

it is.....quickly devolving into people asking "can X char who does this qualify for Y rating?" which will make this thread too big to be properly evaluated

also aren't wiki wide revision staff only by default?

What rating it is?

(Is a born killer. In his hands anything is a deadly weapon and his father was a soldier who trained him how to kill from the moment he was born. Has expertise in every weapon known to humankind and has been in various black ops groups around the world.)

(Is a hitman and a world-class marksman. In his hands anything is a deadly weapon and his father was a mercenary who trained him how to kill from the moment he was born. Has military experience and served with Rick Flag on special forces in Qurac that took down Avral Kaddam.)

What rating it is?

(Is a born killer. In his hands anything is a deadly weapon and his father was a soldier who trained him how to kill from the moment he was born. Has expertise in every weapon known to humankind and has been in various black ops groups around the world.)

(Is a hitman and a world-class marksman. In his hands anything is a deadly weapon and his father was a mercenary who trained him how to kill from the moment he was born. Has military experience and served with Rick Flag on special forces in Qurac that took down Avral Kaddam.)
Gifted also this isn't an character intelligence evaluation thread so people please stop asking this kind of thing and stop derailing

I am intelligence and skill’s strongest soldier. I’m sick of seeing dudes who are undoubtedly Gifted or Genius fighters getting just “Above Average” because someone can’t be bothered to put effort into something that isn’t just AP. Maybe this update will help rectify that a bit

That being said, standards can be a bit hard to apply for certain levels since there are dudes who are without a doubt genius given who they can fight or stomp via skill, without meeting the “standards” that Reaper put out (ex. Character A can stomp Character B, who can master fighting techniques after watching them only once. Character A is a genius fighter without a doubt, even if they don’t copy moves themselves). It can be case by case

Last edited:
I am intelligence and skill’s strongest soldier. I’m sick of seeing dudes who are undoubtedly Gifted or Genius fighters getting just “Above Average” because someone can’t be bothered to put effort into something that isn’t just AP. Maybe this update will help rectify that a bit
There’s already a self evident intell thread, just go there to update pages

There’s already a self evident intell thread, just go there to update pages
Yeah. That’s why I only said “maybe” because the existing descriptions we have aren’t the worst all things considered. It’s just frustrating seeing intelligence ratings slapped lazily nowadays (said what I said, not sorry. Shoutout to those who actually put effort into those sections, I respect you)

I disagree with the idea of categorizing skill levels at all. As this thread has already amply shown there isn't a consensus on what is better than what, and the standards presented by the OP are already very silly. I don't think good standards for this sort of thing can exist, and they definitely haven't been proposed to far.
I can see from this point of view as well, in a way. Like, I don't really think there's a "standard" for Genius intelligence in combat. You just can sort of tell based on the feats. If somebody is replicating martial arts techniques after seeing them once, defeating hundreds of opponents at once, or is performing some sort of crazy sharpshooter shit, then you, they're a genius fighter. I'd say for Extraordinary Genius, you also just kinda have to tell when saying someone is a "genius fighter" is no longer giving them enough credit. Stuff like Emerl's base combat data crashing a supercomputer, certain Megaten demons having their existences intimately linked to concepts of combat and warfare, or being able to predict like a billion different attacks your opponent could use in combat is Extraordinary Genius level fighter shit

Like, there's technically not a standard for this shit, but you can tell these belong to certain levels of combat intelligence

Sorry if I'm yapping, I just think this stuff is important to address

You just can sort of tell based on the feats. If somebody is replicating martial arts techniques after seeing them once, defeating hundreds of opponents at once, or is performing some sort of crazy sharpshooter shit, then you, they're a genius fighte
Eh personally like I said on the first page I feel like due to the extreme fictional nature of the verses we deal with om the wiki here we should be if anything much more strict with out intelligence because stuff like this is extremely common in fiction if this kinda thing is enough then damn near everyone on the wiki is a genius level combatant, I feel like more focus should be on writing out their actual intelligence feats themself and judging them with scrutiny based on the shit you find common throughout fiction.

Like most 90% of the people we deal with on the wiki are gonna ofc be genius by our own real world standards hence why we should judge more based on fictional levels of skill feats since that covers are far broader range of things

Eh personally like I said on the first page I feel like due to the extreme fictional nature of the verses we deal with om the wiki here we should be if anything much more strict with out intelligence because stuff like this is extremely common in fiction if this kinda thing is enough then damn near everyone on the wiki is a genius level combatant
I think I might not be communicating what I mean about sharpshooters properly. Keep in mind when I say "crazy sharpshooter shit", I don't mean stuff along the lines of Riza Hawkeye marksman feats. I mean more along the lines of this shit

Also when I referenced the taking on a hundred people, I obviously mean without like, just sheer AP or hax one shotting them. Something more like how we see Kiryu in Yakuza wipe like a parade sized group of fighters with martial arts/weapon mastery

I don't mean stuff along the lines of Riza Hawkeye marksman feats. I mean more along the lines of this shit
I'm very aware of what you mean current characters with feats like that who do it via sheer mental calculation like V1 ultrakill and Ocelot are only Gifted and Genius for reference and then that alone doesn't take into account that the speed of a person matters to this as well so any REAL Supersonic+ or hypersonic can replicate this being realistic

As per the Kiryu thing that falls into the same spot as what I said prior
Something like this below is what I consider outright to only be enough for gifted and this would be extraordinary genius going by the above.
"Fought alongside Fi, a martial artist who is a descendent from a long line of Lhao warriors with the two of them together defeating 100 armed Ex-Military Soldiers equipped with heavy weaponry and mechs with Fi himself taking in entire platoons in his own, defeated 100 elite martial artist at once in a one versus one hundred battle without her abilities and while holding back her skills, and bested Fi in single combat on two separate occasions while powerless."

I'm very aware of what you mean current characters with feats like that who do it via sheer mental calculation like V1 ultrakill and Ocelot are only Gifted and Genius for reference and then that alone doesn't take into account that the speed of a person matters to this as well so any REAL Supersonic+ or hypersonic can replicate this being realistic
TBF, the wiki is currently REAAAAAALLY underselling like, all MGS skill feats. Like, Raiden still just being "Gifted" is absolutely waffling. Plus in a verse like MGS, most characters are around the same speed level, which means Ocelot's skill feats aren't just him blitzing everyone

Also while you bring up a good point with speed feats, we do have to keep in mind the precision and timing that is undoubtedly associated with some of the crazier feats. Like, 616 Bullseye isn't just doing his crazy marksman feats because he's fast

TBF, the wiki is currently REAAAAAALLY underselling like, all MGS skill feats. Like, Raiden still just being "Gifted" is absolutely waffling
Real that's valid MGS should be much higher all around and it has some of the deepest skill ceilings on the wiki
Also while you bring up a good point with speed feats, we do have to keep in mind the precision and timing that is undoubtedly associated with some of the crazier feats. Like, 616 Bullseye isn't just doing his crazy marksman feats because he's fast
Yeah no I'm aware I agree its ultimately case by case as someone like Bullseye or Daredevil has deep lore and many showings of doing this kinda thing via sheer mental calculations and can hit shit that's like smaller than my finger from ricocheting something from likena mile away but lots of the examples people brought up here aren't near on this level to actually grant half the goons genius who are brought up in this thread.

Per my example above Kat or Snake should absolutely skillstomp someone like Koji from COTE but he's considered EG on the wiki from how loose we are with our intelligence standards if anything

I agree and disagree with Armors take. Agree in that yes, its really silly currently to tier skill with our intelligence scale, disagree in the notion that it is inherenlty impossible and silly.

Right now, my biggest gripe with those wide sweeping threads is that everyone of them glosses over the most important and most critical aspect: What IS combat skill? What does the term include, what does it exclude?

What we have is this armorphous mass of everything and nothing at the same time and ya'll are trying to divide and rank this blob on criterias that may or may not apply to it. This is like trying to rank athletes in a sport whose rules you dont know, or know if rules even exists and you try to determine who the Ronaldo of said sport is. Get the fundamentals done first please. Something like this. It dosnt has to be my version at all (I lowkey hope some other goober gets theirs accepted first so I dont have to deal with VSBlers asking me skill related question like some discount Ultima), but SOMETHING.

This is like trying to rank athletes in a sport whose rules you dont know, or know if rules even exists and you try to determine who the Ronaldo of said sport is.
I disagree with that analogy. VS debating in general is easier than trying to "scale" real life sports, because with fictional franchises, everything we need to know about a character is shown. If someone says Mario will always one shot and no-diff a Goomba, no one will disagree with you. If you say Mike Tyson would stomp Bruce Lee for example, it gets messier. Real life athletes/fighters are different in that sense

I agree and disagree with Armors take. Agree in that yes, its really silly currently to tier skill with our intelligence scale, disagree in the notion that it is inherenlty impossible and silly.

Right now, my biggest gripe with those wide sweeping threads is that everyone of them glosses over the most important and most critical aspect: What IS combat skill? What does the term include, what does it exclude?

What we have is this armorphous mass of everything and nothing at the same time and ya'll are trying to divide and rank this blob on criterias that may or may not apply to it. This is like trying to rank athletes in a sport whose rules you dont know, or know if rules even exists and you try to determine who the Ronaldo of said sport is. Get the fundamentals done first please. Something like this. It dosnt has to be my version at all (I lowkey hope some other goober gets theirs accepted first so I dont have to deal with VSBlers asking me skill related question like some discount Ultima), but SOMETHING.
This is essentially where im coming from as well to a small degree at least and I'd say also taking into account how characters respond to their environment and prep in any number of combat situations also should be taken into account as well, series like World Trigger do much better at showing this kind of real intelligence in combat much better than a lot of series I can imagine here

Generally? I might have a disagreeable take to some people that its easier to separate this since you can generally tell whats a general intelligence feat (ex. building a complex piece of technology) and whats a combat intelligence feat (defeating master martial artists). But there are overlapping examples. Like how some characters can make calculations mid-combat to do some insane shit. Maybe a character is just applying this to combat scenarios. But it also uses general intelligence aspects since its literally eyeballing accurate math, right? Yeah. Does that mean we exclude it from their combat intelligence? No, not at all. You just have to see whats applicable. Maybe thats a really basic way of putting it, but its not inaccurate if you ask me

I'm sorry I'm the guy who advertises treating anybody reading your profile like an idiot, and even I'm just like "Combat Skill is ******' obvious"

But to explain it, there's basically 2 versions of combat skill; Ranged and Melee. Currently, these justifications hyperfocus on Melee, without going into Ranged, partially for the fact that Ranged Skill is not really my forté. The only part that isn't obvious is some parts of general intelligence and combat intelligence are allowed overlap, such as predictions...

But hey, you pointed it out so you just volunteered to personally write a modernized description of combat intelligence!

Here's my quick low-effort draft cause I woke up literally 19 minutes ago as of starting to write this and I have not had a drop of coffee!

Combat Intelligence​

Commonly referred to as "Battle IQ" or "Skill", Combat Intelligence is the common form of Intelligence geared towards combat, such as a Martial Artist or MMA Fighter's ability to fight and move in the heat of battle. While General Intelligence and Combat a Intelligence have certain overlaps, especially when it comes to predictions, an Extraordinary Genius like [[Jimmy Neutron]] may not have any true Combat Intelligence. Any instances of Combat Intelligence on a profile should be seperated from General Intelligence via a tabber, and is case-by-case. The below ratings can serve as a guidelime for rating a character based on their Combat Intelligence:

I disagree with that analogy. VS debating in general is easier than trying to "scale" real life sports, because with fictional franchises, everything we need to know about a character is shown. If someone says Mario will always one shot and no-diff a Goomba, no one will disagree with you. If you say Mike Tyson would stomp Bruce Lee for example, it gets messier. Real life athletes/fighters are different in that sense
Weirdest complaint I have gotten this year, but uh, dully noted. I assume the core message came through and I will move on with my life.
But to explain it, there's basically 2 versions of combat skill; Ranged and Melee. Currently, these justifications hyperfocus on Melee, without going into Ranged, partially for the fact that Ranged Skill is not really my forté. The only part that isn't obvious is some parts of general intelligence and combat intelligence are allowed overlap, such as predictions...

But hey, you pointed it out so you just volunteered to personally write a modernized description of combat intelligence!
I am Lord Frieza, yes

Weirdest complaint I have gotten this year, but uh, dully noted. I assume the core message came through and I will move on with my life.
It did come through, dw. I just think comparing real life athlete “scaling” to fictional character scaling will always be a flawed analogy. At the end of the day though, what you said made sense to me

Last edited:
Regarding animalistic: Most IRL fighting techniques are designed for other humans, quadruped animals are very different in regards to how they fight compared to the opponents martial arts are meant for. Would an archerfish rank high in animalistic because they learn how to accurately shoot at insects above water.

Regarding animalistic: Most IRL fighting techniques are designed for other humans, quadruped animals are very different in regards to how they fight compared to the opponents martial arts are meant for. Would an archerfish rank high in animalistic because they learn how to accurately shoot at insects above water.
You see, the Archerfish is one of the precise examples of catching trained experts off-guard, when you know you're fighting a fish you don't expect it to shoot you, let alone accurately! So yes, they would.

Back