• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the match up I've been dreaming of doing for a long time

Escanor Morning Render
Natsu dragneel half dragon render by ilagbg-db3xyfl
  • Speed Equal
  • Full Power Natsu and Late Morning Escanor
  • Battle in the Earth

Yomi Schwarz said:
Alright for now who has the AP advantage? and how high is it?
Honestly escanor should be above High 6-C but we just do not have a calc yet, he might stomp Natsu.

Well as for my take on this fight.

Fire isn't exactly the best thing to use against escanor considering he has resistance to it.Add the fact that escanor is the biggest tank in NNT that can take heavy damage from estarossa and Assault Meliodas and keep on fighting.

The nature of Sunshine and How it radiates power closes efficient CQC methods for natsu.

i'd go with Escanor since i see him handling what natsu can give and how i think he'll eventually overpower him.

Burning Full Fingers said:
What's the extent of Escanor's resistance to heat? Natsu burned himself, and he's highly resistant to heat.
He resists his heat that burns up people and the environment around him in a very short amount of time.

Escanor's heat was casually melting the armor of everybody around him when he arrived in Liones to battle Estarossa. I'm not sure how hot that really his, but his tolerance to heat shouldn't be a huge problem.

Oh and another feat would be how escanor instantly evaporated an entire lake when he pounded estarossa away.

and even he was unfazed by his own heat

Escanor instantly vaporized an entire lake with a single "Pride Flare" spell. And as for the durability, a holy knight's armor would be town level to which it scales from a standard holy knight.

Escanor melting the armor can be shown here: http://www.*********.cc/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/c185/5.html

Also, I don't think him melting armors with Town Level or similar durability is a significant feat for this tier. Again, I'm not sure what kind of temperature is really required either for that kind of feat.

Also, I'm not voting yet either. I don't think we've really had anyone speak on what pro's Natsu might have in this fight.

I'm going for Natsu since if Natsu manages to eat Escanor's Sunshine he'll be able to use it against him and we know Escanor can be hurt by his own attacks, which why I give a slight edge for Natsu which can win him the battle

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I'm going for Natsu since if Natsu manages to eat Escanor's Sunshine he'll be able to use it against him and we know Escanor can be hurt by his own attacks, which why I give a slight edge for Natsu which can win him the battle
Honestly he was barely hurt by his own attack.

Estarossa full countered Escanors Rhitta and hit him with more than twice the power of escanors strike. tanked that no problem. And that was a physical strike. Hitting him with sunshine will just return the energy back to him if anything.

Voting escanor for better ap and dura, tankiness and growing stronger with time.

As LAS pointed out, Escanor's reflected attacks in his fight with Escanor were rebounded with more than double the strength and he still kept going.

Escanor also doesn't need to spam abilities like Cruel Sun and can resort to close quarters with Rhitta if he sees Natsu trying to amp himself.

I'm going to vote Escanor now for LAS's reasons.

Eh, Natsu most likely oneshots Escanor.

Escanor only has powerscaling from a 6-C to reach High 6-C, Natsu has a calc putting him directly in High 6-C.

PaChi2 said:
Eh, Natsu most likely oneshots Escanor.
Escanor only has powerscaling from a 6-C to reach High 6-C, Natsu has a calc putting him directly in High 6-C.
I doubt it Escanor's scaling is based on ages ago he is much stronger now but we just dont have a calc yet.

What reasons above. All are sort of faulty to varying extents. Didn't even take into account that this is SFDM Natsu.

Look, guys. Natsu already vaporized a lake as well. Unless someone mentions something better for Escanor, Natsu won't be bothered by Escanor's fire and heat. In fact, it's supposed to be the other way around. There's nothing that says Escanor's heat is better than Natsu's according to what I've seen so far. It's been some time since I read NNT. Just cuz his ability is hyped in his own verse doesn't mean so much in a crossover fight. And if you want to mention feats that are not quantifiable, I'm going to mention Natsu burning light, death magic, existence erasure, and setting either his soul or Zeref's on fire.

"Sunshine"

First off, I don't even know why this is important. Fire and heat? Natsu resists that and can eat fire. The light it radiates? Natsu resists, and can eat light with Sting's power, and has also burned it before. If you mean he can use it to blind Natsu, the dude has enhanced senses. Not going to work.

"Rhitta"

Normally yes, I'd see the usefulness of this since it gives Escanor an advantage in melee due to its extended size and its sharpness, meaning it'd be more dangerous compared to Natsu's shorter range and blunt force damage with his fists. But SFDM Natsu? He can just use Gajeel's power and enhance his offense and defense by turning his body into iron and steel, or eat Rhitta for good measure. What's Rhitta made of? Iron? Steel? Partly wood? Dragon Slayers have eaten all and worse.

"Statistics Amplification"

I mean...seriously? Well yes, it's true that Escanor's power increases due to the nature of his ability. But adding to Natsu being able to eat Escanor's fire, light and whatever Rhitta is made of, he can eat the air around them to boost himself, can boost himself with lightning, and has rage power on top of his power increasing depending on his emotions.

"AP"

How does Escanor have an advantage here? He's scaling to AM Meliodas who's baseline or slightly above it because I see no calc and it looks to be based on him being >>>> his demon form? Natsu with Igneel's power almost killed Base Zeref who's >>> 121 gigatons Irene. SFDM Natsu >>>>>> DF + FDKM Natsu >> Natsu with Igneel's power >>> FDKM Natsu, I think. In any case, I don't think Escanor has a power advantage, but I'll look more closely later.

Sooo, Natsu is either resistant to, and can eat Escanor's stuff, can bypass Escanor using Rhitta to gain an advantage in close quarters, and has ways to counter Escanor's power rising. And this is not even factoring Natsu having the ability to paralyse with lightning, immobilize with Sting's stigma, Rogue's ability to become intangible, Poison Manipulation, and other versatile options.

I...vote for Natsu.

mfw one single detailed, well-thought post turns the table

Laughs in Chris Evans

Not voting yet from me though. Burning makes excellent points but I'd like to see others struggling trying to debunk his points first. And I want to see this thread becomes a hell hole

I'm going with Escanor.To me,Fire and heat will not really matter in this battle but physicals would. I see Escanor having better physicals overall plus a longer reach with rhitta

Here's the thing though, although Natsu was imbued with all of their elemental abilities, Natsu never showed the ability to perfectly replicate their specific abilities. He only had it for a short time and used its power to take down Acnologia with a physical punch. Furthermore, he didn't even absorb it like it had been done with Laxus' lightning back on Tenrou Island. Wendy specifically enchanted the elements onto him. He would have those elements with each of his attacks, but he never showed anything more. In fact, nothing on his profile accounts for or implies this level of proficiency in this form.

As far as Rhitta's composition goes, we don't know what it's entirely made of as it's never been directly stated. The image you see displayed in the OP is the best colored image we have of it, but it could be best assumed as having a metallic structure. I don't recall Natsu ever eating metal like Gajeel has done, and I've partially addressed this point earlier.

Escanor would also be capable of containing the power and heat that he normally emits inside of Rhitta and then releasing that power in one huge burst to prevent Natsu from absorbing all of his emissions.

A point definitely can be made that Natsu should have the higher AP though. He's more on the high end of the tier than Escanor would be. However if the AP gap is really that large to where Escanor has no hope of matching it, Natsu could one shot by the sheer difference regardless of the Stats Amp and wouldn't that make this a stomp?

While Natsu doesn't directly show he can use the other dragon slayers power alone, I'm sure he could if he wanted, also his AP is Higher than Escanors plus he has some power null which could affect Escanors Magic, so Once Again

Natsu FRA

Ok now since I'm awake I can fine tune the reasons for Escanor better since people have issues with his vote.

I'll start off with BBF's reasons.

1: While the majority of this argument is fair and dandy I'd like to point out that Natsu's best fire feat hear wise would be either his vaporization of sand feat or melting stone feat, both of which were around 2000 degrees meanwhile we haven't seen what Escanor's own heat can do temperature wise. As far as I'm aware they'd be even in the temperature category. It's speculative to assume who's fire is hotter here since it's the same argument with Natsu vs Ace since people automatically Natsu has hotter fire. As for your other point that's pretty moot. Natsu burning hax is completely different, since at that point you can't say it's tied into his heat, that's a completely different ability of its own. And Escanor doesn't really have any dangerous haxxed abilities for Natsu to burn, even then as others pointed out Escanor doesn't need to spam Sunshine he has Rhitta.

2:Again most of this is fire but Natsu has never burnt Light. Sting doesn't use Light he uses White Magic two very different things. Unless you wanna say Natsu can suddenly burn Kizaru.

3: Yeah, No. Natsu isn't eating a Scared Treasure especially Rhitta. Rhitta along with other weapons are unbreakable so Natsu isn't eating it. Also take Escanor's massive skill and experience advantage into consideration here. Once they get into CQC it'll pretty much be over at that point, if Escanor was able to keep up and eventually overwhelm Meliodas then Natsu isn't doing any better. Again he's a brawler, not a very good counter to someone like Escanor. And may I please see Natsu ever using the other Slayers abilities? As far as I'm aware he literally put all the energy they gave him into his fire. Not once as he ever show cased the ability to use power's like that so again that's moot.

4: No. I've already explained this Natsu isn't eating light. The only thing he can eat here is fire and maybe lightning. He isn't eating air, Light or anything of the sorts. The Rage power along with his Fire eating abilities will likely be his only forms of statistics amplification here. Meanwhile Escanor will be growing stronger constantly and passively, then it's only a matter of time before "The One." Is unleashed and gives Natsu the Meliodas treatment.

5: Assault Mode Meliodas isn't baseline. He has two High 6-C keys for a reason one is his Demon Mark form and the other is Assault Mode. And Escanor one shot Assault Mode Mel with literally the wave of the hand. Took multiply Full Counters from Mel that reflect attacks at twice the power and tanked them.

6: Nope. Literally debunked all of those reasoning you gave. Sorry but Natsu can't do any of that. As I pointed out earlier Natsu doesn't gain all their abilities. He converts their "power" into fire itself and attacks with it.

Escanor should take this via an immense experience and skill advantage, better range in CQC with Rhitta and overall better abilities. I don't see much Natsu can do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back