• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Escanor Scaling?

Alakabamm

VS Battles
Retired
I'm a bit confused about why Escanor is being scaled as if he were equal to Meliodas, considering all of what happened in various fights in Nanatsu no Taizai. Are author powerlevels not being considered relevant to scaling? Let me explain what I mean.

1. By the Danafor calculatio on his page, Meliodas is Island Level attack potency by pulverizatio (full physical ability) calcs.

2. In that state, Meliodas is said to have a powerlevel of 32,500 , not all of which is physical strength. In this form, he blitzed Galan, who had a power level 6,500 less than Meliodas.

3. In Galan's Critical Over form, he is said to have a power level of 40,000 , all of which comes from physical strength. This was intended as a counter to Meliodas and, judging by the results of their battles via power levels, very well would have stomped him.

4. Thus, by all the above points, it seems that the attack that Galan hit Escanor with was Island Level+ at the very least, which was taken without being blocked, without moving, fully casually and resulted in this .

Hence, at the very least, it seems that Escanor should have a durability a bit higher than what is currently posted (as it matches and does not exceed Meliodas', who may have died to Galan's attack). We've also never really seen Escanor attack at full power (without Sunshine either) yet, outside of the fact that it scared CO Galan enough to make him run away. In this case, there is less evidence for a mismatch between Meliodas' and Escanor's scales, but I think it should be considered.

Well, Meliodas had a power level of 32500 when calm. He destroyed Danafor in wrath mode, which should be considerably stronger. Also, each category is quite wide. We usually prefer to at least try to avoid power-scaling based on loose speculation.

Antvasima said:
Well, Meliodas had a power level of 32500 when calm. He destroyed Danafor in wrath mode, which should be considerably stronger. Also, each category is quite wide. We usually prefer to at least try to avoid power-scaling based on loose speculation.
I'm not too sure about that, actually. In the chapter where Meliodas decimates Galan, it is stated that he is in full control of his wrath. I assume this means that he should be just as strong as at Danafor, but I do not know if this necessarily applies to his power level reading 2 chapters later. I'm just a bit concerned that there isn't a clear difference being illustrated between Meliodas and Escanor.

Well, his wrath state was always treated as a power-up previously, with Meliodas' body going partially black if I don't misremember.

Also, again, each tier is quite wide, and we try to avoid scaling higher based on speculation from power levels and the like. We can use them to say that somebody is at least as strong as another character, but not exactly how much stronger.

Back