• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor additions for Sunshine users

Faa_Tzy

He/Him
Adding Power Nullification Unconventional Resistance to Mind Manipulation: The reason Escanor was able to get out of the Nightmare Teller was Sunshine.

Resistance to limited Power Nullification: Scaled by Gawain, Gawain could burn Pellegarde's black flames that were capable of magical burning. Gawain is also unaffected by Pellegarde's black fire.

Limited Transformation for Escanor & Gawain only: It's shown that he can turn his body into a big one. Except for the trigger on Gawain, which requires a lot of magic energy to transform itself (basically the same thing).

Last edited:
Mind Manip Resistance: Did the person themselves project the image of sunshine into Escanor's mind? The text seems to imply this. It's important to know whether normal sunshine would work, Escanor can do it himself, etc.

Power Null: What magic did they burn away? The latter statement is just a temperature durability feat, also.

Transformation: Becoming larger is Size Manip.

Mind Manip Resistance: Did the person themselves project the image of sunshine into Escanor's mind? The text seems to imply this. It's important to know whether normal sunshine would work, Escanor can do it himself, etc.

Power Null: What magic did they burn away? The latter statement is just a temperature durability feat, also.

Here Pleegarde magic erased Percival hope magic and Gawain magic erased his also Gawain was unaffected by his fire.

This would just be for Escanor, not for all users of Sunshine.
No, Gowther inflicts Nightmare Teller (Manipulation) by traumatizing the opponent through his memories. Escanor was able to get out of the nightmare because of the influence of Sunshine inside him. Meaning, Escanor's mind was that of Sunshine itself.

I also made a CRT about "Unconventional Resistance Soul Manipulation", because Escanor's soul is also the Sunshine itself.
Here Pleegarde magic erased Percival hope magic and Gawain magic erased his also Gawain was unaffected by his fire.
Here on the previous page, the black flames burned Percival's magic face.
Ok, I agree. Escanor also got Large size on his profile.

Here on the previous page, the black flames burned Percival's magic face.
So could it affect other magic that doesn't have a presence, rather just an effect? For example, you can't really target a mage's Mind Manipulation if it's just an effect that takes place, rather than a thing conjured (such as a magic face). If there's no evidence suggesting it could, I still accept the ability, but note that it is very limited.

No, Gowther inflicts Nightmare Teller (Manipulation) by traumatizing the opponent through his memories. Escanor was able to get out of the nightmare because of the influence of Sunshine inside him. Meaning, Escanor's mind was that of Sunshine itself.
Alright, I'd describe it more as Power Null of Mind Manip, assuming he still can control some part of his thoughts, since he was still affected but had the means to negate it after. I wouldn't agree with Soul Manip from this but that's another discussion, I suppose.

Alright, I'd describe it more as Power Null of Mind Manip, assuming he still can control some part of his thoughts, since he was still affected but had the means to negate it after. I wouldn't agree with Soul Manip from this but that's another discussion, I suppose.
Wait, isn't getting out of Mind Manipulation also Resistance?

In this context, Escanor has 2 versions (which I have shown with a few panels) which is when Escanor is skinny and also when Escanor is well-built. The stocky Escanor can escape from Mind Manipulation, because his body shape (stocky) embodies that there is Sunshine inside him (including soul, mind, body). Therefore, Gowther thought he saw a 'Pseudo-Image of the Sun' in the world of the mind (abstract). This signifies the existence of 'Sun' in Escanor's world of thought. Sun is related to Sunshine (the power of blessings/Grace)

Is that not enough?
So could it affect other magic that doesn't have a presence, rather just an effect? For example, you can't really target a mage's Mind Manipulation if it's just an effect that takes place, rather than a thing conjured (such as a magic face). If there's no evidence suggesting it could, I still accept the ability, but note that it is very limited.
I don't think there was any... it just showed that Percival's magic burned. I also applied that Gawain could survive the fire, but there was no further context on whether his magical energy/power was burned.

I also put 'Limited', is this okay?

I'm really sorry if I went off topic. But I think, Escanor's case is almost similar to Meliodas who was able to get out of Mind Manipulation (On his profile).

Although the case is different, Escanor was able to get out because of his body changes (which I explained above).

Resistance is being unaffected by an ability (or having a mitigated effect). Power Nullification is negating an ability entirely. This is more on the side of the latter than the former. I think it's enough- for Power Null.

Regarding the second bit, I would just leave it at limited and note that if the magic has some presence (such as a conjured effect) then the fire can burn it away.

Resistance is being unaffected by an ability (or having a mitigated effect). Power Nullification is negating an ability entirely. This is more on the side of the latter than the former. I think it's enough- for Power Null.
It's fair enough to accept it, but there are some that leave me confused for Power Null.

We can assume Sunshine/The Sun is on the mind plane too, since it's stated as such. This will also be reinforced by other scenes, such as Sunshine also being the soul of Escanor (or the user). Sorry if I'm off topic, in the scene where his soul was taken by Melascula he was shown to have his soul taken, but when he ate it, it exploded (literally Escanor wasn't really swallowed by his soul, because his soul wasn't in general).

In the scene of escaping from Mind Manipulation (Nightmare Teller Gowther) and Melascula Soul Manipulation, Escanor uses his big form. Escanor's profile has Soul Manipulation Resistance (Unconventional), and it should be linked to the OP case. With the influence of 'Sunshine' on Escanor.

Note: I have sent the CRT of Melascula scene before (if you want to see).

My conclusion slightly establishes the resistance of this Mind Manipulation on Escanor's big mode. Escanor's big mode is also influenced by the presence of Sunshine. So, any mind/soul attack is useless on Escanor, because Escanor seems to not have it even though he does.

Will this remain Power Null? I might as well ask you for some feedback on some of my arguments above...

Maybe this will be the final conclusion. I will probably accept it gracefully.
It's almost like I'm running out of evidence, but not really
Regarding the second bit, I would just leave it at limited and note that if the magic has some presence (such as a conjured effect) then the fire can burn it away.
Fair enough.

Alright, I have been asked to make some changes to some profiles. Before I do, I need to some further context.

What of these abilities go on what profiles. I see that debate has occurred on if Power Nullification was just Escanor-based or something that's applicable to all Sunshine users. I don't know if this issue has been resolved yet as I haven't delved much into this thread's content, so I'm going to ask the OP for further clarification on this.

It seems like the resistance for Power Nullification is considered applicable to all Sunshine users? I don't know for sure, so if the OP can tell me if it is or isn't, that would help tremendously.

Alright, I have been asked to make some changes to some profiles. Before I do, I need to some further context.

What of these abilities go on what profiles. I see that debate has occurred on if Power Nullification was just Escanor-based or something that's applicable to all Sunshine users. I don't know if this issue has been resolved yet as I haven't delved much into this thread's content, so I'm going to ask the OP for further clarification on this.

It seems like the resistance for Power Nullification is considered applicable to all Sunshine users? I don't know for sure, so if the OP can tell me if it is or isn't, that would help tremendously.
That applies to all Sunshine users.

Escanor was able to escape Gowther's power because of the Sunshine within him (including soul & mind).

In the case of limited power null, I consider Sunshine to be more powerful than Pellegarde's fire burning magic.

Because it wasn't just Escanor who was a Sunshine users, therefore other than him it would also be scaled.

Note; the scans are all listed.

Back