• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Erza does not have her strongest armors, nor Nakagami Armor (unless y'all think I should let her) and speed is equalized. Other than that, everything is the same. So basically 7-A vs 7-A.

The scenario is that the FT guild took Pikachu's ketchup "Taken" style, and now Pikachu is going all Liam Neeson on them to get it back. Erza is that abnormally strong henchman that's right before the main bad guy. ovo

PikachuVictory
This was only positive thing you saw before you jumped into hell.

Erza Anime S5
Ezra Scarlet

Man if only Laxus had 7-A that would be awesome...

Anyway, I would go for Erza via versitalty and the fact she can combine diffrent elemental weapons with diffrent armour which means she can use lighting empress armour and nerf his lighting attacks while she can hit with fire wind or even magical based attacks... Low-mid difficulty.

Would it be worth noting that Pikachu would absorb any attack done in that armor through electrical absorption? ovo

The real cal howard said:
Would it be worth noting that Pikachu would absorb any attack done in that armor through electrical absorption? ovo
Problem is Erza would do it at max once, the moment she sees he can absorb it she can just switch in other attacks.

It may also be worth noting that in a few circumstances, Pikachu's typing gives it a few advantages. Yes, Erza doesn't have a type, but IIRC, our Wiki considers stuff hitting Pokemon as having a type for hitting that Pokemon.

Which means a Pikachu, with its Electric-typing, would have resistances to Flying (Stuff like Air Slashes, Hurricanes which may apply to some of Erza's Armors' hax.) & likely more relevant, Steel.

Meaning Pikachu may be taking half (Or otherwise considerably lessened.) damage from Erza's swords & other metal-based attacks.

Metal conducting electricity is also an issue, especially if Thunder comes from clouds above Erza; A sword could act as a lightning rod, & some of her armors may make electrical attacks more dangerous, again, due to said conductivity & potentially getting too hot to stay in-tact in from electrical heat.

For all my words, however, I don't think I've gone over all the stuff in this match, though, so I'm not sure I have a vote here, however.

^Erza has ton of elemental and magic based attacks as well and with having lighting empress armor it's too much of advantage since she has more options to fight him with while he is in big disadvantage without his main arsenal which is lighting attacks and lightning empress armor is mostly cloth as well... And best way of showing the resistance of lighting empress armor is Laxus since even his attack did nothing to Erza and back then he was much stronger than Erza... (Well, he still is...)

Well yes, but, Cal's opening post aside, which is unclear on the following matter, doesn't specify her as having knowledge on him/her/it, other than the FT guild having stolen Pikachu's ketchup.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Battle_Assumptions

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

Knowledge of the other character/verse: The fighters will have absolutely no prior knowledge of each other.

Without knowledge of her opponent, & being in-character, Erza's first choice of armor may be what she usually chooses while in-character, which isn't guaranteed to be optimal, nor necessarily the Lightning Empress Armor; Some combat may occur before she switches to it.

And if she does us an electric attack even once, Lightning Rod, which draws in Electric attacks & absorbs them not only stops the damage, but amps Pikachu's AP, aiding it in a damage race. This is bad for Erza if she doesn't realize its electricity immunity early on & avoids using electric attacks.

Pikachu's resistances to Steel-type attacks may also not become immediately obvious either; Her usual weapons are swords, & if she only attacks Pikachu with what counts as a "Resisted Type" of attack, she could mistake it for unusual durability, as opposed to a resistance to that type of attack specifically, before she realizes it's a resistance & changes weapons.

Again, in-character, & without prior knowledge, it's not certain she'll pick an optimal weapon, & it's not like Pikachu won't fight back while she attacks it, whether she's chosen the right means of offense or not.

It is likely she'll try the Lightning Empress armor after realizing it uses Electric attacks, but it may also be questionable how long she'd stick with it when Pikachu absorbs Electricity, giving it a boost to its non-Physical offenses & resists Steel anyway; The Lightning Empress Armor's offense may not be as effective as say, fire-based offenses.

Admittedly, the quality of her decisions depends on whether Cal's story involves her gaining any intel on Pikachu as a result of the ketchup theft.

The point is, in-character, & without prior knowledge, Erza being in-character could waste time using sub-optimal equipment choices, or not realizing Pikachu's Steel-type resistance is that instead of strong dura, etc. That time wasted is time Pikachu can fight back & attack during.

Also, just to be sure: Cal said "Erza does not have her strongest armors" in the OP. Does the Lightning Empress Armor count as one of those? Forgive my asking, please. I dunno her profile perfectly well, & she has a lot of armors & hax.

Erza realized the weaknesses and strengths of 100 monsters in a matter of seconds mid-battle and acted upon it, she won't waste time doing sub-optimal decisions at all. And no, Lightning Empress is not one of her strongest armors.

Also classifying non-Pokemon attacks into types when they are not clear doesn't work and leaves room for useless debate.

Erza is more skilled in battle, a much more efficient battle tactician, has more versatility, range and maneuverability. Combine this with the fact that she can nullify Pikachu's lightning attacks like she did to Laxus', and she wins.

Erza usually starts with heaven wheel which gives her the abilty to figure out oppontes characteristics and which armor to use, but that actually doesn't even matter cause it's Pikachu, his first attack will be lighting and Erza can requip instantly before she even gets hit and since she can combine diffrent armors with diffrent weapons and is something she does this battle is pretty easy for her cause Pikachu has or like a head but or his iron tail attack and maybe another one Erza on the other side has wind,fire,light,magic attacks etc. so yeah this is pretty easy for her having range as well... And Erza not picking an optimal weapon is like, never happened before...

@ScarletFirefly, WilliamShadow:

Frankly, I'm not confident Pikachu can win either. I just value considering most of the factors for both sides. In this match, however, it seems redundant for Erza; I'm only unconfident enough to not vote because I don't feel I considered everything.

Her flight, versatility, many different haxes etc made me question why this matchup was made in the first place. To me, it seems certain she'd win, but I still think it's worth evaluating the factors that are in favor of Pikachu.

Anyway, my point was SBA states she shouldn't have prior knowledge of what a Pikachu is, let alone its powers or abilities, unless Cal's story in the OP is meant to indicate that the FT guild gained such intel.

Without prior knowledge that it's an electrical beast, she shouldn't know that it's immune to electricity or uses electricity. (Also, I think it's pretty clear that a metal sword is Steel-type.)

Also, it's a speed equalized match. Is Erza able to Requip LITERALLY instantly, or fast enough to Requip after seeing electricity coming at her?

I don't think she's guaranteed to start with the Lightning Empress Armor. It's possible to pick a sub-optimal weapon if you don't know your opponent.

No, for all the time & advantages it may buy Pikachu, I don't think it would matter enough to change who wins if Erza did make a sub-optimal choice initially before switching armors, but it's still a possible contributing factor that I feel is likely.

Against lighting users Erza uses lighting empress armor and Pikachu will use lighting probably as the very first attack so she will requip instantly(her requip speed has nothing to do with speed equalisation since it's a separated thing from reactions or movements and stuff like that. she even requiped an instant before getting hit) and after she attacks and sees his attack wasn't effective she switches on fire or wind or anything else which gives Pikachu advantage or better a possibilty to win for like a minute considering Erza's abilities after which he is in huge diassadvanatge cause not only his lighting attacks do almost nothing to her but also because lightning attacks are the only ones that help him in range on any other way Erza has range advantage as well so yeah this is at max mid-difficulty for Erza only because she needs that minute of time to adapt against Pikachus lightning...

In fact this match was made because our friend Cal had no idea about lightning empress armor as you can see in the first two comments...

Anyway, if you are not convinced you can as well go with inconclusive, but to be honest I think this will be close anyway cause Erza has a bit too much of adavanatge here...

Eh, I just haven't researched the characters enough to feel certain enough to vote. I don't think this match should be deemed inconclusive with my current understanding.

As said before, Erza pretty much haxstomps here. Lightning immunity, mixing & matching armors, versatility, & weapons, etc.

Even if she doesn't have prior knowledge of her opponent from another setting & makes sub-optimal initial choices, she has a variety of armors that have at least neutral match-ups. There is an excess of options for her to combat Pikachu with.

Pikachu's biggest advantages are: Lightning Empress Armor weapons not hurting it (much) because of electricity absorption & possible resistance to swords themselves for being metal. (Electric types resist Steel.), possible resistances to wind based attacks, potentially destroying or melting some of her weapons or armor with electricity, or the heat of electricity, & some of her equipment conducting electricity.

But again, Lightning Empress Armor, so lol. I don't think I evaluated everything, so maybe I shouldn't vote, but if you put a gun to my head & said you'd shoot if I didn't vote, I would vote in response to that with: Erza haxstomps.

^haha dude you don't have to vote I was just saying if you are undecided to who wins you can go with inconclusive but if you simply don't wanna vote no one costrects you...

Back