• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skills and Abilities

Hiei is able to control people with a mere glance. The only reason he didn't use it in the DT arc was because almost all demons resist some form of mind manipulation. It is confirmed that the Makai causes those not used to it to be put in a vegetative state and since demons who like in the Makai are natural inhabitants, they would consequently resist. The fact he would use his mind hax against humans is furthered proven by the fact that he started off with Mind Manip against his only human opponent in the entire series (that being Yusuke). And it makes sense that he resists it since he's part Demon. Context is key.

As for Erza's resistance, there exists some weaknesses of it. In order to resist these eye-based techniques, she needs to close her real eye. Along with this, she had prior knowledge in both instances which allowed her to know that she had to close her eye ahead of time. In this fight she has no such prior knowledge on any of Hiei's abilities.

As for telepathy, he was able to read Kurama's mind and send Botan a telepathic message. As for uses in combat, he was able to track Seiryu and Suzaku with his telepathic abilities whilst avoiding traps and what not.

Has a pseudo-substitute ability that allows him to feign enemy attacks. Shown even more here.

Has mid-low regen which will help recover some wounds.

His sword of darkness was able to kill Kuro who already assimilated a resistance to his normal flames with his Machi armor. Blatant feat of bypassing someone's heat resistance.

Fighting Style/Mindset
Botan states he will do whatever necessary in order to defeat an opponent. This is further evidenced by the fact that Hiei was willing to sacrifice his left arm in order to beat Shigure later down in the series. So yeah, he'll give up everything just to take a W.

Hiei is a far more ruthless fighter than Erza. Has no qualms with ripping off someone's arm, effortlessly slicing up demons, stabbing someone through the head or even the heart. It's even confirmed he gets satisfaction from killing people. He would definitely go for the kill right away.

DragonEmperor23 said:
But the fire isn't different because it's black, it's because it's God Slaying Fire and that's > Dragon Slaying fire. Like saying Piccolo could oneshot Superman because Piccolo and Kyrptonite are both green.
False equivalency. Piccolo and Kryptonite have absolutely nothing to do with each other. You'd be remiss to say that black supernatural flames that are outright superior to normal red flames aren't alike.

Also, Dragon Slaying magic, as shown by that one Phantom Lord dude who countered Natsu with regular flames, aren't innately superior to normal flames. Theyre just super-effective against dragons. However, as shown with both Zancrow vs Natsu and Wendy vs Sherria, God Flames superior in raw power to the other.

As for votes:

Hiei: 7 (RotofBots, Hagane no saiyajin, TheC2, Callsign Castle, SSBXeno573, Supawa, Milly Rocking Bandit)

Erza: 5 (Hst Master, Schnee One, 1997KD, Sins of Man, Anonymous Black)

That's grace for incon?

If I missed anyone, I truly apologize.

Because Erza's (quite frankly ridiculous) AP advantage seems to be in question for some reason. Natsu shrugs off 33 kilotons with ease, a weakened Erza can one shot amped people who are casually stronger than Natsu in base, stronger armors like Purgatory and Adamantine Armor are multiple times stronger/more durable than her base and they get one shot by attacks weaker tha what Armadura Fairy and Clear Heart can easily match and beat.

CH/AF Erza > people >>> stronger armors >>> normal armors > weakened Erza >>> Aria amped > Aria base >> Natsu = 33 kilotons. The AP boost for Hiei does absolutely nothing since he gets godstomped. Any and all arguments concerning Flame Empress are irrelevant when she can tank the stuff any way unless these flames are dura neg.

@DragonEmperor

>Like saying Piccolo could oneshot Superman because Piccolo and Kyrptonite are both green.

You monster. But you're right.

>Match

This is why FT matches are a mess.

First, you can't say that if Yusuke beat people with that experience advantage Erza could do the same. That's a feat for Yusuke and Erza has never replicated such a thing at this point of the series. It's like me saying that Luffy could beat the Gotei 13's Captains because he's more skilled and experienced in battles than Ichigo without a single on instance where he did that to people with that experience advantage.

Second, the Heavenly Wheel Armor is an argument that I'm pretty sure shouldn't even count. I don't remember a single instance where Erza used those 200 swords in mid-combat effectively. She summoned 200 swords to launch them in a straight line to Laxus' Thunder Palace, not to fight anyone. The biggest feat I remember is she using tens of swords. Impressive, but it's not 200.

Third, Flame Empress Armor's resistance is pretty bad. It scales from Natsu who's heat feat is barely melting Taurus' axe with direct contact and barely a drop of metal was separated from the axe. On top of that, it halves the power, nothing comparable to actually resisting and no-selling. Other armors are better choices in this fight tbh, and using the FEA (ugly woman in spanish) would be useless since Hiei apparently resists fire better than Erza does.

Fourth, I have to ask the definitive scaling for the 7-C's in FT. I always found it really confusing. The way I see it, Erza is superior to Base Natsu, who resisted the 33KT blast but is still inferior to it.

Fifth, Erza has the edge in versatility and mobility, but some armors don't help much here. Clear Heart, Fairy Armor and Adamantine are the best options here.

You could argue that his Jao Ensatsu is indeed High 7-C since it has half the AP of the mastered version which has a 500 kiloton feat ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

The real cal howard said:
False equivalency. Piccolo and Kryptonite have absolutely nothing to do with each other. You'd be remiss to say that black supernatural flames that are outright superior to normal red flames aren't alike.

Also, Dragon Slaying magic, as shown by that one Phantom Lord dude who countered Natsu with regular flames, aren't innately superior to normal flames. Theyre just super-effective against dragons. However, as shown with both Zancrow vs Natsu and Wendy vs Sherria, God Flames superior in raw power to the other.
My point was that being black is the only supernatural element they share.

Totomaru, yes. I forgot about that fight so I double checked it. Totomaru's flames didn't counter Natsu's flames, he manipulated Natsu's Dragon Slaying fire and his own fire attacks were ineffective against Natsu. He was beaten by Natsu making more of his Dragon Slaying Flames. God Slaying magic is also different from Dragon Slaying magic, as seen with Wind God Slaying magic giving Sherria regen but the Dragon Slaying magic counterpart not doing anything like that.

I don't know if the grace is over for incon, but after reading over this entire thread, I'm throwing in a vote for Hiei based on the reasoning above. That makes the vote total of 8 for Hiei and 5 for Erza

Grace couldn't have ended when it didn't even start. The Versus thread rules state:

• A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.
So yeah... It only now ended 8-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back