• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With speed equalized? I actually see Erza winning this high diff due to reequip magic, (With regular speed, Zoro wins), but yeah, Erza, High diff

Zoro. Erza has the weakness that her stats are listed as a composite of what she can achieve using the best armor for that stat, but she can't actually have all of them at once. Zoro is just always as strong as he is and can take advantage of whatever weakness the armor erza picks at the time has.

Plus with equal speed, Zoros precog haki gives him too much of an edge in what is going to be a melee sword fight.

Plus 'armor to protect them' doesn't help erza at all outside of her initial stat calculation, those armor are already factored into her durability they aren't added on top after the fact.

A Sword Dancer said:
Zoro. Erza has the weakness that her stats are listed as a composite of what she can achieve using the best armor for that stat, but she can't actually have all of them at once. Zoro is just always as strong as he is and can take advantage of whatever weakness the armor erza picks at the time has.
Plus with equal speed, Zoros precog haki gives him too much of an edge in what is going to be a melee sword fight.
Pretty much this. Going with Zoro.

Erza without armors is her level (at least in dura) because ( i know its bad explanation) she could tank a lot of attacks with her "power of nakama red trousers that grants nothing ". So they grant more but not enough to change a tier.

Either Erza's armors are useful and contribute to her stats, or they aren't important and don't contribute to their stats. I'm going to assume the former, seeing as how they appear to be what her entire fighting style revolves around.

The armors are imprtant but they dont change her tier. They allow her to beat opponents slightly stronger than she but they wont grant her much more firepower. A lot of them are situational (resistances against elements, immunity to magic, flight, additional speed, abiltity to attack intangibles). They are improtant but her tier is same with and without them (at least post timeskip, pre timeskip i would say they were improving her dura a lot)

LTB2000 said:
Regardless if Erza's good without the armors, she's not getting past Zoro's precog.
She actually can via overwhelming him with flying sword attacks. I say Erza wins. PLus her Nakagami Armor cuts through space last I checked.

You do know what precognition is right, and zoro would just slice all those swords away. And the Nakagami armor only bends magic to her will, something that zoro doesn't use at all.

Yes I know what precognition is. But even then the user can indeed be overwhelmed....'

And also about Nakagami Starlight....

Nakagami Starlight: An attack that slashes midair and cuts a hole through it and open the space.

If you're assuming the swords would only come in a straight line from the front and that Erza only sends 10 at a time, then yeah, he can block them.

He can't really deal with over 200 swords coming at him at the same time from different angles.

He also doesn't have a counter for this.

Erza takes this.

Also that armor won't really help cause of Precognition, zoro would either parry or back up. And the 200 swords thing would drain erza of her magic and zoro can use Tatsumaki to blow the swords away.

Yeah, that's really not enough. At this point, Erza needs at least the 3 vote difference then it can be added.

It doesn't need to touch the opponent to damage them. Meaning she can strike his body directly. Blocking is a waste of time. If he backs up, she sends the rest of the swords after him, or requips again and throws 200+ swords at him.

NotEvenHuman said:
If you're assuming the swords would only come in a straight line from the front and that Erza only sends 10 at a time, then yeah, he can block them.
He can't really deal with over 200 swords coming at him at the same time from different angles.
Tatsumaki zoro
always a way

I mean, he can do this as a defense mechanism.

Not sure about that other statement, though

Eh, i guess he could do that. Meanwhile, once Erza realizes that the first swords to make contact were blocked by that attack, she stops them in mid-air and waits until the attack is done to send them in again. Sure, he could keep spamming the move, but he would get tired eventually, and then it's not a fight anymore.

Man the lack of notifications are killing me I can't keep up with these comments...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Man the lack of notifications are killing me I can't keep up with these comments...
I thought that problem was gone? Anyway, you can just keep the recent wiki activity page open in another tab.

Yeah and if we think about it Erza is smart enough to strategize mid battle.

LTB2000 said:
You do know that erza gets drained by summoning more swords right?
Of course she gets drained, it spends magical power. 200 is a piece of cake though, and she doesn't need any more than that.

NotEvenHuman said:
LTB2000 said:
Of course she gets drained, it spends magical power. 200 is a piece of cake though, and she doesn't need any more than that.
Zoro can just run away and avoid sword spam or knock them out of the air. Listing the techniques one character has in a vacuum doesn't prove anything. That's why 'IT Kamehameha' isn't enough of an agument for goku to win all of his fights.

LTB2000 said:
Remember this isn't Festival Arc Erza where summoning over 100 swords was an issue...post battle with Laxus in which she used magic power...

She probably would need more than 200 since his swords are more durable (since they're rare and they can also be coated with haki) than the random ones she throws.

And then she tanked the lightning bolts from the 100 Thunder Palaces she destroyed.

A Sword Dancer said:
NotEvenHuman said:
LTB2000 said:
Zoro can just run away and avoid sword spam or knock them out of the air. Listing the techniques one character has in a vacuum doesn't prove anything. That's why 'IT Kamehameha' isn't enough of an agument for goku to win all of his fights.
Running away doesn't grant him the win, only tires him out. He can't knock 200+ swords out of the air at the same time. His only chance is CQC, but even then Nakagami Starlight and Wingblade Armor should give her the win. Then you add her Telekinesis, that she can use to move his swords.... yeah, Zoro can't really win this.

And what does that have to do with anything? What matters is not if Zoro can break the swords or not. What matters is if Zoro can defend against over 200 swords coming at him from different angles at almost the same time. The thing is, he can't.

Don't forget she can control them to stop and move the swords out of range from that spin attack.

And then all she has to do is use Nakagami Starlight when his guard is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back