• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza Scarlet vs Kingler

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Yeah...this is pretty much just...

"Can Erza exploit Kingler's weaknesses before Kingler melts her?"

Speed equalized. Both High 7-A.

099 Gigantamax Kingler
Erza Scarlet With Cape

Hard to say really kingler has probably the better power set so It will likely come down to whoever has the most physical strength:which is likely erza from what I recall.

Kingler stomps

1 GMax Foam Burst and it's guaranteed GG since it halves Erza's speed

And it's entirely in-character for Kingler to pull that out of his *ss from the get-go

And it's also entirely in-character for Kingler to spam it, reducing Erza's speed even more

So despite the AP advantage Erza has, Kingler should stomp

It’s not a Stomp if the opponent has a wincon, but never gets to use it. If Erza has the AP advantage, that means it’s specifically not a Stomp because she could always beat Kingler down, it’s just unlikely. A Stomp is something like putting Goku against Mewtwo, when Mewtwo has thought-based Mind Control.

I just looked at their speeds at and kingler is at least five times faster, so this is a bit stompy.

ok so

The reason why I think it's a stomp is cause Erza's main wincon, Lightning Empress, is not a leading move in-character

GMax Foam Burst is a leading move in-character, and it's spammable, plus it's not his only speed-lowering move. Max Strike also slows

Despite Erza's AP advantage, Kingler can take a few hits and slow Erza down by 4 times

Then he can just spam other moves like Max Knuckle and Max Steelspike to raise his stats so high that Erza can't touch him,

A: That means they Ezra does, in fact, have a win-con, therefore meaning it’s not a Stomp.
B and C: I don’t think it literally halves someone’s Speed, that’s just the effect in the games. Then again, I don’t think we have any other value of how much it slows, so halving works I guess.
Lastly, lets not forget the Bubbles that Kingler spits out do, in fact, work as an Acid and can even melt foes. Would that apply to his Foam Burst, which I will assume has Bubbles?

“Well I don’t think it does.”
Well that is what it does in-game. Can you show any lore that proves it as just game mechanics? If we don’t have a value outside of the game, why would we not use the game?

That’s... what I said. I legit agreed with your post before you even sent it, lol. Read again: ‘Then again, I don’t think it has any other value for how much it slows, so that works I guess.’
I’d like to note I’m not disagreeing here, I’m just further elaborating on the Wincons for everyone and establishing how this isn’t a stomp

(I worry I'll regret getting involved in a Pokemon vs Fairy Tail Versus Thread Match at all, but....)

Indeed, AFAIK, we don't have other values for how much the move effects modify stats, so the in-game values are the main actual numbers we have.
There's also that non-Pokemon don't have a known limit to how high or low their stats can be modified, unlike Pokemon, but anyway.

Whee, stat stages.

For Attack, Defense, Special, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed

Stage multipliers
Stage-6-5-4-3-2-10+1+2+3+4+5+6
Gen I-II25/10028/10033/10040/10050/10066/100100/100150/100200/100250/100300/100350/100400/100
Gen III+2/82/72/62/52/42/32/23/24/25/26/27/28/2

Thanks, Bulbapedia. So, unlike with increases to above stage 0, which are just each +50% of base value, decreases to below 0 have diminishing returns on the decreases the lower a stage one goes to; Going from 0 to -2 is 100% to 50%, -2 to to 4 is 50$ to 33%, & -4 to -6 is 33% to 25%.

Of course, even without knowing how it could go, further along, if at all, being at one quarter speed (or lower.) could be quite problematic.

Back