• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eri vs Spider(Man) 1-0-3 (Void)

ElixirBlue

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Eri vs the Tarantula, both are 10-C

Speed Equalized

Fight takes place in Eri's hospital room and the window is open.

Tarantula crawled into the hospital room while Eri was out for a check up.

Win conditions: First one to die or leave the room loses.

Eri: 1 (Phoenks)

Tarantula Goliath:

Inconclusive: 3 (The God Of Procrastination, Madotsuki24, Tonygameman)

F0DD1DE4-FC45-4281-8653-0B2A33F33EE1

Change Eri to starting on the floor. If she starts on the bed it'll just lead to her being practically forced to attack it: in which case she one shots. Off the bed she probably would just walk out of the room.

Ok since the starting location was change. Eri walks in the room, sees a tarantula, and immediately turns around and leaves. Not a stomp since Eri would one shot horribly if she actually attacked it but there is zero reason for her to try that. Though I'm not sure if the win condition of leaving the room would count as spite. Really this could just be normal self bfr for Eri rather than having the room be the loss condition. Like she can't have adults kill the spider due to that being out side help so she'll probably just change rooms and self bfr herself properly.

It wasn't out of spite. There are situations I've noticed in versus matches where people don't consider self BFR as an option.

Strange as it is, it's not like we are Death Battle, where every match needs to end in a death.

For example, there are tons of characters in fiction that have special powers used in fights without it ever leading to death. Or rather, those powers can't kill.

Sorry for not commenting earlier. I was eating and I'm going to work soon. I'll probably wait to vote for now. I'm leaning to the Tarantula but it depends on how Eri reacts to insects.

I'm not voting just yet, but normally people's reactions to scary insects is to kill them so that they don't have to worry about them any more. Couldn't Eri easily do that?

My little sister tends to run away and gets someone to deal with spiders for her so idk

I also don't see Eri killing the Tarantula herself when she doesn't have to.

ElixirBlue said:
I also don't see Eri killing the Tarantula herself when she doesn't have to.
Sorry, I worded my sentence wrong, I meant to do say that I don't see any reason why Eri wouldn't run away.

Well, if Eri self BFR's herself to get outside assistance, it's pretty much a lost. Not a stomp since if she had the courage to face the spider by herself, she would one shot.

Wait, we don't know that. There is a chance because it's never been stated how Eri feels about Insects like Koda and Present Mic. Jiro, for example, is fine with insects.

Eri's feels towards insects is Unknown. While she is likely afraid of spiders, we have characters in-universe showing fear and tolerance towards insects.

Back