• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deku (Pre-Final Act) vs Spider-Man (Total Mayhem) [1-0-0]

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
This 15% Deku vs Black Suit Spider-Man, the fight takes place in one of the fake cities of U.A. and both characters are fighting each other for a training exercise so no killing but anything else goes. Deku is allowed to go up to 20% if he needs it and both sides are going in with only a somewhat vague understanding of each other as fighters but not what their powers are.

Deku : 1

Spider-Man :

Incon :

Last edited:
136.5 kilotons vs 1 megaton is quite a stomp unless the 14x AP one shot gap is accepted.
even ignoring the "official" gap change
taking attacks from someone nearly 10x stronger than you will cripple you incredibly quickly.

i know izuku's stamina is insane, but even then.

Main problem here is obviously spider sense. Seems to be one of the actually good versions of it with the slow down so Deku landing hits is disgustingly hard. On top of that, he has the AP disadvantage by about 1.8x when starting in 15%, so Black Suit Spidey hurts a lot.

On the other hand, Spider Man is going up against someone who can endure hits from him like crazy. Analytical Prediction + the far bigger shockwaves he can make in this key can help if he catches Spider Man off guard or at the right time. Deku SLAMS in terms of Lifting Strength, on top of his own Blackwhip being more than capable of letting him keep up in mobility.

The clincher here is, of course, Deku amping to 20%. This increases his stats to be 2x Black Suit Spider Man’s. It also increases Deku’s speed so Spider Sense becomes at least somewhat more manageable, and since Deku is the faster Character, it doesn’t result in a null match. Deku tends to save 20% for the end of fights, so the likelihood of him using it and then just bashing his head against Black Suit Spider-Man until he wins is high.

It honestly comes down to 20% speed amp vs Spider Sense.

At 15%, Deku’s main options of cqc and Air Force are heavily limited by spider sense and the AP gap, meaning he’s gonna be taking a beating. The damage he takes isn’t as bad as you might think though, as Deku can power through Flect Turn, who is 4x him at 15%, punching him around. Enduring Spidey’s hits for several minutes to possibly half an hour is more than likely, which gives him a long time to analyze his fighting style and movements. The big thing for all of this, of course, is if Deku can grab Spider Man with Blackwhip. If he manages to use 20% to speed through Spidey Sense and then Blackwhip to grab him, he can lay some kicks to the head that can put Spider Man in a far worse position.

Not throwing my vote yet, but the way I see it:

15% Deku has the stamina and LS to withstand anything Spidey throws at him for a long time, but on the other hand can’t deal damage in return outside of his biggest shockwave attacks due to Spider Sense.

20% Deku’s Speed and AP amp, however, put Spider-Man in a far worse position to get grabbed, especially since Deku will be understanding and analyzing his movements and abilities throughout the entire 15% battle. Whether it’s enough to beat Peter into submission, unknown, as it depends on how many times he can lay into him with his attacks.

If 20% Deku catches Spider Man with Blackwhip, I can definitively say he’s beating him with some Iron Sole kicks to the head, but if he can’t predict and speed amp through Spider Sense, he’s got no chance.

Main problem here is obviously spider sense. Seems to be one of the actually good versions of it with the slow down so Deku landing hits is disgustingly hard. On top of that, he has the AP disadvantage by about 1.8x when starting in 15%, so Black Suit Spidey hurts a lot.

On the other hand, Spider Man is going up against someone who can endure hits from him like crazy. Analytical Prediction + the far bigger shockwaves he can make in this key can help if he catches Spider Man off guard or at the right time. Deku SLAMS in terms of Lifting Strength, on top of his own Blackwhip being more than capable of letting him keep up in mobility.

The clincher here is, of course, Deku amping to 20%. This increases his stats to be 2x Black Suit Spider Man’s. It also increases Deku’s speed so Spider Sense becomes at least somewhat more manageable, and since Deku is the faster Character, it doesn’t result in a null match. Deku tends to save 20% for the end of fights, so the likelihood of him using it and then just bashing his head against Black Suit Spider-Man until he wins is high.

It honestly comes down to 20% speed amp vs Spider Sense.

At 15%, Deku’s main options of cqc and Air Force are heavily limited by spider sense and the AP gap, meaning he’s gonna be taking a beating. The damage he takes isn’t as bad as you might think though, as Deku can power through Flect Turn, who is 4x him at 15%, punching him around. Enduring Spidey’s hits for several minutes to possibly half an hour is more than likely, which gives him a long time to analyze his fighting style and movements. The big thing for all of this, of course, is if Deku can grab Spider Man with Blackwhip. If he manages to use 20% to speed through Spidey Sense and then Blackwhip to grab him, he can lay some kicks to the head that can put Spider Man in a far worse position.

Not throwing my vote yet, but the way I see it:

15% Deku has the stamina and LS to withstand anything Spidey throws at him for a long time, but on the other hand can’t deal damage in return outside of his biggest shockwave attacks due to Spider Sense.

20% Deku’s Speed and AP amp, however, put Spider-Man in a far worse position to get grabbed, especially since Deku will be understanding and analyzing his movements and abilities throughout the entire 15% battle. Whether it’s enough to beat Peter into submission, unknown, as it depends on how many times he can lay into him with his attacks.

If 20% Deku catches Spider Man with Blackwhip, I can definitively say he’s beating him with some Iron Sole kicks to the head, but if he can’t predict and speed amp through Spider Sense, he’s got no chance.
This is pretty thorough, though I will say that there is one thing you're not taking into account here and that's Spidey's combat applicable High-Low Regen.

This is pretty thorough, though I will say that there is one thing you're not taking into account here and that's Spidey's combat applicable High-Low Regen.
Hit him harder in the head? Several boots to the skull with the double impact of his Iron Soles and the 2x AP gap should be enough to even put low-high down for a little while. He just has to grab him with Blackwhip and Spidey can’t really do anything in return, even with Black Suit tendrils since Deku would just face tank them.

Hit him harder in the head? Several boots to the skull with the double impact of his Iron Soles and the 2x AP gap should be enough to even put low-high down for a little while. He just has to grab him with Blackwhip and Spidey can’t really do anything in return, even with Black Suit tendrils since Deku would just face tank them.
He can not only make tendrils but spikes as well, those could probably cut Blackwhip off of him and allow him to continue dodging.

He can not only make tendrils but spikes as well, those could probably cut Blackwhip off of him and allow him to continue dodging.
Deku only needs Blackwhip for a second to grab and yank him into a kick. He can’t restrain him forever, especially in this key since he can’t have Blackwhip out perma anyway, but making him have to deal with Blackwhip makes his 20% speed amp more useful. Spidey has less time to react than before since Deku’s faster on top of still dealing with the shockwaves which are even bigger now.

Deku only needs Blackwhip for a second to grab and yank him into a kick. He can’t restrain him forever, especially in this key since he can’t have Blackwhip out perma anyway, but making him have to deal with Blackwhip makes his 20% speed amp more useful. Spidey has less time to react than before since Deku’s faster on top of still dealing with the shockwaves which are even bigger now.
That is true, but if he can manage to tilt his body enough to avoid the attack while being yanked (something he should be capable of considering the Symbiote Suit grants him limited flight and increases the capability of all his base state's abilities) then he could cut the Blackwhip off of him and know to look out for that better, especially when he realizes Izuku can't just spam it the whole time.

That is true, but if he can manage to tilt his body enough to avoid the attack while being yanked (something he should be capable of considering the Symbiote Suit grants him limited flight and increases the capability of all his base state's abilities) then he could cut the Blackwhip off of him and know to look out for that better, especially when he realizes Izuku can't just spam it the whole time.
And Deku knows he can do all of that when he’s fighting him at 15% (also that limited flight seems pretty bad). Thats where the analytical predictions becomes useful since he can predict Spidey’s movements at this point to adapt. Spidey by that point in the fight already knows about Blackwhip the issue is that it’s faster now + Deku reading his moves to catch him even when he dodges like he did when Gentle tried to hastily create a barrier. And Deku can spam Blackwhip as much as he wants it just doesn’t last forever like his later key.

And Deku knows he can do all of that when he’s fighting him at 15% (also that limited flight seems pretty bad). Thats where the analytical predictions becomes useful since he can predict Spidey’s movements at this point to adapt. Spidey by that point in the fight already knows about Blackwhip the issue is that it’s faster now. And Deku can spam Blackwhip as much as he wants it just doesn’t last forever like his later key.
It's not ideal, but it can be useful in certain scenarios. Oh yeah, Spidey can also create shockwaves with his strikes so long as he hits the ground or unleashes them in a blast of webbing. They're not as useful as Deku's but I'm sure it could catch him off-guard if timed properly, especially if he starts using afterimages too. I know Deku can do that as well but it's still something neat I don't see a lot of Spideys have so I wanted to mention it.

Deku's Shockwave are quite a bit bigger and more useful since he can just punch the air and send them out. A kick from 15-20% is enough to create a mini tornado so he wins the range game and will near instantly understand how Spidey's Shockwaves work since they're far more limited. And both of their afterimages aren't that useful in combat.

Nothing in the fight is really ideal for Deku but he has the tools for it. With the speed boost and his predictions, all he has to do is get past the spidey sense a few times and land some hits to the head. Blackwhip and shockwave usage are his best friends as he just forces his way through and overwhelms the opposition that cant really respond to his options other than dodging through precog, which is less effective against his higher speed, predictions and AoE.

Also, let's not forget that the spidey sense isn't perfect in the slightest.

For instance: how did he get all his ribs cracked in the first place? He fought Rhino, who I think we all know is not exactly a tactical, versatile fighter. If even Rhino can find a way to score hits on Spidey, 20% Deku can definitely predict and break some bones himself.

Alright then, I concede. You've convinced me that Deku wins this so I'll count your vote. I'm kind of curious how this would've played out if he was only limited to 15% though, not that I'm gonna change it, might just save that for a separate thread.

Also, let's not forget that the spidey sense isn't perfect in the slightest.

For instance: how did he get all his ribs cracked in the first place? He fought Rhino, who I think we all know is not exactly a tactical, versatile fighter. If even Rhino can find a way to score hits on Spidey, 20% Deku can definitely predict and break some bones himself.
I’m not saying Deku doesn’t win, but this point is kind of disingenuous. Consistently, Spider-Man can easily dodge attacks from opponents far more skilled than Rhino could ever dream of being. We’re using Spider-Man at his best here, remember

Again, not saying Deku doesn’t win. Just that this point isn’t being completely fair

I’m not saying Deku doesn’t win, but this point is kind of disingenuous. Consistently, Spider-Man can easily dodge attacks from opponents far more skilled than Rhino could ever dream of being. We’re using Spider-Man at his best here, remember

Again, not saying Deku doesn’t win. Just that this point isn’t being completely fair
I’m not saying it’s bad, his spider sense is good, but it’s not invincible like many people take it to be. Rhino CAN land hits on Spider Man, heck anyone in his rogues gallery is capable of it, so it’s not like it’s an auto win ability. Rhino being able to crack his ribs in their fight is just evidence that against someone faster than him that is predicting and adjusting to his fighting style and movement, Spidey isn’t exactly gonna just precog null every attack or plan Deku has.

I’m not saying it’s bad, his spider sense is good, but it’s not invincible like many people take it to be. Rhino CAN land hits on Spider Man, heck anyone in his rogues gallery is capable of it, so it’s not like it’s an auto win ability. Rhino being able to crack his ribs in their fight is just evidence that against someone faster than him that is predicting and adjusting to his fighting style and movement, Spidey isn’t exactly gonna just precog null every attack or plan Deku has.
There’s only evidence that Rhino ever landed one attack on Spider-Man during their fight in the game and again, Spider-Man consistently dodges attacks from more skilled and agile opponents with his natural speed and Spider-Sense with great ease FAR more consistently than he was ever hit by Rhino (which was like….once). Hell, this version of Spider-Man can accurately foresee and react to teleporting attacks. My point being, the way you phrased it made it sound like Spider-Man could just becomes a deer in headlights which is far from the truth of the matter. And it’s not as if Rhino was constantly pummeling him either. Along with the fact that his Spider-Sense briefly amplifies his speed, I feel like you merely treating the Spider-Sense as a danger alarm rather than the potent ability it really is. It’s a pattern I see a lot of people repeat with several versions of Spider-Man

Also, are you aware that this version of Spider-Man isn’t the mainline one, because with how you mentioned his rogues gallery, I’m getting the feeling you don’t know this is a game version of him

Last edited:
Back