• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think it's a stomp due to the absurd AP and speed advantage and for Rutsy's reasons, but if you want to continue the match, so be it

These aren't real life bullets, though.
They still function like real bullets, and should be subject to powerful enough wind currents just like normal bullets are.

They still function like real bullets, and should be subject to powerful enough wind currents just like normal bullets are.
Wind currents 3× weaker and 5× slower than themselves.

This is probably irrelevant to the debate, though. People seem to believe that the Gun Devil stomps.

I say Gun Devil can still spam bullets at a higher rate than Deku can spam air pressure attacks. not to mention he fires so many bullets it's not even a guarantee that no bullets will hit him.

I say Gun Devil can still spam bullets at a higher rate than Deku can spam air pressure attacks. not to mention he fires so many bullets it's not even a guarantee that no bullets will hit him.
Of course, not a guarantee, but it helps.

I don't really think it's a stomp. I would say heavily in favor of Gun Devil, but Deku with his prior knowledge, black whip, pressure attacks, and analytical prediction could potentially pull out a win if he uses them right.

Oh.... I mean wouldn't he break his arms if he try to reflect every bullet of gun devil
he would
This is a massive stomp in the gun devils favor, if not because of the AP, Range, and Durability factors, then the sheer attack speed that the gun devil has (5x) is enough to send Deku into a damn coma with ease.
There are bullets all 5x faster, 4x stronger (23.5 kt vs 5.8), and coming from kilometers away.
Unless we want to take the statement of the mid gauntlets reinforcing his entire body as a literal statement, and thus say everything but his head has 7-A+ durability, Deku’s getting treated like a pin cushion

Deku's mid gauntlets are specifically designed to help his body withstand One For All, and his Iron Soles have withstood full powered 100% attacks

Deku currently has a nearly x3 AP and dura advantage, plus his Analytical prediction plus Danger sense allows Deku to circumvent all of Gun Devil's attacks by simply spamming massive AOE. Sure, he can't dodge any of the bullets due to the speed difference, but the speed doesn't matter when A. Starting range isn't long enough to prevent Deku from attacking him, and B. DETROITOOOOO SMAAAAASSHUUUUH can just massive AOE air blast deflect all of the bullets away and give Deku enough ground to either punch Gun Devil in the face or treat him as collateral as he tears up the entire battlefield Saitama style

Before you say Deku can't use massive attacks, he's entirely capable of creating those attacks at a lower scale when using lower levels of OFA due to Air Force granting him air blasts and also this

Pretty much the second Deku touches Gun Devil, it's over, and he can do that very very easily.

Voting Deku

Deku scales massively above from the 4.22 Kiloton end, not the 66 kiloton end.
considering how the 4.22 kilotons end is performed by a character on par with 10% Deku who is now using triple that percent PLUS 2 arcs worth of training, it's safe to assume Deku can still keep up AP wise, especially since the difference between percentages is exponential, not linnear

My point still stands. Deku airblasts Gun Devil to death

considering how the 4.22 kilotons end is performed by a character on par with 10% Deku who is now using triple that percent PLUS 2 arcs worth of training, it's safe to assume Deku can still keep up AP wise, especially since the difference between percentages is exponential, not linnear

No he does not triple his AP, he upscales to 5.8 kilotons
dont ask me why you can take it up in the general thread

This is incorrect.

Deku is scaling an unknown amount above baseline 7-C or 5.8 Kilotons. This is the rating we've given him.

The only thing that scales to 66 Kilotons is Howitzer Impact and Cluster. Bakugo's Howitzer Impact is a super move that is FAR beyond his normal stats. The 4.22 Kilotons comes from how much energy hit Bakugo via the inverse square law. There is nothing that supports 30% Izuku to scale to 66 Kilotons.

We do not linear scale Izuku's percentages, by that logic 5% would be 37 MT or 7-B. Or 100% would be 102 Tons of TNT or 8-A by going the other direction.

Izuku's percentages don't follow actual percentages and are ignored. That's why 5% is High 8-C yet 10% is Low 7-C+. And 100% is 7-A+

This is incorrect.

Deku is scaling an unknown amount above baseline 7-C or 5.8 Kilotons. This is the rating we've given him.

The only thing that scales to 66 Kilotons is Howitzer Impact and Cluster. Bakugo's Howitzer Impact is a super move that is FAR beyond his normal stats. The 4.22 Kilotons comes from how much energy hit Bakugo via the inverse square law. There is nothing that supports 30% Izuku to scale to 66 Kilotons.

We do not linear scale Izuku's percentages, by that logic 5% would be 37 MT or 7-B. Or 100% would be 102 Tons of TNT or 8-A by going the other direction.

Izuku's percentages don't follow actual percentages and are ignored. That's why 5% is High 8-C yet 10% is Low 7-C+. And 100% is 7-A+
1. Ok so Deku scales to 5.8 kilotons except he uses triple the percentage plus 2 arcs of training. You literally said the same thing as me except instead of using 4.22 kilotons, you used 5.8 kilotons, reinforcing my point
2. Thast's literally what I said.

"considering how the 4.22 kilotons end is performed by a character on par with 10% Deku who is now using triple that percent PLUS 2 arcs worth of training, it's safe to assume Deku can still keep up AP wise, especially since the difference between percentages is exponential, not linear"

I literally said this

Meaning the difference between 10% and 30% is FAR more than just x3

further reinforcing my point

1. Ok so Deku scales to 5.8 kilotons except he uses triple the percentage plus 2 arcs of training. You literally said the same thing as me except instead of using 4.22 kilotons, you used 5.8 kilotons, reinforcing my point
2. Thast's literally what I said.

"considering how the 4.22 kilotons end is performed by a character on par with 10% Deku who is now using triple that percent PLUS 2 arcs worth of training, it's safe to assume Deku can still keep up AP wise, especially since the difference between percentages is exponential, not linear"

I literally said this

Meaning the difference between 10% and 30% is FAR more than just x3

further reinforcing my point
I haven't read MHA, so I'm just taking a guess based on what was said here, but unless the different between percentages is shown to be a consistent exponential increase, than you can't assume a linear OR exponential increase in power between percentages. But rather, a random/arbitrary increase which would just be vaguely scaling above a feat.

Based on what I'm seeing on the profile, the exponential increase between percentages isn't at ALL consistently exponential, and seems more random. Since an 100% consistent exponential increase between the percentages can't be defined, they just assume a random increase as that's what's been shown. Which results in "higher with" in which he vaguely scales above a value from in their lower percentage states.

I haven't read MHA, so I'm just taking a guess based on what was said here, but unless the different between percentages is shown to be a consistent exponential increase, than you can't assume a linear OR exponential increase in power between percentages. But rather, a random/arbitrary increase which would just be vaguely scaling above a feat.

Based on what I'm seeing on the profile, the exponential increase between percentages isn't at ALL consistently exponential, and seems more random. Since an 100% consistent exponential increase between the percentages can't be defined, they just assume a random increase as that's what's been shown. Which results in "higher with" in which he vaguely scales above a value from in their lower percentage states.
1. Even in early MHA, Deku with 5% is barely above High 8C, while 100% is 7A.
His 45% wasn't able to significantly injure OFA Shigaraki besides a couple of bruises, while his 100% could shatter bone and tear off a part of his face plus destroy his eye
Differences in percentages are never shown tobe linear

Differences in percentages are never shown tobe linear
I never said they were linear, I said they were never consistently exponential. If it was hypothetically shown or stated that each percent increased raised Deku's power by 100x (An arbitrary number) (meaning the jump between 1% and 2% hypothetically would be a 100x increase), than sure, we could assume an exponential increase between the percents (Assuming it wasn't contradicted). However, the exponential increase is never consistent. He can go from being hundreds of times stronger with a few percentage increase, to tens of thousands of times stronger in a less significant increase. So since it's not consistent, we can't assume the increase in percentages are exponential. I said the same thing for linear increases. That since a linear increase was never shown and isn't consistent, we can't assume linear growth either. Thus the actual increase in power based on percentage increase is unknown and thus we can only assume they upscale from their previous value unless they demonstrate a feat that is far superior.

I never said they were linear, I said they were never consistently exponential. If it was hypothetically shown or stated that each percent increased raised Deku's power by 100x (An arbitrary number) (meaning the jump between 1% and 2% hypothetically would be a 100x increase), than sure, we could assume an exponential increase between the percents (Assuming it wasn't contradicted). However, the exponential increase is never consistent. He can go from being hundreds of times stronger with a few percentage increase, to tens of thousands of times stronger in a less significant increase. So since it's not consistent, we can't assume the increase in percentages are exponential. I said the same thing for linear increases. That since a linear increase was never shown and isn't consistent, we can't assume linear growth either. Thus the actual increase in power based on percentage increase is unknown and thus we can only assume they upscale from their previous value unless they demonstrate a feat that is far superior.
It's never been linear
It's also never been consistently exponential
but the percentages consistently increase Deku's power by way more than what you'd normally expect. The difference between 20% and 30% is more than x1.5. The difference between 5% and 100% is way more than 20 times. It's consistently way more than the percentages imply. Thus, we can assume that the AP advantage the Gun Devil has is either not significant or nonexistent. Considering all of Deku's other advantages, he can easily beat the Gun Devil back and abuse his massive stamina advantage to take him down

It's never been linear
Yes, like I said.
It's also never been consistently exponential
Agreed.
but the percentages consistently increase Deku's power by way more than what you'd normally expect. The difference between 20% and 30% is more than x1.5. The difference between 5% and 100% is way more than 20 times. It's consistently way more than the percentages imply. Thus, we can assume that the AP advantage the Gun Devil has is either not significant or nonexistent.
Nope. We assume the increase is random, as it's shown to be. Thus all we can do is assume it's arbitrarily above a lower percentage. Though I WOULD agree that the difference between the two should be negligible... IF the different was like 2x at most. Anything above a 2x advantage I would say is a noticeable/notable AP/Dura advantage/disadvantage.
Considering all of Deku's other advantages, he can easily beat the Gun Devil back and abuse his massive stamina advantage to take him down
As for those other advantages, I won't contest them as I didn't plan on voting (yet) and was hoping to see more back and forth about their advantages against each other.

Why are we still even talking about this, Deku gets stomped

He scales to 5.8 KT, stop complaining Mickey

Deku gets treated like a pincushion as a force over 4x his durability utterly obliterates him with attacks multiple times hit speed (It has a higher attack speed then it does combat speed, so it’s still faster than him)

Deku has literally no chance of winning

ESPECIALLY because he can’t fight from multiple kilometers away in 30%. 30% is a MELEE FIGHTER with a few extra hundred meters of range.

Deku only has kilometer level range with 100% which can’t be used for obvious reasons anything else is only hundreds of meters

Yes, like I said.

Agreed.

Nope. We assume the increase is random, as it's shown to be. Thus all we can do is assume it's arbitrarily above a lower percentage. Though I WOULD agree that the difference between the two should be negligible... IF the different was like 2x at most. Anything above a 2x advantage I would say is a noticeable/notable AP/Dura advantage/disadvantage.

As for those other advantages, I won't contest them as I didn't plan on voting (yet) and was hoping to see more back and forth about their advantages against each other.
The increase is always above x2 literally every time he's used it with the exception of going from NOT using it to 5%. Literally every time he changed percents he gets an explosive increase in power into the hundreds if not thousands if not even more. Thus, we can assume that at the barest minimum Deku doesn't have an AP disadvantage against Gun Devil

Why are we still even talking about this, Deku gets stomped

He scales to 5.8 KT, stop complaining Mickey

Deku gets treated like a pincushion as a force over 4x his durability utterly obliterates him with attacks multiple times hit speed (It has a higher attack speed then it does combat speed, so it’s still faster than him)

Deku has literally no chance of winning

ESPECIALLY because he can’t fight from multiple kilometers away in 30%. 30% is a MELEE FIGHTER with a few extra hundred meters of range.
Read my above post. 30% Deku is VASTLY above 5.8KT to the point that the AP advantage Devil has pretty much doesn't exist, especially since Deku has had enough time to train and learn 7 other quirks since WHM

Deku Danger Sense will let him know that he's being sniped and he can either use Air Blasts to batter the bullets away likepaper or just use Iron Soles and breakdance his way toward Gun Devil and kick him in the face. Iron Soles are High 7A and won't even be remotely scratched by Gun Devil's bullets.

Their speeds allow Deku to close hte distance almost instantly, and once he does it's over.

No amount of upscaling is going to close a nearly 5× AP gap, dude. It's not how it works.

Read my above post. 30% Deku is VASTLY above 5.8KT to the point that the AP advantage Devil has pretty much doesn't exist, especially since Deku has had enough time to train and learn 7 other quirks since WHM

Deku Danger Sense will let him know that he's being sniped and he can either use Air Blasts to batter the bullets away likepaper or just use Iron Soles and breakdance his way toward Gun Devil and kick him in the face. Iron Soles are High 7A and won't even be remotely scratched by Gun Devil's bullets.

Their speeds allow Deku to close hte distance almost instantly, and once he does it's over.
💀 💀 💀

The increase is always above x2 literally every time he's used it with the exception of going from NOT using it to 5%. Literally every time he changed percents he gets an explosive increase in power into the hundreds if not thousands if not even more. Thus, we can assume that at the barest minimum Deku doesn't have an AP disadvantage against Gun Devil
You hurt your point even more by bringing up an exception. Anyway, barring the exception, you still can't assume a difference of more than 2x simply based on the speculation that the increase is more than 2x because "WELL WELL, IN MOST OTHER INCREASES HIS POWER INCREASES BY A RANDOM ARBITRARY AMOUNT ABOVE A LINEAR AMOUNT!"

That just means the increases are random and solely dependent on the feats that percentage has that the author wrote into the series. We can't assume a random large number above 2x as that's speculation based on inconsistent data, regardless of if it's consistently above a linear amount.

I was asked to close this thread due to it being a stomp match. Is it fine if I do so?

You hurt your point even more by bringing up an exception. Anyway, barring the exception, you still can't assume a difference of more than 2x simply based on the speculation that the increase is more than 2x because "WELL WELL, IN MOST OTHER INCREASES HIS POWER INCREASES BY A RANDOM ARBITRARY AMOUNT ABOVE A LINEAR AMOUNT!"

That just means the increases are random and solely dependent on the feats that percentage has that the author wrote into the series. We can't assume a random large number above 2x as that's speculation based on inconsistent data, regardless of if it's consistently above a linear amount.
Barring the exception, quite literally literally every other "random" increase in power between percentages has been several hundreds if not thousands of times

I don't see what you guys are confused about. The increase has consistently been colossal, albeit hard to pinpoint. Therefore Deku should scale massively above the feat you guys are scaling him to

Considering literally all of Deku's other advantages, it shouldn't be a stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back