• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia) VS Gun Devil (Chainsaw Man)

k6gq3Kf.png
f31hCEw.png

Information:
  • 30% Deku is used.
  • The battle starts from a distance of 3.5km
  • Deku has prior knowledge of the Gun Devil.
  • Speed is equalized.

Last edited:
Deku was born in July, so at least the Gun Devil can't go "Homing Attack GG" and pierce his heart.

But, can Deku even kill the Gun Devil? If it dies, it gets sent to hell and can come back as the Chainsaw Devil did(I think?).

But, can Deku even kill the Gun Devil? If it dies, it gets sent to hell and can come back as the Chainsaw Devil did(I think?).
I don't believe that the Devils can just come back at will. Pretty sure it'd be Deku's win because of self-BFR.

I know they can't, I'm probably just remembering a very specific set of circumstances that allowed the Chainsaw Devil to return so quickly.

Though, couldn't the Gun Devil just let itself be killed in Hell so that it can come back to Earth and fight lol. It sounds dumb but it is possible.

I know they can't, I'm probably just remembering a very specific set of circumstances that allowed the Chainsaw Devil to return so quickly.

Though, couldn't the Gun Devil just let itself be killed in Hell so that it can come back to Earth and fight lol. It sounds dumb but it is possible.
Who tf is going to be able to kill it? lmao

But uh, that seems very unlikely. Especially within the timeframe of 24 hours, since after that it's Deku's win by self-BFR.

I dunno lol, the Darkness Devil? Lmao.

All in all though I don't see many win conditions for the Gun Devil here, if any at all.

I dunno lol, the Darkness Devil? Lmao.

All in all though I don't see many win conditions for the Gun Devil here, if any at all.
??? Gun Devil has insane Danmaku and a pretty good AP advantage. Its bullets are also around 5x the equalized speed.

The AP advantage point is fair but in a frontal confrontation Deku does just sort of wash in all categories. I guess if Gun Devil decides to play the ranged game it could utilize its Danmaku but it's made the decision to go towards his opponent and just destroy shit before, so, I doubt it'd make the decision to not charge towards Deku.

The AP advantage point is fair but in a frontal confrontation Deku does just sort of wash in all categories. I guess if Gun Devil decides to play the ranged game it could utilize its Danmaku but it's made the decision to go towards his opponent and just destroy shit before, so, I doubt it'd make the decision to not charge towards Deku.
Considering its bullets are 5x faster than Deku and it can fire accurately from within 1000m all the way up to 500km, I don't see why it wouldn't be capable of utilizing its Danmaku regardless of the circumstance. If it charges toward Deku things become worse for it, but at the starting distance getting close to the Gun Devil is going to be a massive task on its own. I honestly saw this going heavily in favor of Gun Devil.

Don't forget that bullets technically have some degree of piercing damage as well.

Isn't speed equalized? The Gun Devil's bullets should be the same speed as Deku.
It's always so hard to explain the new speed equalized rule to people.

Basically, combat/movement speed is equalized, but the difference between Gun Devil's movement/combat and attack speed stays consistent.

Gun Devil's bullets are currently calced at about 4.6x its movement/combat speed, so in speed equal, they are still 4.6x faster.

Ah. I knew about the new Speed Equalization rules but honestly I never read them directly myself, so I always forget.

I'll reevaluate the match, then.

Ngl, but Deku is in a big pickle here. Gun Devil shoots with the firing rate of triple wielding machine guns and can accurately see and hit Makima from 500 km away. While it can't do the same trickshots as Kaina i think the firerate and the fact the bullets can just plow through houses buildings and pretty much everything makes dodging it even with precog quite unfair, specially once he gets close.

Honestly, I believe I'm going to have to vote for the Gun Devil.

The Gun Devil's bullet are faster than Deku, come at a fire rate far, far higher than anything he's dealt with to my knowledge, and can be accurately fired from an immense range far higher than what he's dealt with as well.

I don’t see how Deku can dodge bullets almost 5 times as fast as him
Deku has dealt with bullets which should be reasonably much faster than his own speed before (Lady Nagant). The main issue here is the volume of bullets Gun Devil rapid fires. Avoiding them will be a difficulty.

Luckily, Deku does have knowledge of Gun Devil in this fight, so he won't be going in without knowing that.

Almost 5X faster and they have homing properties? Yeah Izuku cannot dodge that at all.

Lady Nagant's bullets were nowhere close to that kind of speed, they aren't even comparable.

Also, the profile doesn't really reflect this. But Izuku cannot attack at 3.5 km away, his range at 30% isn't that high. Only 100% has range in tens of kilometers.

I have no memories of 30% or 20% having range passed hundreds of meters.

Against people born in certain months. Deku was born in July, one of the few months exempt from the Gun Devil's instant homing ability.
I'm going to watch/read Chainsaw Man at some point I swear. Also that should be mentioned in its weakness section.

But yeah that helps, but almost a 5X speed gap is something Izuku has never dealt with before.

Against a ranged fighter that's going to spam bullets worse than Lady Nagant, I don't think he can avoid them at all. The closer he gets the worse that speed difference is going to become. At 3.5 km he can dodge them, but once he's 100 meters away. I don't see how Izuku can get close to him to land hits.

His ranged attacks are somewhat weaker than his physical strikes, and his own direct AP/Dura is over 3X weaker than the Gun Devil. He could block with his Mid Gauntlets, which have 7-A+ durability. But eventually he's going to take a bad shot.

Izuku isn't beating this thing at a distance and I don't see him getting up close. Gun Devil should take this pretty handily.

The Homing ability is limited to a proximity of one kilometer anyway, so it wouldn't instantly take effect even if Deku happened to born in any of the months that would get him homing killed by the Gun Devil.

Also needs danmaku added to its page. Somehow it doesn't have that.

Gun Devil's danmaku is so absurd that Makima couldn't even activate her abilities after noticing it arrived at a distance of 500km before she died from bullet fire. Combine that with the sheer amount, speed (5x the equalized speed), accuracy and range, Deku can't even get close enough to attack before he dies.

Homing doesn't matter much since Deku is born in July and the effect only happens in 1km from Gun Devil, and it has been pointed at that Gun Devil even has a 3x AP/Dura lead on Deku here, with Deku's ranged attacks being weaker than his normal ones.

Gonna vote Gun Devil here, Danmaku is busted man.

Honestly, starting the fight at melee range might be the most fair scenario here, because starting Deku any distance that as much as gives Gun Devil enough time to aim at him is almost certainly a guaranteed death at close range.

Honestly, starting the fight at melee range might be the most fair scenario here, because starting Deku any distance that as much as gives Gun Devil enough time to aim at him is almost certainly a guaranteed death at close range.
Any time is enough time for Gun Devil to aim and fire. Making it closer doesn't really make it better as Deku gets loaded full of led even faster, now that he is having to deal with a far greater volume of them. Also Gun Devil having 3x Deku's dura is gonna help taking a punch if it ever lands.

The Gun Devil can take aim and fire from any distance within 500 kilometers so it doesn't really matter where you put him, since that doesn't stop it from raising its arms and pulling a trigger.

i mean, it's between landing a few punches while being riddled with holes and being riddled with holes without even getting within striking range. Feels rather stompish

I see Deku winning with his LS advantage if he uses his Blackwhip to pull around Gun Devil.

He has a very big advantage in that aspect, and good range with it as well.

Deku can also attack with shockwaves from a far distance, potentially also allowing him to mess with the trajectory of the bullets.

The bullets are 3x stronger than Deku so I don't imagine his ranged attacks, which are weaker than his normal attacks, will throw the Gun Devil's bullets off of trajectory.

The other points are valid, I guess.

The bullets are 3x stronger than Deku so I don't imagine his ranged attacks, which are weaker than his normal attacks, will throw the Gun Devil's bullets off of trajectory.

The other points are valid, I guess.
I mean, even a tiny force against the bullets could mess up its trajectory in the long run. Considering the distance they cross.

Air attacks are also just useful for dealing some damage while he's crossing distance.

I mean, even a tiny force against the bullets could mess up its trajectory in the long run. Considering the distance they cross.
Not at all, in my opinion. If the bullets are being met with both a weaker and slower force than themselves, I don't imagine why they would be moved off of trajectory to any relevant extent.

And with the sheer amount of bullets, attempting to change the trajectory of them is a rather poor move. If Deku changes the trajectory of a few, more will only continue to come regardless and he'd be wasting stamina.

Not at all, in my opinion. If the bullets are being met with both a weaker and slower force than themselves, I don't imagine why they would be moved off of trajectory to any relevant extent.

And with the sheer amount of bullets, attempting to change the trajectory of them is a rather poor move. If Deku changes the trajectory of a few, more will only continue to come regardless and he'd be wasting stamina.
Even normal wind can have a significant effect on bullet trajectory in real life.

Deku wouldn't be wasting stamina if he's able to change a few kilometers worth of bullet trajectories with it. Though it is a little hard to say that'd be in character for him.

Stamina is kind of a non-factor anyway, pretty sure Deku has some crazy stamina feats, including the fact that he can fight with multiple bullet wounds.

But Izuku can win if he restrains the Gun Devil with Blackwhip, since he has superior lifting strength.

I don't believe Izuku's ranged attacks would do anything to the bullets.

He basically has 7-A+ armor (Mid-Gauntlets) covering both arms and legs. All Izuku really has to do is block his vitals from being shots, since the Devil's bullets aren't breaking through his gauntlets. However protecting both his head and heart while getting closer to restrain the Gun Devil seems highly difficult.

These bullets move almost 5X faster than him, a speed difference he's never dealt with before. One shot to his head or heart is game over. And the closer he gets the worse this speed difference starts to become, I don't see how Izuku can protect both his head and heart from attacks almost 5X faster and danmaku.

Though I don't even know if Izuku can get close. Will this thing actually stop shooting him at some point or will it keep going until he dies?

I'm don't call something a stomp unless it seems super obvious. I'll let you all decide this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back