• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Er-gen verse, 1-A downgrade discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ricsi

Thank you very much.

@Clueless

It will probably be Matt

@Everyone

Please, if you want to continue further, put this one on hold for at least half an hour. Everyone goes to the speakers wall, make a wall message and give their input. I want, from now on, only thoughtfull, planned and with scans and excerpts and/or reasons written posts on this thread.

Maybe even take a break for a day or 2, just so everyone calms down fully.

Yeah please take a break of this thread for a bit. I'd appreciate it specially since I can't dedicate my afternoon for it (Test tonight).

Maybe close it temporarily?

We have a discord of our own, so that's alright.

Then will you be free say, friday, Matt? If yes, we can have a proper debate then.

Closing it is a bit far imo. People just need to wait for the main two people to respond.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah please take a break of this thread for a bit. I'd appreciate it specially since I can't dedicate my afternoon for it (Test tonight).
Maybe close it temporarily?
I support this.

It doesn't matter either way if it's closed to me, but I'd prefer to get an aproximation on when this can be done if it does get closed.

I can close it, just leave me a message on my wall when you wish to have it open again. As for a timeframe Matt would need to clarify.

I'll just state my final opinion here because this thread going nowhere.

For at least 1-B: Space is made out of "countless threads", and adding a thread to a circle made a circle into a sphere. Length, Height and Breath are all said to be a portion of what Space represents, and just few of its countless parts/forms.

Neutral because the wording is too vague. Spatial dimension is nothing but axes aka direction. This seems to qualify at first glance, but going about other scans about spaces makes me uncertain. If other scan doesn't support this words, it could be seen as just an outlier. I'll let the experts decide this though.

For 1-A: The above mentioned space is "still under the Vast Expanse which is below Essence which is again under Daosource(step 4) which is again infinitely less domineering that Unknown Realms"

Disagree. Assuming spatial dimension: Being infinitely stronger than someone below them doesn't qualify for 1A. Transcending someone with spatial dimensiol below them qualitatively doesn't qualify for 1A.

Because the dimensions are countless, if the people transcend the lower realm it means each realm is a dimension above the below one. Each realm is just like Gods (Magi). So, 1B.

Assuming universe: High 2A or low 1C for transcending it.

You were asked to not argue. If you want Matt to mention your point, write it on his wall, because now I have to refrain myself from shredding into your own arguments,

I will also say that if Matt can't even give a timeframe on when he could debate by the end of the week, we should just keep going and he'll make a crt later when he has the time.

Ah sorry. I couldn't see my above replies because i was in the process typing it after looking for some scans and theory.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I will also say that if Matt can't even give a timeframe on when he could debate by the end of the week, we should just keep going and he'll make a crt later when he has the time.
This is still a thing. If you can't find time to even respond then you will get to argue later when you ca find time.

Nepuko said:
Well this whole issue is what one gets when one chooses to ignore the basic cosomology behind a verse. Anyway.

It was shown that by adding one thread to 2D, it became a 3D world. I don't see why one would ignore this.

2D + 1 = 3D

3D + 1 = whould be the Ergenverse's 4D.

4D+ 1 = Er gen verse's 5D.

etc.
Just like I said in the previous thread. I'm not sure if a single thread is equivalent to 1 dimension because of how it was explained. He didnt really add a thread to the "2D/Flat" circle. He sort of just rearranged it. The thread he "added" came from the circle itself. The circle also isnt made of a single thread its made of limitless/ lots of threads which contains other properties of space

"Within these threads are length, height, breadth, and size. They are limitless, and that is space.... They are flat, but actually...." He waved his right hand, causing a thread to stretch out from the circle, and then pass over him. In the blink of an eye, the circle of threads was no longer flat, but had transformed into... a sphere!

The "flat" circle/space already contains threads that has the other properties of spatial dimension. Anyway, I understand it as not being 1 thread is equal to 2D but what determines it is the pattern made by these thread because this "2D" space already contains other spatial properties, you dont need to add a thread to make it 3D, you just need to rearrange the pattern as shown above. He didnt really add another thread because the thread he "added" came fron the same "2D" circle

"Space... is nothing more than countless threads, formed together into a pattern. The patterns formed by those threads... are space!"

Yes, we actually discussed that on the discord too.

What pretty much went there was that the threads themselves aren't spatial dimensions, but their pattern still creates the countless dimensions. (I mean, they are countless dimensions, tecnically, the same way a table is wood. They make it up, but aren't 1:1).

the thread used to create the sphere having come from the circle itself makes sense, because technically speaking, everything has "countless dimensions", what happens is that the size will be 0 in most of them

Ok, the 1-B is pretty much confirmed with basically every mod agreeing on it, etc. Now, the thing is the 1-B and the Essence of Space wasn't even the main point of the downgrade, but the 4th step and higher, which are way higher than the Essence of Space.

Basically, gotta discuss the 1-A now.

No Shadow. As Quaw said, enough agreed with 1-B to aply it. It's 1-A that was never agreed on. I disagree with the latter too, but the former has been argued for, accepted by mods, and the opposes aren't arguing.

He said he was going to, but never responded or gave a date of when he was going to respond.

Yeah, but this thread is about if he keeps that rating or if he's downgraded to 1-B.

It still has to be adjusted.

If anyone here opened it, I'd change it myself, since 1-a won't be a thing for quiet a bit, if ever.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
1-A was debunked in the first thread. It has zero backing for it.
The mods didn't agree with 1-B either, they just said "well it might be" which is being unsure.
Things are evolving.

-Which is why I'm starting this again. And no it dosen't have zero backing.

-All the mods agreed with 1-B, afaik "this seems like" 1-B is agreeing. And only 2 of them being like "it might be" in the beginning, other gave clear approvals and even gave rebuttals to Matt. Literally the only mod who's saying no is Matt, and he's been MIA for a while.

So instead of saying no because 1 disagrees, I think it's more fair to accept it because, like, all the rest are agreeing.

Edit : ah, people posted while I was away :3

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It still has to be adjusted.
If anyone here opened it, I'd change it myself, since 1-a won't be a thing for quiet a bit, if ever.
Message an Admin or Bureaucrat to unlock the page then.

Friends on discord are pulling together their arguments for 1-A, so I'll first go through that and then we'll see.

Would being able to completely destroy the concept of dimensions (and survive with no problem, obviously) be 1-A?

I think that's just higher 1-B. You need to transcend the concept not destroy it.

Then no, I'm doubting 1-A still.

He does describe himself as "transcendent" compared to the state where he became a concept comparable to that of space, and he is said to be able to look down on everything as a painting, but I'm not sure those'd be enough.

Hm? wouldn't destroying the concept and existing/surviving with nor problem after that show that you're not bound by said concept at all? Wouldn't that be 1-A? >.< (confused)

You think?

Quoting Sera:

"Actually, erasing the concept of any spatial dimension is something only a 1-A could logically do and be unaffected by it. If a 7-D being erased the concept of "width", they literally just downgraded themselves to 6-D because they lost a spatial dimension."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back