• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epic (Cool Dudes Only) Dungeons and Dragons Discussion Thread

ahhh. So...all magic users would have some minor degree of reality warping just by using the weave, then?🤔
Correct. Certain types of casters also achieve their magic via other means (holy casters have Subjective Reality, truenamers have Conceptual Manipulation, etc) but it all leads back to Reality Warping.

Correct. Certain types of casters also achieve their magic via other means (holy casters have Subjective Reality, truenamers have Conceptual Manipulation, etc) but it all leads back to Reality Warping.
Huh, that's actually similar to how, once I'm finished with my Marvel Comics Magic sandbox, all basic magic will have Reality Warping and Subjective Reality, among other P&A.

They build on our backs and spread their lies, I'm happy to ignore 'em. The strongest Far Realm creatures within plain space are indeed comparable to even deities- but no deity has survived entering the Far Realm proper.
Which is consistent with how Immortals cannot even comprehend the Far Realm.

Btw, do the tier 6 Elder Evils from the Far Realm have 1-A hax?

Which is consistent with how Immortals cannot even comprehend the Far Realm.

Btw, do the tier 6 Elder Evils from the Far Realm have 1-A hax?
Not all of the Elder Evils hail from the Far Realm. Father Llymic does, though. His spatial hax is 1-A.

Isn't that a 3rd Party book, though?
No, written by WotC themselves. They just released it onto the third party platform- they did this with Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy too.

I dislike that, but the implications from elsewhere state that these are just physical manifestations rather than the full mile so it's fine
I'm mixed. On the other hand, it would feel pretty lame that you couldn't take down the big bad at his prime with your friends. But on the other, it would be an anti-feat for him for the purposes of this wiki.

I'm mixed. On the other hand, it would feel pretty lame that you couldn't take down the big bad at his prime with your friends. But on the other, it would be an anti-feat for him for the purposes of this wiki.
I mean for your own home games you can treat the stat block as indicative of actual true form Asmodeus if you want, its just for the purposes of VSBW we wont.

I don't even really care about the wiki's ratings, it's just that these characters are meant to be so much more than mere stattable threats. Some editions take deep care to make sure that there's no way for some random guy to just waltz into the Hells with enough firepower to kill literally everything there- if it was so simple, it would make no sense that the world has continued on the way that it has.

So, the running implication is that these are physical manifestations, with lore stating that their "true forms" aren't really accessible.

Is non core stuff such as Infernal Machine Rebuild, Locathah Rising, Lost Laboratory of Kwalish, and Misplaced Monsters canon/usable for profiles?

since everything you just asked about is ExtraLife content, yeah, all of that is fine. Anything published by WotC or TSR is considered to be fine, which means that certain oddball things are up for grabs (such as Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy)- this doesn't extend to D&DBeyond published stuff, even though they're owned by WotC, since D&DBeyond publishes a lot of notable homebrew content on its own.

So would Whazzit be a lawful evil Quasit/demon given they seem to be considered lawful evil when controlling the otherwise mindless body of a bone devil and does that have consequences for the properties they normally have?

I don't know who Whazzit is.

In the Lost Laboratory of Kwalish, a Bone Devil took over Kwalish's lab but ends up having it's brain put in a jar while trying to turn the Laboratory into a monastery. Then Whazzit a Quasit that was the bone devil's servant discovered Kwalish’s war machine designs and managed to construct the "Monastery of the Distressed Body, Grand Master" using the bone devil’s exoskeleton with shards of a vorpal blade added its claws.

I'm rereading the Drizzt novels and this line is exceptionally funny to me considering how he actually dies.
image.png

Within 3 chapters, this is what I have for Drizzt.
Surely this is enough for accelerated development, right? On top of just being good for skill in general.

(unrelated but i love this scene)

definitely AD. By the way unless you're saving references too don't just save the pics on discord, you never know if those last forever

I don't remember the thought process of the time, but given that Limbo functions the way it does due to raw chaos, and the Slaad Lords being godlike beings of raw chaos, it's probably accurate outside of Limbo (that is, in a neutral setting), solely because of how D&D treats buildups of one alignment or element.

Back