• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epic Battle Fantasy general revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video does not show for me. The screen is dark.

Strange. It works normally for me.

Screenshot 2017-07-27-10-59-24
Screenshot 2017-07-27-11-18-36

Basically the battlefield changes like this and the floating things in the background keep floating without anyone touching them. Dunno if it's telekinesis or something different though

Two more things. Danmaku should probably reserved for Akron only.

But do we consider Bullet Heaven 1 for Godcat? The fact that it happened was clearly retconned, but Godcat did exhibited danmaku during the game (I mean she was the final boss after all). So do we consider it or we discard it?

I am not well informed enough to understand the context. Sorry.

It's a thing about canonicity. I was mostly asking it to Dark. Thanks for responding anyway :)

Don't know if the telekinesis is combat applicable, as it clearly doesn't affect the main party, but the range sounds about right.

She uses it while fighting though. She most likely doesn't use it against the party due to CIS/the fact that they are too durable to simply slam them into the ground

I didn't mean that telekinesis could be put on the page, I was just concerned that it might be unwarranted to say she can lift/throw people around when she hasn't. I can't really rationalize why she wouldn't be able to though, so yeah it was probably CIS.

Range stuff is fine. Again, it's a holdover from when I didn't know how to properly make profiles (Matt and co were the first ones I ever made).

Telekensis is fine as well.

I wasn't even aware Godcat was in Bullet Heaven 1, I never actually finished that game.

I guess removing Danmaku is alright too.

The question is mostly if we should treat BH1 as a "what if" scenario or as something completely non-canon. It isn't quite the same as Brawl Royale because it wasn't referenced again and instead it was retconned (as they don't know Godcat at the beginning of EBF4). But it wasn't explicitly shown that Godcat can't do it either. So idk.

But i'm leaning towards not adding it since it's uncertain

I don't think we should since it has been pretty strongly retconned. I guess the major difference is Battle Royale and by extension, Yet Another Final Battle both act more like prequels. I'm pretty sure a few of the enemies in Battle Royale/YAFB appear in EBF2 for example.

Though it makes me wonder if we could use stuff from Adventure Story. It seems pretty retconned too, with Lance being a bad guy despite being on good terms with Matt by the end of EBF2.

Brawl Royale was even referenced a few times during the main games iirc. BH wasn't.

I legit do not remember a single thing about Adventure Story, but if it contradicts Lance's character I don't think that we should use it

Uh right, we never reached a conclusion if resurrection-based immortality counts as type 3

Also minor thing, but the speed justifications for EBF4 need a bit of editing because speed wise Avatars>>>>>>EoG party>>>>>EBF3 party=casual 2,48 c feat

Kaltias said:
Uh right, we never reached a conclusion if resurrection-based immortality counts as type 3
What do you think about this Darkanine?

To specify, if it's accepted as type 3 it would be only for Akron. The others do not resurrect passively.

I personally do not think that it quite seems like type 3. Resurrection is probably more appropriate.

Ok, i'll remove the type 3 when I'll be back at home (it's a holdover of the time when Akron had Mid-High regen).

One thing that I don't know though, should Godcat have Time Paradox Immunity? As stated on her profile, nothing existed before she did (except possibly the empty time-space continuum) so she always existed (and will likely continue to do so) meaning that she technically fits the definition of an entity that has no beginning nor end. Dunno if this truly means that she is immune to paradoxes but it's probably worth discussing.

Also, as we do not know if she created the material universe or the continuum, shouldn't her tier be "At least 3-A, possibly Low 2-C"?

"At least 3-A, possibly Low 2-C" seems fine, but I think that we need proof for time paradox immunity.

I guess. It's more because I don't know how to classify the fact that she wasn't really born because she always existed, but on the other hand there isn't proof that killing her past self would have no consequences on the present one. It's more that travelling to the past is moot because one can't just prevent her birth, as there is no birth to begin with.

@Dark

What's your opinion about this?

Well, I always thought the way it was worded implied more creation of the physical universe rather than space-time, but it's vague either way. If you guys think a "Possibly Low 2-C" is acceptable, I'm okay with it as well.

It's just that the fact that she predated the universe makes me think that Anna was referring to the Big Bang, which is Low 2-C. Also because matter started existing very early after the creation of the continuum

@Derp @Anonimoe

What do you think?

I don't think Godcat should have Time Paradox Immunity, well yeah Godcat always existed but that still don't mean if she got killed in the past she would still be alive at the present but if someone used time travel to kill Godcat he would just end up fightning a past Godcat it's almost the same thing but different

I am fine with "At least 3-A, possibly Low 2-C"

I aways through that godcat was just too fast for the players... but since someone else can do it without speed then i am also fine with teleportation

I mean, she is definitely too fast for them. But she disappear than reappear to dodge, so imo it looks like teleportation

I was also thinking that Anna shouldn't have soul and space-time resistance as she hasn't actually fought EBF3 Akron and we don't know if BH2 Akron tried it

Anyway, if the revisions have been finished, feel free to close this thread.

This one should be the very last thing. Natalie has homing attacks in Bullet Heaven 2.
Homing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back