• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epic Battle Fantasy general revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
Alright, so i made this blog.

There are a few things that i feel should be discussed.

First thing first, the Durability Negation trough magic, and if the character should keep the ability to harm intangible beings for harming the spirits.

Curse Manipulation should be added to everyone but Akron.

All the players should have resuscitation, be it thanks to the Angel Pin, a skill or another piece of equipment, and Akron should have it replacing the Regenerationn.

Berserk is Empathic Manipulation. Everyone should have it.

The Time Manipulation is for everyone but Akron (Godcat has it trough her summons and the Players trough their equipments)

Everyone but Godcat should have resistance to Gravity Manipulation, given that they resisted black holes, and everyone should have resistance to Magic for obvious reasons.

Natalie's striking strenght for EBF4 should be "unkown physically, Solar System Class when amped with magic" as her normal physical attack is magical in nature.

Godcat should have summoning, Electricity Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Water Manipulation, and most importantly, Death Manipulation and Healing trough her summons.

Lance should have Antimatter Manipulation and Stealth Mastery.

Everyone but Akron gets Forcefield Creation trough Guardian/Barrier/Protect. They also gets healing if they don't have it already.

EBF4 characters are "At least FTL" because they are much stronger than they were when they performed 2,4 c feats with casual ease.

Matt gets Life Manipulation/Absorption with the Blood Blade and Drain.

Akron should have Ice and Wind Manipulation.

True Godcat should have "Longevity, likely immortality (type 1)" as she is older than the universe and her profile states that she is "probably immortal".

And I think that all of them deserve the "hax" category.

Maybe resistance to transmutation because they can come back after becoming slimes?

Last thing, EBF2 Lance should be just "5-A, likely higher" instead of "far higher"

Most of it is ok
but about harming intangible, i guess yes? Spirit count :v? (They are said to be a ball of light and gas)
and EBF2 Lance is "At least 5-A, likely higher"

The AP has "far higher".

I think that spirits counts because EBF4 says that they are ghosts

I know. But the reasoning is due to harming the Skull ghosts, which is what would give them durability negation

I'm okay with Durability Negation. If they can effect spirits (which I believe at one point were called Souls) with magic, they should be able to do so against others.

Curse Manipulation, Empathetic Manipulation (via Berserk) and Resurrection are all fine.

I'm alright with minor Time Manipulation.

I'm fine with Gravity Resistance.

Doesn't Natalie still whack stuff with her staff? Otherwise, I'm fine since she's by far the weakest party member.

I don't know how I missed those Godcat abilities, they seem fine.

I think adding Antimatter Manipulation is also fine, given his Antimatter based skills (Dang, Lance is haxxy as hell)

Their forcefields always seemed rather limited, though that could be gameplay mechanics. I also agree on those.

At least FTL is fine, given the fact that as far back as Battle Royale, which takes place years before the EBF series, Matt was capable of moving faster than a supercomputers processing speed.

Does life draining count as Life Manipulation? I always thought it was its separate thing. If so, I agree.

I think True Godcat should just have Immortality (Type 1), given her sheer age and lack of aging.

Lance being "likely far higher" was a left over from when the series capped at 5-A. As such, I agree with just adding "likely higher" and removing "likely far higher".

Natz damaging foes with her staff always seemed like game mechanic to me. The damage is cosmetic. Also in EBF4 the damage comes from magic.

The durability negation would mostly come from the fact that magical and physical durability seem separated in the lore, not only in the gameplay.

And is it ok to add the "hax" category at this point? Imo they deserve it.

Fair enough.

Alright, I think it should be fine then.

I think it be alright, given their sheer variety of abilities.

Oh, last thing. Given that property that magic has, resistance to it for everyone should be acceptable?

Also idk, but people should have resistance to Antimatter Manipulation, or it's game mechanics?

If Dark Lance has Anti-Matter based attacks, Resistance should be fine. I'm largely okay with Magic Resistance as well (Side Note: These guys are turning into the Royal Knights, holy crap).

Not sure if there are instances of the main characters resisting it though. Lemme check if Dark Lance use it too

They already have resistance to Death Manipulation with the equipments.

Dark Lance uses it once in a lifetime, but he uses it. The resistance should be acceptable

Resistance to radiation should also be acceptable given that everyone and their mother can tank a nuke.

So resistance to radiation is fine?

Also i checked and life steal counts as life manipulation

Considering Matt has a history of tanking nukes to the face with no sickness nor burns, I think it be okay.

Can I ask, does attacking spirits count as Durability Negation. I mean can they do so while said spirit is inside the body? It seems like just attacking the non-corporeal from my experience.

Also we kinda half to define Magic Resistance as a whole. For example when we talk about verses where all skills are magic, does the mean they automatically resist EVERYTHING they do? So if they have Reality Warping Magic, it's suddenly resisted?

That's not why they get durability negation. That's because the spirits are completely impervious to any physical damage but magic harm them, while the red slimes are impervious to magical damage but not the physical one. Meaning that magical dura =/= physical dura.

It's resistance, but not the usual "resistant because it no-sells everything but immunity is a NLF". And it's basically the usual problem as "resistance to existence erasure". I made the blog so that people can check what they resisted and what they didn't

So it's like the connection of Rosemon BM's skill and WarGreymon's skill I made in the Godcat vs WarGreymon thread.

So, they bypass Magical Durability, but not Physical Durability.

Actually the opposite. They bypass the physical one if the opponent has no magical defences

How does that equate to Durability Negation at all? It seems more like a weakness of said creatures.

Because nowhere it says that they are more vulnerable to magic than anyone else. It just says that they are immune to physical damage. Also you don't one-shot them, meaning that they do have a magical durability.

Because they're essentially capable of damaging the enemies spirit directly, by bypassing their physical selves.

Darkanine said:
Because they're essentially capable of damaging the enemies spirit directly, by bypassing their physical selves.
@Kalt You could've said this from the beginning. This was my main question...

I feel its a bit weird that this verse's god figure wouldn't have resistance to gravity manipulation when they made characters that do and are far below them in power. Hax/Hax Resistance isn't based on power, and that characters don't necessarily have the abilities that their creations have in fiction, I get that, but it just seems odd. Other than that, this looks good to me.

Yeah, the fact that Godcat would be haxstomped by anyone in the verse (well excluding Nolegs) is really odd. But she can create Akron during the battle at least

Anyway, given that everyone agreed i'll implement the changes

So, another thing that came to my mind. How do we classify Giga Drilll? It ignores barriers, defensive stat amping and hits harder if you are using those. It doesn't ignore regular durability though

Thanks.

Would resistance to transmutation be acceptable if they can return normal after being transmutated into a slime?

Did this happen in EBF3 because I swear I missed all the good feats

If it was supposed be permanent then it'd probably be considered a form of Resistance.

It happens in EBF4 actually. It's turn-based in game, but it's unclear if it's because it's time-based or because they are resistant

I'm aware of that. But so does every single status effect in the series, including things they are resistant to (radiation poisoning for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back