• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

EoS Lucy (Elfen Lied) Major Upgrades

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
ÒüôÒéôÒü½ÒüíÒéÅÒÇüÒü┐Òü¬ÒüòÒéô´╝ü It's Migue79 here with another CRT and this CRT will mainly focus on implementing a speed upgrade, many new abilities and many more upgrades for Lucy! Without a further ado, let's dive right in!

Speed Upgrade (PASSED): Right here, we got a new calculation (which was approved) that upgrades Lucy's EoS speed from Massively Hypersonic (Mach 300) to Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 1654). I do think that this speed should be kept throughout the whole EoS key instead of splitting the speeds up, as it really doesn't make sense for her to be anywhere close to Supersonic+ at this point in the series. But regardless of whether this is debatable or not, this will be her new speed.

New Powers & Abilities (PASSED): Here are a few abilities that I do think she should get (WARNING: Some of the screenshots have nudity in them. So if you're sensitive to that, I discourage you to look at them) (Note: Abilities in bold would also technically apply to Nana & Mariko):

• Telepathy: She, like Nana and #28 , can feel each other's presence from long distances and can even communicate with each other.
  • Size Manipulation: She can change the size of her vectors to the size of city blocks , and even the size of islands .
  • Telekinesis: The Vectors are more akin to being telekinetic in nature than anything else they've been suggested to being
  • Limited Flight: She like other Diclonii can use her vectors to levitate and even transport herself through an entire city .
  • Non-Physical Interaction: In the Anime, Lucy and Mariko's vectors were seen to interact with each other in their fight. While it is something shown only in the anime, nothing in the manga contradicts this considering the vectors work almost identically (save for the extreme frequency), and, as such, I believe it deserves to be added.
  • Resistance to Pain Manipulation: Really high stamina allowed her to push herself far beyond her previous limits even while melting at much more accelerated rates.
  • Resistance to Radiation Manipulation: Diclonii were stated to be resistant to Radiation , and Lucy was caught in one of her explosions which are nukes and seemed unaffected by any of the radiation.
New AP & Lifting Strength (REJECTED & SCRAPPED): When considering the High 7-A upgrade that I gave her previously, I believe the AP for her 'Melting Key' should be upgraded to 'Likely High 6-C'. It's difficult to determine exactly what their AP is, but going by my pixel-scaling, 1 vector is larger than Cyprus, which is what we consider to be Baseline Island level. So we can say 1 vector has an AP of 4.3 Gigatons. She should be able to make all her 28 vectors that same size, but couldn't because of having her 'pain' weakness overexploited by being a puddle of flesh. Multiplying 4.3 Gigatons by 28 due to having a max of 28 vectors would cover around 120 Gigatons worth of power (especially when they're moving and are longer than the United States's width by 200 miles ^_^').

Her lifting strength should also be upgraded: I don't think it's sensible to have the floor category for her lifting strength in this key to be 'Class K' anymore, considering they're over 1000x longer and over billions of times more powerful than when she lifted that boulder and blew up that room when she was a child (The power difference between both points in time is like 13.5e9x). At least 'Class M' for when she isn't melting seems like the most sensible option. For her 'Melting' key I would probably say 'Class G' or 'Class T' based on further increase in length and size: The approximate surface area difference between a human palm -which are the normal size of the vectors, which is when she did her first lifting strength feat- and the surface area of Cyprus is about 1.2e12x. Not only that, but the vectors grew 2253x longer than before Lucy started melting. With all this said, the consistent conclusion to this reason is that her lifting strength should be upgraded. But I'll wait for more input in this regard.

Stamina (TBD): I believe her EoS key should also get its separate stamina rating as well: her High rating should apply to her 'Base' & 'Long Horns' key for being able to use vectors while being slapped with tear gas, taking multiple bullet wounds and a spiked ball, and more feats that I can bring up if necessary. For her EoS key, however, I believe she should get Very High. I know she only demonstrated so much in so little time, but remember that it wasn't due to decreased stamina: it was due to her weakness thanks to entropy. She stopped wreaking havoc across the world because her lungs completely melted (meaning she couldn't breathe any longer). Not only that, but she was powering through the pain of having her entire body (including insides) melting and pushing herself to new and much greater limits. I believe she deserves Very High stamina for these reasons.

Intelligence (TBD): This last one I find to be the least important: her Intelligence. It would be great to give her a rating, or at least decide a range for her intelligence. I would put her between Above Average & Gifted. But further discussion is always welcomed.

And... Exhales sharply That's it. These are all the additions I propose. Do let me know what you think of them. And if any further context is needed for anything, I will gladly provide it.

Still should've lost to Carnage by DB rules but yeah, I don't see much of a problem. Maybe calc-stacking with the AP but this wiki seems to be fine with that.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Still should've lost to Carnage by DB rules
That's debatable. But let's not get into that here.

Wee bump. Might not bump again until 2 days.

Abilities look generally okay, scans for the notable stuff and all that.

The vector being larger than Cyprus doesn't matter if it hasn't generated energy equivalent to destroying Cyprus. LS would just be, "At least Class K". You can't just arbitrarily tack on new ratings summoned from the aether because it is higher. There has to be a state of exactness to this process. So I fully gotta disagree with this section because nothing other than being stronger and having large insubstantial vectors supports it- no calcs and no tangible proof.

Disagree for stamina as well, if she hasn't demonstrated a thing, we shouldn't assume the thing is true purely because she has become stronger. This is why having few showings is ultimately bad for a character on here, even if they're hyper powerful or whatever we'll never know because they never showed their full capacity. So yeah, she needs to prove she has "Very High" Stamina before being given "Very High" stamina, we shouldn't just assume she has it because it is higher than "High".

I mean... yeah, giving an intelligence rating would be useful. I dunno the show much outside of talking to Prom about it back when she asked for calcs so I can't speak on the subject much. Sorry.

@Bambu

Thanks! Such a shame she doesn't do much at the end, and I understand as to why you disagree. They are extremely difficult to quantify after all.

Also, is there any specifics for the requirements for High, let alone Very High stamina? Or is that hard to say as well?

Not really? Stamina doesn't have any specific metric, so a lot of the inbetween "tiers" of stamina are arbitrary. Anything between average and infinite is basically just do an estimate with given information.

I see... Shame it doesn't have a specific metric... Would make life easier for all of us >_<.

Anyways, we've agreed that the proposed AP & LS upgrades have been scrapped, and that the speed & abilities go through.

I'll try to mainly discuss the Stamina & Intelligence part with Prom whenever I can.

I will implement the so far approved upgrades to her profile if nobody has a problem. Though if there is a problem, it can always be discussed and even be removed if necessary.

I will also accommodate my Stamina section with feats soon because it's 100% possible to provide them (unlike her AP & LS section) and then tie the remaining loose ends of this CRT.

Back