• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Enrico Pucci revision: Made In Heave, does it warrant a 2-c rating? AP and abilities discussion.

We have gone through many revisions for Jojo characters, and it stands to reason Pucci should go through one, given that the only reason I can see him being tier 2 - enviromental destruction - is non-combat applicable anyway and it's also a misinterpration of how his powers work.

Pucci's rating has a flimsy justification - as in, being able to reset the universe must means he has 2-c power, right? Well except that he's unable to control that power, and the only reason he's able to reset the Jojo universe is through his stand being able to accelerate gravity. The only things that could be affected by his reset are those that can be defeated physically by his stand - the only time his universal reset enters into play, and is overkill against most tier 8 characters, unless they require their soul to be destroyed. Everything else reset by him just goes back to their original spots anyway - Made In Heaven wasn't meant to be an uberhax stand in any way, it was meant to fullfill Pucci's vision of heaven - that being, every human knows his destiny.

The only time his universal reset would be applicable would be if he were to fight against someone without a soul - the only things that crumble under the sped up time are inorganic and unliving stuff. And even then that inorganic stuff places itself into the new universe anyway.

So I think he should get the entire part about the universal reset removed. It's non-applicable in combat, and the speed he adds to his own stand is already in the profile anyway.

Him not being able to directly attack a biological opponent with it doesn't mean it shouldn't be listed or that it isn't low 2-C. Its environmental destruction that only applies to inorganic enemies, that's all. So it should stay

But while we are on the topic of Pucci's AP. He should be varies via time acceleration since objects clearly go up in destructive capacity as time speeds up. I can get scans if need be

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Him not being able to directly attack a biological opponent with it doesn't mean it shouldn't be listed or that it isn't low 2-C. Its environmental destruction that only applies to inorganic enemies, that's all. So it should stay
But while we are on the topic of Pucci's AP. He should be varies via time acceleration since objects clearly go up in destructive capacity as time speeds up. I can get scans if need be
So if he's unable to directly (or indirectly attack, he has no way of simply doing jack to opponents with his universal reset unless he kills them first), that means his enviromental destruction has non-combat applications. It's not like he can warp the universe as he likes, he can only modify it on a single way - that being, removing people that he killed before.

It's such a specific way of enviromental destruction that only fits on his own universe and for his own story that it doesn't make sense to have him with that rating - Johnny also has hax that can go over dimensional barriers but everyone agreed that it didn't have real combat applications because of the way the hax worked. It's the same here. Pucci hax has simply no combat application.

As for your last paragraph, I agree in that his own speed and destructive capabilities go up the "longer" his powers are active.

The people he hasn't killed are also bound by his fate manip, what do you mean? He also probably can but just chooses not to, but that is beside the point

The johnny one is a false equivalence, and that is not the reason it isnt listed at universal. MiH is also definitely combat applicable, just not against Biological life

Yee. Would you mind adding it to the OP?

We should probably add a note that his power only works against Inorganic enemies then?

The people he hasn't killed are also bound by his fate manip, what do you mean? He also probably can but just chooses not to, but that is beside the point
The johnny one is a false equivalence, and that is not the reason it isnt listed at universal. MiH is also definitely combat applicable, just not against Biological life

Yee. Would you mind adding it to the OP?
I mean does it really do much against others, when the only thing it does is make them aware of their own fate? If it's only applicable against mechanical or non-organic beings then I don't really see much reason for the 2-c rating, maybe just make an addition about how he can negate the durability of mechanical or soul-less enemies through universal reset.

The way I see it, the way his powers work warrant more the "ignores durability" note on his attack potency than him being 2-c.

Emporio couldn't help but move against the predetermined fate that Pucci had chosen. The environmental destruction, so it is still AP even if he cannot use it directly against most enemies

I mean, they do that as well

Emporio couldn't help but move against the predetermined fate that Pucci had chosen. The environmental destruction, so it is still AP even if he cannot use it directly against most enemies
I mean, they do that as well
Pucci didn't choose that fate for Emporio. Emporio was already pre-determined to be in the Dolphin Street Prison by the universe itself - Pucci only needed to catch him on a place where he knew he would be beforehand.

https://z-img-02.bato.to/images/d8/d9/d8d974c9eddc414db97e1657300c5307bed4d510_276389_800_1320.png

Ah, that's right. Anyway, I'm about to be on my shift at work so I wont be replying for a good bit

Would you mind adding the part about his attack power increasing with time flow the the original post?

What exactly proves that? He was always as strong as in the beginning, was said to have average strength and had a B in power.

Eficiente said:
What exactly proves that? He was always as strong as in the beginning, was said to have average strength and had a B in power.
I posted some example scans above. As time accelerates, the power of objects also increases further. This does not empower Pucci himself as far as I can tell, but his throwing knives should be enhanced over time.

I mean, isn't it low 2-C because it's directly causing the universal reset to happen with its own power? Despite if its combat applicable or not it's using, generating low 2-C power for at least one specific/its main ability

I have no idea what even are the arguments in the OP.

Pucci's profile outright says that he is Low 2-C via time acceleration and with MiH itself being 8-C, he can't punch others in the face with time acceleration. Pucci is Low 2-C via being able to do something that's Low 2-C, just like a character would be "5-B via something" if it were able to blow up a planet and not kill or harm everyone in it, you would think that this is simple enough yet here we are.

But the difference is that they're 5-B based on them being able to use that energy in other attacks/have durable comparable to it

It's not like MIH can infuse Low 2-C energy into his attacks or has low 2-C durability

I didn't say it does, i'm simply stating the difference between the two

Pucci's low 2-C rating seems more like environmental destruction to be honest

Yes but it's stated to be environmental destruction on their pages

why isn't it for Pucci?

TataHakai said:
Yes but it's stated to be environmental destruction on their pages

why isn't it for Pucci?
I added that in his page some time ago[1], later it was removed when Prom updaded the profile.

Come to think of it, shouldn't MiH have resistance to GER's abilities? It was implied that Giorno was in Florida at the time by Rykiel's character description. If he didn't resist, then GER would just passively return the time acceleration to zero. Though, if this is valid, this would be "possibly" since we don't know if Giorno kept Requiem after part 5.

Dude, Araki forgot. And MiH's universal reset is not harmful to Giorno beyond making him naked, we don't even know if GER's ability would trigger for that. And even the, all of that happening is>>>GER, so even if Giorno still had GER and the universal reset was harmful to him, it would just not do anything.

Back