• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

EMIYA Shirou vs Kotomine Shirou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
Kotomine Shirou vs Archer EMIYA

Emiya shirou vs kotomine shirou

Fight Conditions:

• In-character
  • Standard Equipment
  • Kotomine as he is in Apocrypha; EMIYA as he is in Unlimited Blade Works
  • Speed Equalized
Scenario:

EMIYA was summoned by the black faction at the start of the war and coincidentally was near Kotomine who sent his servant away to gather materials. EMIYA's master sent him to deal with one of the red faction's masters, unknown to him that said master was on-par with a servant.

Kotomine on the other hand has just finished his prayer on a nearby church and was on his way back when he felt the presence of a servant, looked up and saw said servant atop the church tower.

EMIYA's master cannot interfere as he is busy with erecting a bounded field to keep normies away.

Emiya shirou vs kotomine shirou4
Premjer Fortified Church, Romania

Red = Kotomine (on the field to the left)
Blue = EMIYA (atop the tower)

Saying Kotomine instead of Shirou Kotomine made this so confusing.

Assuming SBA is in play here, Emiya should win Via arrow spam and UBW should the fight get close.

Also Kotomine on the right but with the link on the left is also confusing.

I'm assuming this happens at the start of the war, since you said Kotomine was near a church.

Emiya should take this, i think. Even if Kotomine knows everything Emiya can do, he doesn't have any counter for most of it, and he's also not as skilled in CQC, despite having better stats. His equipment is also way worse (a sword that Emiya can trace and a bunch of black keys). He could try to buff himself with Command Seals to make up for it, but i don't think he has enough of them to actually win.

I'm assuming Kotomine has access to Twin Arms Big Crunch in which case he takes this. In CQC he has the advantage with superior precog, ability to lock down Emiya with black keys. Kotomine was able to spar with Achilles so that puts him ahead in skill. It will be very hard for Emiya to snipe him considering his bs precog. If Emiya gets in range he dies to Twin Arms Big Crunch.

Huh, he sparred with Achilles? When did that happen?

Also, Emiya would get destroyed if Kotomine gets TAB, but the OP said this is at the start of the war. Kotomine needed to be hooked up to the Grail to use it, IIRC, and he only does that in Vol. 5, at the very end of the series.

Also, how are black keys even remotely useful here?

EMIYA (2) - Gargoyle, NEH

Kotomine (1) - Ram

Reminder: This is the beginning of the war.

He sparred with him in vol 3 IIRC or at least that's what I was told. Achilles didn't use his normal spear but Kotomine still managed to hold his own.

Well if he doesn't get TAB then it seems kind of unfair given that Emiya gets everything.

He could lock Emiya down with black keys or use magic on them to catch Emiya of guard.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Well if he doesn't get TAB then it seems kind of unfair given that Emiya gets everything.
EMIYA didn't get anything except what he can do for himself. As is Kotomine, since iirc, Crunch requires outside sources.

Gargoyle One said:
Emiya's Link is over Kitomine
EMIYA's link is directed to Archer (FSN), Kotomine's is directed to his own page, on my end anyway.

Ah, Vol. 3. The very definition of translation hell. I'll check to see if it's on the translated parts of the volume, though.

Not really. He still has better stats, knows everything Emiya can do, better precog, and Command Seals to buff himself.

Could you elaborate on the whole "lock down" thing? I don't remember Black Keys having any special binding power. Also, Emiya wouldn't be caught off guard by enchanted Black Keys, since he'll know they're enchanted as soon as he looks at them, and even if he doesn't actually see them, he still has EoM.

Edit: You changed your vote before i finished typing, lol.

It's untranslated unfortunately, but from what I was told Kotomine was able to barely keep up while Achilles but would have instantly lost if Achilles had his regular spear or was serious.

Shirou doesn't even have a useful noble phantasm here since this is before Caster enhances his sword, while Emiya can pretty much destroy his weapons in CQC. I guess he could try to kill him with magecraft but without his main weapon, powerful leylines or greater grail I doubt he could do anything relevant.

Black Keys can bind people if it hits their shadows, Ciel used it and I think Kirei also did it against True Assassin.

Seems as if EMIYA got this via more versatility, range, and cunning analysis. Also via reasons above. XP

Would be a good fight to watch though.

EMIYA (7) - Gargoyle, NEH, Ram, Xmark, bob, J-man, Scarmoon56

Kotomine (0)

24-hour timer before this gets closed begins.

Really? Huh.

For a verdict, there must be at least seven votes in favour of one character/team, with a minimum difference of three votes.

Some examples:

A final vote tally of 6-0 will be considered invalid.

A final vote tally of 7-0 will be considered valid.

A final vote tally of 7-4 will be considered valid.

A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.

It doesn't say, so I'll keep the timer anyway.

Does Kotomine's katana even do anything? My impression on it based on the anime's showing of his fight against Fran-chan is pretty meh. He's better of tossing around and rebounding his black keys.

Then again...

It's not written on his profile, and how does he become mountain level with it?

All noble phantasms are being adjusted to Mountain level as per the current Fate revision.

This is why Sakura is 7A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back