• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elder God Demonbane vs The Nameless Mist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions?

I think Nyog Sothep should win here by several reasons:

1) Cthulhu Mythos Yog could be stronger than Demonbane Yog because there are infinite Outer Gods (who are 1-A characters too) in the Mythos and Cthulhu Mythos Yog overshadows all of them.

2) The Nameless Mist created Yog-Sothoth without even aware of it.

3) Creating something is a bigger feat then destroying something.

4) Elder God Demonbane cannot even destroy Yog Sothoth.

So my viewpoint is here:

The Nameless Mist > Cthulhu Mythos Yog >= Demonbane Yog = Elder God Demonbane.

Pretty sure we're not supposed to have High 1-A's fighting each other as the fights are virtually always inconclusive.

Demonbane also has infinite Outer Gods.

I think Demonnane characters are stronger than their Cthulhu counterparts on account of having more feats.

In fact Demonbane Nyarla has feats semi on par with Cthulhu Azathoth.

Lord-Of-Creation said:
lol

This is not true. Like...at all. Demonbane Nya has feats way over Mythos Nya, not mythos Azathoth

Anyway, why do people even do High 1-A vs High 1-A? It' s nearly impossible to actually determine a victor.

I wonder why people even make matches with Tier 1 entities in general, since it's an automatic win unless they're the exact same tier, at which point we come to the same roadblock as High 1-A vs. High 1-A.

There was a thread where someone tried to pit Pre-Retcon Beyonder against the Presence. It basically boiled down to whether the Beyonder was in his realm or not. Yeah, I think Tier 1 entities are only better used when you have verses going against each other.

Natse said:
There was a thread where someone tried to pit Pre-Retcon Beyonder against the Presence. It basically boiled down to whether the Beyonder was in his realm or not. Yeah, I think Tier 1 entities are only better used when you have verses going against each other.
I'm with Natse on this.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Natse said:
I'm with Natse on this.
Agreed. T-1 fights are kinda lame imo.

While people think battles between tier High 1-As are completely inconclusive, I'll say the Nameless Mist takes this rather easily.

Do you guys remember the reason why Yog was changed to High 1-A?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:

I know I'm running this topic into the frickin' ground, but I kinda feel like we should upgrade Yog to High 1-A, as he's one of the very few Outer Gods directly compared to others in the Mythos. In Lovecraft's original "pantheon", if one can even call it that, Yog was considered to be equals with Azathoth in importance. This is not to say he's as powerful, as Yog is still part of Azathoth's dreams, but Yog is everything in his dreams. All that is, was, and shall be is embodied in Yog-Sothoth, and all is a part of him. This doesn't exclude the other Outer Gods either, as even amongst them, he is the Supreme Archetype, meaning there are quite literally a countless number of other 1-A beings living inside of Yog. There's a reason that there are only three main branches descending from Azathoth on Lovecraft's family tree. Shub-Niggurath and Nyarlathotep are considered the only two gods not a part of Yog, and even this is debatable.

Not to mention that Nyarlathotep, who is considered to be the weakest of the full Outer Gods, is already well within the 1-A category. Shub and the others are unfathomably beyond him, and Yog is unfathomably beyond all of them. Hell, in Through the Gates of the Silver Key, he even makes Randolph Carter omniscient and gives him the abilities of an Outer God, because as Carter learns from the experience, all beings, regardless of how low or high on the dimensional scale they are, or even if the are boundlessly beyond it, are merely infinitely small aspects of Yog, who is the Supreme Archetype. I say this not as some kind of Cthulhu fanboy, but because I can genuinely not see what about this doesn't make Yog High 1-A.

tl;dr

To call Yog "just" 1-A is a serious lowball, in my honest opinion.

The Nameless Mist is untouchable even by the Outer Gods, and created Yog-Sothoth without even trying to do so. From what I heard, EGD practically stalemated DMB Yog, and the Mist > Yog, so the Mist so win rather easily. Even with Athleta Aeternum, EGD can only summon 1-A alt Demonbanes at best, or infinite-dimensional Demonbanes with dimensionless magic, all of which would be useless against the Mist. I also doubt the Shining Trapezohedron will work on Mist. EGD with the Shining Trapezohedron defeated and sealed the Court of Azathoth barring Yog-Sothoth and Azathoth. If the ST couldn't work on Yog its definitely not working on the Mist.

I personally think that High 1-A battles, while difficult to figure out a winner, are quite plausible. It all comes down to scaling or something. EGD = Yog, Mist > Yog, therefore Mist > EGD. While Mist could also probably = Yog, the Mist itself created Yog, so I think Mist > Yog.

Lord-Of-Creation said:
Demonbane also has infinite Outer Gods.
I think Demonnane characters are stronger than their Cthulhu counterparts on account of having more feats.

1) I disagree. We don't know how many Outer Gods are there in Demonbane verse. I know Nya, Yog... 2 Outer Gods? Haha.

2) I dont think so. Doesn't matter how many multiverses Demonbane Nya can create/destroy. Mythos Nya is above infinite dimensions too and destruction of multiverses cannot touch him/her too.

Also, Mythos Nyarlathotep could be stronger because of the size. Infinite dimensional multiverses are atoms to Mythos Outer Gods while these multiverses are "Bottles" to Demonbane Outer Gods.

The main body of the beings inhabits strangely organized abysses wholly beyond the utmost reach of any human imagination. The space-time globule which we recognize as the totality of all cosmic entity is only an atom in the genuine infinity which is theirs.

The bigger the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back