• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

What would it give us then?
7-A/6-C.
No lol? The background shit doesn't, they're referring to the purple miasma, mate. The miasma we can literally stand next to. Jesus christ man.
Actually both, when the ELDEN BEAST (idk why it auto capped but I ain't changing it) manifests in the cutscenes, he spews a bunch of cosmic dust stuff omnidirectionally, which is followed by a locale change. It's obvious the skybox stuff is due to the Elden Beast as we straight up see it change it in a cinematic by actively doing something, now the issue is, is that tier 4? Idk, idc, that's on you dudes to argue, I'm preoccupied with other stuff ATM but whatever the arena change is, it's made blatant it's the beast itself that did it.
Whether it's 9-A or high 1-A idc.

7-A/6-C.

Actually both, when the ELDEN BEAST (idk why it auto capped but I ain't changing it) manifests in the cutscenes, he spews a bunch of cosmic dust stuff omnidirectionally, which is followed by a locale change. It's obvious the skybox stuff is due to the Elden Beast as we straight up see it change it in a cinematic by actively doing something, now the issue is, is that tier 4? Idk, idc, that's on you dudes to argue, I'm preoccupied with other stuff ATM but whatever the arena change is, it's made blatant it's the beast itself that did it.
Whether it's 9-A or high 1-A idc.
It is followed by a locale change. I was asking whether you had definitive proof that said locale was created by the Elden Beast, and was mocked for doing so while not actually being presented proof. I agree the Elden Beast did something to trigger this- however you kind folks are insisting the Elden Beast, at this exact moment, created this realm. I think that's a wacky ass automatic assumption when I've seen no proof of such a claim.

If I were to guess, I'd say the Greater Will is more likely responsible than the Elden Beast.

We have nothing to say the GW did it and everything is pointing out to the Elden Beast doing the deed, the cutscene is extremely clear about that
The real debate should be about knowing if this is usable for a tier

Greater Will is responsible for sending the Elden Beast in a star. I don't think the assumption that it may be responsible is any more of a reach than saying the Elden Beast itself did it.

The cutscene absolutely isn't "extremely clear" about anything, are you seeing like the director's cut or something? The Elden Beast spits out its miasma attack, as it does, and suddenly we're in a different location. We don't see the place at all until the miasma fades. You, and this is a general you, referring to all of you, are claiming the Beast makes this realm spontaneously- why? Why is it not a simple act of transportation? What good would the Elden Beast gain from creating numerous Erdtrees (ostensibly real and actual Erdtrees) inside the Erdtree?

I don't follow the logic here, and keep getting told "no it's obvious". So explain it to me. Bring me the evidence.

Nah it's 100% the beast, it shows up, vomits magic dust, everything is different and glittery now. The only logical conclusion is beast did it, that or we assume it vomited magic just because.

Though I didn't call it a realm, or anything, tbh I haven't thought much on that feat, only really concluding beast puked and now it's pretty. I'm more worried about the back up feats, because if the t4 shit goes through then it's easy, no work needs to be done, but if the celestial shit falls through, we're gonna need back up feats and calcs, so more preoccupied with that stuff among other things.

Jesus christ. I'm not actually being replied to, I think.

My argument isn't that the Elden Beast did nothing.

My argument is that the Elden Beast did not necessarily create the boss arena.

I am asking for an argument in favor of the Elden Beast having done this as opposed to just, say, transporting the player.

I am receiving no answer besides the same "no it definitely did it totes".

Can you see how this might be agitating.

I don't follow the logic here, and keep getting told "no it's obvious". So explain it to me. Bring me the evidence.
Empty locale, absolutely nothing.
Beast shows up.
It spits out glittery dust in a omnidirectional AOE, engulfs the whole pov, everything different now.
The only conclusion to draw is that it's the cause.

It'd actually be on you to prove it isn't the cause, or that it's actually teleporting you (it isn't teleporting, upon its death you back at Marika's corpse so you never actually moved, instead the area around was changed) and as you're making the more unreasonable claim that requires more assumptions. Kinda on you here lad. Do note, I'm not saying it's tier 4, I'm just saying whatever it might be, it's the reason.

Greater Will is responsible for sending the Elden Beast in a star. I don't think the assumption that it may be responsible is any more of a reach than saying the Elden Beast itself did it.

The cutscene absolutely isn't "extremely clear" about anything, are you seeing like the director's cut or something? The Elden Beast spits out its miasma attack, as it does, and suddenly we're in a different location. We don't see the place at all until the miasma fades. You, and this is a general you, referring to all of you, are claiming the Beast makes this realm spontaneously- why? Why is it not a simple act of transportation? What good would the Elden Beast gain from creating numerous Erdtrees (ostensibly real and actual Erdtrees) inside the Erdtree?

Hum yes, it is absolutely clear. The Beast shows up, breathes some cosmic smoke and the arena changes from it.
Nobody is talking about a realm or denying it's a method of transportation, just that it's absolutely clear it's the Beast that changes the arena. Everything comes from it, there's no doubt about it, but non one is saying it outright created countless trees and a whole Space, just that the arena changes because of it. And for what it's worth, as soon as it is defeated, the arena returns to its normal state so it might have been an enormous illusion

Jesus christ. I'm not actually being replied to, I think.

My argument isn't that the Elden Beast did nothing.

My argument is that the Elden Beast did not necessarily create the boss arena.

I am asking for an argument in favor of the Elden Beast having done this as opposed to just, say, transporting the player.

I am receiving no answer besides the same "no it definitely did it totes".

Can you see how this might be agitating.
I think there's a BIG amount of misunderstanding lol, I thought you were saying the Beast did nothing

I think there's a BIG amount of misunderstanding lol, I thought you were saying the Beast did nothing
Okay, yes, you're getting it now.

I absolutely agree the Beast caused the change in locale.

I do not absolutely agree that the Beast created the arena itself. I'm simply asking why we've jumped to this specific conclusion, aside from using it for tier justification. If there is a reason, I'd like to know what it is.

I personally didn't think it created anything, just that it caused the changes but it might be precisely why, because it changes the arena it can be easy to assume it literally created that space (wich again could be an illusion)

Empty locale, absolutely nothing.
Beast shows up.
It spits out glittery dust in a omnidirectional AOE, engulfs the whole pov, everything different now.
The only conclusion to draw is that it's the cause.

It'd actually be on you to prove it isn't the cause, or that it's actually teleporting you (it isn't teleporting, upon its death you back at Marika's corpse so you never actually moved, instead the area around was changed) and as you're making the more unreasonable claim that requires more assumptions. Kinda on you here lad. Do note, I'm not saying it's tier 4, I'm just saying whatever it might be, it's the reason.
I genuinely don't know how you came to this conclusion lol.

How, specifically, is it the only conclusion to draw, when I have just drawn another conclusion?

You have provided no proof to your claim, and yet demand that I offer proof that it isn't the case.

You end up back at the Grace when you die in game. This is not, in fact, evidence that you are at the same place, and that Sites of Grace and the world at large teleport to you when you die. You are somewhere else. Transported, even, as I had initially believed the Elden Beast to transport us.

Show me some damn proof or don't, I don't care. But I'd really like for people to stop treating things as absolute fact when they don't have a lick of evidence.

was asking whether you had definitive proof that said locale was created by the Elden Beast, and was mocked for doing so while not actually being presented proof.
Yeah, mate, you're not being mocked, no one did that to you. It's just obvious to me that the thing coming out of the beast means the beast is creating it. There is no definitive proof for that, in fact there isn't a definitive proof for basically 80% of this game until we get like, a huge Vaati video about the lore (though it could still be vague as souls game heavily depends on interpretation) or a guide.

The cosmic stuff does come from the beast, it's shown to us, now what you're asking is if the beast created the arena, right?. I had the following interpretation: Beast spawns, cosmic stuff comes out from it, arena is formed with a huge nebula behind it.

Yeah, mate, you're not being mocked, no one did that to you. It's just obvious to me that the thing coming out of the beast means the beast is creating it. There is no definitive proof for that, in fact there isn't a definitive proof for basically 80% of this game until we get like, a huge Vaati video about the lore (though it could still be vague as souls game heavily depends on interpretation) or a guide.

The cosmic stuff does come from the beast, it's shown to us, now what you're asking is if the beast created the arena, right?. I had the following interpretation: Beast spawns, cosmic stuff comes out from it, arena is formed with a huge nebula behind it.
"Or... you can just watch the cutscene mate." implies I hadn't. I had. I have, actually, taken the time to look at the things I talk about. I would consider an opposite implication a form of mockery. Say what you like, however, if you must backtrack on it.

"It's obvious"

"There is no definitive proof"

I ******' hate this thread

I don't agree with your interpretation. Apparently this is all that needs said for it to be canonized. Cheers.

Damn it's so ******* hard to have a genuine dialogue with you. Everything is a reason to get into personal attacks and act like a ********. With everyone in this thread besides actual staff member, you acted like that for literally no reason. No reason.

As I mentioned. You were the one implying I didn't know what I was talking about. You began an argument. I don't feel bad for arguing against that nor do I feel bad about arguing against the absolute bollocks logic of "oh well it's obvious, isn't it, this thing that we don't know what happened clearly happened in this way". All I asked for was proof, you came out the gate swinging, and are complaining I swung back?

I find it damn near saddening some of the shit that's been said for ER thus far and taken as absolute factual default assumptions. Forgive my rudeness if you like, or don't, it doesn't bother me nor do I care. I care about relatively reliable ratings.

This is a text-based medium. I'm calm even if I throw in a "******'" or a "shit" into my commentary.

That said, I've reached out to M3X already, since I'm willing to believe it wasn't his intent to insult, even if I had taken it that way.

Please, do continue with the thread. Certainly don't allow minor upsets to deter it.

I'm a bit occupied at the moment, but it's clear the discussion has advanced quite a bit, so I'll try to find time to respond to this in the next couple days at most.

Same here, which is the reason why i'm more trusting DarkGrath than Bambu himself
You can simply say you like the higher tiers, lad. We're on VSBW, I know the song and dance.

I'd add a smug emote here but this isn't Discord.

Jokes aside, what? I mean, fair's fair, though my take is based purely on what can be said reliably, you're free to disagree. But you say it's coz you don't understand my tone? Is this another misunderstanding?

You can simply say you like the higher tiers, lad. We're on VSBW, I know the song and dance.

I'd add a smug emote here but this isn't Discord.

Jokes aside, what? I mean, fair's fair, though my take is based purely on what can be said reliably, you're free to disagree. But you say it's coz you don't understand my tone? Is this another misunderstanding?
Jokes on you, i'm not even supporting tier 4 shit

Yeah, your tone somehow discourage me despite most of your points are making sense, it might be because i'm too soft or don't want to stressed out myself

I don't know if you actually want to say that, man. Openly stating your vote is based on who is nicer in saying their points might be classified as a bad look.

Same here, which is the reason why i'm more trusting DarkGrath than Bambu himself
I still need to read through everything, but I'd like to ask that this thread isn't divided into "who agrees with me" and "who agrees with Bambu".

Preferably, this thread should conclude with us reaching a consensus or compromise. We should be able to end this thread and make the profiles with at least a mostly unanimous and reasonable view on all the key questions about the profiles, like the tiering. When a thread has less to do with "what the argument is" and more to do with "who is saying the argument", reaching a consensus pretty much never happens.

Aye. Also I agree with Grath on some points, I'm simply less lenient with the validity of super high tier stuff.

Imo this thread should be used to discuss profiles formats, such as P&A shit, notable techniques, etc. Tier 4 bs require its own thread

@Chariot190 How much Gigatons the 6-C would be?
Idk, I've only roughly calced it, it's absolutely not perfect and it WILL need a solid precise calc, I only did rough numbers so I know kinda approximately what it'd be, Im probably gonna have to whip out like a custom camera in the vain of shit like BoundaryBreak, Zulie or that other Dark Souls channel to get explicit shots at exact angles to get the holes dimension. But we'd be looking at lower 6-C, a few gigatons at most, unless I miscounted bad and missed like a hundred or so meteors, which, perhaps, but i doubt it.
Of course, other feats like Farum Azula shit could very well be tier 6, and there's still Caelid shit, and who knows what Astel would get given it wiped a huge chunk of the map off the face of the earth to the point it's essentially an abyss.If they end up higher, Radahn's shit may as well just be a supporting feat.

Curious why we aren't trying to scale anyone to Malenia and Radhan's battle effectively destroying an entire country? seems to make more sense then t4 Radhan.

Radhan 'holding back the stars' seems to be more metaphorical to me and seems to be more referring to preventing Ranni's ending itself (by preventing her from gaining access to the Fingerslayer Blade)

The Description of the Fingerslayer blade also backs this concept of it being Metaphorical up and seems to refer to Radhan symbolically preventing the Carian royal family from 'having fate'

'The hidden treasure of the Eternal City of Nokron; a blade said to have been born of a corpse.

This blood-drenched fetish is proof of the high treason committed by the Eternal City and symbolizes its downfall.

Cannot be wielded by those without a fate, but is said to be able to harm the Greater Will and its vassals.'

It's implied that Radhan 'holding back the stars' was metaphorically preventing the Carian Royal family and by proxy Ranni from having a fate and being able to wield the Fingerslaying Blade but thats just my interpretation (most of the lore in game is intentionally ambigious)

I feel like in future DLC we will get some lore about how the Carian Royal family was directed/guided by a different outer god then the Greater Will, one that has something to do with the stars or that the Greater Will itself was who 'battled' against the stars but was symbolically battling against the inevitable fate of the Carian Royal family to enact the 'age of stars' ending itself.

Hmmm, should we call the other calc members to helping us on the stuffs that you mention above?
Not yet, we need to actually give them the stuff to calc, though a handful of it is simple, I can likely do most, the most problematic one is unironically Radahn hole.
Curious why we aren't trying to scale anyone to Malenia and Radhan's battle effectively destroying an entire country? seems to make more sense then t4 Radhan.
One of the back up feats, I'm actually trying to figure out a way to calculate the lands between's in game size so I can calc that.
And then a continetal Land Between version for a high end much like the Zelda calc. I actually have a pretty solid plan to get a distance to scale off via the blue map markers and angsizing to scale the map.
That, Radahn, Astel and Placidusax shit is the back up feats I'm looking into.

I kind of agree tier 4 should be discussed somewhere else, especially since how difficult and confusing it might be to calc

While we're at it, I've already said it but Dragonlord Placidusax has to have a profile

I kind of agree tier 4 should be discussed somewhere else, especially since how difficult and confusing it might be to calc

While we're at it, I've already said it but Dragonlord Placidusax has to have a profile
I mean

Basically every major person should have a profile, yeah

Dragonlord, Lichdragon, and maybe Greyoll especially.

The two "stars" we have seen are Astel and the one that crashes into Nokron. Neither of these are indicative of all stars in Elden Ring. Astel is a malformed star. So it would make sense that it is not as big as normal ones.
Astel is a malformed version of Fallingstar Beasts, look at their designs and you can see a lot of similarities, namely the white head, mineral body, huge black mandibles and gravity magic. And those aren't star-sized.
The one that opened Nokron was called a "falling star". In our own world, falling stars are not real stars, they are meteorites and comets.
Has been addressed already, falling stars are strongly implied to be tied to stars and not just meteors.

This shows that planets exist in Elden Ring. Since planets exist, and the two "stars" we see have enough to indicate they are not real stars in-verse, we can assume that stars exist in Elden Ring too.

Literally means nothing, planets =/= stars and stars are really fucky in ER
@DarkGrath's explanation of astrology indicating they are real stars:
I don't think anything here specifically requires star-like size.

I still need to read through everything, but I'd like to ask that this thread isn't divided into "who agrees with me" and "who agrees with Bambu".
hey
Preferably, this thread should conclude with us reaching a consensus or compromise. We should be able to end this thread and make the profiles with at least a mostly unanimous and reasonable view on all the key questions about the profiles, like the tiering. When a thread has less to do with "what the argument is" and more to do with "who is saying the argument", reaching a consensus pretty much never happens.
Definitely agree.

Radhan 'holding back the stars' seems to be more metaphorical to me and seems to be more referring to preventing Ranni's ending itself (by preventing her from gaining access to the Fingerslayer Blade)

The Description of the Fingerslayer blade also backs this concept of it being Metaphorical up and seems to refer to Radhan symbolically preventing the Carian royal family from 'having fate'

'The hidden treasure of the Eternal City of Nokron; a blade said to have been born of a corpse.

This blood-drenched fetish is proof of the high treason committed by the Eternal City and symbolizes its downfall.

Cannot be wielded by those without a fate, but is said to be able to harm the Greater Will and its vassals.'

It's implied that Radhan 'holding back the stars' was metaphorically preventing the Carian Royal family and by proxy Ranni from having a fate and being able to wield the Fingerslaying Blade but thats just my interpretation (most of the lore in game is intentionally ambigious)

I feel like in future DLC we will get some lore about how the Carian Royal family was directed/guided by a different outer god then the Greater Will, one that has something to do with the stars or that the Greater Will itself was who 'battled' against the stars but was symbolically battling against the inevitable fate of the Carian Royal family to enact the 'age of stars' ending itself.
Stars control/is tied to fate in a literal sense within Elden Ring as pretty much any descriptions with the word “fate” indicates. Now wether the usage of “stars” in those descriptions were accurately translated to English or not could tell us if actual stars were the intent or if it was meant to be meteors.

Though Preceptor’s hat and robes does have have what appear to be star drawings and their orbits on them and its description states something to the effect of “displays the movement of stars” when describing the hat and robes. I think it’s likely literal stars that Radahn was holding back and also beings made by stars or have connections to stars or something like that.

Back