• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

"A malformed star born in the flightless void far away. Once destroyed an Eternal City and took away their sky. An falling star of ill omen." - Remembrance of the Naturalborn (Astel)

Stars and fallen stars aren't necessarily different, with Astel being said to be both. But then again we have the Heavy Meteorite Fragment: "Shard of rock found in the wake of a meteorite strike. It is imbued with a particularly weighty magic. [...] The desperate ones who scavenge for these shards dub themselves "starcallers".

On the other hand, I recall evidence of stars =/= meteors being brought up. But when meteors and falling stars are brought up in the same sentence, they're treated as different things.

There's also Glintstone = Meteorites, not sure how that intersects with the rest.

Something could also be said about the fact that the term "falling star" is always used instead of the more common "shooting star" term used for meteors. And it's not a translation quirk, "shooting star" is used a couple times, but only to refer to unrelated (I think) danmaku attacks.

Here's some more stuff I've found.

• Founding Rain of Stars specifically says that stars rained down on Earth. It also mentions an amber color, and some (maybe all, idk) Fallingstar Beasts are fought on amber-like craters.
  • Astel is once again said to be made of star debris specifically, and his magic is "of the stars"
  • Comet Azur is likened to both a comet and a star by some big brain sorcerer who studied the latter.
  • Astel attacks with meteorites. This could be unrelated, but it would be kinda weird for the guy to be like "Yeah I'm a ****** up star my name is literally star, I'm in a star-related area I drop star-related items. Anyway here's some meteorites"
  • The glintstone = star stuff might be relevant, as comets are also related to glintstone stuff
That's all for now. My conclusion is that George R.R. Martin probably didn't do great in Astronomy class.

Last edited:
Here's some more stuff I've found.

• Founding Rain of Stars specifically says that stars rained down on Earth. It also mentions an amber color, and some (maybe all, idk) Fallingstar Beasts are fought on amber-like craters.
  • Astel is once again said to be made of star debris specifically, and his magic is "of the stars"
  • Comet Azur is likened to both a comet and a star by some big brain sorcerer who studied the latter.
  • Astel attacks with meteorites. This could be unrelated, but it would be kinda weird for the guy to be like "Yeah I'm a ****** up star my name is literally star, I'm in a star-related area I drop star-related items. Anyway here's some meteorites"
  • The glintstone = star stuff might be relevant, as comets are also related to glintstone stuff
That's all for now. My conclusion is that George R.R. Martin probably didn't do great in Astrology class.
Contradictions

Contradictions everywhere

Star of Ruins description

"Legendary sorcery devised by Lusat, primeval sorcerers.

Fires twelve dark shooting stars that pursue the target. This sorcery can be cast while in motion. Charging increases potency.

When Lusat glimpsed into the primeval current, he beheld the final moments of a great star cluster, and upon seeing it, he too was broken."

idk how you'd estimate the amount of stars, i'm sure it's been done and the calc is out there somewhere

What about Elden Beast's feat of creating that place? would that just be "likely"?
Not even a likely, if I'm honest. If anything, I'd ascribe any feat to the Greater Will rather than the Beast itself. That said, I don't see any explicit evidence supporting stars being inside of the Erdtree, so the feat is relatively minor until such evidence is brought forward.

Yeah, I don't think the Elden Beast arena should be considered a feat. Even though I definitely think the stars in the sky are real stars, there isn't enough to indicate the same about the arena it created. And since we already know that the Greater Will can create fake skies (like the one in Siofra and Nokron), I think its likely that its the same kind of thing.

Not even a likely, if I'm honest. If anything, I'd ascribe any feat to the Greater Will rather than the Beast itself. That said, I don't see any explicit evidence supporting stars being inside of the Erdtree, so the feat is relatively minor until such evidence is brought forward.
The "feat" clealry comes from the Beast itself but I don't think we can use that anyway

"Imbue the Naturalborn's stars with magic to perform a sweeping strike."
"This attack leaves a dark cloud of stars in its wake that lingers briefly before exploding."
Stars can be glitter and 10 meters tall as seen by astel. Stars are not irl sized in elden ring. Even if you want to use physics it doesn't make sense. 10 seconds after Radahn dies the star begin to move. The sun light hits after 8 minutes other Stars need years irl. They're tons of statements that Stars are small and astel is a star. The elden beast is/was a star, the Stars from astels spell are Stars. Just no inlore statements that there are bigger Stars. Nothing. Everyone that that states this is ignoring every mention of Stars in lore and physics irl after using irl physics for arguing that irl Stars must exist in elden ring.

Things can move faster than light in fantasy though. That just means that Radahn's gravity magic is FTL.
And where is the source that it can? So we're making up things for made up things so the made up things make sense? Once again nothing is stating stars are as big in elden ring as irl. Only people that want to walk the verse claim that, there are multiple descriptions for stars, all of them small. Yet none for the big ones that are not mentioned, because only vs battle people want them to exist.

I'm just saying that "The sun light hits after 8 minutes other Stars need years irl" isn't a valid debunk of Elden Ring stars being Star sized, because limiting a fantasy verse based on real-life physics doesn't make sense.

I'm just saying that "The sun light hits after 8 minutes other Stars need years irl" isn't a valid debunk of Elden Ring stars being Star sized, because limiting a fantasy verse based on real-life physics doesn't make sense.
Then there is 0 proof of stars being big. Everything in the setting debunks it. Stars don't need to be big thanks to fantasy btw is said physics because people claim this as the source for stars being big

As for evidence that they are real stars:

The two "stars" we have seen are Astel and the one that crashes into Nokron. Neither of these are indicative of all stars in Elden Ring. Astel is a malformed star. So it would make sense that it is not as big as normal ones. The one that opened Nokron was called a "falling star". In our own world, falling stars are not real stars, they are meteorites and comets.

This shows that planets exist in Elden Ring. Since planets exist, and the two "stars" we see have enough to indicate they are not real stars in-verse, we can assume that stars exist in Elden Ring too.

@DarkGrath's explanation of astrology indicating they are real stars:
So, I've actually already talked a little bit about some of this stuff with Bambu in DMs! I'll summarise a few of the things we talked about that are relevant to this thread, as well as my own conclusions.

I'd argue there is more basis for tier 4 than it seems originally, and we don't have to purely rely entirely on "the Elden Ring commanded the stars" as evidence. To quote the sorceress Sellen:

"Well, well... Seluvis is not a name I ever wanted to hear again... But, fine. If it will help you, my apprentice, I offer my knowledge. The stars alter the fate of the Carian royal family. And the fate of your mistress, Ranni. But long ago, General Radahn challenged the swirling constellations, and in a crushing victory, arrested their cycles. Now, he is the force that repulses the stars. If General Radahn were to die, the stars would resume their movement. And so, too, would Ranni's destiny."

Now, this statement is a bit contentious all on its own; Radahn having a "crushing victory" over the stars isn't too meaningful when you consider that the term "star" is used in many different contexts in Elden Ring (such as shooting stars and meteors, which wouldn't qualify for tier 4 in itself). However, the first bolded part is important. Sellen refers to how "The stars alter the fate of the Carian royal family", and this gives more context as to what the "stars" being referred to here are. The Carian royal family revolves around a lot of astrology, and the telescope item even states that it was part of an astrology tool used by the Carian royal family for viewing the night skies. Furthermore, more solidly, various locations related to the Carian royal family feature astrolabes; real life tools used in medieval times to examine and map out the movement of the stars on the night sky. The connection between stars and the Carian royal family doesn't appear to be figurative, nor is it exclusively referring to meteors or shooting stars, as this wouldn't explain the presence and relevance of the astrolabes; they explicitly do study the literal stars in the night sky, and use this to adjust their decisions, as is done with astrology. Furthermore, it specifically states that Radahn's victory "arrested the cycles" of the stars; this is oddly specific phrasing, but makes sense when you consider how astrolabes were used for mapping out the progression of stars across the night sky. "Arresting the cycles", therefore, would refer to stopping the progression of the stars, hindering the Carian royal family who relied on that progression to determine their fate.

All of this together gives context on what Sellen is saying. This feat has to do with the same stars that the Carian royal family studied for astrological purposes, which would confirm that it's referring to the actual stars, as meteors and shooting stars cannot be studied in the same way. And furthermore, this gives an actual exact metric to the feat, albeit one I have no idea how to calculate: Radahn's victory completely halted and restrained the movement of all the stars in the night sky.

Then there is 0 proof of stars being big. Everything in the setting debunks it. Stars don't need to be big thanks to fantasy btw is said physics because people claim this as the source for stars being big
This bit is true, I think he's arguing the same point as Armor just... wording it oddly. All evidence in-lore thus far regarding the actual size of a star suggests it is wildly smaller than a real-life star, which lines up with Armor's point about medieval perceptions of stars.

I don't really have a dog in that particular argument, but it is worth mentioning.

idk how you'd estimate the amount of stars, i'm sure it's been done and the calc is out there somewhere

You count them, I counted approximately 300.

Why is it clearly from the beast? Like is there a source for this or?
I mean, he kinda like vomits it all up when he comes out, it all spews from his head.
Whether it's tier 4 idk, but it IS coming from him.

You count them, I counted approximately 300.

I mean, he kinda like vomits it all up when he comes out, it all spews from his head.
Whether it's tier 4 idk, but it IS coming from him.
Oh, you meant that.

That's still kinda silly to me. He uses that as an attack, unless our player character is the size of a solar system or two we can visibly see that the nebulae spit isn't star sized. I apologize for misunderstanding, I thought that point had been abandoned due to the fact that it is used as an attack later and is... very very small.

To be clear, I had thought you were arguing the actual boss arena's "stars"- small lights in the sky that appear after the cosmic miasma explodey breath.

Or... you can just watch the cutscene mate. Everything comes out of the Elden Beast.
No lol? The background shit doesn't, they're referring to the purple miasma, mate. The miasma we can literally stand next to. Jesus christ man.

Back