• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I also wish I had pto for Elden Ring. Unfortunately I have both work and college to worry about which leaves me with next to no time to play. I'll probably have to wait until the end of June before I might get a chance to even complete the base game.

I believe that would place Elden Ring as the tied-37th best selling game of all time, alongside titles such as GTA IV, Cyberpunk 2077 and Monster Hunter: World.

I'll be starting college in a couple months so I'm good on that end.
Funny thing is I have technically graduated, I'm just taking pre-reqis for University.

Props to Miyazaki and the rest of this team for being willing to admit the quest lines could be improved.

One of my main gripes with Elden ring was that knowing which area your supposed to go to next was often hard. Due to the difficulty of the game players can often be confused on whether it is there lack of skill that is the problem or if its the area they are in being a higher level than they are ready for. For me I kept trying to brute force Caelid before realizing the dedicated tutorial area was basically the weeping peninsula. I feel that if after you got shafted by Margit enough times Melina should show up and maybe hint at going to the weeping peninsula in order to guide players towards proper level progression. And after beating Godrick she shows up again and offers you a choice of where to go between Caelid and Liurnia noting that Caelid is the more difficult of the two. This would also have the added benefit of adding characterization to Melina who I feel was vastly underutilized in the base game; Making her feel like a guide and partner to the tarnished as well as making her optional death more impactful.

Bloodborne remaster though

Miyazaki: “Obviously, as one of the creators of Bloodborne, my personal, pure honest opinion is I'd love more players to be able to enjoy it. Especially as a game that is now coming of age, one of those games of the past that gets lost on older hardware—I think any game like that, it'd be nice to have an opportunity for more players to be able to experience that and relive this relic of the past. So as far as I'm concerned, that's definitely not something I'd be opposed to.”

So players want it, developers want it, even Miyazaki wants it. Why is Sony keeping it locked away? 😠

My guess is because Japan Studio was closed. I genuinely believe the source code was somehow lost.

There is no reason to not use Bloodborne as an IP to make money.

Currently Bloodborne does earn them money. It's recognized as a classic and one of their more beloved titles, so people buy the consoles to play it.

They'd make tons more sales on PC but I'd wager they've done the math and make more from that being on console to influence console sales.

Doesn't really make that much sense considering God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, and Spider Man have all made the switch to PC. All of those IP's are as big, if not bigger and more profitable than Bloodborne, a much older game with zero microtransactions or collectors editions to warrant reasoning for exclusivity. Without a doubt they would make much more money than they are currently off of a 9 year old game not actively being updated. People have been wanting it for a pc port for years, and just look at how much PC ports increased the sails for other far newer PS exclusives.

Last edited:
Sony genuinely just remasters the wrong games. I've been waiting for a Greek GoW and Bloodborne remaster while watching a 4 year old game get remastered for the PS5.

Doesn't really make that much sense considering God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, and Spider Man have all made the switch to PC. All of those IP's are as big, if not bigger and more profitable than Bloodborne, a much older game with zero microtransactions or collectors editions to warrant reasoning for exclusivity. Without a doubt they would make much more money than they are currently off of a 9 year old game not actively being updated. People have been wanting it for a pc port for years, and just look at how much PC ports increased the sails for other far newer PS exclusives.
Almost certainly different terms of contract on all of those, though. Note that all of these games have different periods of waiting between release- their original contracts may well have included a set time after which the developers required it to be moved to PC. Miyazaki's phrasing seems to suggest that Bloodborne can't go to PC, perhaps because they had no such clause. That'd be my reading of the situation, at least.

I'd wager that, if Sony could, it'd keep all of those as exclusives forever. Selling consoles is how they'll stay a top contender in the gaming industry.

I'd wager that, if Sony could, it'd keep all of those as exclusives forever. Selling consoles is how they'll stay a top contender in the gaming industry.

Their current plan seems to indicate it. They’ll release part 1 of a series on PC while keeping the sequels on console to get players to buy it.

Currently Bloodborne does earn them money. It's recognized as a classic and one of their more beloved titles, so people buy the consoles to play it.

They'd make tons more sales on PC but I'd wager they've done the math and make more from that being on console to influence console sales.
This would only make sense if they actually did anything with the IP rather than just forgetting about it.

If Bloodborne sells them the consoles, then they would’ve done something to improve this console selling system. The last Bloodborne update was December 21st 2015.

Where are the marketing? “Play Bloodborne only on PlayStation” “Play a new remastered version of Bloodborne on PlayStation 5”

I don’t know man, if Bloodborne is a console seller (doubt) then I think they would’ve invested more in the game to improve the sales rate.

why would this strategy require them to upgrade Bloodborne if Bloodborne remains one of the most pined-after games on the market without any work

if the game sells anyways

if the game sells consoles anyways, in addition to itself

which I think is a reasonable assumption, given that it is, as mentioned, one of the most (if not the most) constantly asked for games to be ported

then why would they, a corporate entity, invest resources into fixing it up, rather than making new content (which is probably going to earn them more money per hour of work)

The thing is, Bloodborne doesn't do any of that. The sales aren't that high because they gave Bloodborne for free a lot of times and it's free for PS+ subscribers.

It doesn't sell consoles because there is no PS4/PS5 + Bloodborne bundle.

Everyone who is asking Bloodborne to be updated already bought the game or have played it before.

Everyone who is asking Bloodborne to be ported to PC have not.

This is very simple actually. You need to invest to earn more money.

It being free to PS+ subscribers is still making sales though. That shit costs money, too.

I don't think this bit is actually relevant, to be honest. If someone is really wanting to play Bloodborne, the only way to do it is to buy a console, and then the game- they could do that with or without a bundle, they are at least likely to do it whether the game is being updated or otherwise.

The intent, I reckon, is to play out the PC port for as long as possible to get as many of those people wanting a PC port to instead just go buy a PS4 and play it there.

Back