• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Depends on the arena, I saw a fight between Malenia vs Radahn in the dunes and Radahn held his own in the first round (Although he got ****** by her health stealing), he won the second round and lost the final round but still got her down pretty close to death. His diving meteor attack takes off over half her health.
Really? I remember seeing Radahn getting chipped down by base Malenia alone

Yeah, even in Malenia vs all ER bosses rush, Mohg downed Malenia Phase 1 due of his nihil shennanigans and even in Phase 2 Post-Nihil Mohg managed to melt Malenia HP really fast

I think Mohg mostly holds his own due to blood.
That and probably raw strength, if you watch closely during his fight, his strikes are not exactly precise and far from being graceful so it's clear he's not a master fighter but he's so utterly strong if you try to parry him he will simply trash you since he's too strong for that

Yeah, even in Malenia vs all ER bosses rush, Mohg downed Malenia Phase 1 due of his nihil shennanigans and even in Phase 2 Post-Nihil Mohg managed to melt Malenia HP really fast
Nihil is honestly an almost cheat like move, the curse is just ridiculously strong and damageful and heals him in addition to that (because why not make him even harder?)

I feel Mohg is actually fairly easy to destroy once you've levelled up enough. Easier than Malenia at least

After getting Plat on Elden Ring, wanted to ask, does anyone else think Malenia is great boss, if not who was your favorite boss ? Thought she was an awesome boss

After getting Plat on Elden Ring, wanted to ask, does anyone else think Malenia is great boss, if not who was your favorite boss ? Thought she was an awesome boss
Despite the absolute torment she gave me. I thought she was really great. Easily my second favorite boss and she's worthy of being the face of Elden Ring for the boss fight alone.

Maliketh is my favorite boss fight personally. I like how we met him much prior to his boss fight and he's a boss with his own personal questline, making the fight more impactful as you could Maliketh doesn't want to fight you if you complete his quest. His cutscene is cool as ****. He's like a giant Malenia, but not as hard.

I also love his outfit. The black and white colour scheme is *Chef's kiss. And I LOVE the helmet. Helmets like his and Malenia's that go over the face covering the eyes and top head are like one of my favorite helmet designs ever. And the fact it's black and has white hair to contrast is 👌👌👌

Energy Projection (since it's how it manifests in gameplay), Life Manip/Status Effect Inducement (for the reducing maximum health bar thing), Life-Drain and Immortality Negation (Don't know what type but I would say Type 1, 2, 3 and 4)
Probably forgot some
I think it'd also get holy manipulation since iirc it deals holy damage

Despite the absolute torment she gave me. I thought she was really great. Easily my second favorite boss and she's worthy of being the face of Elden Ring for the boss fight alone.

Maliketh is my favorite boss fight personally. I like how we met him much prior to his boss fight and he's a boss with his own personal questline, making the fight more impactful as you could Maliketh doesn't want to fight you if you complete his quest. His cutscene is cool as ****. He's like a giant Malenia, but not as hard.

I also love his outfit. The black and white colour scheme is *Chef's kiss. And I LOVE the helmet. Helmets like his and Malenia's that go over the face covering the eyes and top head are like one of my favorite helmet designs ever. And the fact it's black and has white hair to contrast is 👌👌👌
Maliketh is defiantly my second favorite boss in Elden Ring, him jumping around and swinging his sword in those red flames was just badass to fight against

The Elden Beast is my favorite boss, for some reason

It's probably because of the atmosphere, and how it uses most mechanics like jumping and all that.

Second would be Mohg, Lord of Blood.

I haven't really gave much thought as to who my favorite boss is, Mohg is up there for me and so is Radahn. Radagon is also great.

The shot of him just looking down on you with his hammer up and the theme song playing is so ******* RAW
Oh yeah this shit goes HARD
radagon-of-the-golden-order-boss-elden-ring-wiki-guide.jpg

Radahn and Rykard for me.

Radahn is literally you with a small army of powerful warriors against him in a large beach surrounded by armors and weapons of dead soldiers who fought him. Gravity Magic in the game looks and is awesome and Radahn has some of the most spectacular gravity feats, his design is fantastic, his attacks difficult to dodge, powerful, wild and spectacular, his meteor transition is both awesome and terrifying, his lore is more than excellent, his love for Leonard is both ridiculous yet badass and quite funny and his OST is simply monstruously epic. All of this makes the fight not only spectacular and intense but also very tragic and beautiful, especially when you remember the lore and how the whole festival is just about some of his fellow warriors giving him a worthy death, and is the most memorable fight in the entire game for me.

Rykard on the other hand is about how horrific he is. His lore is extremely sinister, his design is downright disgusting, the God-Devouring Serpent itself is terrifying and he has tons of powerful attacks. The Serpent Hunter makes the fight more manageable but does not turn it into a cheese so the boss is still difficult, the two phase are really unique since in the first you fight the Serpent and then Rykard, the arena is creepy with cages hanging from the rock ceilling, skeletons and snake skin all over the place, giving off a very raw, primordial vibe to the thing, and the Rykard's Rancor attack makes the scenery both beautiful and horrifying at the same time. Also, the music, especially the first phase, is literally demonic. In fact, the whole thing is demonic. You're in an enormous cave underground filled with corpses fighting a once great if stern follower of the light now turned into an animalistic abomination who devours souls in order to overthrow and eat the Gods and controls lava and fire and you're helped by a divine spear that projects beams of light. The entire fight feels like you're in the Bible fighting Satan himself in the depths of Hell. It's simply horrifying in the good way

Here's my personal draft for Mohg (yes, there's an error in the name of the draft, I don't know how to correct a blog name):

Also, who's dealing with Sellen, Emirp? I can't make her since she's already taken (😩) but if there's a draft, I'm interested

I think she was alright, but for being the mascot boss, she was somewhat underwhelming. She has a great visual design and some really neat moves like the scarlet flower and clone attack.

My issue is still her waterfowl dance. Once you learn most bosses movesets, you feel a sense of accomplishment being able to dodge, parry, counter attack, etc. every attack. A good example of this would be Sword Saint Isshin in Sekiro. First time you fight him is crazy, but every subsequent fight is fairly simple because you got the moveset down. (and getting those lightning and Mikiri counters off are bliss).

Malenia can just nope with random super armor sometimes, and proceed to use that attack in your face. It's dodgable sure, but even after beating her 20+ times, I still don't have that feeling of accomplishing that dodge unless I'm 30+ feet away from her and let her attack first.

That's why I really like Mohg though. He's difficult, but fair. Has a great design, fantastic music, and memeworthy voice lines only rivaled by Rykard. Once you are able to beat him, I feel like you can comfortably say you've learned his moveset and can react accordingly.

Malenia still fits in the upper tier in boss rankings though. Probably about as satisfying as Dragonslayer Armor or Champion Gundyr, but should've been more akin to Lady Maria or Friede.

That's just my opinion though and I'm sure others will disagree with me, which is fine. :)

I think she was alright, but for being the mascot boss, she was somewhat underwhelming. She has a great visual design and some really neat moves like the scarlet flower and clone attack.

My issue is still her waterfowl dance. Once you learn most bosses movesets, you feel a sense of accomplishment being able to dodge, parry, counter attack, etc. every attack. A good example of this would be Sword Saint Isshin in Sekiro. First time you fight him is crazy, but every subsequent fight is fairly simple because you got the moveset down. (and getting those lightning and Mikiri counters off are bliss).

Malenia can just nope with random super armor sometimes, and proceed to use that attack in your face. It's dodgable sure, but even after beating her 20+ times, I still don't have that feeling of accomplishing that dodge unless I'm 30+ feet away from her and let her attack first.

That's why I really like Mohg though. He's difficult, but fair. Has a great design, fantastic music, and memeworthy voice lines only rivaled by Rykard. Once you are able to beat him, I feel like you can comfortably say you've learned his moveset and can react accordingly.

Malenia still fits in the upper tier in boss rankings though. Probably about as satisfying as Dragonslayer Armor or Champion Gundyr, but should've been more akin to Lady Maria or Friede.

That's just my opinion though and I'm sure others will disagree with me, which is fine. :)
Totally understand, I guess I'm just into the more "unfair" or severely punishing humanoid bosses.

Mohg is up there for me too, his music is probably S tier in terms of boss music next to Radagon.

Back