• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Nah.

Unless you are that one crazy guy that beat Sekiro with one hand you cant say that.

You aren't that bad ass. It's ok to admit a game has challenge, it doesn't diminish you. Dying even a few times per boss or in an area means you got challenged.

Sure, it is ok to admit the game is hard as ****. But I won't, because I don't think it is. I can like, easily bbeat any boss you want with any build you want me to use. Stop acting like the game is hard for everyone who plays it.

Unless you are some savant who beats all the bosses in one try you can't say it's not challenging.
me who beat every boss in DS Remake in one try
MlCkV7e.png

Sure, it is ok to admit the game is hard as ****. But I won't, because I don't think it is.
Apparently it's not ok to admit that, because you may get glib comments implying you are 'dumb' by toxic forumites, as you yourself demonstrated.

The word I used was 'challenging', by the way.

I can like, easily bbeat any boss you want with any build you want me to use.
And so can I. And you definitely had to work to get to that point. As did I.

Only difference is I'm not disingenuous enough to just blanketly call a game that I had to work on to the point of mastery, 'easy'. It might be easy now but it wasn't at one point.

Stop acting like the game is hard for everyone who plays it.
Lol did I say that? Can you even try to read? Once more putting words in my mouth.

There's two types of toxicity in the souls community on opposite extremes.

There's the game journalists that demand an easy mode despite it going against the director's visions of a shared experience for all players. And then there's smug elitists on the opposite end that look down on others when they are experiencing challenges and just use reductive statements about how easy the game is instead of being helpful. The latter is apparently you.

Unless you beat the games with only single digit deaths on your first playthroughs or you are that one guy that beat Sekiro with literally one hand, don't be that guy.

dude what the **** are you thinking this is? A debate? **** off with this. I don't think the games are difficult. Stop being annoying.

My bullshit = I don't think the game is hard and half of the bosses are dogshit. Sure, you can just **** off ahead and leave this thread or stop being cocky about other's opinions.

It seems you can't say FromSoft games are easy becayse muuuh dumbshit reasons. We can't have different opinions, the game being hard is a fact it seems. So hard.

Maybe you can stop being a toxic poster who calls people dumb for dying a few times to a boss?

I take your lack of addressing my criteria that you aren't actually bad ass enough to call the games easy because you cant meet said criteria.

So maybe stop fronting and being a faux edgelord bad ass.

Dude, I never called you dumb for dying a few times to a boss. I die a few times to a boss. You're putting word in my mouth now, and I won't accept that. I said the reasons you have are dumb, you are looking at this as a debate, while it's not. If you think the games are hard, yeah sure, you problem. I don't think the game is any hard, and I don't think Elden Ring will be any hard like DS 2 DLCs or even DS 1 DLCs.

I don't think the games are hard, my opinion. You have yours and it seems you're frustrated because you can't accept mine.

Regarding game difficulties, what about DS2? I know for the most part, DS2 is like the easiest one of them all, and I can agree with that. But what about the DLCs? I've been cockblocked so many times by the dlcs, tbh. **** the fume knight, man.

Aha okay, I can agree with that. The DLCs were pretty fun, more so than the game, but man some of the bosses just made me way more angry than I needed to be. Altho they were pretty darn cool. Except for the Blue smelter demon, I suppose.

Oh yeah, are there any indication on how many bosses are in ER? Like, 30+?

Dude, I never called you dumb for dying a few times to a boss. I die a few times to a boss. You're putting word in my mouth now, and I won't accept that. I said the reasons you have are dumb,
I literally quoted you. You implied if someone dies say a dozen times to a boss (a common occurrence going by countless YouTube vids) then they must be dumb.

There you go, you admit the game challenged you because you failed multiple times. Ergo you cant just blanketly say it's easy. That's disingenuous to the challenge you faced before you made it easy.

you are looking at this as a debate, while it's not. If you think the games are hard, yeah sure, you problem. I don't think the game is any hard, and I don't think Elden Ring will be any hard like DS 2 DLCs or even DS 1 DLCs.

I don't think the games are hard, my opinion. You have yours and it seems you're frustrated because you can't accept mine.
I never used the word 'hard', only challenging. I didn't breeze through the games on my first playthroughs and you certainly didn't either by the sounds of it.

My success with the games is no less than yours but I'm not going to front like I'm a bad ass and call a series where failure states are extremely common, 'easy'.

Soulsborne titles are known for challenge. Not being easy. Sadly they are also known for having toxic communities that front about them being easy after the fact where they've taken time to master them. Which is laughably dishonest.

You posting a vid of someone playing Sekiro blind folded is irony that's lost on you. Seeing as I've constantly mentioned someone that beat the game one handed.

*THOSE are examples of guys that can truly call these types of games easy or unchallenging. But even then they likely took a lot of time to get to that point.

This is a staff warning now. Stop this. I'm not entertaining you anymore with this bullshit.

But even then they likely took a lot of time to get to that point.
Me who beat every boss in Demon Souls remake first try on my first playthrough
TvBXgpA.png

Yeah, most of them are easy, the main ones are cool and hard not gonna lie. But some of them you can beat inn your first try, like Glass Knight for me.

Welp seeing that guy trying to argue with M3X was something but aligning with that I'm certainly not the best at souls games, I've only beat Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. Never finished demon's souls or sekiro for that matter either though likewise they aren't hard games by any means

According to what I've seen so far, the difficulty is the same as the previous DS and some Boss can easily be among the most difficult from software. While there are mechanics that make it easier, I haven't seen any below-normal difficulty. For those who already play this style of game it shouldn't be that difficult, but for those who it shouldn't be a huge headache.

Back