• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edgy girl with horns vs Edgy guy with hoodie

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nothing. One of my favorite 9-Bs recently stomped a Low 2-C.

Yes, I had to bring this up. No, I don't have anything relevant to say about this debate. Carry on.

Yikes. Really?

Any other potential matchups for Alex Mercer and Lucy yous have in mind?

@DeathNoodles

Thank you kindly, was looking for a thread like this.

@Pen

Explosion tanking is fine. I can believe that. Hell he did that on his earliest forms. But I don't see him turning into literal almost nothing. That's when things get a bit suspicious. We can't just easily compare the TNT force of a Predator Missile (or whatever hit him when he was looking for Dana) to a nuke just like that.

Forgot about that but that's not really vaporization recovery.

Oh and voting for Alex.

Oh yeah, final tally should be 7-1 (I'm Lucy's only vote >_>).

Only way she can win is via BFR (but chances are slim of that).

Well, the nuke scene is considered an outlier, so it doesn't scale to Mercer's durability and overall AP (since the blast radius of a 7-B nuke 1 mile from the epicentre would give it an AP of 8-C. This doesn't make sense as Mercer tanked the explosion of an entire military base point-black, which is 8-A AP, so he should've been unaffected in that distance).

Well, we literally got a scene of Mercer being incinerated from the inside and out... And we don't even know how long the time skip was, so Mercer could've likely regenerated into a puddle by then... Eh, not like it matters much as I'm not the one who made points about Mid-High Regenerationn, and it has already been long accepted.

Welp, it doesn't matter either way, a vote is a vote.

Alex Mercer: 8

Lucy: 0

This feels like kicking a dead horse.

Makes sense. The nuke is far but not that far though the helicopter flight speech could maybe be based on what the range of a nuke is and how fast it can move.

I'm looking at the scene. It does not look like Alex being turned to ash. Is this really what stands for Mid-High? Cause this looks more like a Low-High... Also the electric resistance feat is quite assumptious. Well I'm gonna make a CRT to not get this off topic and closed then.

I think the distance was estimated using the average speed of a helicopter, and how much distance it could cover from the seconds in that scene, which was around 1 mile.

Well, vaporization tends to be invisible. We're talking about solid matter being converted into gaseous matter after all.

You can go ahead and make the CRT though, but whether or not the general consensus (the knowledgeable members of Prototype especially) would accept it is an entirely different matter.

Fair nuff.

Well, I was once a Knowledgeable Member of that Franchise trained from numerous Alex vs Cole matches in my early years lol. I'm (CoreOfimBalance(COB)) until I somehow lost my password to that account and can't access it. Worth a shot, I still want to fix that electric resistance feat anyway.

Uh

Based on Prom's comment, this is a stomp.

Mr. Bambu said:
Uh

Based on Prom's comment, this is a stomp.
I mean, based on Prom's comment, she basically stated that BFR for Lucy is a possibility (and she's one of the knowledgeable members of the Elfen Lied characters) rather than an impossibility. Just because it's not in-character for a character to use a method at the beginning of a match doesn't mean that that it's out-of-character to use that method all together. She could just think of BFRing Mercer later on during the course of the fight. It's an another case of the character being too slow (or whatever it is) to carry out a method before they lose as you've mentioned.

Also, she apparently has some bad experiences with tear gasses, so she might be able to levitate out of the way (not sure if she would assume it's a tear gas straight away, since she could just think it's a smokescreen, but yeah) in time. That wouldn't really do much other than stalling at best, but that stalling could lead her to think of BFR as an option eventually.

So, I don't think this match is a stomp. And Promestein didn't do anything to this thread outside of commenting and voting, so I doubt she thinks it's a "stomp" either.

I have a question unrelated to the matchup: if you get hit by someone who is massively stronger than you (I.e. 1,000 times), can the person being hit (and has mid-high regen) survive said attack?

No, based on Prom's comment Lucy wouldn't BFR. Meaning there is no situation in which Lucy would win in-character.

And yes, Migue. Unless the first person has attacks that would atomize you or whatever, then yeah. You'd be splattered to paste for sure, but matter-based damage wouldn't be done.

Mr. Bambu said:
No, based on Prom's comment Lucy wouldn't BFR. Meaning there is no situation in which Lucy would win in-character.

And yes, Migue. Unless the first person has attacks that would atomize you or whatever, then yeah. You'd be splattered to paste for sure, but matter-based damage wouldn't be done.
So, vaporization wouldn't work, either.

Unless her attacks do that already, no.

Her attacks do that. Also, I forgot to mention that her vectors emit neutrons (according to her profile), which are smaller than atoms. Shouldn't that count to at least vaporization?

Prom didn't say Lucy wouldn't, she says that she doesn't know.

Also, you do know that not all characters isn't limited to just simple tactics (or only just that one tactic) in a fight, right?

The Intelligence section of the characters exists for a reason, and none of it suggests that Lucy is below average in intelligence by any means (even describing her as "cunning", "makes full use of her surroundings when fighting", "no stranger to fighting dirty", and "use whatever means at her disposal to defeat her opponents". Emphasis on the last part). Based on what her Intelligence section says, she "uses whatever means at her disposal to defeat her opponents", and BFR is definitely part of her disposal. It doesn't mean that a character would literally do the same tactic over and over when they tend to start off with their usual strategy in the beginning of a match.

And Prom literally confirmed that BFR to space is a possibility, not an impossibility.

Migue79 said:
Her attacks do that. Also, I forgot to mention that her vectors emit neutrons (according to her profile), which are smaller than atoms. Shouldn't that count to at least vaporization?
Prom says that Lucy's strongest attack would vaporize a 7-C character, so maybe.

Wew.

Alright, let's take a look at this.

Being smart doesn't mean you'll betray your in-character moves. I don't know what suggests that. If X Character has never done something, has never thought to do something, then that's not in-character.

As for you quoting Prom for it being possible. Physically, yes, it is possible. What she also said was that she doesn't know if she actually would. Meaning it wouldn't exactly be in-character. That still would render this a stomp via regen.

I'm closing this since no better proposition as to why this isn't a stomp exists. yeet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back