• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edgy girl with horns vs Edgy guy with hoodie

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThePixelKirby said:
The pen or the sword said:
Ehh if she were less sadistic and more willing to go for the kill this'd be a different matter but her in character behavior brings this from mid high diff in mercers favor, to a low mid. Odds are she impales him on her vectors, pulls him close and is imediatly consumed/infected. She has no way to deal with mercers abosrbiton and infection.
But... she is sadistic and willing to kill. Extremely much so. "Once you are incapacitated, I am going to rip off your limbs and leave you naked and bleeding out" levels of cruel, but also "I'm going to kill literally everyone I see with lethal strikes to the head or vital organs" cruel.
Sure. In fact Lucy's first move is usually cutting off limbs or bursting off heads. Which (Carnage and) Alex Mercer has low-high to mid-high Regenerationn to counter.

But Mercer can still gas Lucy or touch to absorb/infect/zankaiken Lucy. And something Lucy does not see really much in her Elfen Lied universe.

I still am going to vote Mercer. Just making that clear. Mercer FRA.

Yeah and going for the organs that mercer doesn't have is a terrible idea, as is slicing off his limbs and spreading his biomass everywhere, especiall since if even a peice of it touches her she drops dead.

I don't know what version of lucy you read about but she gets covered in the viscera of her opponents all the time. She drags out there suffering and is liable to assume mercer is dead before he actually is. A strategy mercer has used to great effect in the past.

Lucy has no way to deal with mercers regen, no way to deal with his infection, and no way to deal with his absorbtion. So far the only conceivable win con for her is chucking mercer into space using her vectors.

You know, it's quite funny.

Most normies (or most people who only knows about characters with great raw power) would think Lucy (especially the EoS manga version) would curbstomp Alex Mercer, yet this match has Mercer decisively (almost stomp-like, kind of) winning against the strongest version of Lucy. It's amazing how hax can change the course and outcome of an entire fight.

DeathNoodles said:
You know, it's quite funny.
Most normies (or most people who only knows about characters with great raw power) would think Lucy (especially the EoS manga version) would curbstomp Alex Mercer, yet this match has Mercer decisively (almost stomp-like, kind of) winning against the strongest version of Lucy. It's amazing how hax can change the course and outcome of an entire fight.
mate most "normies" think she is plenet level also most normies think that alucard would beat mercer with ease but thats just wrong and we all know that

Indeed.

Still though, the idea that Pre-Schrodinger Alucard can beat Alex Mercer (especially "with ease" as they were implying) had me laughing. XD

mah guy i was on one of many debates a few years back and there was a debate with mercer vs alucard that was over 18 pages long

and it was level 0 alucard aka the most vonrubale alucard

some people even thought that the ******* zombies he realsed could possibly overwhelm mercer

like really you think something that he himself deals with for the entire game would kill him? really??

Damn, it must be pretty rough, to be a part of one of those debates back then. From what I can tell, there were quite a sizeable amount of Alucard wankers a few years back.

Also, I can say that Alucard's zombies (and ghouls or nazi vampires) are weaker than the zombies in Prototype. I mean, one of the Walkers (a regular infected, thus among the weakest of the infected) was able to one-shot a foot soldier (which is basically an athletic human) with a single blow, can crawl up vertical surfaces, as well as jump at inhuman heights. Don't even get me started on the more stronger infected like the Flyers (which can knock a helicopter out of the sky) or even the regular Hunters (which can toss trucks and APCs with as much ease as us tossing baseballs and harm early game Mercer, who was able to tank the explosion of an entire military base).

I'm pretty sure Alucard's zombies (as well as ghouls and nazi vampires) has nothing on the Prototype infected, so I doubt they can even do anything against Mercer.

DeathNoodles said:
Damn, it must be pretty rough, to be a part of one of those debates back then. From what I can tell, there were quite a sizeable amount of Alucard wankers a few years back.
Also, I can say that Alucard's zombies (and ghouls or nazi vampires) are weaker than the zombies in Prototype. I mean, one of the Walkers (a regular infected, thus among the weakest of the infected) was able to one-shot a foot soldier (which is basically an athletic human) with a single blow, can crawl up vertical surfaces, as well as jump at inhuman heights. Don't even get me started on the more stronger infected like the Flyers (which can knock a helicopter out of the sky) or even the regular Hunters (which can toss trucks and APCs with as much ease as us tossing baseballs and harm early game Mercer, who was able to tank the explosion of an entire military base).

I'm pretty sure Alucard's zombies (as well as ghouls and nazi vampires) has nothing on the Prototype infected, so I doubt they can even do anything against Mercer.
mate you don't need to explain me prototype i've been playing it off and on for the past 10 years now and i've been debating it for the same amount of time

and regular zombies can tear a human being in half seen in prototype 2 if you leave a corpse near 2 walkers they'll start munching on it and they will try to take it from one another and they'll rip it in half thats like a 9C to borderline 9B feat and those aren't even the evolved walkers form P1 which could jump insane distances and crawl on walls(they are probobly 9A aka as strong as your basic vampire if not stronger)

and yeah you would not belive the amount of wankege alucard and hellsing recived back in the day

I had some guy claim that a regular vapmire is on even grounds with mercer cuse they can rip through a human with a punch just like mercer whihch was litterely his only point that he used for an intire debate (even though, you know.. mercer can cumbust a human body with a single punch)

Indeed. As you've said, the Prototype infected (even the fodders such as the Walkers) are just plain too superhuman to be treated as your typical zombies in an apocalypse.

Yeah, sounds pretty rough indeed. At least Mercer gets more attention to his capabilities in this site than most other sites (where some other sites treat bullets are as something that can harm him, or his Regenerationn being entirely dependent on his biomass and whether or not he consumes the nearest target) and finally doing his character justice here. Now, we just need to wait for more votes to conclude this fight and cement the glory that he deserves...

yeah the only zombie/infection appocolipse i would fear is the prototype one in a regular zombie appocolipse i stand a chance a bat to the head zombie is dead prototype appocolipse is like having every zombie be stronger then a god damned gorilla being able to tear a althletic human in half with ease, i would stand no chance(but there is that slim chance that i might be compatable with the virus and become a litteral demi god)

and yeah the glory of one of the most broken hax chains for his tear that allows him to take on a 6C charater and win while being 7C

god do i wish for a new installment in the serise where we get more feats for the virus and the infected

Well nigh haxless 3D characters losing against haxxed 3D characters is not something to cheer for.

(Lucy is not a nigh haxless character but she just gets countered badly by one or two characters with similar raw strength.)

But it would be hard to find opponents against a haxxed character unless the said character is more haxxed.

And are Prototype characters still yeeted by InFamous characters?

Well, Mercer still gets yeeted by any version of Cole (seriously, look at Cole's profile, he's so Anti-Alex Mercer it's not even funny) until he has a confirmed win condition beyond the questionable Disease Manipulation (which we don't even know if it should overcome Cole's resistance to Disease Manipulation or not), and he definitely gets annihilated by top-tier Infamous characters like The Beast or Beast Cole.

Finding a decent match for Mercer is harder than one would think.

DeathNoodles said:
Indeed.
It's a shame Radical Entertainment is gone though, so I doubt we would get a Prototype 3 anytime soon, sadly.
yeah although im geting a bit of a fix lately with some youtubers like whitelight making videos with prototype 3 ideas and oh god are they good (and boy oh boy do i still hope that prototype 3 gets made in the next decade because belive me i'd wait that long and i also being hearing rumors about rockstar wanting to buy the rights to prototype but im preaty sure those are just rumors but **** if they actually did it'd be so god damned amazing cuse rockstar can write a half disant story unlike radical with prototype 2 they really lost they're touch after P1)

Well, let's hope Rockstar wanting to buy rights to Prototype isn't just rumours (probably is just rumours, but one can only hope right?)

Anyways, just to remind any other users of the scores:

Lucy: 0

Alex Mercer: 5

Jasonsith said:
And are Prototype characters still yeeted by InFamous characters?
eh the ones who can't resist abosorpion get smacked by mercer and heller(which includes a large portion of inFAMAUSE second sons charaters since they don't have resistence to absorption like cole over there with his quntum level resistence) but most high tiers splatter him with ease

he also ***** up all the vampires(cole excluded for reasons that are really obviouse) since they don't have any disease resistence unlike conduiets so mercer just gases them and thats it for them

hay now i think of this we can have bloody marry fight mercer(im intrested will mercer be able to beat a high 6C without diesease resistance or absorption resistence)

Hmm. Based on her profile, Mercer should have a win condition. I guess that's one of the potential matches to look forward to after this match concludes.

Calling something so out of character, hyper specific, and impossible to pull off before the enemy wins a win condition is just silly. There's no chance whatsoever that Lucy would see this guy and decide her best option is repeatedly trying to crush him and slowly lift him to space, so he just spreads the virus as she tries to harm him and wins quickly.

I think this is a stomp.

OOC win condition is still win condition. There has been other matches that has been considered stomps not that long ago because they require one character to act OOC to have a win condition, but that didn't stop them from being added to the profiles of each characters (as it still counts as win condition).

As long as there's a possible win condition in this case, even if it would require Lucy to act Out-Of-Character, it wouldn't exactly be considered a stomp as she still has a possible way to win (especially since her vectors can reach to space).

Except it's something so specific that there are few if any scenarios where she would ever think of it, and it's not something she would ever be able to pull off before he just gassed her.

And that's nothing new as other matches has been like that not too long ago. The Vanilla Ice vs Alex Mercer thread requires Vanilla Ice to have to attack faster than when Mercer makes the first move (which requires a change of mindset due to how his character could work) of gassing didn't stop that thread from concluding in Mercer's victory, all because Vanilla Ice still had a win condition.

It doesn't matter how specific or circumstantial it is, it would still count as a win condition if there's even a possibility that a character could win (but all it does is require a change of mindsets). That hasn't changed for the other matches with similar case before, so I doubt this one should be an exception.

Sheer length cannot throw a person into space. Sheer force can.

Lucy is Class K and Alex is Class M at his 7-C form (the strongest form - which OP has dictated). Even if Alex cannot destroy the vector walls holding him (being 7-A dura), Alex can still rip open between 2 walls like opening a shut blast door.

Of course Lucy can send another pair of vector hands to create another small walled room to send Alex into space (and rinse and repeat).

Read here for the mechanism of how Lucy "is possible" to win.

Really? I've seen several matches declared stomps because there was no way to win due to mind-set.

Also, again, she wouldn't be able to pull this off in pretty much any situation, because it would have to be a long process, and in that time she's guaranteed to die to airborne infection.

Each VS matches depends on a case by case basis.

In this case, Lucy should be able to pull it off because of her feat of having her vectors reach into space. If Lucy didn't have that feat, you might have a point of it being a stomp, but she does so it's still a win condition.

Again, this should not be a stomp just simply because it takes Lucy a while to figure out that dragging Mercer to space is essentially the only way to win. An OOC win condition is still a win condition. We can only be certain if it's a stomp if a character actually has no win conditions, regardless of change in mindsets.

Also, are you going to vote for any of these characters? Or you're not going to vote because you still think it's a stomp?

I'm asking because I want to know which of the characters you're voting for, outside of thinking that this match is a stomp.

Having vectors reach space doesn't mean she can easily lift someone there. The process described above isn't something that can be performed quickly. It's slowly pushing a guy that outlifts you into the air, while he will just take a few seconds to kill her by releasing the virus into the air. Even if she knows to do this from the beginning, she still dies before she can pull it off.

Blahblah9755 said:
Having vectors reach space doesn't mean she can easily lift someone there. The process described above isn't something that can be performed quickly. It's slowly pushing a guy that outlifts you into the air, while he will just take a few seconds to kill her by releasing the virus into the air. Even if she knows to do this from the beginning, she still dies before she can pull it off.
She can keep her distance while doing so. While Mercer's viral gasses can reach a pretty sizeable distance (enough to cover an entire district within an instant, and later encompass an entire city), she can simply just drag him to space while she is several dozens of kilometres away. She can still use her vectors to keep her distance by creating more distance between them (possibly by using her vectors to drag herself away). The process that Lucy could use against Mercer was already explained by Jasonsith, regardless on whether or not it's OOC.

Again, she still has a win condition (doesn't matter if it's OOC) because she can still drag him to space from a great distance to avoid surprise attacks from Mercer.

Now, are you going to actually vote, or are you going to argue that it's a stomp again and again (it's starting to get tedious when you keep doing that) without voting?

Why would I vote if I'm arguing it's a stomp?

Unless she knows about his abilities in advance, she has no reason to be that far away, this is regardless of mindset.

Because it would get more and more tedious if you're arguing that it's a stomp, and not voting in case it's not a stomp.

She may not have prior knowledge of his abilities, but neither does most other characters against their opponents in other VS matches either, and that still is a valid match because it's still a possibility for victory (thus, a win condition). Again, a change in mindset could mean that she could keep her distance away from Mercer before he makes the first move in caution (regardless of prior knowledge). A change in mindset can change the outcome of an entire situation.

While it would be a stomp if there is actually no win condition (and the outcome doesn't change even with changes in mindset), this thread isn't such a case as the outcome ca change if her mindset was different.

Carnage vs Lucy was heavily stacked in Carnage's favour, and yet it still got added to both of their profiles. Ainz vs Touma was heavily stacked in Touma's favour because of Ainz's supposed character and Touma's Power Nullification and Precognition (as well as there being a short starting distance), but that still didn't prevent the matches from being added to both of their profiles. Okuyasu Nijimura vs Weiss Schnee thread is borderline unfair in Weiss' favour because Okuyasu is dumb enough that his hax doesn't matter much, but that still got added to both of the character's profiles with Weiss' victory.

A character's behaviour and CIS is not the entire factor that makes a match a stomp, especially when they still have a win condition.

Blahblah9755 said:
Why would I vote if I'm arguing it's a stomp?

Unless she knows about his abilities in advance, she has no reason to be that far away, this is regardless of mindset.
A win is a win, whether it is a stompy one or decisive one.

Most versus debates straight out do not even have the concept of stompy match or decisive match.

honestly if you want a knowledgeable vote, Prom is pretty much the best you're gonna get for Lucy.

Also, to be clear, voting on a stomp thread is indeed a pointless act. "A win is a win" doesn't matter when the match is illegitimate. Don't really know about that, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back