• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edgy girl with horns vs Edgy guy with hoodie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we look at there in chacter reactions to one another. They both assume they are in combat so...

Lucy begins hunting mercer, unaware that being anywhere near him is a terrible idea. In character she impales him on her vector and drags him close to relish his suffering. Mercer immediatly gasses and or jams his whip fist through her skull.

All of that is considering lucy doesn't get herself covered in mercers biomass which is somthing she will again do in character. Even assuming the nuke attack will kill mercer she in character isn't liable to use it until mercer has already killed her

Migue79 said:
Her 7-C key can last pretty long (arguably as long as her base and long horns, but DEFINITELY much longer than post-melting). She can extend them for 2 km without melting, unless you count coughing blood as melting).

Her stamina is stated as high in her profile, mainly due to her high pain tolerance and willpower.

Doesn't nuclear fusion split atoms? They do cause neutrons to be freed, which is smaller than an atom.
I still don't know the exact time she would last though. All I know is, she doesn't have limitless stamina like Mercer, so she can get worn down (but I still don't know the exact length of time she would last).

Nukes uses Nuclear Fusion and Nuclear Fission in real life to cause explosions, and the most powerful nuke (Tsar Bomba) only has an AP of potentially 7-A. And since her blast is compared to the energy of Nuclear Fusion, that isn't really much of a proof for atomisation. All that proves is that her attacks can be as powerful as actual nukes, that's about it. That doesn't necessarily mean she can perform nuclear fusion or fission on her target though. Having the output of the energy of nuclear fusion does not mean you can perform nuclear fusion on something after all. If Lucy does have any other evidence of being able to actually reduce her target into atoms (outside of her attacks being comparable to "the energy of nuclear fusion") via sheer AP, I would like to see it.

But sure, I can wait for Promestein's input.

Edit: I'm going to bed. I'll be back tomorrow.

The pen or the sword said:
Why don't we look at there in chacter reactions to one another. They both assume they are in combat so...

Lucy begins hunting mercer, unaware that being anywhere near him is a terrible idea. In character she impales him on her vector and drags him close to relish his suffering. Mercer immediatly gasses and or jams his whip fist through her skull.

All of that is considering lucy doesn't get herself covered in mercers biomass which is somthing she will again do in character. Even assuming the nuke attack will kill mercer she in character isn't liable to use it until mercer has already killed her
If you think Lucy acts anything like that against a worthy opponent, then you need to re-read the 107 chapters of the Elfen Lied manga.

Oh, and name me one time that wasn't when she was a child that she got blood all over herself when killing people and name me one time she "impales her opponent and relishes their suffering" in the Elfen Lied manga.

You're also contradicting what DeathNoodles is saying about what in-character Alex does. You're saying he would stand still and take the hit, but DeathNoodles says that he would shoot out the gas immediately.

Anyways, I'll be working on my calculation until Promestein comes.

Dont know the manga watched some of the anime so fair enough. She has no idea mercer is a worthy opponent though, she doesnt know anything about mercer or his abilities. Mecers not liable to get hit by her unless its part of his plan so fair enough.

Actually thats my main problem with your stance. Lucy could hold herself two kilometers in the air but why would she do that? Shes only going to learn of the gas when mercer uses it. Shes only going to realize mercer isnt human when he uses one of his blacklight capabilities and even than she knows nothing about mercer.

Mercer is in the same boat but has easier means to kill her. Lucy doesn't know she needs to disintergate mercer, while mercer contrastly is far more open to infection and absorbtion.

FIne lets wait on promestein.

Off topic

I honestly cant stand stories that ship mercer with anyone, hes a sentient virus with massive chip on his shoulder and the voices of those he kills in his head. I honsetly cant conceive a scenario where mercer in character lets lucy live after learning of her capablities. How can they understand eachother? Though thats off topic.

I still don't know the exact time she would last though. All I know is, she doesn't have limitless stamina like Mercer, so she can get worn down (but I still don't know the exact length of time she would last).

Nukes uses Nuclear Fusion and Nuclear Fission in real life to cause explosions, and the most powerful nuke (Tsar Bomba) only has an AP of potentially 7-A. And since her blast is compared to the energy of Nuclear Fusion, that isn't really much of a proof for atomisation. All that proves is that her attacks can be as powerful as actual nukes, that's about it. That doesn't necessarily mean she can perform nuclear fusion or fission on her target though. Having the output of the energy of nuclear fusion does not mean you can perform nuclear fusion on something after all. If Lucy does have any other evidence of being able to actually reduce her target into atoms (outside of her attacks being comparable to "the energy of nuclear fusion") via sheer AP, I would like to see it.

But sure, I can wait for Promestein's input.

Edit: I'm going to bed. I'll be back tomorrow.

Night, night

7-C Lucy with potential 6-C abilities is a much different fighter and character than her regular self - she doesn't **** around. Her 7-C feat is nuking someone helpless, who she could've killed easily with anything else, and she proceeded to instantly kill everyone else she killed in the manga. Not a single death was drawn out and torturous besides her own.

That being said, I don't see how Lucy could kill someone with Mid-High Regenerationn. Her strongest attack would only vaporize him. She COULD BFR him, but I dunno if she would.

So about what I originally thought, mercer regen, infinite stamina, absorbtion and infection wins him the day. Lucy could throw him into space but by the time she realizes thats her win con shes likly been infected or absorbed.

So the Battle has to be won by killing or BFR? No incapacitation?

How would you incapcitate mercer? Disintergrating just means he needs to reform which wont take long.

edit Heck lucy is more liable to be incapcitated if what I read about her horns, and emotional instability is to be beleived.

Alex also scales to the supreme hunter which fully reformed from a puddle of liquid in seven seconds....

So votes?

Edit this seems pretty decisive to me, lucy's win con is one shes not liable to use early on. Any mistake on her part results in her being infected or absorbed by mercer, both sides can win but mercer has far more ways to do so and all of them are in character for him to use....

Is that a vote I hear? Look at it this way mercer walks off with some new vectors and with the evolutionary power of blacklight they can end up very interesting.

edit, I aplogize the above statment may have come across as pressuring when I meant for it to be teasing.

The pen or the sword said:
Is that a vote I hear? Look at it this way mercer walks off with some new vectors and with the evolutionary power of blacklight they can end up very interesting.
as i stated before planet sized claws/blades

the one thing i imagine is the blades

i see it as the head blades form Parasyte but instead of slashing humans apart it slashes planets in halfs

I think that's a vote from Promestein?

I mean, she literally states that she doesn't think Lucy can kill someone with Mid-High Regenerationn (and also states that Lucy can BFR her opponent, but doesn't know if Lucy would do such, I think especially from the start), so that's probably a vote to Lucy's opponent (I think) from her...

Has this match be concluded? We can have a general discussion thread if anyone wants to derail.

Jasonsith said:
Has this match be concluded? We can have a general discussion thread if anyone wants to derail.
We need one more vote for Alex Mercer, and wait for grace period to arrive and be over, for this thread to conclude.

Wait, what's the main arguments for Alex winning? This is a behemoth of a thread but there's a definite limit to Alex's Regenerationn as seen with Alex vs James. Also Prom herself stated that she can vaporize him. It's not a vote for Alex directly but rather it seems to be a toss up.

Don't count that as a vote when it's unclear now.

Pen has replied to her, and Prom stated that she has already placed a vote (a vote for Lucy's opponent).

And the Regenerationn limit you're speaking off is now nonexistent in Alex Mercer's profile (and has been debunked), due to the previous CRTs (especially the ones about his Regenerationn).

Go check her wall (I doubled checked with her), mercers regen against heller was considered an anti feat. He has straight mid to high regen with his fight against heller being deemed pis. Thus lucy win con is throwing mercer into space which she isn't liable to do before mercer gasses or absorbs her.

Ninja'd

Oh nvm then. Inclined to agree too anyway

Him losing is PIS. But him running out of biomass has always been consistent. It almost happened with the nuke and all and looking at his profile he certainly wasn't vaporized.

Ciruno Fortes said:
But him running out of biomass has always been consistent. It almost happened with the nuke and all and looking at his profile he certainly wasn't vaporized.
Link

Read that CRT. The points in that thread has long since been accepted by the Knowledgeable members of Prototype, and has also been evaluated and approved by the staff. Biomass-dependent Regenerationn is no longer a thing in Mercer's profile as it was before.

DeathNoodles said:
That moment when a character with 6-C abilities falls to a 7-C character.
That's nothing. One of my favorite 9-Bs recently stomped a Low 2-C.
Yes, I had to bring this up. No, I don't have anything relevant to say about this debate. Carry on.

Not really though, nuke disintergrated a large portion of him with heat and radioactivity. Bullets affecting him was a game play mechanic and in cutscenes he tanked far higher yeild explosions without a problem.

He scales to the supreme hunter which regenerated from small puddles of goo within seven seconds. That are a multitude of other reasons that were covered in perivous crts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back