• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edens Zero Discussion Thread: The Post-Void Saga!

A tad anti-climactic, but I'm glad Pino isn't dead and Shiki got a sweet new form.

I wish they hadn't redeemed him, though.

Anti-cimactic yes but instead of power it hits you with feels oof. You can't use the same trick again Hiro not cool. Very not cool.

Also feels perfect for something the real Ziggy would do.

Is this the last chapter?
No, they still need to clean up all the mess at Lendard and for Shiki and OSI's relationship to be fixed. We also need to know more about Nox.

I would still say that this is all almost over, a good chance for me to reread everything and put it all into perspective.

great chapter,

glad that Pino is alive, goodbye Ziggy you will be in our hearts,

and now that Ziggy is gone, there is only one thing left, the true enemy that is gonna be reaveled in the next chapters,

.................................................hmm?......................wait a minute...................................................uh oh

i just realized that there is actually another problem left:

the ******* Chronophage that is coming to Lendard, the one we completely forgot about it because of everything happened

wow amazing chapter,

Shiki got a great power up, and we finally discover the real enemy, and no one even expected it about

what can i say except well done Hiro

oh hey Saman nice to see you there,

also i didn't understand the phrase
He bawling basically lol.

But yeah pretty sad end to the two. I really thought they were going to get away. I'm not surprised at the final arc being next, but I'm not too sure it'll be finished that fast honestly.

It's a very unique ending for Hiro

Having the MC actually kill a good person for the greater good so they won't get possessed
Hey Mitch so this arc is almost if not completely over, sorry to ask you but can you give your toughts on this last chapter and overall the entire Lendard Arc?

its just that i want to know your opinion since you're the best supporter of all Mashima works, and can give a complete and accurate description of all of this

Hey Mitch so this arc is almost if not completely over, sorry to ask you but can you give your toughts on this last chapter and overall the entire Lendard Arc?

its just that i want to know your opinion since you're the best supporter of all Mashima works, and can give a complete and accurate description of all of this
I have very mixed feelings on this arc. I feel I need to sit on this arc for a good while before I fully conclude how I feel about it. But I'll give my thoughts on how I feel right now.

On one hand, it feels like it's been going on for a while, but on the other, it feels like it went really fast. Hiro very clearly does not want Edens Zero to be long and he never intended for it to be as long as it is now. Right before this arc, he must have realized just how much shit he set up and he didn't want to deal with all this crap heading into the Final Arc, so he decided to deal with all the Oracion Seis, Dark Stars, and Ziggy all in one arc to get through it all. He started taking his time with the Dark Stars and slowly dealing with all the problems they presented and I thought that was pretty well handled. The Dark Stars all got decent fights where they got to show off what they were capable of. I also thought Elsie and Ziggy's scuffle was handled quite well and set up some good shit. When we eventually started getting into the Deadend Crow stuff, I really started noticing that Hiro was rushing. Cure was a neat idea and added some much needed depth to the story, but he was dealt with far too fast and we flat out should have just gotten way more to him before and during this arc, but in terms of Holy and Deadend Crow, the monster himself had a decent enough fight. As for the Crew of the Edens Zero. Sadly at some point, they stopped feeling relevant and really didn't have any remaining stake or weight in the arc, which was a big downside for me personally considering I love their characters. After the Dark Stars, Weisz and Rebecca basically do nothing for the rest of the arc and pretty much fade into obscurity. Jinn, Laguna, and Kleene also basically do nothing relevant aside from persuading Holy to think the way they do. As for Elsie and Justice, I love what Hiro was trying to do with them, but yet again, it felt very rushed. If Elsie and Justice had a full on battle and decent lengthed fight against Acnoella and it still somehow ends with Elsei backstabbing Acnoella once Justice realizes who she is, that would be fine. I do also like what happened with Jesse. I think it was very appropriate for a little shit like that to sneakily try and deal with Elsie only to get killed pathetically himself. As for how Elsie and Justice's story ended, it's pretty much what I expected and it does make sense. At this point, Elsie has lost the most important people in her life and just doesn't want to live anymore. Justice also found out his entire reason for living was a lie and the kingdom he once loved was fake to begin with. So them choosing to die together was tragic as hell and honestly very fitting for 2 individuals who gave up on life... I just wish it was proceeded by a focused fight with Acnoella that could really give these guys one last big fight and send off. Now let's get to the big and best part of the arc... Ziggy. This guy was the best part of the arc by far. Him being revealed to be Shiki was a great reveal and his battle against Shiki was quite nice. Him being possessed did sorta make it less interesting that he was evil, but I don't hate that either. The big twist that the Edens One was the true villain the whole time isn't exactly what I expected... Elsie being evil still probably would have been a better twist, but the concept of an AI that concludes Humanity needs to die based on what it and Ziggy have seen can be potentially very interesting. What I really liked is how Ziggy and Shiki's battle ended between the two of them for real. It was the real Ziggy forcing Shiki to kill him and Shiki obliged. It was a very unique ending to a Hiro Mashima fight and it will likely set the tone for Shiki moving forward. He will no longer take chances and will eliminate anyone who is a threat to him and the people he loves.

Obviously there's still a lot left to figure out such as who Shiki actually is, what's the deal with Saint Nox and Connor, why are the cosmos' are named after Shiki, what will Shiki find when he reaches Mother, what's the deal with the 4 Shining Stars previously being Human, and what the deal actually is with the Edens One, so we have that to look forward to. This arc was still rather enjoyable most of the way through even with the rushed elements and hopefully now that Hiro has dealt with a lot of his leftover baggage, I hope he can have a focused final arc that sends off the series in a great way.

In general, I would say while this was a very flawed arc that had some classic Hiro moments where he just rushes and gives up on plotlines, it was still rather enjoyable overall and and managed to be a fun arc. Also damn there was a **** ton of deaths this arc... In conclusion, I give this arc a solid 6.5/10

I'm still trying to re-read through the entire arc, so I'm not going to give my input before I am finished. There's still at least a week for me to get my thoughts together so bear with me.

I also thought Elsie and Ziggy's scuffle was handled quite well and set up some good shit.
Ziggy and Shiki's battle ended between the two of them for real. It was the real Ziggy forcing Shiki to kill him and Shiki obliged. It was a very unique ending to a Hiro Mashima fight and it will likely set the tone for Shiki moving forward. He will no longer take chances and will eliminate anyone who is a threat to him and the people he loves.
Thematically ,these two were by far my FAVORITE parts of this arc and even the manga.

Everything about Elsie and Ziggy fighting in Elsie's homeland was soo impactful to me when I read it the first time.

I'm still trying to re-read through the entire arc, so I'm not going to give my input before I am finished. There's still at least a week for me to get my thoughts together so bear with me.
I changed my mind about the analysis thing. I'm still gonna re-read through EZ but I won't provide a review.

Also I read the new chapter and I thought it was nice.

Chapter 218.
Rebecca's grandmother was a badass, apparently.

Oddly enough, the backstory behind Rebecca's mom and her leaving Rebecca is like 90% the same as how I imagined it in my mass crossover that I'll probably never continue (with some differences, of course).

I imagined that they were an insane cult that worshipped the Chronophage as a god, and tried to sacrifice a young Rebecca to the Chronophage, but shortly after the ritual started, her parents saved her and teleported her and Happy* away, at the cost of their own lives.

The cult later got what it ******* deserved when the WG wiped it out for pragmatic reasons (since the Chronophage makes Pluton look like a cute sparkler in terms of WMD status).

...Should I use my powers of prophecy for good or for evil?

*On an unrelated note, EZ Happy was actually killed by the car ITTL, and FT Happy is actually EZ Happy's Edolas counterpart.

Last edited:
Back