• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edens Zero Discussion Thread: The Post-Void Saga!

But why should we fans try to get invested in the story if the characters' struggles and triumphs are rushed through and anyone not named Ziggy is given no time to shine?
Bruh like, what are you talking about? We've focused a lot on these characacters... Acnoella got wrapped up real quick yeah, but Deadend Crow got a decent amount of time dedicated to him. The Dark Stars got time to shine as well and they were who were important. Acnoella didn't have much of a place for importance in this story outside of furthering Elsie
Where's the tension?
You aren't feeling tension from the secret and true evil behind everything? Especially when in Edens Zero, the characters are dropping like flies

Don't tell me you don't feel tension from Elsie being the true evil...?
Considering how Mashima anime actually has good pacing (unlike Toei One Piece), a lot of anime-only fans are not going to understand why like 5 of this arc's fights start and end in the same episode.
Oh please, what Anime Onlies?

Bruh like, what are you talking about? We've focused a lot on these characacters... Acnoella got wrapped up real quick yeah, but Deadend Crow got a decent amount of time dedicated to him.
Deadend Crow made zero sense.
The Dark Stars got time to shine as well and they were who were important.
Eh.
Acnoella didn't have much of a place for importance in this story outside of furthering Elsie
Wasted potential
You aren't feeling tension from the secret and true evil behind everything? Especially when in Edens Zero, the characters are dropping like flies

Don't tell me you don't feel tension from Elsie being the true evil...?
If the next chapter lays things out then maybe.
Oh please, what Anime Onlies?
There are always anime-onlies.

i wanna be honest, for the way i see it

i agree that Deadend Crow, Cure and Acnoella should have lasted longer, however like Mitch i agree that the Plot right now is more important then these characters

basically Hiro is focusing more in the plot itself, not the non relevant characters

or at least that's what i think

do you agree with me Mitch?

i wanna be honest, for the way i see it

i agree that Deadend Crow, Cure and Acnoella should have lasted longer, however like Mitch i agree that the Plot right now is more important then these characters

basically Hiro is focusing more in the plot itself, not the non relevant characters

or at least that's what i think

do you agree with me Mitch?
I agree entirely. Ziggy, the Dark Stars, Elsie, and even the debaucle around Deadend Crow are all what Hiro wanted to focus on. We're getting huge lore drops and huge plot reveals that require time given to them. And now we have a lot of importance for Nox and Connor's relationship. Deadend Crow got a decent bit for what he was. And Cure was definitely rushed, I'll admit that, but if you just look at Deadend Crow and Cure as the same dude, that works. Point is there's no time for all of these villains to shine. Acnoella is a stepping stone for Elsie looks like, although she may not be dead yet. We'll figure it all out soon enough.

Edens Zero is still pretty hype right now, I mean we got Elsie being the potential end game boss for christ's sake

I agree entirely. Ziggy, the Dark Stars, Elsie, and even the debaucle around Deadend Crow are all what Hiro wanted to focus on. We're getting huge lore drops and huge plot reveals that require time given to them. And now we have a lot of importance for Nox and Connor's relationship. Deadend Crow got a decent bit for what he was. And Cure was definitely rushed, I'll admit that, but if you just look at Deadend Crow and Cure as the same dude, that works. Point is there's no time for all of these villains to shine. Acnoella is a stepping stone for Elsie looks like, although she may not be dead yet. We'll figure it all out soon enough.

Edens Zero is still pretty hype right now, I mean we got Elsie being the potential end game boss for christ's sake
The Dark Stars were never a focal point of the story, I do not understand why you believe those four were as none of them have been brought up even once at this point despite them quickly dying in the same arc we are currently in. The only one of them who was mildly important was Brigandine and his altercation with Homura since his relationship with Valkyrie was actually relevant to Homura's POV, and I should reiterate that it was only one of the four and nobody (even the Dark Stars) actually reflected on his death.

Deadend Crow and Cures' roles in the story only affected Holy's place in the narrative and I could argue even she is not remotely relevant to the main storyline between Elsie, Rebecca, Shiki and Ziggy.

The Dark Stars were never a focal point of the story, I do not understand why you believe those four were as none of them have been brought up even once at this point despite them quickly dying in the same arc we are currently in. The only one of them who was mildly important was Brigandine and his altercation with Homura since his relationship with Valkyrie was actually relevant to Homura's POV, and I should reiterate that it was only one of the four and nobody (even the Dark Stars) actually reflected on his death.

Deadend Crow and Cures' roles in the story only affected Holy's place in the narrative and I could argue even she is not remotely relevant to the main storyline between Elsie, Rebecca, Shiki and Ziggy.
The 4 Dark Stars are all very clearly important... Bruh Shiki saw them as Humans in the past

There's clearly far more to them that we will eventually learn

The 4 Dark Stars are all very clearly important... Bruh Shiki saw them as Humans in the past

There's clearly far more to them that we will eventually learn
...but they're dead.

There's nothing left to learn of them because they were quickly disposed of from the story. The only chance of screen time they have is via flashbacks by Shiki or whoever from the Shining Stars when investigating more lore about Ziggy himself and his plans. And, frankly, learning people who're dead just from flashbacks and not them living and breathing at the moment contributing to the story beyond just building to the lore just doesn't service their character well or make worthwhile experiences. What's more is that I simply cannot imagine them contributing anything monumental in the grand scheme of things to waste many panels exploring them as people when it would have been much better done earlier in the story. The Shining Stars themselves aren't at all affected by their deaths and clearly aren't prioritizing their history in order to investigate a bigger narrative about Elsie. Finally, and its just my own opinion, but I simply do not care about the Dark Stars. They had a chance to land a mark on me and they managed to fall even flatter than the folks from Ocean 6.

This could be just me struggling to accept Hiro's writing but for someone who has had nearly zero problems with his writing and storytelling for most of the manga up until this very arc and that I know that I'm not alone in my sentiments leads me to believe that there's something about this arc that has been lost.

...but they're dead.

There's nothing left to learn of them because they were quickly disposed of from the story. The only chance of screen time they have is via flashbacks by Shiki or whoever from the Shining Stars when investigating more lore about Ziggy himself and his plans. And, frankly, learning people who're dead just from flashbacks and not them living and breathing at the moment contributing to the story beyond just building to the lore just doesn't service their character well or make worthwhile experiences. What's more is that I simply cannot imagine them contributing anything monumental in the grand scheme of things to waste many panels exploring them as people when it would have been much better done earlier in the story. The Shining Stars themselves aren't at all affected by their deaths and clearly aren't prioritizing their history in order to investigate a bigger narrative about Elsie. Finally, and its just my own opinion, but I simply do not care about the Dark Stars. They had a chance to land a mark on me and they managed to fall even flatter than the folks from Ocean 6.

This could be just me struggling to accept Hiro's writing but for someone who has had nearly zero problems with his writing and storytelling for most of the manga up until this very arc and that I know that I'm not alone in my sentiments leads me to believe that there's something about this arc that has been lost.
*Me who's been reading Hiro's Manga for 11+ Years

Me: "Yep, this is what Hiro does"

All of what you just said simply means that there has been something wrong with his writing since over a decade and he's never managed to improve it. You're making the situation worse than before.
See that's the thing though, you're the one who has the problems. I don't see the story as being rushed or wasted. I see it as Hiro not wanting to further these characters to begin with. They're one off characters who don't have much relevance and don't actually matter to main plot, so Hiro doesn't expand upon them.

I don't have a problem with how Acnoella went out because I know it's meant to further Elsie's character. If you don't like that type of writing style, then don't read Hiro Mashima Manga, because Hiro moves fast and will get rid of characters that don't serve the main plot of the story.

See that's the thing though, you're the one who has the problems. I don't see the story as being rushed or wasted. I see it as Hiro not wanting to further these characters to begin with. They're one off characters who don't have much relevance and don't actually matter to main plot, so Hiro doesn't expand upon them.
You not seeing the situation the same way I do doesn't mean that the problem is all on me. I am not the only person here who has a problem with his writing in this arc and people have been critical of him as a writer for a very long time. I can go on and on about Hiro's mistreatment of his side characters but I would prefer waiting for this arc to be over for me to give my full perspective on the matter.
I don't have a problem with how Acnoella went out because I know it's meant to further Elsie's character. If you don't like that type of writing style, then don't read Hiro Mashima Manga, because Hiro moves fast and will get rid of characters that don't serve the main plot of the story.
See, this is what I dislike about you and countless people who relentlessly defend people's works against criticism. Instead of choosing to engage with criticism bit by bit and actually explain why you disagree with our assertions, you people take the fact that we are reading the story at all and weaponize that against us in order to remove us from spaces in order to preserve your gorgeous bubbles and believe that we are bad faith actors or a nuisance when we are not.

And have you bothered to even think about why people would even read/watch "bad media?" Maybe they do so because they themselves are aspiring writers who want to read poorly-written books/comics in order to learn from the mistakes writers make. Maybe because in spite of there being problems in the story, people want to keep reading it because there's content that is actually good for them and want more of it. Or maybe because the story is almost over and they spent so much time going through it that they want to see it to the end.

You don't have a problem with how Acnoella went overdrive, beat up both Justice and Homura and died by Elsie's hand all in one chapter and that's fine. But I do. I am capable of explaining why this abrupt death (assuming it even is one) as well as Hiro's writing style are insufficient for Elsie both as a character and a person and many other people can too. You can even excuse the atrocious writing for Cure. You can listen to me or choose not to, I don't care. But I'd rather not have to put up with your nonsense when I am being critical of the story.

You not seeing the situation the same way I do doesn't mean that the problem is all on me. I am not the only person here who has a problem with his writing in this arc and people have been critical of him as a writer for a very long time. I can go on and on about Hiro's mistreatment of his side characters but I would prefer waiting for this arc to be over for me to give my full perspective on the matter.

See, this is what I dislike about you and countless people who relentlessly defend people's works against criticism. Instead of choosing to engage with criticism bit by bit and actually explain why you disagree with our assertions, you people take the fact that we are reading the story at all and weaponize that against us in order to remove us from spaces in order to preserve your gorgeous bubbles and believe that we are bad faith actors or a nuisance when we are not.

And have you bothered to even think about why people would even read/watch "bad media?" Maybe they do so because they themselves are aspiring writers who want to read poorly-written books/comics in order to learn from the mistakes writers make. Maybe because in spite of there being problems in the story, people want to keep reading it because there's content that is actually good for them and want more of it. Or maybe because the story is almost over and they spent so much time going through it that they want to see it to the end.

You don't have a problem with how Acnoella went overdrive, beat up both Justice and Homura and died by Elsie's hand all in one chapter and that's fine. But I do. I am capable of explaining why this abrupt death (assuming it even is one) as well as Hiro's writing style are insufficient for Elsie both as a character and a person and many other people can too. You can even excuse the atrocious writing for Cure. You can listen to me or choose not to, I don't care. But I'd rather not have to put up with your nonsense when I am being critical of the story.
You should've seen him defend the disappointment that was Chapter 105 of 100 Years Quest

If a flaw in a series doesn’t bother me, I just don’t care about it. People are always so overly critical and negative now. Average writing is seen as garbage writing and people are willing to flip opinions of a series on a dime due to them reading it weekly. Even I, myself am guilty of this, but I try to avoid it. Usually we don’t get our true opinions on stuff till we have the full picture and sit on it for a while. I just try to ignore minor flaws and move on cause it’s a series that I just wanna have fun with. Hiro’s writing flaws don’t bother me cause I expect this kind of writing from him after 11 years and the good writing he’s done always outdoes the bad. Yeah sure, Acnoella wasn’t a great character. But everything with Ziggy and Elsie so far has been phenomenal and had me at the edge of my seat. I personally wasn’t bothered by the latest chapter. I’m sorry others were, but I expect this sort of thing from Hiro… After God Serena, anyone can get the shaft and then come back ******* years later and be relevant again, so I’m never bothered if a dude goes out quick cause it usually means Hiro had no plans for them anyways, but they could always come back if desired. I’ll even agree with you that Cure was disappointing, he was a waste of a character that seemed to be important, but even then, it still didn’t bother me that much because I was enjoying everything else. I guess I just don’t mind if a series has a few flaws here and there. Especially since Hiro has been doing this in Edens Zero for years now. Oceans 6 weren’t all explored, Nero wasn’t explored, Team Beast 1 wasn’t explored, Rebellion Army wasn’t explored, Creed wasn’t explored, Elsie’s fodders weren’t explored, Jesse wasn’t explored. There’s a lot that could have been expanded on, but that’s not what Hiro wanted

Also come on… This big twist that Elsie is potentially the big bad, killed Acnoella, and is gonna steal her powers and all her Dragons for some big evil plan

That’s ******* hype
So the good guy goes bad, becomes the new big bad, and takes power, out of ******* nowhere.

Reminds me of an ending to a certain dragon-themed show.

If a flaw in a series doesn’t bother me, I just don’t care about it. People are always so overly critical and negative now. Average writing is seen as garbage writing and people are willing to flip opinions of a series on a dime due to them reading it weekly. Even I, myself am guilty of this, but I try to avoid it. Usually we don’t get our true opinions on stuff till we have the full picture and sit on it for a while. I just try to ignore minor flaws and move on cause it’s a series that I just wanna have fun with. Hiro’s writing flaws don’t bother me cause I expect this kind of writing from him after 11 years and the good writing he’s done always outdoes the bad. Yeah sure, Acnoella wasn’t a great character. But everything with Ziggy and Elsie so far has been phenomenal and had me at the edge of my seat. I personally wasn’t bothered by the latest chapter. I’m sorry others were, but I expect this sort of thing from Hiro… After God Serena, anyone can get the shaft and then come back ******* years later and be relevant again, so I’m never bothered if a dude goes out quick cause it usually means Hiro had no plans for them anyways, but they could always come back if desired. I’ll even agree with you that Cure was disappointing, he was a waste of a character that seemed to be important, but even then, it still didn’t bother me that much because I was enjoying everything else. I guess I just don’t mind if a series has a few flaws here and there. Especially since Hiro has been doing this in Edens Zero for years now. Oceans 6 weren’t all explored, Nero wasn’t explored, Team Beast 1 wasn’t explored, Rebellion Army wasn’t explored, Creed wasn’t explored, Elsie’s fodders weren’t explored, Jesse wasn’t explored. There’s a lot that could have been expanded on, but that’s not what Hiro wanted
i absolutely agree with you, great speech Mitch

you're a font of inspiration
Also come on… This big twist that Elsie is potentially the big bad, killed Acnoella, and is gonna steal her powers and all her Dragons for some big evil plan

That’s ******* hype
the Hype is so real, i so want to know who the hell is the Main Villain, tough i don't think it will be Elsie, she is indeed linked but i don't feel she is the Big One

there are even theories who maybe the villain is an evil counterpart of Rebecca

LOL So much for your "Elsie being evil" theory!
I mean that seemed to be the way it was going

Now I have no idea what's next. Shiki's left eye is now black the same way Ziggy's left eye is black. I wonder if Shiki is now possessed by the same thing that possessed Ziggy? I have no idea who the big bad is that is controlling everyone... Could be literally any character. It being Noah is back on the table

f5ea0d14226f7a24e45cce4d3b95a9ea.jpg

Bruh

I'm happy for Elsie.

But I'm not happy for everything else. Hiro why ;; And unlike FT I can't go "It's okay they'll be back by the power of Nakama". I mean I guess I can with Rebecca, but with how things are set up here ooh boy. It's possibly Witch all over again.

I mean that seemed to be the way it was going

Now I have no idea what's next. Shiki's left eye is now black the same way Ziggy's left eye is black. I wonder if Shiki is now possessed by the same thing that possessed Ziggy? I have no idea who the big bad is that is controlling everyone... Could be literally any character. It being Noah is back on the table
Noah?

Shit, with how it’s going, it feel like I am reading INVISIBLE. If it does follow similar plot line to that story, then hoh boy, the twist will be huge.

Complete unrelated but, can someone remind me again when was Eden One was built? Is it built after or before Ziggy being possessed?

also Thanks NIK FARIS for mentioning that INVISIBLE series while i don't know it, you picked my curiosity and i will check that series
Invisible is one of the 5 story within main story known as World Under Observer by Xero. Basically the story take place in the same multiverse under the observer.

I feel kinda bad to said this but there no eng translation for the story since this is Japan web novel so you may have to use Google translate or deepl or others translation tool. The only story which had eng translate and share the same worldview as INVISIBLE would be Parallel World Pharmacy.

If you still want to read it I could give the link.

i tought it was a manga, nevermind then i like more reading from mangas, not novels

but thanks anyway, between i'm honestly surprised that the author of Invisible is the same as Isekai Yakkyoku

i tought it was a manga, nevermind then i like more reading from mangas, not novels

but thanks anyway, between i'm honestly surprised that the author of Invisible is the same as Isekai Yakkyoku
Yeah, I also surprised to know that the story connect with INVISIBLE. It doesn’t affect the reader which reads Parallel Pharmacy story without knowing INVISIBLE though certain mystery of the story like why he switch body with young Falma in another world can be solve by reading it.

Shiki match, does someone want to give more input or vote?

Back