• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eden's Zero Discussion Thread 4

BarkB0rk123 said:
Isn't Homura's battle dress just a hologram?
More or less, I think we just refer to it as her "battle dress" for convenience, less of a mouthful than saying "holographic dress".

Edit: scratch that, she has it in her notable attacks section. That's inaccurate and needs to go

Isn't everyone's battle dress just a suit more fitting for combat? Why would that need to be removed from her notable abilities section?

Homura's isn't the same as the shining stars. The stars requip into outfits more suited for battle, all Homura does is use Weisz' disguise app to change her outfit; we have no evidence the outfit is more suited for combat, the only difference between it and her regular clothing is it's prettier to look at.

Tbf, I never said the scaling was wrong only that the current justification was insufficient; that's y I wanted us to use sun jewel, Shiki fights all the bad guys and never oneshots them and Homura and Weisz fight them all pretty evenly as well

Got major Erza vibes from Homura this chapter, which is always great, she is a cute queen and I love her, also Witch casually stomping Laguna supports scaling as well and she has Fairy glitter as well, just under a new name

It would be cool if the "Rebirth" on reaching Mother would give one Cosmic Powers.

Like the characters might jump from City Level to Planet level at a time.

Honestly, I find it kind of weird that Shiki has 4 stars on attack, but only 3 on defence. Wouldn't the fact that all of his attacks are physical mean that he can also withstand that amount of force?

Hmm, I suppose that makes sense actually. That also explains why Weisz & Homura have better defence (blocking with swords & weisz's armor + ether coating)

Plus attack on par with Shiki, the highest intelligence stat so far (alongside Pino) and highest ether power. Full on curious about the other stars, hopefully we see Valkyrie as well

As of now, all we know is everyone and their mother scales unquantifiably above Shiki's more or less casual chapter 1 feat, Faux Overdrive is a 3.2* multiplier and Joe scales above even that in base.

So:

Shiki's chap 1 feat < Shiki and everyone else except for Rebecca < Faux Overdrive Shiki and Jinn < Joe <<<<< Chronophage <= Mother

Not really much of a chain

No, I'm certain we can do better than that. You're forgetting things like the Kurenai Dragoon, that one guy in Digitalis, the one test dummy Shiki one-shot, the rock monster they fought underground, those guys.

Dragoon and Spider would still fall under the second step though, superior to casual Shiki but inferior to F.Overdrive.

But I assume u want a more detailed chain instead of one that just generalises their position on the chain in relation to the chap 1 feat. If so give me a few minutes I can draw one up

Good ur here Mitch, trying to draw up the scaling chain is proving more difficult than I anticipated, mostly because I'm trying to place everyone based on how they scale relative to Shiki and his single feat from chap 1 makes for difficult placing when no one else has had a feat of their own

I'll try, here's what we got

1. Overdrive Drakken Joe

2. Base Drakken Joe

3. Overdrive Jinn

4. Overdrive Shiki

5. Valkyrie

6. Witch

7. Post-Modification Base Jinn

8. Kurenai Dragoon

9. Homura

10. Base Shiki

11. Kleene

12. Sister Ivry

13. Arsenal Weisz

15. Daichi

16. Laguna

14. Hermit

15. Pre-Modifications Base Jinn

16. Shiki's Casual Chapter 1 Feat

17. Base Weisz

18. Cat Leaper Rebecca

19. Happy

Witch and Valkyrie could be way higher, but they don't have the feats yet

Metal Bogey < Flanker Yocchi < Base Rebecca < Highway Ena < Weisz < Chap 1 feat < Ganoff? < Fake Sister < Fake Valkyrie < Spider < Leaper Rebecca <= Kurenai's guard (all relative to one another) < Laguna <= Arsenal < Dragoon <=Base Shiki = Homura < Belial Gore Jinn < Faux Overdrive Shiki <\= Faux Overdrive Jinn < Drakken Joe < Overdrive Joe <<<<<<<<< Chronophage <= Mother

This is the monstrosity; incomplete clearly. My issue is guys like Leaper Rebecca and spider

<= : refers to largely comparable characters but one is still ultimately superior to the other by a slight margin

<\= : refers to characters that are either equal or superior to the other but because we haven't really seen them go at it they are difficult to place

I was gonna use the "<" but I feel it's just too jummbeled and complicated to quickly read, that's just my preference though

What sucks is that Shiki's Casual Punch is so low on the scaling chain even though it's our highest feat, I mean Shiki's Gravity Comet is a stronger attack than his Gravity Fist and Pre-Modification Jinn was able to tank the Gravity Comet, so even that Jinn scales above the feat and then he gets 320% stronger, so Shiki was using around 1/3 of his Base Form Power for the feat, I really want some better feats

Back