• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eden's Zero Discussion Thread 4

volume 8 cover
Volume_8_Cover.png

It may be mentioned in previous threads but shouldn't Shiki have Limted Power Nullification?

EZ Chapter 81 Spoilers
Shiki's Full body transformation is confirmed to be Overdrive, so a 3.2 multipler might be in the works for Overdrive users and Joe can do it too. Laguna saves Rebecca from getting tortured by Daichi by turning her into water, Fie finds Weiss and Sibir, and Homura gets captured by Sylph.

Man, the villains are kicking the protagonist's asses... great, love to see the main characters actually have to struggle

As for Drakken Joe, let's hope those Planet level statements are legitimate

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Man, the villains are kicking the protagonist's asses... great, love to see the main characters actually have to struggle

As for Drakken Joe, let's hope those Planet level statements are legitimate
I forgot what were those statements?

It was something like he shatters planets, but that might just be a mistranslation, I just hope he does a really op feat tho

Ok, so the 3.2x Multiplier Overdrive is not the real full Overdrive, meaning there's an even further transformation to be had for the characters

Chapter got me excited.

So Ether gear normally function by altering the ether flow in the body to perform their abilities, overdrive (or at least the true overdrive) takes it a step further and changes the very nature of the ether in a body. I've been waiting for an explanation to overdrive for forever and I'm glad we've gotten it.

I don't think the 3.2x multiplier applies to overdrive though, the impression I got was that it was how much stronger Jinn had gotten post body modding (which explains y he was ragdolling Shiki while still in base) and overdrive only made him even more powerful.

if we look at drakken ovrdrive clsoely, we can actually see fire(chest),diamond(hair), and lightning

The whole crew is getting mauled, forget taking an L Mashima is going out of his way to destroy them here

Feats will come over time, that takes a backseat to the story and if the story continues as it has been since Valkyrie I don't mind waiting for a long time

Got to say this is new for Hiro, you never really saw Fairy Tail have the main characters get overwhelmed, defeated, and then brutalized

Should we scale the 320% Increase to Base or Overdrive Jinn, he said he got a 320% Power up, but does that mean his full power, being Overdrive scales to 320% or his Base Form

It should probably be base Jinn given Full power Base Shiki was winning against him another guy and the fake Sister on Guilist.

Looks like we're getting what looks like a map in volume released tomorrow, if it is drawn to scale the all the planets we've visited so far have been pretty far from one another as in entirely different star systems.

A good speed feat for the ships in the series I'd say

Edit: sorry the map is in volume 8 not 6

Holy Sh*t is my reaction this chapter. But honestly everyone got their asses handed to them and put into a Walking Dead style line up and Weisz looks to have lost an arm.

Drakken's such a great long time villain that Hiro's set up, he's brutal and OP, his base form casually took Shiki's Full Power without any difficulty, this is gonna be great, also Shiki's Ether Gear's real name is Satan Gravity

Can't wait to see a training arc, hopefully that happens

Joe is stressing me out, dude is plenty intimidating. I think some of the intimidation comes from the fact that his retaliatory actions are more realistic than I'd like, he won't kill u but he will dehumanise and take advantage of u, it plenty chilling. Gr8 chapter, haven't been this invested in a story in a good long while.

@Mitch don't see Mashima dedicating a whole arc to training, he's more likely I think to have a small time skip of a few days, then fill in the gaps of what happened later

@Dragon I'm unsure EMPs actually work that way

I really liked his "I won't kill you" thing. It fits in with what we know about his personality thing and is pretty unique for a villain.

Really enjoying Drakken Joe, this guy is a straight savage and a very interesting character at the same time.

Easily my favourite villain in this series.

Back