• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ed 2003 upgrade.

I agree with Dark, this should be calculated. Why is it implied that he destroyed the city, the video you posted doesn't show or imply him doing anything like that.

I can calc the boulder being destroyed, but I need a video of the feat first.

Code:
At 0:19 into the video, Ed says that he is going to destroy the Cory so that nobody would be tempted to create a philosopher's stone.

How does that equal city level though? We don't see how he does this, there's no reason to assume he destroyed the entire thing in one go with a massive explosion or something like that. If it's underground Ed can destroy it by causing the cave it's in to collapse. Sorry but this feat doesn't seem usuable unless you have something else to show, does it show him destroying it?

That looks like a good feat to calculate; it would scale to Roy's alchemy, but I don't think it would scale too much to their durability.

We'd still need to factor in inverse square law. It's still probably be an upgrade, but doesn't save them from being glass cannons overall.

Yeah, that doesn't scale to Ed's dura. He didn't take the attack he was just launched by the explosion. He's have to be inside of the rock to scale to that attack, but he was on top of it so he was launched away. I doubt the energy he took was anything higher than 9-B.

I'll be getting on this right now

Got High 8-C results for Roy's Attack.

Just need it to be evaluated, also got Edward's Alchemy lifting strength too. Also note the inverse square law can't be used here, the explosion happened inside of the boulder which means the rock took a majority of the energy.

There's no way of calcing how much energy Ed took in this situation, to my knowledge.

Thank you very much! But wasn't it agreed on in this wiki that energy required to create=energy to destroy?

Some times yes, depends on the method or situation. Though what does that have to do here? I'm talking about Edward's durability not the AP of his alchemy, which should be capable of destroying that boulder as well since he did make it into that shape.

Edward technically forms the rock by moving already existing Earth from the ground; Kinetic energy could be used for that. And yes, creation/destruction requires a method to properly calculate it. Creating them out of nothing for non celestial objects are hard to judge. But what about comparing the surface area of their feet to the surface area of the boulder for ISL?

Once again, to my knowledge ISL only works for an explosion moving through air or something. Having an object block the attack drasitcally lowers the energy by a massive amount. There is no way to calculate that to my knowledge.

Look at this feat.

Izuku was right in the center of that explosion, he jumped on the active mines. But this doesn't scale to his durability since he had a sheet of metal block the blast. It was agreed upon that we couldn't scale him to the blast or use ISL because of that.

Maybe someone else knows but ISL isn't usable here. Even if the boulder wasn't there and Edward was standing on air, the results would be 0.005 Tons or baseline 9-A. Now take the boulder into consideration and the results would drop heavily.

Okay. But I though that since Ed's alchemy could have an AoE around the size of this boulder, he could have used deconstruction alchemy to destroy it.

Deconstruction alchemy doesn't equal V.Frag or anything, it depends on how he destroys it. Most of Scar's use of Deconstruction is only normal fragmentation anyway. Edward would have to V.Frag it for us to use V.Frag value, but he doesn't so.

What about this feat ime.club/catalog/item/stalnoj-alhimik-tv1 ? It happens at 17:49. Edward creates a giant wall around a mountain.

I suppose that's fair enough. But the Elric brothers getting launched and falling would still be use-able. But as said, nothing beyond 9-B physically.

Still good. Elrics would have an actual calculated feat, not being baseline. Btw, Death Battle had this feat as multi city block somehow.

Da Lunge Fish said:
What about this feat ime.club/catalog/item/stalnoj-alhimik-tv1 ? It happens at 17:49. Edward creates a giant wall around a mountain.
Now, would this feat be impressive?

I replied to the blog. Thank you for helping out.

Da Lunge Fish said:
If somebody is still here, do you think Ed creating a giant wall around the mountain here impressive?

Back