• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Earl vs Iap (Strongest 9-B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp this might be fun. Fight for the strongest speed equal spot.

Ban Midou VS Enlil (I/O)

Tumblr ns6gao7KfY1s3bebno1 400
You will look into my eyes whether you want it or not.

Enlil
You think you're sexier playboi?

Speed Equal
Ban can use asclepius.

Otherwise SBA i think.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Let's start with this: How can he put Enlil down?
He has a short time frame where the law manip isn't hacked.
Well he just says "look into my eyes" and makes Enlil believe that the law hax is gone, ban is dead and that everything is solved so he has to go home. (Or in short use the Jagan, his 1st in character move).

His eyes aren't gonna get around the info shielding, which is passive
Info shielding prevents Ban from doing anything, it doesn't prevent Enlil from looking at Ban. Ban is just creating a virtual world (outside of the info shield, he's not trying to break or bypass the info shield), it's Enlil the one that goes on to look at said world.

The mental attack being sent through vision would be protected from. If the virual world is a program, then that would mean that Enlil would be able to tell it is a different world. He would likely just hack the illlusion all the same

The mental attack being sent through vision would be protected from. If the virual world is a program, then that would mean that Enlil would be able to tell it is a different world. He would likely just hack the illlusion all the same
It's not exactly a mental attack, protecting from it is like info shield making Enlil unable to see the sun cus it dmgs his eyesight. Well we use virtual to explain it, but it's not information based like other hax Ban has. Akabane has the same info hax as Enlil, but he cannot see through the Jagan (and i just thought of a major point in GB regarding jagan and akabane but i'll wait for you to finish first, it's about hy the jagan would be useless on akabane). Which leads to believe it's not informational based and beings who can undo info, manip and erase it all together would still get fooled by the jagan.

Enili is a skilled programmer being part of annunaki and helped create the virtual world Babylon, that was meant to be a safe haven for I.C.'s.

Even if he could get his illusions around the info shields, which I'm not sure he could, Enlil should still be able to tell that his perspective was just shifted, and that what he was viewing wasnt the real world

So...just a question from a bystander's perspective...

Why are we assuming that law manipulation stops higher-dimensional hax from being used? Has it been shown stopping anything even remotely on-par with Enlil's abilities?

Even if he could get his illusions around the info shields, which I'm not sure he could, Enlil should still be able to tell that his perspective was just shifted, and that what he was viewing wasnt the real world
Again Akabane has similar hax to that extent but Jagan still "bypasses" them due to it's mechanics, where it's not the jagan user that is getting behind the hax resistance, it's the "victim" that's willingly looking at this world.

Why would he notice when someone who has similar traits to him (akabane), and who is the guy that created the virtual world (yes even the jagan) and has been fooled before, still gets fooled, Ginji who has seen thousands of people get fooled, gets fooled, someone who knows when he'll get fooled, gets fooled. The fake reality is not like a clear cut, more like a continuation.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
So...just a question from a bystander's perspective...
Why are we assuming that law manipulation stops higher-dimensional hax from being used? Has it been shown stopping anything even remotely on-par with Enlil's abilities?
Cus its passive. According to the admins passive hax would win against active hax (i made the thread sometime ago)

So 5D Law/prob/fate hax > 1-A active EE for example because it passive happens before active and the character is still 3D so he still submits to 5D passives.

Though im getting bored of arguing GetBackers. If it's Akabane "muh passive fate hax" (enlil gonna have to fight him too if he wants to take 9-B btw), if it's Ban it's just explaining Jagan over and over.

Imma go back to warframe arguing for now. xD

@Fire

Because IC work on a much higher scale. They can tell what plane of existence they are on just by feeling it. Enlil is gonna try their hacking all the same while in the illusion, so that is gonna carry over to real space in all likelyhood. He gains Admin power in the illusion, he is gonna know it is an illusion, or a simulation

I get it, but Akabane's stuff is still greater than the Jagan. He created the whole multiverse with info and knows exactly what is and what isn't real when The Archiver does it. Jagan seems to be an exception though.

Also gaining Admin power in the illusion is a no go, as it doesn't really exist. His eyes are making you see something fake, you can't control what isn't essentialy real.

But they can literally distinguish the very state of the world they live in. Simulations are what every IC deals with. You dump one in a simulation and they will know almost immediately. They will also be able to tell by how their info manip interacts with the world

Let's put that aside. He has a few seconds from Enlil's perspective within the illusion before Enlil hijacks it. What can he do to actually put down Enlil?

That might actually work tbh. Lol found a good match for the Jagan. xD

Well fooling him was my first idea. If no then maybe fear inducement, will power manip or any status effect Ban can induce to end the fight. Or fate manip if that works.

Firephoenixearl said:
Cus its passive. According to the admins passive hax would win against active hax (i made the thread sometime ago)

So 5D Law/prob/fate hax > 1-A active EE for example because it passive happens before active and the character is still 3D so he still submits to 5D passives.
I don't think that case applies to the law manipulation, though.
It'd be one thing if this were passive plot manipulation or fatehax that operates on some absurd lethal caliber, but unless I'm reading into this wrong (and I might be), Ban's passive isn't doing anything but protecting him. It's not killing Enlil right away, nor is it incapping, and the actual potency of Enlil's hax is far superior to what I'm seeing with Ban's. And it doesn't seem like a fatehax situation where the passive is something that just forces the character to not do anything right.

So unless there's something that passively prevents Enlil as a being from doing anything at all, those powers should still work.

It's more like "Ban cannot lose a fight". It has similar results as fate haxing the end of the match to "i win" or reducing the probability of you losing to 0. The result is already set, to resist this result or go against it it would need to resist this law/probability/fate. So rather than a continuing action, it's more like setting a result.

DP works basically "I cannot believe it therefore i cannot exist", Akabane says "I cannot believe i can die therefore i cannot die", he also says "I cannot believe i can lose, therefore i can't lose" same for Ban. Their beliefs shape reality, where something they cannot believe cannot occur.

There is a difference, though. In the case of fatehax, it's controlling the destiny (and subsequently, the actions) of whoever and whatever it's affecting besides the user.

In the case of Ban's law manipulation (or at least, how he's been described as using it so far), it's not affecting anyone but him, and is only protecting him from things he doesn't believe in rather than preventing an opponent from doing anything in the first place. Thus, it would need feats of protecting him from something on Enlil's caliber before we just assume such a thing.

Firephoenixearl said:
That might actually work tbh. Lol found a good match for the Jagan. xD
Well fooling him was my first idea. If no then maybe fear inducement, will power manip or any status effect Ban can induce to end the fight. Or fate manip if that works.
How does his fear manip work? Emotional and empathetic attacks are usually shut down by the shield. Or it would be more accurate to say that they only work once they have directly linked into the brain while the shields are down. Fate manip probably gets shut down by the field

Anyway, Imma have to go with Enlil. Ban has a few means to buy himself a very short time spans. Battle starts and Enlil immediately starts hacking the laws that are in place, which Ban can buy time to stop him from doing for a few seconds by putting him in an illusion, which Enlil will almost immediately realise is a simulation and begin hacking as well. Ban can put a BFR on top of that, but that only buys slightly more time as Enlil can reorient Cyberspace to bring himself back to the location of the fight. Ban may be able to try and power null Enlil's incoming attacks, but that again only stalls for time since he cannot null Enlil themselves and Enlil will establish a law that let's him stay active, or just goes for server aquisition. Ban's only hope as far as I can tell is to BFR Enlil to a place that will take him long enough to figure out where he is that he theoretically incapacitates by technicality. Or, something that I only just realised, Ban can use Turning Cycle to use Enlil's talent for hacking, and get some of his hacking techniques. Enlil would still win in the end since he has the edge due to his IC status, Babylon Authority, and Cybernetic enhancement (which in this case grant superior access to the web), but it could still be a good fight. Ban also cannot gain access to the great Deluge so Enlil can nuke him with that.

I didn't expect that ability of all things to make this close, but I think Enlil takes it, and I vote as such

Hmm his info shield will protect him from anything meaningful Ban has besides the Jagan (since it's self induced), but he can hack the jagan too so lol (part of the reason i was going to say jagan should be useless vs akabane). Stomp then?

I mean how does his BFR work? Also, he can use his cycles thing to grant himself the programming talents of Enlil, so that at least gives him a chance. I dont think it is a stomp

I see, so could he BFR without turning them into info?

But it works for talent as well right? Most of enlil's abilities are techniques that anyone could learn in universe, he is just really good at it. If Ban had the talent, he could use them as well

I see, so could he BFR without turning them into info?
But it works for talent as well right? Most of enlil's abilities are techniques that anyone could learn in universe, he is just really good at it. If Ban had the talent, he could use them as well
Well likely considering that's just part of his logic which is basically "things happen cus i say so" ability.

Ban has enough information talent to rewrite the archiver already. He can rewrite and control the information his entire world so easily he doesn't even need to try, just will it.

So that is a minuscule win condition then, if Enlil takes too long to figure out where the **** he is when he gets out of the illusion

So 2-A base talent, but now he has Enlil's talent for high 1-B hacking. Makes the match not a stomp, but the abilities that Enlil gets from his Babylon Authority should give him the edge and still win

Doubt it, The Archiver is still a computer system. If he can understand the Jagan the Archiver is gonna be a walk in the park.

Nah, turning circle ain't copying high 1-B talent for hacking. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back