• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Source? Where are these scans from? Also, is that google translate?
Untranslated gacha game connected to DxD with Ishibumi working on it as a writer.

Also yeah it’s Google translate but I doubt it matters it’s a pretty clear cut statement in Japanese from what I can tell.

I mainly said that as someone who practices Japanese and knows other JP speakers (although if you’re in the discord you knew this).

If I have to I’ll get a translator

Untranslated gacha game connected to DxD with Ishibumi working on it as a writer.
???

I don't even think this can be used as a source for the entire verse cosmology lol. I recall there being rules about untranslated works and about the viability of spin-off/games like this.

Is this even like... a DxD game? OR is just connected to the DxD world? Also, is it canon? Just having the author involved doesn't mean the work in canon to his other works.

@Agnaa @Deagonx are you familiar with the rules regarding things like this?

???

I don't even think this can be used as a source for the entire verse cosmology lol. I recall there being rules about untranslated works and about the viability of spin-off/games like this.

Is this even like... a DxD game? OR is just connected to the DxD world? Also, is it canon? Just having the author involved doesn't mean the work in canon to his other works.

Why would it not be canon? It’s stated to be.

Also why does it being untranslated matter, are we not allowed to use untranslated content? What a bizarre thing to say for someone who pressed me on who important raws and JP content may be.

Why would it not be canon? It’s stated to be.
You need evidence for this. Where is it stated to be canon to the DxD verse? What even is the name of this game?

Also why does it being untranslated matter, are we not allowed to use untranslated content? What a bizarre thing to say for someone who pressed me on who important raws and JP content may be.
Generally speaking it is not advised to use completely untranslated material. And you are using it for the sake of a big upgrade with info isn't even in the main source material...

The Dimensional Gap could contain an infinite number of worlds making it 2-A
The Gap Dimension could be a higher dimension that contains lower dimensional worlds making it Low 1-C
The Dimensional Gap could be a realm above dimensions and be Low 1-A

All of these things are perfectly possible, as I already said, I personally think that the Dimensional Gap is Low 1-C, but I prefer to play it safe and do what is always done in Vs Battle when scaling something: go for the option lower, which in this case would be Low 2-C

About how that affects the scale of the characters, I wanted to avoid talking about this because this thread is about the cosmology and not the characters and their scale, but let's talk about it

As I said in my previous comment, there is a logic to affirm that DxD has characters of such high levels and it all starts with Great Red

Great Red is responsible for keeping the Dimensional Gap in balance, in others Great Red can change the state of the Dimensional Gap from Unstable to Stable, which is the same as saying that it can affect the Dimensional Gap
as it does?
no idea, most assume he does it through his pure power, in which case Great Read scales to Dimensional Gap and therefore Ophis Infinity, Trihexa, Issei AxA, Rugatumi, Durmado, The Strongest Ragou Shichou, Seraselbes, Regalzeva and Melvazoa too they climb

If Great Red does it through Hax, what Hax would it be? Void Manipulation? Spatial Manipulation? And how does that affect the characters that scale in relation to him?

Also mainly cause a LOT of derailing has happened, and I don’t see that stopping. No offense but better to end that here and we can congregate and discuss new feats elsewhere, this was a thread about Masque’s blog after all

You need evidence for this. Where is it stated to be canon to the DxD verse? What even is the name of this game?
Directly character like Issei appear in world 3 and the game is called "fantasia rebuild"
Generally speaking it is not advised to use completely untranslated material. And you are using it for the sake of a big upgrade with info isn't even in the main source material...
In this case there is no option we cannot leave aside such explicit scanning for cosmology in the worst case we could find someone who knows how to speak Japanese

Directly character like Issei appear in world 3 and the game is called "fantasia rebuild"

In this case there is no option we cannot leave aside such explicit scanning for cosmology in the worst case we could find someone who knows how to speak Japanese
I know many people who speak japnese and do official or freelance translation work.

Yes, but let’s give it some time, we have other things to worry about with the verse.

Let’s focus on making profiles more accurate with P&A and the multipliers.

In that particular instance, only the school is replicated. And these statements are only made in the LN whereas the stars scans come from the anime. Logically one should apply to the other and it's unnecessary to prove anyway as there's more evidence proving they're real and none against it. Nice try tho lol.
u just admit it though. “Only the school is replicated”. And since when can we apply something from one version of the series to another? I’ve never heard of something like that before so u would actually need to even see if that’s even possible

Well also wouldn’t matter since again u admitted that only the school was replicated with no evidence from the LN that the stars are also created (which again was never stated to have been as well) since this is trying to use the LN version for this type of upgrade

It was decided here that being infinitely larger than a Low 2-C structure is not 2-A on its own.

@DarkDragonMedeus was on this thread as well, so I really don't know why they would accept this.
We already went over how new timelines are created, every action likely creates a new timeline.

If this does not conflict with the main series and is also supported from it, then this can be used

???

The author participated heaviliy in the writing and there are references to the events of the game within the source material.

u just admit it though. “Only the school is replicated”. And since when can we apply something from one version of the series to another? I’ve never heard of something like that before so u would actually need to even see if that’s even possible

Well also wouldn’t matter since again u admitted that only the school was replicated with no evidence from the LN that the stars are also created (which again was never stated to have been as well) since this is trying to use the LN version for this type of upgrade
They are two different instances from different timelines, use common sense please.

In reality we should just do 2-B, possible 2-A and then wait for what we think about Tier 1 as the arguments haven’t had enough time to develop
I'd be fine with the 2-B rating via the alternate timelines.I'll continue working on the profiles and ask for the thread to be closed.

The author participated heaviliy in the writing and there are references to the events of the game within the source material.
Particularly in Volume DX. 6 which shows the Fantasia Bunko worlds are all still connected via The Ambition of Oda Nobuna crossing over. (The premise of Fantasia Bunko is that all of the Fantasia Bunko worlds connect together) And the story featuring the crossover with TAoON was written by Ishibumi and their series has the same illustrator (Miyama-0) who gives Ishibumi (the author of DxD) ideas for DxD. Paired with Ishibumi himself stating he participated heavily in the writing team, I believe it could be considered canon as it doesn't contradict the story.

I've seen the game, it's crossover of 13 works of Fantasia Bunko, date a live, slayer,... what you are proposing not only scale DxD cosmology but all other works to 2-A. Though it's weird that the incapable of fighting like the character of "How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend" participate in this, lol

Current Argument for 2-A: Timelines spawn for every instance of traveling through time, as time always progresses, beings constantly travel forward in time which would spawn multiple new timelines with the progression of time. "Regarding their going back in time focusing again on this time period, it seems they sought to create as small a time warp deviation as they could. ……Their influence hasn't shown up in this timeline, but it seems the number of alternate timelines spawned is quite large." multiple timelines were spawned from one instance of the UL existing in the past. This would imply that it wasn't the initial time jump to the past that spawned the timelines but rather just their existence. (Which I explained earlier would spawn a timeline for every action and nonaction performed as time progressed.) Coupled with the size of the Dimensional Gap being Infinite and therefore being fully capable of holding all of them.
Additionally, Fantasia Re:Build, a canon crossover, states that there are infinite parallel worlds for every possibility. (doesn't refer to the different works in Fantasia Bunko but rather the individual verses themselves as there are finite FB works and the way they are described seems to closer fit each world having their own infinite possibilities which would be in line with how the timelines work in DxD)

It was decided here that being infinitely larger than a Low 2-C structure is not 2-A on its own.

@DarkDragonMedeus was on this thread as well, so I really don't know why they would accept this.
I see. I'll try tagging them again to get clarification on their previous determination.

If I'm reading the blog correctly, 2-A comes from the Dimensional Gap's potential capacity to hold an infinite number of separate spacetimes.
@Elizhaa
@Dereck03
@Celestial_Pegasus
Can you re-confirm that the above reasoning is acceptable for 2-A size?

Current Staff who agree: DarkDragonMedeus, ActuallySpaceMan42, Elizhaa
Current non Staff who agree: Trigger, CurrySenpai, Yasuda_144, Memonto_Mori, Digital_Franz, Qliphoth_Bacikal, Grabbing_dragon, TotalMasterInfinity
Current Staff who disagree: Firestorm808
Current non Staff who disagree: BlackeJan (disagrees with rating game size), Vietthai96 (doesn't believe stars or real and that universes aren't assumed to be 3-A?), Phoenks (Disagress with 2-A Dimensional Gap instead believing a 2-C Rating is more justified), Tom4t0GG789
Didn't include those who remained neutral or believe it should be higher as that's a different discussion entirely.

Last edited:
I see. I'll try tagging them again to get clarification on their previous determination.

@Elizhaa
@Dereck03
@Celestial_Pegasus
Can you re-confirm that the above reasoning is acceptable for 2-A size?
Btw should be mentioned that nowhere does it actually say it has the capacity to hold that many explicitly. It is just regarded as being an infinite space surrounding a finite amount of dimensions (space-times).

Btw should be mentioned that nowhere does it actually say it has the capacity to hold that many explicitly. It is just regarded as being an infinite space surrounding a finite amount of dimensions (space-times).
As DarkDragonMedeus clarified in the thread you've sent, if the dimension surrounding the 2-C Worlds is Infinite (Context of that thread) and "If there's an inflationary multiverse theory, expanding endlessly or infinitely in the context of new universes being born left and right easily justifies 2-B. Or if there is proof that there's an infinite number of characters who dream and each and every dream births a universe, that combo could justify 2-A. But as KLOL said, stacking multipliers wouldn't grant anything higher than 2-C or "Endless/Infinite" could just be referring to the 3-D space of the universes and not the multiverse."
And via common sense, just like how if an infinite (High 3-A) dimension contains multiple stars, it would logically be able to hold an infinite amount, the Dimensional Gap would operate the same way but with multiple stars being replaced with 2-C realms that spawn as concurrently with the progression of time. And with the High 3-A dimension being replaced with the Dimensional Gap which would be 2-A

I'm leaning on disagreeing for now until further clarification is given.
I believe I've already given further clarification. And in regards to some of the staff you tagged, Dereck03 hasn't been active since the middle of June even after you've tagged them and Elizhaa seems fairly inactive as well with their latest activity being two days ago and before that, ten days ago... Would you be able to tag more active staff so that the process would be a bit less tediously slow? Sorry if it's too much to ask.

It's literally just stated to be perfect recreations of stars in our galaxy, what more is there to prove?
I think it is because in other series it is seen that there are also recreations on battlefields, but despite statements, sometimes it seems ineffective or that they are not fully taken into account.

For example, in Record of Raganarok there are several stars and moons in the sky, Zeus declared himself capable of destroying the heavens. But it doesn't scale because they look more like recreations or copies, not like they were real.

Another case is Gojo's domain expansion, there is literally an entire universe there, but only within his barrier, because outside it is quite small

I think it is because in other series it is seen that there are also recreations on battlefields, but despite statements, sometimes it seems ineffective or that they are not fully taken into account.

For example, in Record of Raganarok there are several stars and moons in the sky, Zeus declared himself capable of destroying the heavens. But it doesn't scale because they look more like recreations or copies, not like they were real.

Another case is Gojo's domain expansion, there is literally an entire universe there, but only within his barrier, because outside it is quite small
In DxD, there's nothing to imply they can't be treated as the real thing, another example one with a moon is created which Issei and Sairaorg literally fight on, it's not an illusion and there's more evidence for it compared to the none against it.

In DxD, there's nothing to imply they can't be treated as the real thing, another example one with a moon is created which Issei and Sairaorg literally fight on, it's not an illusion and there's more evidence for it compared to the none against it.
Personally I don't agree, since it is a fairly wide jump and the pocket dimensions seem a bit... illogical, because if so, characters like Azi Dahaka should scale to 5-B at least to 4-A as mentioned by the True DxD

But the novel mentions the Continental level (I think DX4 also corroborates this) and that exploiting the Earth by the AxA seems more contradictory.

(I'm talking about the AP of the verse not about cosmology in general because it seems complicated to me, so I will refrain from reading the comments after this)

PS: You remind me of a guy I met on Wattpad who also wants to scale them to higher DB levels xD

Personally I don't agree, since it is a fairly wide jump and the pocket dimensions seem a bit... illogical, because if so, characters like Azi Dahaka should scale to 5-B at least to 4-A as mentioned by the True DxD

But the novel mentions the Continental level (I think DX4 also corroborates this) and that exploiting the Earth by the AxA seems more contradictory.

(I'm talking about the AP of the verse not about cosmology in general because it seems complicated to me, so I will refrain from reading the comments after this)

PS: You remind me of a guy I met on Wattpad who also wants to scale them to higher DB levels xD
You're talking about the versus where a guy can boost his power by 2x and sometimes just oneshots his enemies because of this. We're literaly getting Tier 2 anyways, the outlier argument makes no sense.

AP is irrelevant to the discussion, please don't derail the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back