• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the being vague part isn't helpful, if you have issue with the evidence just bring it up now why wait for a theoretical downgrade thread this is just really petty and weird.

Compared to the "shoddy" evidence I have, the opponents in this discussion have NO evidence.
You are using scans from a gacha game refrencing cosmology that is not proven to be canon to DxD AT ALL.

Literally nothing on the thread suggests it is canon. Just because the author worked on the game and had a cross over with it does NOT make it canon to DxD.

Also, staff opinions practically mean nothing when I literally showed DDM disagreeing with himself on a QnA thread from THIS year. And ActuallySpaceMan has been radio-silent ever since I @ed him back here.

Staff not doing their job properly doesn't mean anything to your arguments.

Who's the one disgareeing? Cause Phoenks doesn't count as staff, it's only thread mods and admins.
Current Staff who agree: DarkDragonMedeus, ActuallySpaceMan42, Elizhaa
Current non Staff who agree: Trigger, CurrySenpai, Yasuda_144, Memonto_Mori, Digital_Franz, Qliphoth_Bacikal, Grabbing_dragon, TotalMasterInfinity
Current Staff who disagree: Firestorm808
Current non Staff who disagree: BlackeJan (disagrees with rating game size), Vietthai96 (doesn't believe stars or real and that universes aren't assumed to be 3-A?), Phoenks (Disagress with 2-A Dimensional Gap instead believing a 2-C Rating is more justified), Tom4t0GG789, BestMGQScalerEver
Didn't include those who remained neutral or believe it should be higher as that's a different discussion entirely.

On what basis? Saying it's bad doesn't make it incorrect.
Because the basis of Re:Build being canon is weak. It's just a crossover gacha game. Having involvement with people who worked on DxD isn't anything meaningful unless they actually say it's canon. Of course the writer wants his own work to be represented well too.

You are using scans from a gacha game refrencing cosmology that is not proven to be canon to DxD AT ALL.

Literally nothing on the thread suggests it is canon. Just because the author worked on the game and had a cross over with it does NOT make it canon to DxD.

Also, staff opinions practically mean nothing when I literally showed DDM disagreeing with himself on a QnA thread from THIS year. And ActuallySpaceMan has been radio-silent ever since I @ed him back here.

This is some crazy work, staff arguments don't suddenly matter because you didn't like them and think they didn't do their job.

Also the events of the game were referenced in DxD. Is that not canon enough for you?

It is canon

Don't be disingenuous, there are two scans saying the author was a part of the writing team. It wasn't a game that had a crossover with DxD, it was a crossover game that prominently featured the DxD cast, was referenced in the source material, and had the author of DxD working on the writing for it. it fits VSBW's standards to a T.

They certainly mean more than yours and mine, they're kinda the authority on VSBW. And that was before the Timeline argument was presented, again, please don't be disingenuous.

I don't think it's them that's not doing their jobs correctly...

Because the basis of Re:Build being canon is weak. It's just a crossover gacha game. Having involvement with people who worked on DxD isn't anything meaningful unless they actually say it's canon. Of course the writer wants his own work to be represented well too.
If the author says he wrote it, it's canon. Simple as that.

And if you guys really, truly believe I'm wrong... Why not try harder to attract more staff instead of trying to run away to another thread. Oh, I know why, it's because the staff keep siding with me instead of you and if I was actually wrong, that wouldn't happen. As the great Kendrick said, "Shape the stories how you want, hey, Drake, they're not slow"

Wait. What? When did the 2-A get applied. Isn't this thread still getting staff input on it?
It got approved, then phoenks showed up, and we continued for 6 pages then Elizhaa agreed wtih the thread.

Really, it could have been closed earlier, but no other staff seemed to be showing up and we have been here a while.

I want to also mention that the staff to agreed to this thread agreed to it before they added scans from a random Gacha Game to support their 2-A arguments.

Said Gacha Game is absolutely not valid for scaling. I have VARIOUS reasons why but this thread is seriously a mess and I'd rather just release my own thread on it at this point.

And the original 2-A argument is completely, blatantly, against wiki standard!

I already almost finished a downgrade thread in my sandbox using nothing but the scans provided in the blog itself. I'll wait for when this thread closes IG.

Wait. What? When did the 2-A get applied. Isn't this thread still getting staff input on it?
Tuesday, a staff member said it could be applied after it got 2 staff votes (which it did) and it was applied. Then Phoenks first disagreed an hour later. It wasn't for a while and already had enough votes which was why it was initially applied. I'll be going to sleep but could you share whether you currently disagree or agree? And if you disagree still, why that is? I'll respond later.

I want to also mention that the staff to agreed to this thread agreed to it before they added scans from a random Gacha Game to support their 2-A arguments.
This isn't really helpful for you cause this means they agreed with the base arguments anyways, as the gacha game was just supporting it.

Also, "against wiki standard" my bad, 2 admins and a thread mod were wrong, thank you Phoenks, lord of rules on the wiki.

This isn't really helpful for you cause this means they agreed with the base arguments anyways, as the gacha game was just supporting it.

Also, "against wiki standard" my bad, 2 admins and a thread mod were wrong, thank you Phoenks, lord of rules on the wiki.
I already showcased a thread where DDM himself disagreed with the argument used to scale this to 2-A.

If that isn't enough for you, there is also this wiki standard:

Because the distance between any given number of universes embedded in higher-dimensional / higher-order spaces is currently unknowable, it is impossible to quantify the numerical gap between each one of the subtiers in Tier 2. As such, it is not allowed to upgrade such a character based solely on multipliers. For example, someone twice as strong as a Low 2-C character would still be Low 2-C, and someone infinitely more powerful than a 2-C would not be 2-A. This does not mean that the difference between these tiers is greater than infinite, merely that the difference is unknown.

Sourced from the Tiering System

Completely invalid. The staff that agreed beforehand are simply wrong. Even according to themselves , as showcased with DDM.

I already showcased a thread where DDM himself disagreed with the argument used to scale this to 2-A.

If that isn't enough for you, there is also this wiki standard:

Sourced from the Tiering System

Completely invalid. The staff that agreed beforehand are simply wrong. Even according to themselves , as showcased with DDM.
At this point that's irrelevant as the argument presented in the blog has evolved to be more than that, focusing solely on one half of a whole is disingenuous and the argument just comes down to if Re:Build is canon or not. DDM said that when the infinite statements are paired with infinite timeline statements, it is valid.
"If there's an inflationary multiverse theory, expanding endlessly or infinitely in the context of new universes being born left and right easily justifies 2-B. Or if there is proof that there's an infinite number of characters who dream and each and every dream births a universe, that combo could justify 2-A. But as KLOL said, stacking multipliers wouldn't grant anything higher than 2-C or "Endless/Infinite" could just be referring to the 3-D space of the universes and not the multiverse."
But gn everyone

At this point that's irrelevant as the argument presented in the blog has evolved to be more than that, focusing solely on one half of a whole is disingenuous and the argument just comes down to if Re:Build is canon or not. DDM said that when the infinite statements are paired with infinite timeline statements, it is valid.
"If there's an inflationary multiverse theory, expanding endlessly or infinitely in the context of new universes being born left and right easily justifies 2-B. Or if there is proof that there's an infinite number of characters who dream and each and every dream births a universe, that combo could justify 2-A. But as KLOL said, stacking multipliers wouldn't grant anything higher than 2-C or "Endless/Infinite" could just be referring to the 3-D space of the universes and not the multiverse."
But gn everyone
The point I am making is that the arguments staff agreed with on this thread are objectively not viable for 2-A.

And they agreed before the Gacha stuff was added.

@Firestorm808

To summarize...

This thread was made with the argument being that the Dimensional Gap is 2-A because it is 4-D on an infinite scale.

2 staff apparently agreed with this, before any arguments were presented against it. So the thread was applied.

I then came in and went against the thread. As seen above, I have sourced reasons as to why this logic is just objectively not viable on the wiki for a 2-A upgrade.

The OP then changed the argument to include statements from a Gacha game that was never accepted as being canon to DxD.

And now, the OP is claiming since he got 2 staff to agree before these arguments were presented, these new statements from the Gacha game should also be accepted as evidence.

This is pretty sketchy!

The point I am making is that the arguments staff agreed with on this thread are objectively not viable for 2-A.

And they agreed before the Gacha stuff was added.

@Firestorm808

To summarize...

This thread was made with the argument being that the Dimensional Gap is 2-A because it is 4-D on an infinite scale.

2 staff apparently agreed with this, before any arguments were presented against it. So the thread was applied.

I then came in and went against the thread. As seen above, I have sourced reasons as to why this logic is just objectively not viable on the wiki for a 2-A upgrade.

The OP then changed the argument to include statements from a Gacha game that was never accepted as being canon to DxD.

And now, the OP is claiming since he got 2 staff to agree before these arguments were presented, these new statements from the Gacha game should also be accepted as evidence.

This is pretty sketchy!
You could have easily left out that last part, randomly attacking our character and claiming we're sketchy is rather rude.

The argument did not change, in fact these scans were used as supporting evidence, the argument has always remained the same.

You could have easily left out that last part, randomly attacking our character and claiming we're sketchy is rather rude.
It is objectively sketchy behavior that you went back and added scans from a source never accepted as canon, and then try to play this off as if they were and that staff accepted it.

It's not rude, it is purely truthful.

It is objectively sketchy behavior that you went back and added scans from a source never accepted as canon, and then try to play this off as if they were and that staff accepted it.

It's not rude, it is purely truthful.
Prove they aren't canon (I'll check back later)

Naw we got a bunch of people that ain’t agreeing and it was still agreed upon. Something ain’t adding up or a few of the staff barely looked at the blog. Idk how yall feel about the 2-A rating but nothing was ever said that the stars was actually real and the OP never proved they were actually real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back