• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability Negation and Vs Matches

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this has come up recently(mainly in Erza Fights) that Durability Negation is very haxy.

But the thing here is. If the opponent does not have anything to counter that does that make it a haxstomp or a decisive match?

I personally believe it just makes the match decisive. What do you all think?

Honestly, this has begun to be a problem. Well "Stomp-Calling" in general has.

Yeah. As a good amount of you guys know, I've been getting pretty annoyed about how often people cry foul on stomps. There's a big difference between decisive and stomp. At the rate things are going, the only way a match will be added is if the two opponents pinch each other in the face only.

I also hate to say this, but this is kinda my fault. I pioneered this system with my aversion to speedstomps.

Hmm i am on the fence about this one, if a character can ignore durability through a single ability that is not anything too ridiculous, while the other can't i feel that it is decisive, however if one character has various ways to ignore durability while the other can't i feel it's a stomp, so it's a on case by case basis i think.

Let's say if Erza fought say Gintoki. She'd likely win thanks to Durability Negation with Nakagami Armor. Gintoki has no defense against this. Would that be a stomp or no?

Durability Negation isn't a singular power that only works in one way. It's an umbrella term for an enormous range of various powers within various stories that work in various different ways.

I don't think it's wise to lable all DN under any circumstances as a whole to be stomps, rather we analyze the context of the match and how said powers work in order to decide that case by case.

Back