• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons & Dragons Gods and Demigods Revision

Well apply the changes then, since everyone seems to be in agreement with Lumi. Going by all this Mystara stuff we may need to add some Immortal profiles, but that's for the other thread.

Qawsedf234 said:
Well apply the changes then, since everyone seems to be in agreement with Lumi. Going by all this Mystara stuff we may need to add some Immortal profiles, but that's for the other thread.
I'd personally just like to get Mr. Bambu's opinion first, before any changes are made.

_Well, we know that all the Multiverses, even if different, are built very much the same way, for example, Tharizdun, when he was banished to another Multiverse entirely, the Abyss was still present, even though he hadn't been there to creatre another Abyss, so we know that there is either a Main Multiverse where anything that happens in 1 happens to them all, or that all the Multiverses share a similar structure and template, for this, and again with Scaling;

The Gods and Immortals: (Varius degrees of) High 2-A (Immortals being another name for Gods in the Mystara campaign and with Vecna being able to resist the Lady of Pain's Avatar, the Gods having the ability to merely think of something to happen and cause it to happen, this includes their own realms.)

Overdeities (LoP, Ao, The Celestial Bureaucracy, Maztica): At least Low 1-C (Far above all Gods, being completely untouchable by Vecna, the Lady of Pain's true form would have automatically destroyed the Multiverse, Ao can destroy and recreate all the Gods with a single thought, controls the font of power which the Gods draw from.), Likely High 1-B (The D&D Multiverse is likely to contain Infinite dimensions which Overdeities can exist in.)

Luminous Being: At least 1-C (Is far above all other beings in the entire D&D Franchise, is commonly know and accepted to be the stand in for the DM), Likely 1-A (The D&D Multiverse is likely to have Infinite dimensions, all of which Luminous Being transends.)

I can agree to At least 1-C/High 1-C, likely 1-A for Lumi. I am also fully in agreement that this should apply only to the Mystaran setting due to it being so unique among the multiverses of D&D.

> Well, we know that all the Multiverses, even if different, are built very much the same way,

Mystara's multiverse is structured differently than normal DnD multiverses. There's only four elemental planes, the material plane, the ethereal plane, the Astral plane, and a infinite (or nigh infinite) number of outer planes. And the outer planes themselves are a bit weird since they can be shaped to whatever the Immortal wants. There's one plane that resembles a scroll and another a octopus for example.

Plus there's a lot of other alternate multiverses that don't have a Abyss. Like the 3e Norse, Greek, Egyptian multiverse

> The Celestial Bureaucracy, Maztica)

Are they Overgods? The only two I know of are Ao and Highgod

Checked the revised 2e book and yeah, they're mentioned as Overdeities. Just weird since we really haven't heard of them past 2e.

Yes, I would preferably like to find something related to the more common D&D multiverses in order to fix scaling among deities and such.

Anyway, I can update Lumi's page when I get home.

@Azathoth Looks good on my end. Only change I can think of would be adding a image talking about how many dimensions there are to the first section. Like you said before:

Also, we need to clarify the level of the low end on the Luminous Being's page. We know the 7th dimension exists, and that the Old Ones withdrew into the "sixth and higher dimensions". If there are "higher dimensions" above the sixth (such as the seventh, which is directly mentioned), we could assume at a bare minimum the multiverse has eight total dimensions. This would make the Far Realm at least 9-D, and the Luminous Being at least 10-D. Isn't that actually High 1-C? Because it would mean its rating would be "At least High 1-C, likely 1-A".

Oh, god, I can see it now, people putting Luminous being up against the Outer Gods, I feel sorry for Lumi.

Back