• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons & Divers (RP Thread)

"........." Demiólke listened to Basil and Neltharion, and then let out a sigh. She fell to the grass, crossed her legs, and rested her cheek in her marred, crimson palm, seeming defeated at this point. "...F*ck it. We'll take an hour or two to rest, max. The bird or whoever the hell wants to go can go ask that whale whatever they want during that, even though it just talks in static... after that, I don't care what you say, I'm leaving. With or without you."

"Oh this is so fun to watch~ <3"
"I agree!"
"........." Demiólke listened to Basil and Neltharion, and then let out a sigh. She fell to the grass, crossed her legs, and rested her cheek in her marred, crimson palm, seeming defeated at this point. "...F*ck it. We'll take an hour or two to rest, max. The bird or whoever the hell wants to go can go ask that whale whatever they want during that, even though it just talks in static... after that, I don't care what you say, I'm leaving. With or without you."
"Alright, I'll be on my way now!", the bird said but then it just stayed there on Blythe's shoulder, not moving an inch. In actuality, Chester simply decided to send the swarm of insect clones to the whale's location instead of himself.

Last edited:
Neltharion nodded, and just... slumped down, her shield digging a bit into the softened earth so Neltharion could put her back against it, her eyes closed as she tried to get her migraine under control

Basil closed his eyes, taking a slow breath. "Is it possible that the whale can write? Was there not a sign pointing in its direction when we arrived?" He took out his waterproof notebook, the pages worn and dirtied from its rough treatment. "Parrot, go and see if you can get any information from it. Escape routes. If it talks static, give it this. If it can't write...do charades or something, whatever it takes."

(I edited my previous post to mention him going to the whale, well, kinda)
Basil closed his eyes, taking a slow breath. "Is it possible that the whale can write? Was there not a sign pointing in its direction when we arrived?" He took out his waterproof notebook, the pages worn and dirtied from its rough treatment. "Parrot, go and see if you can get any information from it. Escape routes. If it talks static, give it this. If it can't write...do charades or something, whatever it takes."
"That's a nice book you got there! I don't think it'll be necessary though.", it said and still hadn't moved at all.

'Well, it was a whale, so....no hands to write with. He was a cheery fellow, though; I'm sure he'd be glad to help any way he could!"

'Well, it was a whale, so....no hands to write with. He was a cheery fellow, though; I'm sure he'd be glad to help any way he could!"
"Creatures in the dungeon develop special traits. They're infused with magic after all. If it had some kind of... telekinesis, or hidden limbs, It wouldn't be too farfetched. Someone had to have written the sign...and it certainly wasn't the plant." Basil shrugged ever so slightly.

"That's a nice book you got there! I don't think it'll be necessary though.", it said and still hadn't moved at all.
".....?" Basil glowered at the bird for a moment, before shaking his head. As the adrenaline of the fight and his previous argument faded, the man began to feel the ache of worn muscles, and the pain of freshly mended bones.

"Do whatever is required then, please. The method is irrelevant at this point." He said flatly. He took a few steps away from the party, before slowly lowering himself onto the dead grass.

"Creatures in the dungeon develop special traits. They're infused with magic after all. If it had some kind of... telekinesis, or hidden limbs, It wouldn't be too farfetched. Someone had to have written the sign...and it certainly wasn't the plant." Basil shrugged ever so slightly.
"Oh yup, it definitely has magic.", the bird replied without elaborating further.

Demi let out a breath, painfully rubbing the bridge of her nose as she felt stress begin to prod its way into her brain. To alleviate this, she reached into one of the two pouches hooked at either side of her shorts and pulled out a strangely colored cigarette. She lit the thing with a flick of her finger, the speed of her movement creating enough friction to set the material alight, before placing it in her mouth and inhaling.

"Haaaaa... F*cking hate my life..." The smoke that came from her mouth was neon colored and smelled odd.
"Alright, I'll be on my way now!", the bird said but then it just stayed there on Blythe's shoulder, not moving an inch. In actuality, Chester simply decided to send the swarm of insect clones to the whale's location instead of himself.
As suspected, or not suspected, or not thought of at all, the whale was indeed there, where Demi and Dakath found it. Physically there, at least. It seemed... out of it. Staring off into space, not responding to the environment around it. It wasn't dead, that was clear, but it was mentally elsewhere.

As suspected, or not suspected, or not thought of at all, the whale was indeed there, where Demi and Dakath found it. Physically there, at least. It seemed... out of it. Staring off into space, not responding to the environment around it. It wasn't dead, that was clear, but it was mentally elsewhere.
Some of the moths hovered a foot away from the whale's eyes while others landed on top of it.

"Do you ever look at someone and wonder what is going on inside their head?", they asked in unison.

"Haaaaa... F*cking hate my life..." The smoke that came from her mouth was neon colored and smelled odd.
Noticing this, Demi would hear Blythe hopping along and stopping to walk normally. The way her body moved were nothing short of strange. Sure, she was joking at most, but... sometimes there's moments where you need to stop. It's one of those. Rare, but no impossible.

"We already got our asses kicked, huh~? I feel slightly guilty...." she muttered, attempting to touch her shoulder but putting her hand away immediately after.

Some of the moths hovered a foot away from the whale's eyes while others landed on top of it.

"Do you ever look at someone and wonder what is going on inside their head?", they asked in unison.
The whale doesn't respond for a few moments, before it suddenly jolts up. Or rather, it's body vibrates a bit, and it shakes, given it can't physically move itself upward. It blinks a few times, which given the size of its eyelids, takes a few moments.

"Why, hello there, little guys!!!" Exclaims the now seemingly fully awake Humphrey, its voice as loud as ever.
Noticing this, Demi would hear Blythe hopping along and stopping to walk normally. The way her body moved were nothing short of strange. Sure, she was joking at most, but... sometimes there's moments where you need to stop. It's one of those. Rare, but no impossible.

"We already got our asses kicked, huh~? I feel slightly guilty...." she muttered, attempting to touch her shoulder but putting her hand away immediately after.
The demoness turned to Blythe, before sighing and breathing in some more smoke. "You didn't do anything, so 'our asses' isn't really an apt descriptor..."

The demoness turned to Blythe, before sighing and breathing in some more smoke. "You didn't do anything, so 'our asses' isn't really an apt descriptor..."
"I was waiting for a time where I could strike, but... I was a little worried you wouldn't want me and them hurt... So I changed my mind immediately after...." sheepishly, she would sit and tried laying her head on her shoulder, looking at her if it's allowed or not.

Demiólke glanced down at Blythe, before simply shrugging, silently giving her permission. She breathed in some more smoke, and breathed out another strange cloud. The cigarette swiftly burned out, and the remaining ashes fell to the dead grass. She pulled out another one, and swiftly lit it.

"Whatever."

The whale doesn't respond for a few moments, before it suddenly jolts up. Or rather, it's body vibrates a bit, and it shakes, given it can't physically move itself upward. It blinks a few times, which given the size of its eyelids, takes a few moments.

"Why, hello there, little guys!!!" Exclaims the now seemingly fully awake Humphrey, its voice as loud as ever.
"Howdy buddy! Sorry if we disturbed your slumber. Some adventurers from above asked us to find you. They want to know if there are any exits that may lead out of this dungeon, other than the one they arrived from of course. Would you be so kind as to tell us? Please?", the insects very politely asked.

Demiólke glanced down at Blythe, before simply shrugging, silently giving her permission. She breathed in some more smoke, and breathed out another strange cloud. The cigarette swiftly burned out, and the remaining ashes fell to the dead grass. She pulled out another one, and swiftly lit it.

"Whatever."
"So... what do you wanna do after we get out of this? Do we go on another murder spree again~? More of that, Shing Shing action~?"

(I lied, not getting back to it today cause I spent most of my time home sleeping off pain. Will be back tomorrow hopefully and will start making more time for this in my schedule. ❤️)

(Back from being a bum, calling anyone who still wants to do this.)
"Howdy buddy! Sorry if we disturbed your slumber. Some adventurers from above asked us to find you. They want to know if there are any exits that may lead out of this dungeon, other than the one they arrived from of course. Would you be so kind as to tell us? Please?", the insects very politely asked.
"Exits? Well, ya see (&%#!&Y(_)(&." The whale tries to speak, but it all comes out in incomprehensible, ear-grating static. "And then ya make a left turn, shimmy a little bit to the right, and there ya go! Home free."

"So... what do you wanna do after we get out of this? Do we go on another murder spree again~? More of that, Shing Shing action~?"
"Think I'm gonna fall alseep for like, a year. Might jump off a cliff." Says the demoness, partially sarcastic and partially serious.

"Think I'm gonna fall alseep for like, a year. Might jump off a cliff." Says the demoness, partially sarcastic and partially serious.
"Can I jump off with you then~?" she replied with a giggle, "Though the first one is definitely a must-have after this..."

(Back from being a bum, calling anyone who still wants to do this.)

"Exits? Well, ya see (&%#!&Y(_)(&." The whale tries to speak, but it all comes out in incomprehensible, ear-grating static. "And then ya make a left turn, shimmy a little bit to the right, and there ya go! Home free."
"Oh, sorry. We couldn't hear that very well and we have a rather poor memory anyway.", the moths said as some of them left the swarm before returning a moment later with a pen and paper which they had gotten somewhere.

"Can you write your instructions down? In a clear and concise manner if possible?", they requested.
"Can I jump off with you then~?" she replied with a giggle, "Though the first one is definitely a must-have after this..."
"Ack! I wanna jump off a cliff too! That sounds FUN!", the parrot replied and laughed.

Oh, sorry. We couldn't hear that very well and we have a rather poor memory anyway.", the moths said as some of them left the swarm before returning a moment later with a pen and paper which they had gotten somewhere.

"Can you write your instructions down? In a clear and concise manner if possible?", they requested.
"Write it? Well, I could. But I think it'd be better if I just showed ya the way. Ye can bring yer little friends here, and it'll be much simpler than writing down some silly lil' instructions."
"I was just joking, dumbass..." Demiólke sighed and chuckled, "I just... want to get the hell out of here already."

"Write it? Well, I could. But I think it'd be better if I just showed ya the way. Ye can bring yer little friends here, and it'll be much simpler than writing down some silly lil' instructions."
"Aw, alright then. We'll be right back.", the insects flew off with the pen and paper.
"I was just joking, dumbass..." Demiólke sighed and chuckled, "I just... want to get the hell out of here already."
"Well, you're in luck! The whale just said that it'll show us a way out once we return to it. Don't ask how I know. Ack!", the parrot responded.

"...Lovely. Demiólke, are you apsolutely sure this isn't a trap?" Neltharion grumbled as she got up, opening her rather weary eyes which quickly hardened into those of a warrior. Picking up Scaleshard and her shield, Neltharion trudged over to Demiólke, she probably wouldn't be fighting Strength for awhile, but at least she was on her feet solidly.

"...Lovely. Demiólke, are you apsolutely sure this isn't a trap?" Neltharion grumbled as she got up, opening her rather weary eyes which quickly hardened into those of a warrior. Picking up Scaleshard and her shield, Neltharion trudged over to Demiólke, she probably wouldn't be fighting Strength for awhile, but at least she was on her feet solidly.
"Eh, probably not. If the whale wanted to hurt you guys, it would have done so already and it wouldn't have tried to warn you about the grass. It doesn't seem like it wants to eat you either, shockingly enough."

"I was just joking, dumbass..." Demiólke sighed and chuckled
"Don't call me a dumbass, hubby!" she pouted
"I just... want to get the hell out of here already."
"Well, you're in luck! The whale just said that it'll show us a way out once we return to it. Don't ask how I know. Ack!", the parrot responded.
"My little pet already got the way out then!" she clapped, switching just as soon as she puffed up her cheeks.

"Got is a strong word. Big arms over here is right— this could be a trap." Demiólke said, "The whale's nice, but that doesn't mean I trust it. I'd rather not take a risk like that while we're all this tired..."

Neltharion sighed "...I think it's a risk we have to take. If it turns out to be hostile, that mana potion gave me enough mana to shut it up for a bit, I don't want to risk getting migrated into by a carnivore or something." Neltharion said, sounding more pissed off that she felt pushed to do this than anything else

"Got is a strong word. Big arms over here is right— this could be a trap." Demiólke said, "The whale's nice, but that doesn't mean I trust it. I'd rather not take a risk like that while we're all this tired..."
"Ehhh, my dummy wummy head isn't that sharp, so... I'll trust your word for it~ <3" Blythe smiled, "If it comes down to a fight though, I can play a little rough to anything, rightttt?"

Basil slowly sat up on the field of dead grass, letting out a soft breath.

"You said 2 hours Demiólke. We still have some time to rest. If the whale is willing to assist us I doubt he'll leave in that time." He said.

"Well, it's not like he can leave. He's a... whale." Says Demiólke, before shaking her head and continuing to explain herself. "Point is, even then, we'll still all be pretty tired. I just don't want to have to fight something that's maybe as strong as that grass monster thing... or stronger..."

"Well, it's not like he can leave. He's a... whale." Says Demiólke, before shaking her head and continuing to explain herself. "Point is, even then, we'll still all be pretty tired. I just don't want to have to fight something that's maybe as strong as that grass monster thing... or stronger..."
"..." Neltharion sighed and looked away, there was no good answer she could give to that.

(@Oliver_de_jesus)
While everyone else was arguing about what to do next, the parrot looked at Danny who had been remaining quiet.

"Hey you. Zebra? (&%#!&Y(_)(&. Do you understand what I just said?", it asked him after replaying the incomprehensible, ear-grating static that came out of Humphrey's mouth earlier. Chester had lied about having a poor memory. He didn't know what it meant but he could still perfectly replicate the sound.

Last edited:
"But Demi, I'm not tired! Can't Bly go and explo- OW!"

Back