• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Duck Hunt Dog/Duck KE calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Here's a little meteor calc for the duck. The dog should scale to it in dura and AP as well, since he can tank the blast of air generated by this without harm, and should be physically superior to the duck overall.

This video showcases the custom moves for every character in the Smash Bros. series. I'm looking at the moveset 3 variant of his up special, where the duck takes the dog numerous times its height into the air in a split second.

So a quick google search tells me the heaviest dog is 166 kilograms, and that a duck weighs 1.5 or so.

167.5 kilograms.

The dog has a dalmation palette, so I'm going to use the height of that breed of dog. The males are around 21-26 inches. I'm going to use 26 inches.

Since the duck takes the dog about seven times its height into the air, this would be around 4.7 meters. The bird, with the addition of the dog's weight, clears this distance in around one quarter of a second, so this should put the velocity at 18 meters per second.

So throw that into a KE calculator:

167.5 * 18^2 = 27,135

27,135 Joules = Wall Level

Whoa. Oh man. Watch out. Here comes doggo.

Also, using the duck's weight of 1.5 kg, it should be able to reach 190.21 m/s in order to generate 27,135 J on its own.

So, Subsonic+.

Whoa. Oh man. Watch out. Here comes the duck.

Well I don't have anything in particular agaisnt the calc, but this is only Smash. It won't apply on the profiles.

Actually I do have something against it. You can't use Energy to find Speed.

I know this is for smash, but that's what the profile is based on. The profile even uses the portrait from Smash. Plus there are character profiles that analyze the Smash variants of the characters as well, like Mr. Game and Watch (Although the details were vague).

It isn't. It used to have a Key for Smash but it was removed.

G&W only has a Smash tab since he is borderline originating from Smash.

I'd argue that Duck Hunt is virtually featless as well without the Smash counterpart.

You have a point though.

He still had a game or two. For comparaison, R.O.B. had no non-cameo fictional appearance outside of Smash. And the very idea of a composite G&W characters came from smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back